Start by marking “Over Easy (The Continental Breakfast Club, book 1)” as Want to Read:
Over Easy (The Continental Breakfast Club, book 1)

Over Easy

(The Continental Breakfast Club #1)

Diamonds, dogs and dating. What could possibly go wrong?

Dog groomer Allie Parker has the worst luck meeting men. So when she discovers that hotel continental breakfast is filled with eligible bachelors, she squeezes into her sister’s high-class clothes and pretends to be on a business trip. Before she’s taken her last bite of syrup-laden waffle, she’s met the perfect guy.

T
Kindle Edition, Revised Edition published February 2017, 274 pages
Published May 10th 2016 by Aine Press

To ask other readers questions about Over Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over Easy

A Wondrous Bookshelf
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Over Easy is book one in The Continental Breakfast Club series. This is the story of three best friends who one day come up with this great idea to find men at a hotel during continental breakfast. I laughed so hard during this book. I absolutely loved Ford’s style of writing, and I just loved Allie. This was such a cute and delightful read. Fast-paced and funny, this is a great summer read that you can enjoy in one sitting. I definitely recommend this light-hearted chick-lit.

I’d like to thank i
Michelle (Bookaholic Banter)
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
A cute, silly,adventure/mystery type of novel with a little romance thrown in. This book was a lot of fun to read. It grabbed my attention from the beginning and kept me interested the whole way through. It was a fast-paced, easy to read novel. I flew through this book.

The characters were very real and believable. I felt like I was spending time with a girlfriend. The writing was very easy to follow. It flowed very easily. The conversations between characters was to the point and not drawn out.
Kaye
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SAY WHAT???
I have to say this read is in a league of its own. So many twists and surprises keep you in stitches the whole time. Its so entertaining and off the wall hilarious. The characters were so down to earth and moving in more ways than one. The scenes were so lifelike and real you could envision them. My attention was captured by the storyling as it played out. Its so engaging and full of action it kept me on my toes. Pam weaves the words together and brings us, her readers, the besy of th
Bella
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will admit that I came into this series as a biased reader, having thoroughly enjoyed Pamela Ford's 'Bachelor Next Door' series immensely. What I wasn't prepared for was loving this series just as much. The premise is so hilarious, so sincere, and so believable that I warmed to the story immediately. The main characters introduced are so likeable, so honest and so realistic that I felt as though I were reading about my best friends. The chaos, confusion, hilarity and insanity that occurs as th ...more
Dhivya Balaji
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
FIRST IMPRESSION:

The cover was simple, clearly covering (pun unintended) everything the summary hinted at. It drew me in, as it promised something more than the obvious romantic comedy this book was supposed to be. The summary held my interest because I really had prepared myself to sit and enjoy this genre and not look for logic faults or loopholes or expect any adrenaline rush. The book was a short read.

REVIEW:

What sort of man would make my parents— I mean, me— happy? “I’ve narrowed it down,”
Jackie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adorable book that I couldn’t put down. Love these characters and the interaction.
Phyllis Resop
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is fun! It is witty, clever and laugh-out-loud hilarious at times. The lovable characters and situations they get themselves into are relatable on so many levels that make this book a thoroughly enjoyable read. Dogs, diamonds, young women looking for love in all the right/wrong places with just enough suspense to keep it intriguing. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the Continental Breakfast Club series--can't wait to see what happens next!
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
To Allie's family, she's the baby; the one that needs to be reminded about basic things, the only member of the family to be deemed 'unsuccessful'. She has her own business, what's unsuccessful about that? Oh, wait, Allie doesn't have the 'successful' husband that her parents so badly want her to have. A continental breakfast, two ladies and 'the ideal man', what could possibly go wrong?

Oh my gosh, what can I say! I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I saw the cover of the book. It gave
Shree
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
A good looking dog groomer hunting for a potential boyfriend – How hard can that be? Oh it seriously can be quite hard if you pick the wrong guy. That’s exactly what the protagonist, Allie does. Succumbing to the pressure of keeping up with a family of intellectuals, Allie resorts to finding the perfect guy who would fit to her family standards. Along with her friends, Megan and Bree, she sets out to meet men. They initially start off by hitting the gym to find men, but that plan fizzles out. Ev ...more
Amy
Aug 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Over Easy by new to me author Pamela Ford was a hilariously laugh-out-loud adventure. The premise of this story is about three best friends who are trying to make love matches. For instance, they joined a gym to try to meet some guys; however that didn’t work out so well. So Megan, the lawyer comes up with an old idea of sneaking into the continental breakfasts at hotels to meet the loves of their lives. And so The Continental Breakfast Club has begun.

