Start by marking “I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)” as Want to Read:
I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4)

I Knew You Were Trouble

(Oxford #4)

New York City’s hottest bachelors are stirring up trouble in this fun, flirty Oxford Novel, as a love triangle forces a feisty beauty to choose between winning back Mr. Right or giving in to Mr. Wrong.

Taylor Carr has it all—a sleek job in advertising, a stunning Manhattan apartment, and the perfect man to share it with: Bradley Calloway. Even after Bradley dumps her for a
Published June 13th 2017 by Loveswept

*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

photo Trouble_Teaser_7_zps8sat9mdp.png

This latest installment in the OXFORD series is an ”Enemies-to-Lovers” romance. We met Nick Ballantine and Taylor Carr in the previous book and from their initial encounter, I knew these two were going to have explosive chemistry and I wasn’t disappointed.

Taylor Carr works in the advertising department at Oxford magazine and loves her job. She’s a no-nonsense headstrong woman who has been labeled an ice princess. It’s a term that doesn’t si
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lauren Layne Fans, Romance
3.5 Nurture's Impact Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free... ON SALE $1.99!!!
Becoming a Grown-Up is hard...there is so much a person has to overcome or appreciate or deal with...There is that age old question of what makes us who we are... Are we made by our DNA or are we influenced by how we are raised or probably a combination of both...In this latest entry by Lauren Layne, she presents a person who finally is able to overcome issues of how she was raised to finally be able to love freely.

This book is
Bibi
Jun 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 55%. There were no valid reasons for the insta-hate, also, the childish banter was just sad. What are they, 12?
Claire Robinson
3 - "You could do better..." Stars.

Lauren Layne and I seem to have had a bit of a falling out so far in 2017. After book three in the Oxford series; Someone Like You being some of the authors best writing I have experienced, everything else I have read since that was released back in December 2016 has been decidedly lackluster.

"Some days I think I’ll figure out just what the hell made you so damn bitchy, but then I remember I don’t give a shit."

I think the main problem is that the author is chur
Dali
A delightful romantic escape. Lauren Layne writes up a fun, flirty and highly enjoyable story about a woman who doesn’t believe in love thinks the predictable good guy is the way to go, but actually wants the roguish bad boy with the scruff and sexy smile.

Taylor Carr and Nick Ballantine’s relationship can be described as complex mix of “bad timing and worse decisions.” But when Taylor gets dumped the same day her ex was supposed to move in with her, her no-nonsense and very pragmatic character
Alex ♈
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5-5 'Worthy Trouble' Stars!

God the magic this woman has in her head! Lauren Layne is killing it with her releases every single time! Lauren is an auto-buy author for me and I am always extremely excited when it's time for a new book to come out. I always have crazy high expectations for them and I am so glad to say that, again, she did not disappoint with this one!

I Knew You Were Trouble is the fourth installment in the Oxford series (spin-off of Lauren's Stiletto series) and it's the love sto
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
What I loved about this novel the most was the unapologetic truth that timing doesn’t always work out the way we read about it.

In Lauren Layne‘s latest novel I Knew You Were Trouble Taylor Carr met Nick Ballantine and sparks flew. They had this delicious love/hate thing going on. They teased and flirted until Taylor took a chance and asked Nick out. Now came the surprise that rocked my boat. Nick told her he was in a relationship.

WOW!!!

I didn’t see that coming.

That’s real life, right there.

And o
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 But Sandy gets me Stars

Broken women, I admit sometimes I’m a little hard on them as a reader. Usually I think they are whiny or bitchy or just mean and so I generally have a hard time connecting. But Lauren Layne gets me and she gave me a woman who wants to be loved so much, but at the same time is driven in her life and doesn’t really complain and boo-hoo about it she just pulls her boot straps up, makes a plan and gets stuff done. Sure Taylor has some baggage but overall she is a heroine w
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***4.5/5 Stars***

I Knew You Were Trouble was flirty, sexy, angsty and absolutely fabulous! This was a classic LL book, and I devoured it in one night. And when I finished the epilogue, I was left feeling beyond ecstatic and happy. I had the hugest smile on my face. So if you are a fan of enemies to lovers, or if you have fallen for any of her past releases, then you definitely want to pick this one up!
“If you weren’t dating him, would you have dinner with me?”
“I don’t like you,” she whispered.
Bindi Boo
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lauren Layne. She's my go to author for a feel good read. Perfect amount of angst and sweet. This one was no different, the characters had the most intense connection- i was rooting for them from the get-go!
Lisa Filipe
Another incredible romance from Lauren Layne. Again...I cried. I ALWAYS cry while reading her books. I don't know why, as they aren't the most heartwrenching romances out there, but I think I just get so swept up in the characters and their emotions and I just end of with tears, sometimes joy, sometimes pain, but ALWAYS because I just want them to have their happily-ever-after, and for Taylor and Nick....it was a long road, but the end was SO WORTH the journey.

I didn't think anything could top
Hollis
"What can I get for you, Carr?"
"Thought you were supposed to be some sort of cocktail miracle worker. Make me something."
"Shit. Of all the days to forget the arsenic."

