Start by marking “Going for the Goal (The Perfect Play #3)” as Want to Read:
Going for the Goal (The Perfect Play #3)

Going for the Goal

(The Perfect Play #3)

Sara Rider returns with the third book in the Perfect Play series—a fast-paced, icy hot romance featuring a sports agent fighting an attraction to the NHL’s bad boy…and his ability to melt her heart.

Published February 13th 2017 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Going for the Goal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going for the Goal

Start your review of Going for the Goal (The Perfect Play #3)
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
When you meet someone and get that instant danger feeling from the instant attraction, you know sparks will fly. And the sparks flew throughout this book.

Nick and Jillian could be a match made in heaven, but 10 yrs have past since they last saw each other and things have changed. Nick has gotten hotter and is known to be trouble on the ice and in bed. Jillian has gotten a bit jaded about men in her profession and the last thing she needs is to be Nick's agent or next in line lover.

Sparks fly
Stacee
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The synopsis sounded like my sort of sorbet, so I was pretty excited to get the invite to read this.

I loved Jillian and Nick. They're both stubborn and loyal to a fault. They butted heads and pushed each other's buttons and it was all so much fun to read. Oh, and their chemistry was off the charts.

The conflict was intriguing and I loved the small twist at the end. Of course there was a lot of miscommunication and jumping to conclusions, but it wasn't quite as annoying as normal.

Overall, a
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

Nick and Jillian were an interesting couple.

Their chemistry was great, full of heat, and their story was compelling. Most importantly, I believed them, their attraction, their reluctance to pursue it, their belief that they were doing the right thing staying professional, it all worked for me.

There were parts that I thought were a little drawn out, but nothing that detracted enough for me to put it down or even get frustrated with the story. I do
Sandy S
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 13, 2017

In this perfect book for romance and sports fans, professional sports agent Jillian Nichols knows how to play the game to get what she wants. But admitting to what she needs has always been a challenge. Will she ever let her guard down long
Yvonne
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A feisty female sports agent who is trying to bring ethics back into her profession while coping with attacks from her despicable competition. She puts her money into things people see, clothes and fabulous shoes, rather than things they don't, her shabby rundown office. The hockey star hero just wants to fix her broken desk and help her anyway he can. What isn't to like?
Annie
A fresh spin on a hockey romance

I’ve been meaning to try this series for a while but never got around to it. Once the featured sport was hockey, I couldn’t put it off any longer. This can certainly be read as a standalone. Characters from the past two books appear as secondary characters, but each book features a new couple and I never felt lost or like I missed a big piece of the history. The writing was solid and the pacing brisk but thorough. I was engaged throughout the book, and found the
Nixie Gray
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can we talk about how much I love this book. Hockey, sexy men with a sweet side, and a go getter female it was my trifecta. How did I not know people wrote books about hockey and romance… together?

This book was sexy, sweet and funny. I was in full blown laughter several times. If an author can make me laugh and spin a story that has steam and interest, I’m hooked. Sara Rider has me caught that’s for certain.

Jillian Nichols is a sports agent intern when we meet her for the first time at a party
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Can I get you anything to drink?”
“Water with a side of brutal honesty?”
“Can’t say that’s on the menu. How about Earl Grey and a healthy side of avoidance?”

It's charming and amusing exchanges like that ^^, that make Going for the Goal so much fun to read. Sweet, light and flirty, I was pleasantly surprised by this book—my first by author Sara Rider.

Nick and Jillian are lovable from their first meeting, a banter-filled flirt-fest that set the scene for their second meeting years later. And
emma
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
That twist at the end with Alexa was the BEST PART OF THIS BOOK
Louise
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: b-bbb
As shown on Books and Boys Book Blog.

‘Going For The Goal’ by Sara Rider is the third book in ‘The Perfect Play’ series but is a standalone that you can pick up without having to have read the first two books. The first two books can still be read after this one as there is nothing in this that would spoil any enjoyment or story from them. For me Sara Rider has produced another well written and entertaining sports based romance, 5 stars.

Jillian Nichols is a sports agent who is struggling to be
Kathryn Linke
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Going For The Goal, is the third title in the Perfect Play Series, but can be read as a standalone. Told in a dual point of view, this story revolves around Jillian Nichols and Nick Salinger.

This pair of characters are complex, and have much in common they are both extremely stubborn, hard headed and neither likes to give in. Nick is an NHL enforcer, and Jillian is a sports agent, they are both incredibly hard working, driven and love their roles within sport, even with the challenges they
Kristen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, romance, e-arc, sports, 2017, hockey
In Sara Rider's Going for the Goal, the first installment in The Perfect Play hockey sports romance series, this novel scores on all levels and across the board on and off the ice. Jillian Nichols first met Nick Salinger, when she was a sports agent intern. Fast forward to a decade later, she now runs her own sports management agency and trying to make a name out for herself in the sports world. When Nick "the Punisher" Salinger needs a new agent, he remembers Jillian and asks her to sign him ...more
Lexy
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in a series of standalones in The Perfect Play series. You don't need to read the others to love this book, but I bet you'll want to read the others are this! If you like hockey romances like I do, you'll love this series. The chemistry between Jillian and Nich has to be one of my favorites. Their story is unqiue and had me loving it from page one. You aren't sure at first if you want to like Nick because of his attitude, but the more I read the book the more I loved him. Jillian ...more
Taz
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jillian Nichols is a sports agent who takes on the clients that most don't feel are worthy, yet she does. Being in a male dominated field is difficult enough, now Nick Salinger aka the Punisher of NYC hockey wants her to rep him. Nick is amazing nice guy who deserves more then his team is willing to give, problem is no one sees that side of him. Jillian has a huge crush on Nick, since a chance meeting almost ten years ago. Can Nick and Jillian work through their own issues to find love?

