Start by marking “The Mirror’s Truth (Manifest Delusions, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Mirror’s Truth (Manifest Delusions, #2)

The Mirror’s Truth

(Manifest Delusions #2)

This is the Advance Reader Copy edition. The final published edition can be found here

Bedeckt defined himself by the list of crimes he was unwilling to commit. It was such a short list. How could straying from it have gone so wrong?

Bedeckt must undo the damage caused by wandering from his precious list. The Geborene god seeks to remake the world with his obsessive need for
ebook, ARC edition, 500 pages
Published December 15th 2016 (first published December 1st 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Mirror’s Truth, please sign up.
Armanis Ar-Feinial I received confirmation that this story continues, but it's forth coming.…moreI received confirmation that this story continues, but it's forth coming.(less)

Start your review of The Mirror’s Truth (Manifest Delusions, #2)
Petrik
This is why I love grimdark fantasy. The Mirror’s Truth is grimdark fantasy at its best and it deserves only the highest of praise from me.

This is one of those books that will be engraved in my hall of remembrance. If you’re afraid of trying grimdark fantasies, remember, a road less traveled can make all the difference. Who knows? Maybe this could be one of your best reads, too.

Somewhere in the middle of my read through Beyond Redemption, I knew I had to drop any planned reading in my schedule a
Luna. ✨
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5/5

"Self-loathing is the natural state for humanity. We know there is something wrong with us. We are at war with ourselves, and it’s a war we are doomed to lose."

Buddy read with my fellow delusionalist Jody

This book needs to be accompanied by some crazy epic death metal & head banging. I used to be a metal head, but in my old age I find it pretty hectic, however if you read this novel whilst listening to death metal (the real growly shit), I guarantee your experience will be enhance
Bookwraiths
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths.

It is damn difficult to top perfection. And in my opinion, Beyond Redemptionwas just about as near perfect a grimdark as anyone can write, one of the most demented, darkest, and diabolical grims ever penned. But, somehow, Michael Fletcher did just that with The Mirror’s Truth. The mad man in the glasses and black cowl delivering a stunning sequel, one that sets a new standard for what a grimdark has to deliver in order to be considered great.

description

It all starts where
Petros Triantafyllou
If you called The Mirror's Truth a masterpiece, you wouldn't do it justice.

Bedeckt made a terrible mistake. By abducting Morgen, he destroyed Konig's life work. What was pure and determined and worthy is now cunning and corrupt and full of self-doubt. The mad boy-god is now ascended and loose, and he wants to enslave humanity with his delusional dream of a perfect world. Bedeckt is the only one who can stop him, and in order to do so, he has to betray his only friends. But can you really escape
Mogsy (MMOGC)
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2016/12/05/...

The Mirror’s Truth is a sequel that builds upon everything that made the first book so great and all-consuming, featuring storylines and characters that are grittier, twistier, and even more insane. In other words, it’s even more fucked up than Beyond Redemption…and I loved it.

Orient
“There are no monsters that did not spring from the minds of men.”

A dirty BR with my fave Geisteskranken Mirrorist and an awesome Queenof the Cheese Stew, Mili 💜

Oh my god, what a book we’ve read! It was as dirty, twisted, insane as the first book, even more. After liking book one I just fell in love with book two, it is funny, creepy, emotional and full of delusions more than ever! Absolutely amazing 5 million 🌟 worth read!

WORLD AND PACE

Ohhhh, Mr. Fletcher doesn’t fear to get dirty and onc
Anthony Ryan
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Michael R. Fletcher’s The Mirror’s Truth is a dark delight. Our trio of appalling but still somehow compelling protagonists - possibly sane aged warrior Bedeckt, kleptomaniac murder addict Stehlen and manically self-interested ‘greatest swordsman in the world’ Wichtig – return from the Afterdeath to find a world brought to the brink of all-out war by the mad boy-god Morgan. The pitch black humour, magically enhanced insanity and brutality that distinguished Beyond Redemption as a remarkable fant ...more
Jody
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review now up!

This was a BR with the lovely lady Sarah a.k.a. Luna.

‘Sanity and sense were delusions, and dangerous delusions at that.’

The Mirror’s Truth was a great sequel that, for me, was even better than the first book. I enjoyed Manifest Delusions because it was different than anything I had read before, and it really took a different turn into the grim dark fantasy genre. This second installment, while holding onto those same traits, put a different spin on the tale. These
Jonathan
Dec 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, horror
I was wondering how Fletcher would up the "grim dark" ante from the amazing first novel 'Beyond Redemption' but boy did he deliver.

This novel much like the first, starts a bit slow but once the pieces are set up it's pretty well pedal to the metal until the very end.

The dialogue and world works perfectly and is incredibly original, the twists and turns make you second read the lines but somehow make plausible sense at the same time.

