Start by marking “Stay With Me (Last Frontier Lodge, #5)” as Want to Read:
Stay With Me (Last Frontier Lodge, #5)

Stay With Me

(Last Frontier Lodge #5)

A steamy, full-length, standalone romance with a guaranteed HEA from Amazon Bestselling author J.H. Croix! If you like smoking hot romance with alpha men and strong women, you’ll love this series!

Sometimes what we run from leads us exactly where we need to be.

Jessa Hamilton has nowhere else to go. So she’s packed up her little blue truck and driven to Alaska, seeking ref
Published August 18th 2016 by J.H. Croix

To ask other readers questions about Stay With Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stay With Me

BookWorm
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was actually quite sweet. I liked Eli and how he stepped up to look after his younger brother. Eli and Jessa were a good match and their chemistry (sexual, anyway) was very evident. The 'drama' of the book was dealt with quickly which was excellent. Plus this book makes me want to visit Alaska - even if I don't like fishing.

Although I can't help but mention that some of the terms used during sex scenes made me laugh. Every time Jessa took her bra off her breasts "tumbled loose". I had visi
Shaheen
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Boring

The setup for this book seemed really good: artist moves to Alaska to restart her career, meets a fisherman who is getting guardianship of his abused younger brother. Unfortunately, Jessa and Eli are just too boring. There is instalove, which leads to almost instakissing, but the chemistry between them is kinda bland. There is a lot of repetition about backstory, particularly of previous book protagonists. The little brother is perfect - we are constantly told he is a good worker, and he e
Lynn Lim
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I. Love. JH Croix's writing!! I love the settings for this series I love the people she describes in this series.
This story is about Jessa and Eli.
Jessa lost everything when the fire destroyed her apartment building. Jessa lost her belonging, as well as her livelihood in Seattle. She painted furniture in her apartment and sold them. She has lost everything! She decides to go to family to Last Frontier Lodge where her brother Gage has reopened the ski lodge that was owned by her grandparents. Sh
Heather
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book in the Last Frontier Lodge series. This time, it’s Jessa, the youngest of the Hamilton clan. She has just suffered a major blow in her personal and professional life with an apartment fire that burned everything she owned. Now, in hopes to find her footing again, she’s traveling to Alaska, to visit two of her brothers, with what little was salvageable loading into her truck.

Eli Brooks is a sportsman in Diamond Creek, a transplant from Juneau, and a life he’d rather for
April
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
A solid 4.5 stars

This is another book in the Last Frontier Lodge series. While the characters were great, just felt a little lacking for me, that's why the 4.5 stars. I may have been looking for a bit more drama in the storyline. Something with Jessa and her nightmares. Maybe something with Eli and his family.

Jessa is a Hamilton. Most of her brothers have already moved to Diamond Creek and with nothing left after a fire, she makes her way there. Eli has been around Diamond Creek for years after
Sherri
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Jessa runs to Diamond Creek, Alaska after her whole life goes up in flames. She bumps in to Eli when she first gets there and they can’t stay away from each other. Gage gave her a room in the Lodge where she is helping in the dining room. Eli has come from a destructive home and isn’t sure he can be in a relationship, he’s afraid of turning into his violent father. Ryan, his 14 year old brother shows up because he is afraid of their father so
Heather Miller
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I did receive this book as a free ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.

I do love the Wilderness series as it tells a back story and a love story as well.

The main characters of the story, Jessa finds herself homeless after her apartment in Seattle goes up in flames. Now up in Alaska living in the Wilderness Lodge with her family, she is trying to get back to a normal life.

Jessa backs her truck in Eli's truck where they first meet. Eli has had a bad childhood growing up, never really dated o
Beth
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Staying...

Another great story in the Last Frontier Lodge series! Jessa is trying to piece her life together and Eli is trying to keep his brother's life from falling to pieces and all while both of them start falling for each other. While it wasn't my favorite of the series, it's a great story to keep up with life at the lodge. I would have liked a bit more conflict between both Jessa and Eli and with Eli and his family. I thought the story smoothed over it a bit. Nonetheless, it's still a great
Colleen
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story, editing needs some work

