Start by marking “The Queen & the Homo Jock King (At First Sight, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Queen & the Homo Jock King (At First Sight, #2)

The Queen & the Homo Jock King

(At First Sight #2)

17 hrs 5 mins

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Sanford Stewart sure doesn't. In fact, he pretty much believes in the exact opposite, thanks to the Homo Jock King. It seems Darren Mayne lives for nothing more than to create chaos in Sandy’s perfectly ordered life, just for the hell of it. Sandy despises him, and nothing will ever change his mind.
Audible Audio, 18 pages
Published August 1st 2016 by Dreamspinner Press, LLC (first published February 29th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Queen & the Homo Jock King, please sign up.
T.J. Hi, sorry, didn't see this was here. But yes, I've already spoken to Michael about this, and he'll be doing the audiobook for Queen.

Tj
T.J. The turn around time is pretty quick these days. I would think maybe summer???

Tj

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
****Only $0.99 today at Amazon US! 5/1/19!***

~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to Meryl Streep the CRAP out of this review!

OMG, guys. Like, for real!

I read Tell Me It's Real almost exactly three years ago. Almost to the day. It was my first T.J. Klune book, and I had NO idea what I was getting myself into.

I made the unfortunate (fortunate??) mistake of reading Tell Me It's Real on an airplane, and I laughed so hard that I snorted coffee out of my nose while crammed in a coach seat between my husband and a stranger. I'm a very classy lady, I know.

This time around was probably going to be dif()5/1/19!***
I'm****Only
T.J.
Aug 08, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Updated 8/1/16:

The audiobook, narrated by the fabulous Michael Lesley (he of Tell Met It's Real and The Lightning-Struck Heart) has been released as of today! I hope you're ready to hear the Queen and Homo Jock King brought to life! Michael will again show you why he is one of the absolute best narrators in MM today (yes, I am biased because of my adoration of him. I mean, come on! He's Gary, for fuck's sake).

The Queen has arrived...

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Homo-Jock...]

Dreamspinner: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...
☆ Todd
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Okay, remember that one time when you heard about that one thing that was just all the fuck over the place and half the time you had no idea which end was even up? But it was just so much fun and chock full of awesome?

Meet. That. Thing. In book form.

Oh, yeah, this book goes there. Then it backs off for a couple of minutes, then it goes right the hell back again.

And I loved it.

Did the story feel laser focused? Fuck no, hardly. This isn't that book. It's f
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**Warning: Gratuitous gifs ahead**

description

I'm obsessed with the At First Sight series, and The Queen & the Homo Jock King is one of my comfort reads. It is pure FUN- just outlandish, ridiculous, yet insanely heartfelt FUN. It strikes
Jilly
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First things first. We need to address the somehow not-cute elephant in the room. How is an elephant not cute? Probably because it was hired by the same people who made the decisions on the book covers for this series. You know, the blind. This one isn't even half as bad as the first one, but still. Come on, man! Anything is better than these terrible photos of average-to-unattractive people on your book covers. Anything at all.

Holyshitt!! My eyes!!
Okay, I stand corrected...

This is another male-male romance by TJ Klune, who I am now obsessed with. I'm sure that is exactly what this author was looking for while writing: middle-aged, married housewife fan-girls. If so, he has succeeded. Well done, sir!

This book is second in a series with hilarious gay men who are snarky and make me laugh hard enough to spew milk out of my nose... if I drank milk. But I don't. Milk is gross. Unless it is an ingredient in ice cream keep that cow excretion away from me. Far away.

Our hero is Sandy, who is also a drag queen by the name of Helena Handbasket. He is fierce and demands everyone to bow to his orders, including the other drag queens at the gay bar.

This show will go off perfectly as it always has. Are we clear?"

"Yes," the queens said.

"Good, and what do I always say?"

They spoke as one. "If I ever catch you performing 'Let It Go' from Frozen, I'll castrate you and feed your dicks to some horses.."

I clapped my hands together. "Isn't this just so much fun?"

I want to be Helena when I grow up. I don't get that level of respect from my kids.

So, Sandy had a bad experience with a jock, Darren, a few years back and has hated him ever since. Darren, however, seems to be in secret-love with Sandy. Through a truly stupid situation, they do the whole fake-boyfriend thing. It's funny, ridiculous, and OTT. I loved it.

At one point they go on a date to a restaurant and meet a waiter that was a great comedic element in the first book - Santiago. They are with the last couple, Paul and Vince, and Santiago has a thing for Vince. This means that he treats Paul .... well....

(Santiago, the greatest waiter ever):"Vincent? What would you like to drink?"

(Vince): "I'll have a mango margarita.."