Beyond that I really appreciated the level of philosophic tho
Scott  Hitchcock
I think the greatest compliment you can pay an author is they drew emotion out of you. I think of all the emotions empathy being the greatest and thus hardest to deliver. Beyond Redemption was so epic in it's originality and mind games it was going to be hard to recapture that. The author did the right thing and didn't write a carbon copy. This version stands on it's own and did something the first didn't, it drew empathy out of me for these so flawed characters.

The last 20% of this book was ca
Gavin
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was a fantastic sequel to the excellent Beyond Redemption. Fletcher's Manifest Delusions series is like nothing else in the fantasy genre. It is best described as original, inventive, grimdark fantasy. Fletcher does grimdark to perfection. The characters are are all insane villains and the happenings are monstrously dark but the genius in Fletcher's writing is that it never gets too bleak or depressing. Quite the opposite in fact as reading this was a ton of fun! The story has a very cynica ...more
Michael Britt
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"That first kill taught him how easy it was. It taught him violence wasn’t the final refuge of the stupid, but rather the final refuge of a man unwilling to lose.”

photo 200_zpstqauh4uo.gif

Actual rating: 10 shite stars/5

Full disclosure, this is my second book to read in this universe and I still don't know how to pronounce most of the characters names/cities. Now, on to the review.

I thought the first book, Beyond Redemption, was really good, but this one blew it out of the water. It was such an improvement of so
Matthew
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
They're baaacck.....

And this time... it's personal!

Yes, that enthralling trio of characters who blew me away in Beyond Redemption have returned, and this time around they've brought with them an even bigger sack of mayhem, insanity, and destruction.

I must admit I was a little hesitant going into this book. Follow-ups tend to either be flat, or downright disappointing. I also had some reservations about the fact that it was going to be self published, with images of bad covers and poor layout
Kristen
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 stars

The Skinny: Our favorite fucked up trio is back, this time in the form of a chase…or chases. Bedeckt, is on a quest to undo some of the damage he is done. Stehlen and Wichtig are bent on revenge. When the three star players are morally ambiguous and insane (or not?) though, things don’t always play out as first intended.

My Thoughts: One of my favorite series, I’m talking like top five, is The First Law trilogy (by Abercrombie). There are definite echoes of that series in this one: bot
Adam
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“War isn’t insanity, it’s the base state for all reality. Plants war for sunlight. Animals war for food and water. Wolves battle to decide who leads the pack. All life is struggle. Peace, now that is insanity.”

The hardboiled crime author Jim Thompson was known for writing novels in which his characters begin the story in dire circumstances, and the situation only worsens with each passing chapter. An overwhelming sense of dread envelops the characters to the point where it seems like death i
Twerking To Beethoven
Well, what can i say about this book? What can I say about its author?

I'm beyond stunned. This is sheer brilliance, utter awesomeness, total lust, absolute grimdark rapture.

And the characters... let's see... Stelhen's not what she wants everybody to think she is; Wichtig's not what he wants everybody to think he is either, and (view spoiler)
Marc *Dark Reader of the Woods*
Absolutely phenomenal follow up to Beyond Redemption. Fletcher's Manifest Delusions world is as brutal and bloody as ever, literally full of madness that drags everyone to an inevitably devastating conclusion.

Horse entrails. Be ready for lots and lots of horse entrails. Maybe some other species' too, you'll have to read it for yourself to find out.

This book picks up our beloved trio a short time after the ending they experienced in the prior book, which I will not spoil here: Wichtig, the hand
Chris
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-owned-ebook
I probably need some time to process.

"There are no myths or monsters, just things people haven't hallucinated recently."

Well, that was fun. It's actually a bit disturbing that I get these books so well. Does that mean I'm sane, or quite the opposite? Perhaps my own delusions help me understand how this world works. Perhaps the mirror knows, but will it tell me truth?

As a concept, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it, and it's so perfectly executed. I'm being a bit vague, I kno
Seán
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Manifest Delusions has easily become one of my top-5 series, and The Mirror's Truth is a sequel that in my opinion improves on every element that I loved about the first book. The writing is tighter, we get even more detail about Fletcher's fascinating world, and the characters develop in ways that prompt far more emotion than I thought possible from the series. The main criticism you could make about the first book is that the over-arching plot isn't all that complex or important - this is even ...more
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
See this review and more like it on www.bookbastion.net!
______

Thus far my summer has been a whirlwind of fast-paced action, both in my real life and in the reads I’ve carefully chosen to engage in so far since returning from my hiatus earlier this year. It’s been a busy/hectic summer so far, but not so much that I couldn’t spare some time to return to the world of Manifest Delusions that Michael R Fletcher first introduced in Beyond Redemption which I read (and loved!) earlier this year.