Over Easy is really Allie’s story and she is
Floryie
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

From the blurb, I was expecting a light thriller with lots of racing and chase. What I didn't expect was the laughter. Oh my! Almost every scene had me laughing - giggling under my breath or laughing out loud. In short, it was a hilarious read.

The characters were finely crafted. They would need to be a certain type to fit into this story. Allie came across as a ditzy person. I think she was more of a child than an adult in her actions. I be
Lucy-May
When I first started reading this I was concerned I'd dislike it because of the possibility it could be like the Bridget Jones books... But it really wasn't.

Although the initial story line is about finding "love", the story line that takes over is hysterical (if not ridiculous) and I read the book in two long sessions due to needing to know what was going to happen. I laughed throughout and finished the book with a smile on my face.

Allie is a massive drama queen (like me) but has loyal friends
Carla
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Over Easy is a fun, romantic comedy that will take you through some crazy moments and moments of pure joy and throughout it all, Over Easy is one book you just can't put down.

Over Easy is so well written, Pamela writes as though you are an active member in the story. As if you are having a conversation with Allie, your best friend, as she relays the story of her life. It made me laugh, made me worried for her and really helped to connect me with her character.

The plot is one you have never read
Dawn
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Over Easy is the first book in The Continental Breakfast Club series. It's a fun mystery and a quick read.

Three friends in their twenties are all single and trying to figure out ways to meet men. I like the three women and how well they complement each other. Allie is a dog groomer, Bree is a teacher, and Megan is a lawyer. They come from completely different backgrounds but they are the best of friends. They have tried several ways to mee
Laura Thomas
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, romance
Such fun. This was a mad dash from beginning to end.

Allie comes from a family of over achievers. She’s just a lowly dog groomer. Feeling pressured by her family, Allie, along with her two best friends, come up with a plan to meet the man of her dreams. Surely that will impress her family.

They crash the continental breakfast at a fancy hotel and, sure enough, Allie finds a handsome, successful man who shows an interest in her. Sadly, she doesn’t know he’s a jewel thief and has mistaken her for hi
Erin Cataldi
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
A cute, breezy chick lit in the same vein as the Stephanie Plum series. Readers will laugh out loud at the antics of the affable, ditzy, and well intentioned, Allie Parker whose over active imagination can get the better of her sometimes. Allie is sick of being the baby in the family and is determined to bring a man to her parents 45th wedding anniversary. Tired of always being looked down on for being a dog groomer and being single she is determined to turn things around for once and for all.

O
Laura Reading
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have heard this before- a big family event is coming and to show up without a date would make one look like a loser, or in this case, like the baby of the family who would never amount to anything of value. Fortunately for Allie, she has two intelligent, single female friends also eager to find male companionship willing to try crazy schemes with her.

Over Easy is the first in a series of novels about these three friends and how their choices lead to adventures no one sees coming. After they
Corinne Rodrigues
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've heard of women trying various ways of finding husbands, and I've tried a few of those ideas myself (!), but this one took the cake. A group of friends decide that the best way to meet prospective a prospective husband is to sneak into high-end hotels and eat at the Continental Breakfast buffets! That way, they figured out they would meet men who were smart and obviously doing well enough to live in these hotels.

Over Easy is all about Allie, the 'black sheep' of a highly accomplished family,
Mel King
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful read! I really enjoy the story and how the author brought the characters to life. The characters were likable and relatable. I can relate to the struggle Allie had with her family. Family expectations of you can become pretty overwhelming overtime. Don't get me wrong I love my family but sometimes I feel restricted. They support me and love me but I know they wish I do something else. I'm sure that's how Allie had felt with her family. And I liked her enthusiasm in trying to pro ...more
Megan (Ginger Mom)
First of all, the only reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is because it's written in first person. That's just something that makes it hard for me to keep things straight in a book. With that said, I thought this book was hilarious! I really enjoyed the commentary in Allie's head. She goes off on these wild tangents and it was so much fun to read. I found myself wishing right away that I had signed up to read both books for the tour . . . time, however, didn't cooperate. I enjoyed the ...more
Cynthia
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book from Goodreads giveaways. What do get when you have 3 single women looking for love and do it in a different way. Well these wonderful women decided to try going to Contential Breakfast at their local hotels to try and meet single men. Well Allie met a nice guy and ending up having a date later in the evening at a local bar. Little did she know that the guy was actually thinking she was the buyer for a million dollar diamond ring. She just thought he was a nice guy she could get ...more
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Over Easy was such a delightful read! Calamities and misadventures follow Allie and her friends wherever they go throughout this laugh out loud book. Part mystery, part chic lit, part suspense, part romance, The Continental Breakfast Club is sure to please anyone who love fun, quirky characters! Over Easy is also a fun read for dog-lovers. Allie is a dog-groomer, and her dogs play a key role in the story.