(Santiago TGWE): "One mango margarita for mi corazon. Father accountant? (What he calls Paul) We don't make drinks out of bread and butter. I suppose I could bring you a gravy boat if you'd like."

(Paul, he's a little chubby): "You bitch. I'll have the same as Vincent."

(Santiago TGWE): "One Diet Coke, hold the ice, you got it, good life choice. Should I point out the heart-healthy items on the menu? You look like you have a high sodium intake."

In case you were wondering - no, this isn't one of those restaurants where the waiters are super rude to you and people actually line up to go there because they secretly hate themselves or are masochists or whatever...

yeah, I don't think I'll go there until I'm ready to retire in a nice quiet prison cell.

But, bitchy waiters in bookland? I love it!

This book is filled with hilarity, snark, and sex. It is not for the faint-of-heart, but definitely for those who love the funny and gay romance. I didn't read too much in this genre before, but I am becoming a huge fan. I don't get as many book-boyfriends out of it, but I get tons of crazy outburst laughing and that's almost as good.
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!

Classic Klune and when I say such I mean fucking ingenious humor that comes out of nowhere and bitch slaps you with the audacity, ridiculousness, and the honest truth. The guy has no shame and neither do his characters.

There are so many fabulous things to love despite this toeing (really, going over) the line on miscommunication and separation by years. It’s a testament that Klune can do this to me and not make me overly upset by it.

Darren surprisingly threw me for a loop. He’s no Ot/>Classic
.Lili.
Audio review

I've never been into audio books. I never felt that they could bring the story and characters to life the same way as reading the book would. I'd started a couple and set them aside. Then after a couple years I tried Wolfsong and loved it. I decided to try this audio in preparation of Until You's release. Best. Decision. Ever.

Michael Lesley:

You brought these characters to life. It was truly amazing and hysterical to listen to. If you're a no
Lost in a Book
4.5ish Stars

You guys!!! This book should come with a warning. Seriously. Maybe something that warns against all liquids, food, and operating heavy machinery while reading/listening to this book. I don't think I've *ever* laughed as hard while listening/reading a book like I did for this one. I was driving along the interstate, listening to this audio, happily sipping my Starbucks while driving my daughter to the zoo and holyyyyy-shit, the opening scene almost caused me to drive off the road while simult
BWT (Belen)
4.5 Stars

I have expectations of a T.J. Klune novel. It must be funny, it should have some emotions tucked into it too, and above all, it should be written so I can devour it quickly thoroughly enjoying every turn of the page.

This had the potential to go either really wrong or really right. Luckily, my faith in T.J. Klune remains unblemished, because this was totally right.

I love the humor, the feels (though I was a little surprised I didn't get hit with wookie cry face), and the way Klune handles bringing back some o
Rachel Reads Ravenously

This is TJ Klune at his funniest! This book had me bursting out laughing and then taking snapshots of the kindle screen and sending it to my friends!

A very unconventional love story, I think the only other drag queen romance I've ever read was Painted Faces by LH Cosway and that was verrryyy different from this one.

Other than really loving it, I had some issues with it. For one, I was dying for the romance between Sandy and Darren and what we got with this book was a book about Sandy and eve
Meags
4.5 Stars

What is there to even say, really?!

If you’ve read Klune’s stories you know what kind of brilliance to expect - brilliance in the writing quality and the overall genius of the storytelling; brilliance in the creation of memorable characters that you quickly come to treasure and adore; brilliance in the level of hilarity present, the kind that has you giggle-snorting inappropriately in public places; brilliance in the depth and range of emotions elicited, often leaving you an emotion
Macky
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNING! This book will cause excessive snorting, spluttering, belly laughing and explosive LOL'ing. Those of a weak (bladder) disposition may want to stock up on the Tena's before opening book or Kindle and keep a spare pair (or two...possibly three) of scanties close to hand in case of involuntary leakage. As leakage WILL occur...a lot.

Thank you...review now following!".

Oh my Lordy! This enemies to lovers book made me soooo happy. Only 2% in and I was already wallowing in TJ Klune's situational come
Wendy

I laughed my ass off, reading "Tell me it's real", and even though I really liked Sandy and Darren in that book, I didn't expect their story to top Paul and Vince's. I was so freaking wrong about that !! I loved this book even more than I did the first !!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor absolutely loved it + gif

This book made me snort coffee out of my nose, but also managed to make me cry !! I am exha
Alvin
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Darren being determined AF is sooo hooot!!!

Okay... Let me start with my critiques. I want to get it out of the way first: IT WAS NOT AS FUNNY AS Tell Me It's Real. The author tried, I can feel that. But I still didn't find it as funny or as over the top as the first book.
And also the plot was just ridiculous! But, I LOVED how it eventually panned out. I'm not gonna spoil it but for those who've read it, you know what I mean.

