Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Going for the Goal (The Perfect Play #3)” as Want to Read:
Going for the Goal (The Perfect Play #3)
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Going for the Goal

(The Perfect Play #3)

by
3.94  ·  Rating details ·  188 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Sara Rider returns with the third book in the Perfect Play series—a fast-paced, icy hot romance featuring a sports agent fighting an attraction to the NHL’s bad boy…and his ability to melt her heart.

In this perfect book for romance and sports fans, professional sports agent Jillian Nichols knows how to play the game to get what she wants. But admitting to what she needs ha
...more
ebook, 336 pages
Published February 13th 2017 by Pocket Star
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Going for the Goal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Going for the Goal

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
When you meet someone and get that instant danger feeling from the instant attraction, you know sparks will fly. And the sparks flew throughout this book.

Nick and Jillian could be a match made in heaven, but 10 yrs have past since they last saw each other and things have changed. Nick has gotten hotter and is known to be trouble on the ice and in bed. Jillian has gotten a bit jaded about men in her profession and the last thing she needs is to be Nick's agent or next in line lover.

Sparks fly ea
...more
Stacee
Jan 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
The synopsis sounded like my sort of sorbet, so I was pretty excited to get the invite to read this.

I loved Jillian and Nick. They're both stubborn and loyal to a fault. They butted heads and pushed each other's buttons and it was all so much fun to read. Oh, and their chemistry was off the charts.

The conflict was intriguing and I loved the small twist at the end. Of course there was a lot of miscommunication and jumping to conclusions, but it wasn't quite as annoying as normal.

Overall, a qui
...more
Meli
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Und sie hat sich ihren Klienten doch nackt vorgestellt!

Vor fast zehn Jahren haben Nick und Jillian sich auf einer Party kennengelernt und seitdem konnten sie einander nicht vergessen. Jillian Nichols ist inzwischen Sportagentin geworden und baut mit harter Arbeit ihre Marke auf. Und Nick "The Punisher" Sallinger ist noch immer ein erfolgreicher Eishockeyspieler, doch im Moment braucht er jemanden, der ihm zu einem besseren Image verhilft und wendet sich dabei an dieses Mädchen von jener Party. F
...more
Steffi
Ich bin ein großer Fan von Sportromanzen und Eishockey steht da als Sportart ganz weit oben, daher hat mich "Going for the Goal" sehr neugierig gemacht.

Zunächst war ich von der Geschichte von Jillian und Nick sehr angetan. Ich fand es interessant wie sich die beiden kennengelernt und nach Jahren wieder gesehen haben. Leider hat mich die Geschichte der beiden dann doch ein wenig verloren. Ich fand insbesondere das erste Drittel sehr zäh und zum Teil wirklich langweilig. Es hat gefühlt ewig gedaue
...more
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Feb 04, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc-tbr
description
Mimi
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vom Portal NetGalley und dem Verlag Forever by Ullstein bekam ich ein elektronisches Rezensionsexemplar von „Going for the goal“ von Sara Rider.
Das Buch hat in der gedruckten Variante 320 Seiten und erschien am 11. Mai 2018 bei dem oben genannten Verlag. Es handelt sich hierbei um ein New Adult Buch, in dem es zu sehr prickelnden Momenten kommt.


Zur Leipziger Buchmesse 2018 wurde mir das Buch schon vorgestellt.



Bei der exklusiven Preview wurde uns gezeigt, wie das deutsche Cover entstand, was ich
...more
Daniela
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read_2018
Sara Rider - Going for the Goal
eBook - 370 Seiten

Vorab möchte ich sagen, dass ich mich eigentlich von gelegentlichen Schreibfehlern in Büchern nicht stören lasse, das passiert den besten Autoren und Lektoren mal.
Doch ab einer gewissen Menge an Fehlern empfinde ich das irgendwann als störend.
Und hier war das so - anfangs habe ich noch nicht so sehr drauf geachtet, aber über je mehr Fehler ich gestolpert bin, desto bewusster habe ich sie dann irgendwann wahr genommen.
Das hat zum Ende hin meinem Le
...more
Laura
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

Nick and Jillian were an interesting couple.

Their chemistry was great, full of heat, and their story was compelling. Most importantly, I believed them, their attraction, their reluctance to pursue it, their belief that they were doing the right thing staying professional, it all worked for me.

There were parts that I thought were a little drawn out, but nothing that detracted enough for me to put it down or even get frustrated with the story. I do
...more
Sandy S
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 13, 2017

Sara Rider returns with the third book in the Perfect Play series—a fast-paced, icy hot romance featuring a sports agent fighting an attraction to the NHL’s bad boy…and his ability to melt her heart.

