Start by marking “Boondocks” as Want to Read:
Boondocks

Boondocks

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  69 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
One twist of the lid changed everything…

The devil sat on my shoulder from my first breath, he watched my every move, and with the first strike of lightnin' I was pulled under.

Walking into Boondocks the voice of an angel called to me and I vowed to live a better life. She kept me on the righteous path until Satan called one last time.

It was time to take him down or lose my
Published October 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Boondocks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boondocks

Kathy Coopmans
Sep 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WOW. This is the first time I've read a book going in blind. I knew absolutely nothing about it at all.
I have to say "I was beyond pleasantly surprised.
Casey took me on a little adventure here by the name of Walker. He charmed the pants right off of me until he made a mistake, then I wanted to throttle him.
So here I am, mouth open, head shaking back and forth thinking how can this guy "right his wrong?"
If I tell you how then it gives the entire book away. I will say this; you need to grab this b
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Release Date: October 25, 2016
Genre: Sweet Southern Romance

:: 4.5 Pretty Little Stars ::

Casey Peeler does Southern Romances THE BEST. This book hooked me from the very beginning. The characters and everything about it is so charming that I didn't want to put it down for a minute. This is a story about young love, heartbreak, and the country. The story is told with finesse, it is sweet, and it is 100% relatable and gorgeous. OMG you have to grab your copy of this book. You won't be disappoi
Emily Goodman
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you’ve ever read a book written by Casey Peeler then you know you are going to read a story of values, morals, small town southern charm at its absolute best. If you are from the South like me, then it’s a story of your childhood. Peeler makes the true character of the South come alive between the pages of her books.

Boondocks is the story of a small southern town gone lost after the industry has moved away leaving illegal activities as one of the only ways to make money while focusing on tw
Siobhan
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m going to preface this review with a little note: this book is not quite a full four star rating. It was super close, but it wasn’t quite there. However, rounding it down was an impossibility. If I rounded the rating down, I would be doing this book a serious injustice.

Boondocks was my first Casey Peeler book, but I’m positive I’ll be reading more of her work. It was such a sweet story, one that pulls you in and holds on tight. I’ll admit that there were a few parts of the story where I wasn’
Tammi
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Awww! Young love is so sweet. Chauna and Walkers love was no exception. But just like any other teenager Walker is young and dumb! By no fault of his own this boy was up to no good.
Chauna was a sweet sassy little thing. She kept a small circle of people and loved them dearly. She let Walker in! And when tragedy struck his wrong doing came to a head and she was HEARTBROKEN!!!
I love this author's use of a southern setting and the country music laced through the book made me smile. It was such a he
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon

*** 3.5 Cranky Stars ***

This is a coming of age love story, which is firmly aimed at teenagers.

The story centers around Chauna and Walker. She is the typical girl next door with a supportive and devoted family. He is the boy with a tough home life, criminal parents, and heading down a dangerous path.

Chauna’s father is part owner of the titular Boondocks. It’s a restaurant –bar and Chauna sings there every Friday night.

It’s at the Boondocks where Chauna and Walker meet, embarking on a relationsh
Janice Somers
I haven't read a sweet young love book, written more for young adults, that is absolutely amazing.
This is about a boy, named Walker, whose parents are on the wrong side of the law and have forced their teenage son to follow them. They arrive in a small town and Walker has to finish the last week of school in a new school and meets the girl of his dreams.
Chauna was raised by her father, after her mother died when she was really young. She has turned into an amazing daughter who listens and follo
books are love
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Walker was a good character. He was flawed and believable. His family was one that did bad things to get by. He was forced at times to do things he didn’t like but he had determination to better his situation. When he met Chauna there is instant attraction and he is intrigued. Her voice draws him in and her inherent goodness has him wanting to become a better man.
Chauna is a strong female character. She is well liked and loves her father but harbors guilt about something that happened in the pas
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
What a gorgeous story of young love, promises made & secrets shared.

This is my first ever Casey Peeler book & based on the blurb I didn't actually realise it was a young love read, but I have to say I was far from disappointed. From the very beginning the characters pulled me in to their sweet romance, they tugged on my heart strings as they struggled to come to terms with their past, but also made my heart melt with the sweet, innocent young love of the forever kind, they shared.

Chauna
Books Laid Bare
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a cute read. Characters that were easy to give your heart permission to fall completely in love with.
There was enough going on throughout the book to hold my attention from start to finish but it was the connection between Walker and Chauna that had me happy to be in the company.
Walker was screaming out for roots, somewhere he could belong, he had spent most of his life moving from one place to another, primarily because his father didn’t seem to have the capacity to actually hold down
Alysha
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Casey Peeler definitely tugged at my heart strings with her book, Boondocks. Young love, town secrets, and illegal activates, are only some of the few things in this book. Many emotions running through this book, so much so I caught myself yelling at the characters while reading. Like they could really hear me, LOL. Then again I may have fallen in love with this book because I'm a sucker for true love!

Walker has always been on the move with his parents, never settling down in one place for very
LLEP  Book Blog
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Boondocks is my first book by Casey Peeler. It is about Chauna and Walker living a little thing we call life. Chauna was born and raised in Barber. This town has seen hard times since the mill closed, but the one good thing about Barber is Boondocks. The local hot spot that holds great memories for Chauna. Her momma sang there before she died, her daddy plays with his band there and Chauna also sings there. She has dreams to work at Boondocks and some day own the place.

Walker was born into a fa
Shannon Mcfarland
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it

Walker was born into a fa
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
Oh My Lord!!! I went into this novel knowing absolutely nothing about it. what. so . ever.
Well i can't say that.
Given the title i had a strong feeling it took place in a country setting so of course i was immediately on board because i'm a true country girl.