I love reading stories that have tight girlfriends working together, and this story definite
Patricia
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of Over Easy by Pamela Ford for the purpose of an honest review.

It was an absolute pleasure to read Over Easy by Pamela Ford. This is a book that captured my attention and held it from cover to cover. It had plenty of action including manhunting, sleuthing, and lots of laughter!

Ms. Ford has created a cast of characters that is easy to relate to, then you mix in a trio of furry friends and the story is bound to get a little wild!

I love that Over Easy is
Nicole Laverdure
What a charming contemporary story!

Over Easy, by Pamela Ford, is wonderful blend of romance and suspense! I really enjoyed it, her three characters Allie, Megan and Bree are so charming and funny!

It tells the story of three best friends who concoct a plan, to help them find the men of their dreams. So they decide to try and meet them at continental breakfast clubs, unaware that thieves are lurking around! Will they find their future husbands? As one of them, get dangerously mixed in a diamond t
Ann Green
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When best friends concoct a scheme to find rich men, the plot thickens! Fresh, zany and frankly hilarious, Pamela Ford makes the 3 best friends who create "The Continental Breakfast Club" come alive. After reading the adventures of Allie, Bree and Megan, you will honestly believe in love again. Centered on Allie Parker, almost 30 and looked down upon in her family of overachievers, the novel progresses with quite a few twists and turns, which I will not disclose here. Loved the anecdotes of Alli ...more
A Holland Reads
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in a series that I was lucky enough to get to read. This was such a fun book to read. It was a light book that reads very quickly. Another thing I like about this book is that the way the author writes and makes you feel as if you are a part of the story. What a funny plan to go to a continental breakfast to find yourself a boyfriend. I can just imagine what was going through Allie's mind or maybe not going through her mind. Going along with Allie is like being with your b ...more
Jessica
Allie is tired of being treated like the baby of the family she is. She decides that if she finds the right man they will treat her more like an adult. Her friends come up with the idea of meeting men at hotels at Continental breakfasts. Allie is all for the idea and borrows her successful sister's clothes because she can't go dressed as a dog groomer. All things seem to be going well when she meets a guy that she thinks fits the bill and you are drawn into an adventure where not everything is a ...more
Melanie
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
A fun, zany read with a series of miscommunications and misunderstandings a mile long. Allie, and her friends set out to meet single men at a local hotel continental breakfast. What she doesn't expect is to get swept up with a case of stolen jewelry.

This is a fun book. Allie is a little naive at times, but I could actually see this as a Hallmark or Lifetime movie... And I mean that as a compliment. Allie and her friends are in for a wild ride.
Olivia Rae
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: olivia-rae
Pamela Ford!!! Top notch author. Who couldn't love a story with dogs and diamonds. Fast pace and hilarious, Over Easy is the first book in a series called the Continental Breakfast Club. The story is about a dog groomer who wants to meet a well connected guy by sneaking into a continental breakfast. Does she meet the guy? Yep, and so much more...a jewel heist, mistaken identities and possibly murder wait for you in this book. Read it! You won't be disappointed. Can't wait for book two!!!
Red
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read! Fresh characters, setting, and lots of dogs. I will admit that it seems a little slow to begin, but once the action starts you have to hold onto your hat, it doesn't slow down until the end. I loved the writing and the characters so much, I can't wait to read the next one in the Breakfast Club Series!

• The Marrying Type
  • Late Last Night (Montana Riverbend, #1)
  • The Late Blossoming of Frankie Green
  • Courier Run (Adventures in the Liaden Universe, #18)
  • Annie's 1st Break (Annie McCauley, #1)
  • Scot Of My Dreams (Kilted Heroes, #2)
  • Together for Christmas: 5-B Poppy Lane\When We Touch\Welcome to Icicle Falls\Starstruck
  • The Farmer's Wife (Luchettis Brothers #1)
  • Prophecy's Ruin (Broken Well, #1)
  • Flawless (Love, California #1)
  • All-Butter ShortDead
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)
  • Let it be Me
  • Always You (Second Chances #1)
  • North Pole Anthology: Books 1-3 (North Pole, Alaska #1-3)
  • Dirty Eden
  • Calamity Jena (Invertary, #4)
Pamela Ford is the award-winning author of contemporary and historical romance. She grew up watching old movies, blissfully sighing over the romance; and reading sci-fi and adventure novels, vicariously living the action. The combination probably explains why the books she writes are romantic, happily-ever-afters with plenty of plot.

After graduating from college with a degree in Advertising, Pam s

The Continental Breakfast Club (2 books)
  • Fresh Brewed (The Continental Breakfast Club, book 2)