In this perfect book for romance and sports fans, professional sports agent Jillian Nichols knows how to play the game to get what she wants. But admitting to what she needs has always been a challenge. Will she ever let her guard down long en
...more
Valarauco
Cover
Die Mischung aus der knalligen Schriftfarbe und dem grauen Hintergrund sorgt auf jeden Fall dafür, dass dieses Cover ins Auge fällt. Es wirkt nicht so aufdringlich und irgendwie angenehmer als so manches andere Cover in diesem Genre. Es mag vielleicht nicht das innovativste sein, aber ich finde des durchaus gelungen und auch ansprechend.

Meine Meinung
Jillian will unbedingt Fuß fassen und eine erfolgreiche Sportagentin werden. Ich mochte die Begründung dahinter sehr gerne und finde auch, dass
...more
Yvonne
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A feisty female sports agent who is trying to bring ethics back into her profession while coping with attacks from her despicable competition. She puts her money into things people see, clothes and fabulous shoes, rather than things they don't, her shabby rundown office. The hockey star hero just wants to fix her broken desk and help her anyway he can. What isn't to like?
Annie
A fresh spin on a hockey romance

I’ve been meaning to try this series for a while but never got around to it. Once the featured sport was hockey, I couldn’t put it off any longer. This can certainly be read as a standalone. Characters from the past two books appear as secondary characters, but each book features a new couple and I never felt lost or like I missed a big piece of the history. The writing was solid and the pacing brisk but thorough. I was engaged throughout the book, and found the c
...more
Nixie Gray
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can we talk about how much I love this book. Hockey, sexy men with a sweet side, and a go getter female it was my trifecta. How did I not know people wrote books about hockey and romance… together?

This book was sexy, sweet and funny. I was in full blown laughter several times. If an author can make me laugh and spin a story that has steam and interest, I’m hooked. Sara Rider has me caught that’s for certain.

Jillian Nichols is a sports agent intern when we meet her for the first time at a party
...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
“Can I get you anything to drink?”
“Water with a side of brutal honesty?”
“Can’t say that’s on the menu. How about Earl Grey and a healthy side of avoidance?”


It's charming and amusing exchanges like that ^^, that make Going for the Goal so much fun to read. Sweet, light and flirty, I was pleasantly surprised by this book—my first by author Sara Rider.

Nick and Jillian are lovable from their first meeting, a banter-filled flirt-fest that set the scene for their second meeting years later. And th
...more
emma
That twist at the end with Alexa was the BEST PART OF THIS BOOK
Diane Lynch
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
4.5 of 5 Stars
Sarah M.
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ausgerechnet 10 Jahre nach ihrer ersten Begegnung steht Nick Salinger wieder vor Jillian und bittet sie um den einen Gefallen, der für sie Segen und Fluch zugleich bedeuten würde.
Denn Hockeystar Nick benötigt eine neue Agentin und will Jillian dafür!
Für ihre Karriere könnte er das große Sprungbrett bedeuten,
doch für ihr Herz, das sich verzweifelt nach diesem Mann sehnt,
bedeutet es eine Achterbahnfahrt voller wilder Gefühle und überschäumender Hormone ...

In „Going for the Goal“ erzählt Autorin Sa
...more
Louise
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: b-bbb
As shown on Books and Boys Book Blog.

‘Going For The Goal’ by Sara Rider is the third book in ‘The Perfect Play’ series but is a standalone that you can pick up without having to have read the first two books. The first two books can still be read after this one as there is nothing in this that would spoil any enjoyment or story from them. For me Sara Rider has produced another well written and entertaining sports based romance, 5 stars.

Jillian Nichols is a sports agent who is struggling to be ta
...more
Kerstin
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liebesgeschichten, in denen auch Sport eine Rolle spielt, lese ich normalerweise gerne, weshalb ich gespannt auf "Going for the Goal" war - vor allem, da ich die Dynamik zwischen Jillian und Nick vielversprechend fand. Das Buch hat mir in dieser Hinsicht genau das gegeben, was ich erwartet hatte; die Autorin hat das Knistern zwischen den Protagonisten toll dargestellt und zudem gezeigt, wie leicht sie sich auf emotionaler Ebene näher kommen und welcher Konflikt sich aufgrund ihrer beruflichen Ve ...more
Naddisblog
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cover:
Das Cover ist schlicht gestaltet. Zeigt den Sexy Oberkörper des Hauptprotagonisten. Zumindest nehme ich das jetzt mal an.