Kini
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I liked some aspects of this book a lot, smart, independent sports agent Gillian gets shit done. Gets a second chance at love with Nick, a hockey player she first met 9 years ago. Nick was good hero, he wanted to be kind and loving and a partner. One of the things that really distracted me was a blackmail-ish plot by a side character. That is one of my least favorite types of conflict ever and it almost made me DNF the book. I stuck through and I did like how everything turned out.
Kate H
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed all of Sara Rider's books and while this was not my favorite by her I still quite enjoyed it. I like how past characters are present in her books without taking over the story. Her writing style is one I like but it's her characters that really shine for me.

I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
Tressa
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked Jillian and how dedicated she was in Going For the Goal. I also liked her relationship with Nick. I also enjoyed Nick’s fraternité with Ben and his friendships with Mike and Luke. I am curious if there will be any books regarding some of the minor characters. ...more
Tori
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
3.5 stars.

I liked this a lot, but it took a sharp nosedive at the end. The hockey accuracy is not good, if that's the kind of thing that bothers you.
Kim
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New to me author. This story is a contemporary MF romance. A very strong female lead. Set around the ice hockey world. I'll read more from this author.
Ruth
Hockey enforcer with a bad rep and a heart of gold meets sports agent with control issues. Fairly predictable, but nice.
Chris
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A little long. Otherwise, pleasant.
Patti
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good one. Predictable, but Rider's writing and characters were good, better than most.

I liked the story, typical, but with a bit of a twist.
Becky Burciaga
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a pleasant surprise this story was...with heart and intelligence, the story captured my attention from the very beginning. The stage was nicely set to bring you into the characters' lives. There was the perfect combination of intensity and humor that made for an enjoyable read.

Along with the drama that unfolded, there were some very lighthearted moments that were pitch perfect in their situational timing:

Nick: “You’re laughing,” he said, pulling his mouth into a tight frown.

Jillian: “I
Truusje
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Going for the Goal is Sarah Rider’s third book and it’s loosely connected to the first two. However, instead of football (soccer), this book focuses on (ice) hockey. I enjoyed reading about a sport I know nothing about (hockey in Holland always refers to the field version) and my lack of knowledge was never a problem.
I liked the characters and I understood why they were attracted to each other, but I didn’t quite see how that attraction changed into love so quickly. For me there was nothing
Happily Mary After
Going for the Goal is the third, stand-alone book in Sara Rider’s The Perfect Play series. If you haven’t read the previous two books, you don’t need to in order to enjoy Going for the Goal , but they are great books too and should be in your to-be-read pile. If you like a hockey romance, you will love this entire series.

Jillian Nichols has always wanted to be a sports agent, and she’s determined to become a great one. It’s been her sole focus for years, and she’s driven to succeed, which
Wit & Wonder Books
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Jillian Nichols is a sports
Zetti
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Going For The Goal by Sara Rider

A female sports agent and a male hockey player, well that is going to ruffle some feathers for sure! I really enjoyed the sparks and combustive energy that was raving between these two people. There just seemed to be this almost undeniable sexy tension which kept me glued to this book and invested in their story.

I won’t go into the plot because that spoils the journey this book takes you on but I promise you this, it is worth it.

Jill is a feisty character who is
2kasmom
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hockey, agent
This is book # 3 in the Perfect Play series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For your enjoyment, and to better understand the series I recommend reading in order.

Jillian & Nick have quite the past. Now, as he begs her to be his agent, she does not think it is wise to mix business with pleasure. Her reputation and future are at risk.

Nick has waited almost a decade to be with his dream woman. Now, her needs her for more than just the physical. He needs her to save his career.

This
Downward dog
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance

I was given an advanced copy of this book to write an honest review for Netgalley and Cocktails and Books.

This is a fast paced, engaging, feel good sports romance about a bad boy hockey player. It is the first book I have read by Sara Rider and now I want to go back and read the other two books in this entertaining series. GOING FOR THE GOAL is the third book in the Perfect Play series and is a standalone.

Jillian Nichols became a sports agent because she loves
Elizabeth H.
GOING FOR THE GOAL is a hearty story that will stick to your ribs…and warm your heart!

Nick is your typical ego-driven, overblown athlete that fights on and off the ice and thinks the sun rises and sets for his own purpose…on the outside. On the inside, he’s a loyal brother and friend protecting the ones he calls his own against any threats, whether it’s with words or fists. This has given Nick the reputation of a short-tempered brawler/bad boy, which is quickly becoming frowned upon. Nick is

• Take Me Again (The Knight Brothers, #1)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Pretend It's Love (Behind the Bar, #2)
  • Play to Win (Wynn Hockey, #1)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • Tequila, Tequila
  • The Charmer (Harbor City, #2)
  • The Roommate Agreement
  • Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4)
  • Teach Me (There's Something About Marysburg, #1)
  • Hot Stuff (Hot Zone #1)
  • I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford, #2)
  • Poison Kisses Part 1 (Poison Kisses, #1)
  • Poison Kisses: Part 2 (Poison Kisses, #2)
  • Poison Kisses: Part 3 (Poison Kisses, #3)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • The Wedding Date (Save the Date, #0.5)
  • Wounded
Sara Rider writes contemporary romances full of heart and heat about strong heroines and the men who can’t resist them. Growing up, Sara dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player. When that dream was squashed by her extreme dislike of running, she decided to do the next best thing: write about professional soccer players. By day, Sara spends her time working in the field of research ethics ...more

The Perfect Play (3 books)
  • For the Win (The Perfect Play, #1)
  • Keeping Score (The Perfect Play, #2)