This is not my favorite T.J. Klune book. But compared to all the other books I've ever read, it still ranks high
Jaela
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
T.J. Klune you brilliant creature!

There aren't enough words in this world that I can use to describe your books. They're all amazing. This one couldn't be any different.

When the drag Queen Helena/Sandy gets involved into mischievous affairs with the homo jock King-Darren, what could possibly go wrong? The answer: Everything!

I loved the humor in this book and in all TJ's ones. He's absolutely amazing. His mind is beautiful. Only he can make laugh so much (in every single page of
Renée
We met Sandy in Tell Me It's Real and saw his fierceness, his loyalty. We saw it again in Ty and Dominic’s story, The Art of Breathing(damn you TJ for the number of tissues I went through on THAT book), when Corey/Kori moves in with Sandy. So I’ve always appreciated the dichotomy of Sanford Stewart and his drag show character, Helena Handbasket. Sandy thinks they’re very different. He thinks Helena is fierce and strong, while he’s more meek and introverted. *Snort* That may be how Sandy feels, but there is nothing meek or introve ...more
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}
"You have to remember that people can change. Who we once were isn't who we're always going to be."

Over the top fabulousness! So what I've come to expect from TJ Klune basically.

Awkward dinners, word vomiting all over the place, ridiculous, and I mean ridiculous, UST. I was getting ready to kick Sandy and Darren around the place. For someone so awesome Sandy and Helena were like proper stupid.

This was everything I wanted it to
Ann
Absolutely hilarious, plus feelz and deliciously hard earned dirty bits. It's a complete package of fun.

I let this book make me its bitch and I loved every minute of it.

You have to read Tell Me It’s Real to appreciate the sequel, no doubt. Sandy/Helena is too big for one book and knowing his backstory through Tell Me It’s Real makes him that much more amazing. Helena is all the things that Sandy is not but wants to be. Helena is bold and fearless where Sandy is shy and sweet. And, thank sweet baby je
Debra

This was another funny, over the top story with a lot of heart under all the madness. I liked it even better than the first book. The whole cast of characters we were introduced to in Tell Me It's Real is back, along with Corey/Kori (who was introduced in The Art of Breathing and looks to be the subject of the next book!), Santiago (the waiter from hell) and a cast of homo jocks, most notably Brian (he needs a story too!), Biff, Chet and Xerxes. Even Gustavo Tiberius pops up on the pages.
Dia
4,5 stars

I really loved this one. It was extremely funny and also unexpectedly sweet.

Like I mentioned before, this author makes me laugh like no other. I can't remember when I laughed out loud so much, while reading a book. His characters are hilarious and super crazy, but you love them so much. I wish I had this kind of friends in real life. Oh how much we would laugh!

If you've read the first book (and if you haven't, what are you waiting for?! GO check it out NOW) you need to read Sandy's s
Jenni Lea

That. Was. FABULOUS!!!

Seriously. I could listen to this all day, every day, over and over again and not tire of it.
Sandra
Thoughts after reading:

This was absolutely fabulous. Everything I had hoped for, and more. When I wasn't cackling like a hyena, I was dying from the awwww. Perfect follow-up to TMIR.

Put this on your TBRs RTFN!

Review:

First off, that cover, OMG. How perfect is that cover showcasing the dual nature of Sanford Stewart and Helena Handbasket.

Where Sandy is quiet and shy, Helena is fierce and in your face. Where Sandy wants to be loved for who he is, includin
Trio
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just knew it would be as spectacular as I'd hoped. Obviously no review is necessary to convince anyone to read (or listen to) this book. Michael Lesley was so incredible... as I always say, I think he makes TJ even better and TJ does the same for him ;) It's a match made in heaven.
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Wow, so what to say about The Queen & the Homo Jock King that hasn't been said! I doubt you'll find much new here, but I can try to Meryl Streep my way through this!!

The Queen & the Homo Jock King is damn funny. No lie -- I started reading this book while walking on my treadmill and could barely get through the Prologue without falling off the damn thing, I was laughing so hard. But did I learn from this? Hell, no. I continued to use my treadmill while reading this bo/>The
Sonia ~Ruber's fiancé in Crystal Court universe~
The audio is PERFECTION!!!!! It makes the book 1 billion times better, and it was a 5 stars read before!
----------------------------
MAGNIFICENT!!!

But what else could you expect from TJ Klune?