Meine Meinung:
Jillian ist eine Sportagentin, die versucht sich im Männer Business einen Namen zu machen. Was gar nicht so leicht ist. Da ihr immer wieder Steine in den Weg gelegt werden von ihrem alten Boss. Doch plötzlich passiert was Unerwartetes. Nick Salinger aka „The Punisher“ kommt in ihr Büro und bittet sie um Hilfe.

Charaktere:
Jillian ist die Starke und taffe Frau
...more
Kathryn Linke
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Going For The Goal, is the third title in the Perfect Play Series, but can be read as a standalone. Told in a dual point of view, this story revolves around Jillian Nichols and Nick Salinger.

This pair of characters are complex, and have much in common they are both extremely stubborn, hard headed and neither likes to give in. Nick is an NHL enforcer, and Jillian is a sports agent, they are both incredibly hard working, driven and love their roles within sport, even with the challenges they face
...more
Kristen
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, e-arc, own, sports, romance, hockey
In Sara Rider's Going for the Goal, the first installment in The Perfect Play hockey sports romance series, this novel scores on all levels and across the board on and off the ice. Jillian Nichols first met Nick Salinger, when she was a sports agent intern. Fast forward to a decade later, she now runs her own sports management agency and trying to make a name out for herself in the sports world. When Nick "the Punisher" Salinger needs a new agent, he remembers Jillian and asks her to sign him up ...more
Lexy
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in a series of standalones in The Perfect Play series. You don't need to read the others to love this book, but I bet you'll want to read the others are this! If you like hockey romances like I do, you'll love this series. The chemistry between Jillian and Nich has to be one of my favorites. Their story is unqiue and had me loving it from page one. You aren't sure at first if you want to like Nick because of his attitude, but the more I read the book the more I loved him. Jillian ...more
SteffiVS
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jillian und Nick begegnen sich das erste Mal auf eine Party. Neun Jahre später sitzt Nick bei Jillian im Büro und bittet sie seine Agentin zu werden. Beide haben die Karriere des jeweils anderen in diesen neun Jahre von der Ferne aus beobachtet. Und noch immer gibt es diese Anziehungskraft zwischen ihnen.

Jillian muss sich entscheiden, nimmt sie Nick als Klient oder lässt sie weiterhin die Hände von ihm?

Eine sehr schöne Liebesgeschichte, die zeigt das auch in einem harten Kerl ein weicher Kern st
...more
Kini
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
I liked some aspects of this book a lot, smart, independent sports agent Gillian gets shit done. Gets a second chance at love with Nick, a hockey player she first met 9 years ago. Nick was good hero, he wanted to be kind and loving and a partner. One of the things that really distracted me was a blackmail-ish plot by a side character. That is one of my least favorite types of conflict ever and it almost made me DNF the book. I stuck through and I did like how everything turned out.
Taz Lozada
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jillian Nichols is a sports agent who takes on the clients that most don't feel are worthy, yet she does. Being in a male dominated field is difficult enough, now Nick Salinger aka the Punisher of NYC hockey wants her to rep him. Nick is amazing nice guy who deserves more then his team is willing to give, problem is no one sees that side of him. Jillian has a huge crush on Nick, since a chance meeting almost ten years ago. Can Nick and Jillian work through their own issues to find love?

Kate
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read and enjoyed all of Sara Rider's books and while this was not my favorite by her I still quite enjoyed it. I like how past characters are present in her books without taking over the story. Her writing style is one I like but it's her characters that really shine for me.

I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
Tressa
Jun 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked Jillian and how dedicated she was in Going For the Goal.  I also liked her relationship with Nick.  I also enjoyed Nick’s fraternité with Ben and his friendships with Mike and Luke.  I am curious if there will be any books regarding some of the minor characters.
Ruth
Hockey enforcer with a bad rep and a heart of gold meets sports agent with control issues. Fairly predictable, but nice.
Tori
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
3.5 stars.

I liked this a lot, but it took a sharp nosedive at the end. The hockey accuracy is not good, if that's the kind of thing that bothers you.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
221 followers
Sara Rider writes contemporary romances full of heart and heat about strong heroines and the men who can’t resist them. Growing up, Sara dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player. When that dream was squashed by her extreme dislike of running, she decided to do the next best thing: write about professional soccer players. By day, Sara spends her time working in the field of research ethics ...more

Other books in the series

The Perfect Play (3 books)
  • For the Win (The Perfect Play, #1)
  • Keeping Score (The Perfect Play, #2)