Because
Anna Spark
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark, vile, funny, painfully human... The best fantasy novel I've read this year. ...more
James Schmidt
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My review today is for The Mirror’s Truth by Michael R. Fletcher

A copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review. My opinions are my own.

So where do I began with this mad tale of epic grimdark proportion? Let me go back a little. Last year a author approached me with his book, happens a lot, and I usually politely decline because of my rather “HUGE” TBR stacks. This book intrigued me so I said yes and he had his publisher send me a copy. I received the book but did not rea
Travis Peck
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was pulled into this world that Michael R. Fletcher had made by his first book, Beyond Redemption--a world where delusions were made real--and it has lingered around in the back of my mind ever since. The first book seemed such an original concept, and was so well done, that surely the second book would be just as good, if not better. Right. Right?
Wrong.
No, wait. It was--just checking to see that you were paying attention, but since you've no doubt seen my 5-star rating, you may have guessed t
Emily
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is definitely the weirdest, craziest shit I think I've ever read, and I loved it. It's super dark, violent, gross, and filled with horrible people, but it's a strangely addicting read. I could not put it down.

For most of the book I had myself convinced that (view spoiler)
Freakout
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!!! One of this year top three reads, along with new installment from Django Wexler and Jeff Salyards.
Well done Mr. Fletcher!
Mili
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insane read with my crazy Cat Turd who for some reason cant stop washing her hands!

The sequel in Manifest Delusions is even better than Beyond Redemption! Im so glad Orient and I could team up again to read this together and hold eachothers hands!
The plot continues where it left off in Beyond Redemption. So yet again we get to follow the trio. The land is still mad and Morgen wants to rule it all! So ofcourse Bedeckt, Wichtig and Stehlen get dragged into the plot, probably against their wishes b
Tracey the Lizard Queen
Originally reviewed at: http://thequeenofblades.blogspot.co.u...

*I received an e-copy from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Back in 2015 Michael R. Fletcher burst onto the grimdark scene with his outstanding work, Beyond Redemption. Naturally I was drawn to it. It was gross, violent, and too often unputdownable (I'm reliably informed, by me, that is a word). And then the publisher dropped him after book 1, despite having fantastic reviews the sales just weren't where they wer
Andy
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Joseph Vanucchi
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ultimate

This author is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. Tremendous world and characters. The style of somewhat lackadaisical violence is very appealing to me. Also offhand brutality for those needing dark thoughts unleashed! Anyway my reviews tend to completely come apart, as you can see. Don't wanna influence anyone if this review was a personal delusion, but just read it and I KNOW you'll love it!lol
Anton
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good story. Still very inventive and incredibly well written. But not as breathtaking or immersive as Book 1.

Little vignettes before each chapter are my absolute favourite
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Kings of Heaven (Ash and Sand, #3)
  • Kings of Paradise (Ash and Sand, #1)
  • Kings of Ash (Ash and Sand, #2)
  • Ravencry (Raven's Mark #2)
  • Priest of Gallows (War for the Rose Throne, #3)
  • Priest of Crowns (War for the Rose Throne, #4)
  • The Darkness That Comes Before (The Prince of Nothing, #1)
  • Priest of Lies (War for the Rose Throne, #2)
  • Crowfall (Raven's Mark, #3)
  • The Justice of Kings (Empire of the Wolf, #1)
  • The Wisdom of Crowds (The Age of Madness, #3)
  • Idols Fall (Iconoclasts, #3)
  • Priest of Bones (War for the Rose Throne, #1)
  • The Thousandfold Thought (The Prince of Nothing, #3)
  • Along the Razor's Edge (The War Eternal, #1)
  • Blackwing (Raven's Mark, #1)
  • The Warrior Prophet (The Prince of Nothing, #2)
  • The Fall (The Bound and the Broken, #0.5)
See top shelves…
Michael R. Fletcher is a science fiction and fantasy author, a grilled cheese aficionado, and a whiskey-swilling reprobate. He spends his days choreographing his forklift musical (titled "Get Forked"), and using caffeine as a substitute for sanity. Any suggestions that he is actually Dyrk Ashton in disguise are all lies.

Blog (kinda): http://michaelrfletcher.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/M

Manifest Delusions (3 books)
  • Beyond Redemption (Manifest Delusions, #1)
  • Swarm and Steel

News & Interviews

It’s no secret that the digital 21st century has been rough on the average attention span. Even for dedicated readers, it can sometimes be...
“We are each living a story. What many of us are too afraid to admit is that we are the authors of our story. You are living the life you chose for yourself. You are living the result of each and every one of your choices. If you are letting others make decisions for you, you are allowing them to write your story. Do they have your best interests at heart? If you are unhappy, whose fault is that? Don’t like your life, go write yourself a better one.” 2 likes
“Can a need for sanity reach insane proportions?” 1 likes