Okay, so I've finally noticed Layne's trend in her Oxford series. For every Sex, Love & Stiletto-introduced character & love interest, she's swapping the next book out with a newbie couple. The first one (newbie, I mean) didn't work for me -- see review re I WISH YOU WERE MINE -- but this second one, with the couple only ha
Shawna
5 stars - Contemporary Romance

I loved this! The enemies to frenemies/roomies to lovers story was done fabulously! I'm usually a more hero-centric romance reader, and Nick certainly had his swoony qualities and moments. But I actually fell even harder for the heroine in this one. I adored Taylor, and I wanted to hug her and have Nick be the one to finally show her all the understanding, acceptance, and love she'd been so deserving yet deprived of. The scenes of Taylor excitedly bringing home all
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this enemies to lovers story. This was a pretty quick read and I found myself flying through this fun little book. This is the fourth book in the Oxford series and while fans of the series will enjoy seeing some of their favorite characters, this book could easily be read as a stand alone novel. This was one of those books that I could just totally lose myself in and ended up reading it for hours at a time. It defini
Jessica Lemmon
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aaannnnd I'm crying. AMAZING!!!!!
Kate's Corner
I can't quite believe that I'm DNFing this book at 62 %. LL is one of my go to authors for rom com. She is the only one who can balance the angst with the romance that she adds to her story. In book 3 of this series which is Someone Like You she did an exceptional job. In I knew you were trouble? Not so much.

The book is utterly ridciulous. Nick made one off hand comment and since then they have been at one another's throats. Why?
Taylor is oblivious to EVERYTHING around her and thinks she loves
Irene
4 stars

I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne was a great read.
From the first few pages I was hooked.
I enjoyed getting to know both Nick and Taylor. They made me laugh with their banter and the slow burn, love/hate storyline kept me turning the pages.

description

For me, being a huge fan of the Oxford series and the Sex, Love & Stiletto series getting to revisit with the previous characters in I Knew You Were Trouble was a huge plus.
They always manage to make me laugh and touch my heart with their love
Cyndi
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I first started this book I thought their banter was ‘so junior high man.’ But as the story progressed I became more attached to the story.
Taylor comes across as an ‘ice princess’ but all along she has erected barriers so she won’t be hurt. But, that irritating guy at work, Nick breaks through the barriers.
Here are two wisdoms this book reminded me of 1) office romances should always be avoided and 2) I could never read someone as well as these characters do. I wouldn’t see the “hurt fl
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, steamy
This is fourth in a series and many of the previous couples show up here. More than that, this is a follow-on series and you get occasional cameos from folks in those earlier books, too. Layne does a reasonable, but not seamless, job giving relevant background so you can start here if you like.

Well, it's been maybe a month since finishing it so I'm afraid this is going to be a bit vague.

Here's what stands out as a major irritation, even now: both protagonists spend huge swathes of this story wit
Alaina
No, this isn't about Taylor Swift or her songs. However, the MC's name is actually Taylor. Coincidence? I think so.

In I Knew You Were Trouble you will meet Taylor, Bradley, and Nick. No, it's not a love triangle because that would be gross. Nope Bradley is Taylor's ex-boyfriend who decided to dump her on their moving day was a great idea. God, men are idiots. Now Taylor was an interesting character. She's deemed an ice princess, which I've heard a time or two in books. Then there's Bradley, and
Nadia
I was sort of torn between two and three stars, but in no way was this as bad as the previous book, so three stars it is, but only because of Taylor. She's a goddess and Nick is a butthead.
The ending was uber rushed. One moment he's in Portland and the next (view spoiler). I mean it came out of nowhere. And Nick's reaction was really awful. Insulting her like that and then leaving her for so long, cutting off all communication, really made him drop low in my eyes.
Sharon
I seriously enjoyed the last book, but this one is not my cup of tea. In general, Layne’s books usually run between two extremes for me: Love or hate. Of the 8 books I have read so far, I love 3 and hate 5.

I think it comes down to the tropes. I’m not a fan of certain tropes.

Here are some random thoughts in no particular order:
• Taylor: I can relate to her very much in some of her thought processes. However, she does disappoint me sometimes throughout the book. On one hand, I appreciate her char
Shannon Moore
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
There's just something about a Lauren Layne book that's so comforting to me. It's so refreshing and easy to read. I feel like every time I pick up a new LL book, I'm coming back to a friend's house and revisiting all of those feels and emotions and happiness from the last time I was there.

I love how this author just throws you over the edge and into her stories. She doesn't waste time creating a world or emotion. Head first, she dives in and the reader can choose to sink or swim. It's a fast pac
monica ♪
3.75 Stars

I wanted to write a proper review but too lazy lol
So I settle with 3.75 stars. All I can say is that this book is still so un-LL-like.
I've read her books that are better than this.
Michelle
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!
Loved it!
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by Loveswept and Tasty Book Tours***

There are some books that just work. The writing is perfect, the characters are the balance of good and flawed, the way real people are, they have chemistry, and the actions are believable.

This book had all of this, and then some. It also kept me up until 3 am. When I have to be up for work at 6. Because there was NO way I was putting it down. Absolutely no way.

Wow, was this one excellent. Really, really excellent.

Nick and Taylor don't like eac
  • Stray Hearts (Animal Magnetism, #1-2)
  • How Forever Feels (Friends First, #4)
  • The Name of the Game (Something New, #3)
  • Villa Fortuna - A Romantic Comedy
  • Home for Christmas (Willow Park, #5)
  • Longbourn's Songbird
  • Echoes of Pemberley
  • Winning the Boss's Heart
  • On Any Given Sundae (Sweet #1)
  • The Deal Breaker
  • Boots and Backpacks: Pride & Prejudice on the Appalachian Trail, Roughly
  • Arranged Love
  • Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5)
  • The Muse: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • The Millionaire's Unexpected Proposal (Miami Lawyers #1)
  • The Journey
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Creative License
Important:: Lauren Layne is NOT active on GoodReads, and book dates/info represented on this site may not be accurate.

For updated book information, please visit the Lauren Layne Library:

For more about Lauren, writing tips, etc, please visit the main website:

The best way to stay up-to-date on upcoming releases is her newsletter:

Oxford (5 books)
  • Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1)
  • I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2)
  • Someone like You (Oxford, #3)
  • I Think I Love You (Oxford, #5)