This is the third book in the series I have read. I love the authors visuals of Diamond Creek, I love the storylines themselves but for some reason I noticed a lot of repetition in the story.
It seemed like the author needed to fill up space.
Other than that I loved it and was so glad that Eli overcame his preconceived notions of his behavior. I am looking forward to more from this Author and the last frontier lodge.
Patricia
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this is a very good story, if you have read any of the other books in the diamond creek series or last fronter you will love the book. i was given the book in exchange for an honest review, i have read all of the book and i am looking forward to the next one. there are some page with them having sex but you can skip over them if you want and you will still like the story. and the way she describes the Alaskan scenery are very good.
Kathy
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great romance in Diamond Creek, Alaska. This one centers on Jessa, the youngest of the Hamilton clan, and Eli, a local businessman. Love the setting and the Hamilton family with the lodge and all of their friends. Love Eli and getting to know him and some of his background with his dysfunctional family. Really nice romance!!

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review.
Patty
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I swear these books get sweeter and sweeter.
In this story Gage’s little sister Jessa is visiting after a fire took here home and all her belongings. She was lucky to make it out alive. Upon her first day in Diamond Creek she backs into a truck. The owner of said truck is the sexy and most handsome Eli.

Eli is the owner of Game to Fishing. He is successful and handsome and survivor of an abusive upbringing. So when his baby brother Ryan shows up he is determined to keep him safe. Being safe m
Teresa  Christianson
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series.
Jessa's luck couldn't get any worse or so she thought. Her apartment building burned down and most of her furniture she painted to sell was stored in the second bedroom of her apartment. She also burned her arm trying to escape the fire. She packs everything she owns into her pickup and decides to head to Diamond Creek to stay with family until she can figure out what to do. Once she arrives there she has a fender bender when she backs into Eli's truck. The only
Clarie Giselle Mercado
Could have been 3 or 4 stars but.....

Had potential but for several reasons I was left with disappointed. For starters every time the author mention the heroine’s channel all I kept thinking so is the hero the remote? There has to be another word other than channel to describe entering a woman. Secondly, I know the heroine was suppose to be quirky but you mean to tell me nowhere in her entire wardrobe did she own a dress or idk maybe jeans. The whole leggings was mention more times than I cared
Carolyne
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’ve finished this whole series and every book is amazing. I’ve fallen in love with Diamond Creek and Alaska with it, not to mention the characters whom I’ve grown quite attached to! All the books contain a lovely, heart-warming and VERY hot romance. Although each book is a standalone, I recommend reading them in the proper order as we get glimpses and clues of the next couple in the current book, and get to see the evolution of the preceding couples in each new book we’re reading.

This was Jessa
Heather
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessa’s apartment recently caught fire and she’s lost everything. She decides to pack what little she has left in her little blue truck and head up to Diamond Creek, Alaska, where her family owns a lodge. Right after she gets into town she hits Eli’s car. There is an instant attraction.
Jessa’s floundering on what to do with her life now but is offered an interesting opportunity. If she decides to stay in Diamond Creek, can she get her HEA with Eli too?
J.H. Croix's Frontier Lodge series is about
Jane
In Stay with Me Jessa Hamilton and Eli Brooks move from a minor fender bender to dating to a relationship in this sweet romance set in Alaska.

The support of family and the strong bonds between siblings is a big part of the story. The setting descriptions are excellent; I know because I have visited Alaska several times and I am familiar with the area where the story is set. The character development and the emotional level of the commitment is tops making this sweet romance not only hot but fun
Tammy  Kazmierczak
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Story in Last Frontier Lodge Series

I just want to sigh loudly after reading this sweet story. It was emotionally charged and made my stomach flip a few times. Jessa wasn’t expecting Eli and he wasn’t expecting her but they managed to find each other and fall in love. It wasn’t easy especially when Eli’s past came rearing up to cause complications. So their HEA was that much sweeter. Love this series and all the characters.
Lisa Hill
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet and sexy

A sweet and sexy romance between Jessa, looking to start a new life after a devastating fire, and Eli, a confirmed bachelor not looking for a relationship.

It’s cute, funny and the characters are well developed and interesting. The author paints a rosy picture of life in Alaska and the thriving town of Diamond Falls.

Part of a series, this can be read as a stand-alone. A very enjoyable book.
Susan
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
J.H. CROIX!!!

