Start by marking “Hello Tokyo: 30+ Handmade Projects and Fun Ideas for a Cute, Tokyo-Inspired Lifestyle” as Want to Read:

Full of fun and inventive projects, Hello Tokyo is a cute and quirky guide to living a DIY lifestyle inspired by Japanese crafts and trends

Filled with simple craft projects and fun tips inspired by her daily life in Tokyo, Japanese blogger, crafter, and designer Ebony Bizys captures the humor and originality of the eclectic Japanese experience in this charming handbook.
Published March 28th 2017 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about Hello Tokyo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hello Tokyo

Start your review of Hello Tokyo: 30+ Handmade Projects and Fun Ideas for a Cute, Tokyo-Inspired Lifestyle
Emmy
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I checked this book out on a whim, and absolutely fell in love! The author's concepts of what makes for a perfect Tokyo lifestyle fits in quite nicely with so many of my interests. While there are many things in the book I will probably not do (go on a picnic, host a dinner party, etc), I just loved Ebony's enthusiasm and creative outlook on life. I was also thrilled with the sections on gift giving and correspondence, since I love to write letters to a small group of pen pals. I'm really ...more
Shelli
Oy. Hello Tokyo: 30+ Handmade Projects and Fun Ideas for a Cute, Tokyo-Inspired Lifestyle , by American transplant to Japan Ebony Bizys, is yet another one of those ill-conceived books that are basically a bunch of the author's random blog entries over the years, collected up into an editor's best guess at categories and calling them chapters, with the whole thing having no flow, coherence, or in this case useful or interesting information. The Japanese "lifestyle" and tourist information is ...more
Christina
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book. The author is an Australian woman who moved to Japan, and she seems to have a love for drafts and cute things. She even introduced me to a great new word: crafternoon. I thought I was going to get creative inspiration and a glimpse at life in Japan from an outsider perspective. I like those kind of books, because the author often noticed differences a native writer takes for granted. (I remember a friend in Spain asking me what I missed most while studying abroad. ...more
Sasha Brown
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book!! I have family whom are missionaries in Japan. They have lived there for the majority of their life and have picked up Japanese customs and cultural traditions. Now, I can recognize and understand some of these customs after reading this book! The photographs and entire cohesive theme of the book was gorgeous. It really displays Japan in such a unique, beautiful light. It makes me want to go explore and learn more about Tokyo. This definitely isn't a boring, how-to craft ...more
Courtney
Jul 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute ideas and I loved learning some Japanese words/concepts. Such as the ‘rule of 5’ for bento boxes, color & flavor, etc. and osusowake, the sharing of inexpensive items with friends. Read on an iPad, and screen shot the ideas that appealed to me.
Lili
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Some cute things but, disappointingly, not really for me. I found that there was a lot more biographical information and blather as opposed to actual instructions for crafty things, which was what I was after.
Katey Thompson
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty
The lazy crafters book! Chock full of cute projects without the huge investment of time. Adding colour and a dash of whimsy to your life has never seemed more doable.
Bee
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Mostly for people who enjoy paper crafts.
Caren Lee
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Quirky book geared toward pre-teen and teens.
Andrea
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: craft
More of a reference book.
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a combination travelogue about life in Tokyo with craft and home design projects. The projects are bright, colorful and inspiring. The projects are stylish and easy to complete.
Starbubbles
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts, decor
Super cute projects that are accessible for any crafting level. Even talks about where to find additional ideas and supplies. Will definitely need to check out again for resource ideas!
Grits Helme

• Small Doses
  • Joséphine Baker
  • The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide
  • It
  • Jane Austen (Biographics #1)
  • David Bowie (Little People, BIG DREAMS)
  • A Hot Glue Gun Mess: Funny Stories, Pretty DIY Projects
  • Craft a Life You Love: Infusing Creativity, Fun & Intention into Your Everyday
  • Ravina the witch ?
  • Realms of Tolkien
  • Rey and Pals: (Darth Vader and Son Series, Funny Star Wars Book for Kids and Adults)
  • Why We Read: Quotations for Book Lovers