Boondocks is realistic; that is one of the most important things for me when reading a novel that takes place in the country.

I really enjoyed the mentioning of country songs and also the Playlist that Casey Peeler has on spotify to go alon
United Indie Book Blog
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer: Lindsey
Rating: 4.5 Stars

This was a very well written book. It had such a rollercoaster of emotions going on. There was a little bit of everything that happen in this book. There was drama, lies, deceit, passion, love all of these emotions that put you in your feeling. From the plot to the characters this book was almost perfect. This is a perfect summer read that will give you the feels and make you love the characters the whole time. Chauna and Walker will take you on a ride to findin
Sara
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you haven't read Casey Peeler, then you are missing out!

You are going to love Boondocks! A sweet story of young love and growing up.

Chauna and Wilder were great! Chauna is the sweet local girl with the angelic singing voice. She loves her dad and her friends dearly. Wilder is new in town and the hot, mysterious boy who rides a motorcyle. They become friends and then something more, but Wilder's family is bad news. He has always put up with it, but after meeting Chauna, he vows to make his lif
AC Squared Book Blog
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I truly loved everything about this book. It's been a while since I've read about a teen romance and this one was so good! Walker and Chauna were so adorable together! She was kind of like the "good girl" and he was the miss perceived "bad boy." I think this made them fit together so well! There were parts that were so country and small town that really made this story so believable, it made you think that it's possible that his were a true story. I also really enjoyed her relationship with all ...more
Amber
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was such a sweet, Southern story! Boondocks is a bar in a tiny town and that means everyone knows everyone and their business. Chauna has been daddy's little girl since she was born and just wants to be with him at Boondocks.

Walker just wants out of his life. He can't wait to turn 18 and get away from his parents and live his own life. And meeting Chauna makes him want that even more. He doesn't want to do the things his father makes him do because he wants to be good for Chauna.

Of course
Gina Meier
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chauna and Walker are two halves that make a whole. Walker is a great guy who is trying to better himself so he doesn't turn out like his parents. Walker's parents moved him to a very small town and everybody is judging him by his looks. Chauna was raised to treat everyone the same. Chauna takes Walker under her wing so he is accepted by her friends. These two from there go on a wild ride. So strap on your motorcycle helmet , grab some shine and get to reading. I couldn't put the book down until ...more
Lisa Gerkey
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a sweet southern coming of age story. This is so different from what I usually read, but it is so well written. It surprised me at how easy I was able to get caught up in this book. There is a lot of drama and suspense, but most of all this book gave me goosebumps with all of the “feels” between Walker and Chauna. This is a book worth reading and if you are a younger reader, I think you will appreciate it even more!
Stacy Aube
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

After reading the blurb for this book you just don't know what to expect. Young love, adventure and romance are some of what you get. Walker and Chauna couldn't be more different, but they just have this it factor that works. This is a great book for both younger and older audiences alike.
Andrea Britton
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Young love at its finest. These two are so cute and the depth of this book goes a little deeper than I thought it would. We follow these two characters through their last years of high school. We follow the twists and turns. We follow their love and their forgiveness.
Melissa Guy
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story loved it all the way through couldn't put it down. Finished it at 3 am this morning. Well written.
Jenell Shull
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. This book had it all everything one could want and need in it. Fresh starts, love,hate, deceit. I will be recommending this to everyone
Jessica
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Two Kentucky Girls and Books Blog
3.5 stars felt right for me on this book. Boondocks is my first book by this author. While I think this book is well written, it lacked certain elements to it. I didn't feel the emotions I thought should've been there. Chauna and Walker seemed great for each other, but fate has a plan. There are some plot twists that keep you hanging on. I would definitely read another book by Peeler.
Alex Staggs
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing and different

I loved this book!! Walker is a sweetheart who wants to better himself and Chauna is a southern belle who just wants to stay in her hometown. They go through many different battles and hardships but come out stronger in the end! It's different then Casey's normal books but still has that southern charm you expect from her! I couldn't put it down!!
Stefanie
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal! It makes you want to be in this small town with these characters. They are all likable and people you would want to hang out with. It is such a sweet book! Many hardships and trails go on between the hero and heroine, but in the end they are stronger for it all. This is a different story from anything I have read recently!
Chauna
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Casey Peeler has outdone herself with this book!

A bit out of the norm for Casey, she definitely nailed it! I couldn't put this book down ;)
Kayla  Hawkins
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, it has made me cry, laugh, get mad, and have all the emotions u can have on top of them! this is a perfect youn adult romance book! I got started on it late but it took me a while to read the book I was before I started it bit I'm almost done after a couple days, for some reason all of Casey peelers book do me this way, after all her books are what got e started reading, from her first book loosing Charley from the full circle series, I got hooked, and I can't wait to read the ...more
Melanie
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that I had no idea what to expect from this one going into it because I did not read the blurb beforehand, but I was immediately drawn into this story and could not put it down. The way that Casey Peeler draws you into her characters and the whole plot of the story overall immediately is something special.

I fell in love with Chauna from the beginning. A sweet, innocent young lady that has been raised by her father. Chauna's father has done a great job raising her and has instill
« previous 1 3 next »
Casey Peeler grew up and still lives in North Carolina with her husband and daughter. Her first passion is teaching students with special needs. Over the years, she found her way to relax was in a good book.

After reading Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston her senior year of high school and multiple Nicholas Sparks’ novels, she found a hidden love and appreciation for reading.

When Ca
More about Casey Peeler...

“As the liquid reaches my mouth, it's sweet as sugar, and there is no evidence of alcohol except for a distinct burn on the way down. In other words, this is the kind of shine that will bite you later.” 0 likes
“I just hope i don't hear banjo music, because if i do, i'm outta here.” 0 likes