STAY WITH ME is book five in the Last Frontier series. I loved hearing Jesse and Eli's story. I really felt Jesse's pain in having to start over. Her insecurities over what she should do with her life with such successful siblings. Eli stepping up without hesitation for his brother. His fear of relationships without a good time model. I especially loved the way the community, friends and family help each other!
Barbara Butler
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series of books. Discovered them quite by accident. As you read each of these books you are taken to the small town of Diamond Creek, Alaska. The descriptions of the setting allow you to see beautiful glaciers, as well as the bay. Jessa and Eli form a relationship just as Eli's younger brother comes into his life & he is dealing with his own issues around his parents marriage. They each explore the issues of their past while finding their way to love.
Dorothy Beer
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Stay with me

An interesting story. Because of his father, Eli had never wanted to have a,serious relationship. His,life was,changed when he met Jenna and
his younger brother Ryan showed up. Eli and Jenna were immediately drawn to each other. A little too much detail for my liking, but still a good story. I gave,it 4 stars.
Cecly Ann
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is another novel I've read that leave me wondering what the author was thinking. While I enjoyed the plot, the author seems to have fallen flat in the narrative and left large holes for the reader to fall through. Nevertheless, I'll be reading this entire series to see if this novel was a one off or if the author can keep the plot fluent.
Cynthia
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Hit

This another wonder book inn the seri. Jesse list her apartment, part of her inventory, and everything else when her apartment burnt down. Now is is with her two brothers and their families at the lodge. But first she backs into Eli's truck and they meet again at the grocery store. It's a hit.
Sharon
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Okay ......

Read at the Beach not one of my favorites. Little slow not much of a story it rambles on and on and on.......enough said. Jenna and Eli are like rabbits going at it wherever and whenever they can. Now I enjoy steamy stuff and this is well written but enough is enough. Read it for yourself as your opinion could differ from mine. 2 Stars from me!
Valorie
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awwww that was sweet.... Jessa and Eli’s pairing was perfect. The only person who can come between another, is oneself. That’s what Eli kept doing...he’s his own worse enemy. That and the alleged demons in his mind. But don’t you just love a perfect HEA.........
Rose Boniello
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
There’s something about Alaska and this family!

Eli and Jessa just sparked from the get go. Except for a moment of stupid by Eli, I enjoyed their story. Love seeing the family be such a big part of the book! Some typos. And I beg the author — please change the “channel”!!
Rebecca
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3 star

Story okay but it was pretty sexual. The weirdest part was the language used in the sex scenes which just seemed to contradict itself. An odd combination of cruder slang with older romance genre type euohemisms. It was.. strange.
Leigh Sonnekus
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not only is Jessa and Eli’s love story beautiful and steamy enough to enthrall the reader, but there is also the added element of Eli overcoming his fears and learning to love in spite of them.
I absolutely love this series and highly recommend it
Lili
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Steamy....

All her books are steamy, this was as well. Chemistry, family, trouble, indecision all make the Diamond Creek town and the people who live here charming.
  • Tomorrow Will Be Too Late
  • Hungry For More
  • The Rented Husband
  • Faking Mr. Right
  • Duke by Day, Rogue by Night (Nelson's Tea #1)
  • Billionaire's Package
  • The Holiday: A London Romantic Adventure (Destination Love Stories, #3)
  • Rules of Payne (Cake Love, #1)
  • Stuck On You
  • Up Close and Personal
  • A Most Unusual Governess
  • The Rose of Blacksword
  • Die Stunde der Lilie (Lilien-Reihe, #1)
  • Lover Be Mine (Legendary Lovers, #2)
  • Sea of Dreams
  • Ein Käfig aus Rache und Blut (Ein Käfig aus Rache und Blut, #1)
  • Summer Is for Lovers (Second Sons, #2)
  • Mountain Man's Nanny (Mountain Man series, #2)
USA Today Bestselling Author J. H. Croix lives in a small town in the historical farmlands of Maine with her husband and two spoiled dogs. Croix writes steamy contemporary romance with strong independent women and rugged alpha men who aren't afraid to show some emotion. Her love for quirky small-towns and the characters that inhabit them shines through in her writing. Take a walk on the wild side ...more

Last Frontier Lodge (9 books)
  • Take Me Home (Last Frontier Lodge, #1)
  • Love at Last (Last Frontier Lodge, #2)
  • Just This Once (Last Frontier Lodge, #3)
  • Falling Fast (Last Frontier Lodge, #4)
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • Hold Me Close (Last Frontier Lodge, #7)
  • Crazy For You (Last Frontier Lodge, #8)
  • Last Frontier Lodge (Books 1 -3)