Meet our protagonists:

Sandy aka Helena Handbasket aka The Queen

which I can only imagine as Shontelle Sparkles, who I stalk on Instagram and I love her!! (thank you Momo for introducing her to me)

and Darren Mayne aka Homo Jock King
----------------------------
MAGNIFICENT!!!

But what else could you expect from TJ Klune?

Meet our protagonists:

Sandy aka Helena Handbasket aka The Queen

and Darren Mayne aka Homo Jock King

who pretend to hate each other's guts (but are secretly love) and enter a in a fake-boyfriends scheme to save the beloved gay bar Jack it and the crack babies (don't ask:P). Their shenanigans to reach this goal are HILARIOUS, RIDICULOUS (in the most wonderful and crazy way imaginable) soAWESOME I almost peed my pants laughing. They are joined of course by our beloved Paul and Vince (who I missed and looooved to see again, they are adorable together), Corey/Kori (who we met in The art of breathing and who is fabulous and I suspect is the next protagonist in the Tell me it's real world), Charlie (leather daddy) and Paul's siblings!

The shenanigans reach new heights and you can't possibly imagine what comes out of their mounts and what they're up to. There's really no point in trying to explain. Just read the book! READ IT!

I loved the chemistry between Sandy and Darren; they are perfect together. And their one sex scene towards the end is OFF THE CHARTS HOT!

This book is an other masterpiece by our beloved TJ Klune. I don't know how he does it!

I leave you with a couple of more pictures of Shontelle who I believe is the perfect Helena Handbasket!

Karen
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I finished this one a few days ago and as much as I'd love to just review the hell out of it. Time is not my friend at the moment. So I'm going to have to suffice it to say that I loved this book...seriously I need to laugh and rant and just enjoy the hell outta' something right now and this was the perfect time for this one. It's awesome with it's over the top Sandy drama. #SandyRules4EVAH!!!

Ok, the end. I gotta' go do the things and hopefully the next time I get to listen to it I'll have the
Elsbeth

Well.... This was one heck of a crazy train.

description

I loved this though. Sandy/ Helena Handbasket is a piece of work. And his/her pining for Darren was adorbs. But dammit I wanted to smack the two. They were so blind and stupid.

description

There were not too many sexsce
LenaRibka
Oct 16, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf
Notes for myself:

You gave the audio book back (TWICE!).
You HATE the narrator's style.
DON'T BUY IT AGAIN BY MISTAKE.
Try an eBook edition instead. But remember, there were too many "giggles" for your liking at the beginning. Most likely it is not for you.
Jenni Lea

Lurved lurved lurved lurved lurved!
♥Sharon♥
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I’m not sure what to say about this book other than I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! It was even better than the first book and I thought Tell Me It’s Real was pretty fantastic. This is the TJ Klune magic that I have come to love and expect.

Was this book OTT? Absolutely! That in itself is why it was FUCKING AWESOME!! One of my favorite chapters has to be the one titled “Hitting Girl Scouts in the Face with Dildos”. Hang on a second. Don’t forget, there is no judging allowed on GR! :)

I adore all the characters and I wish I had

• Loving Jay (Loving You, #1)
  • Too Stupid to Live (Romancelandia, #1)
  • Mark Cooper versus America (Prescott College, #1)
  • How to Raise an Honest Rabbit (Granby Knitting, #2)
  • Hooch & Cake (Special Delivery, #1.5)
  • Beauty and the Bookworm (Beauty and the Bookworm #1)
  • Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)
  • Crash & Burn (Cut & Run, #9)
  • Shaking the Sugar Tree (Sugar Tree, #1)
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • A Matter of Time, Vol. 2 (A Matter of Time #3-4)
  • Louder Than Sirens, Louder Than Bells
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • The Return (The Austin Trilogy, #2)
When TJ Klune was eight, he picked up a pen and paper and began to write his first story (which turned out to be his own sweeping epic version of the video game Super Metroid—he didn’t think the game ended very well and wanted to offer his own take on it. He never heard back from the video game company, much to his chagrin). Now, over two decades later, the cast of characters in his head have only ...more

At First Sight (4 books)
  • Tell Me It's Real (At First Sight, #1)
  • Until You (At First Sight, #3)
  • Why We Fight (At First Sight, #4)
“I am Lulu Deerdancer and I am twenty-nine years old and I am perfectly legal to enter this here homosexual establishment and partake in beverages and repetitive techno music.”
“Because you both have been here before.”
“Yes,” I said.
“Hmm,” the bouncer said.
Then Paul sneezed and his mustache flew off his face and landed on the cheek of the bouncer.
The silence that followed was slightly awkward.
“Huh,” Paul said. “I guess that’s easier than shaving. It’ll certainly revolutionize the facial hair industry.”
2 likes