Start by marking “Talking Out My Arse: Poems Inspired by Crohn's Disease, Hospitals, Public Toilets, Food / Drugs” as Want to Read:

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Straight-up shit talk.
e-chapbook, 1, 42 pages
Published August 1st 2016 by DIY

To ask other readers questions about Talking Out My Arse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Talking Out My Arse

Harry Whitewolf
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
I’ve now read a fair few of Andy Carrington’s poetry books, and the things that have resonated with me most are his main themes of social injustice, bigotry and politics – but there are always other poems in those collections which are more personal and often deal with Andy’s experience of suffering from Crohn’s Disease, so it was good to read this book where the priority themes are flipped. So, the main running topic of Talking Out My Arse (man, you’ve got to love that title) is Crohn’s and eve ...more
Rodney
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In these poems, all of the agony, frustration, and anger that are part of Andy Carrington's experience with Crohn's Disease are conveyed with sharp, cynical humor and heart...cathartic poetry that holds nothing back.
A. Blumer
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
First: I love the gruesome honesty, which could also just be called reality.

Second: The line breaks were done pretty well, I felt. It conveyed the emotion and made reading it out loud fun as hell.

Third: I have a greater appreciation for my healthy asshole and colon.
Jason
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016, poetry
I'm not really sure what to say about this collection, I had heard of Crohn's disease before (in fact I thought it was called Chromes disease) but I knew nothing about it. This amazingly honest book has really opened my eyes and I am shocked about the fact there is no cure and it is unknown what even causes the condition. It is so damaging to a person on so many levels, it's not just their health that is affected.

There are no laugh out loud moments here, all my thoughts are along the lines of "b
Kokila Patel
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the many books that I have read by the author Andy Carrington, he is by far one of the most exciting writers to come along in very long time! This is particularly a very frank and open book about what Andy goes through with his condition Crohn's.

In this book he holds back nothing in telling the reader exactly how it is, so as to give you a feel of his everyday experience with the condition! If you didn't know anything about Crohn's you will now!

It's hard to pick a favourite poem
Ju$tin