Start by marking “Walt Disney's Story Land: 55 Favorite Stories” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney's Story Land: 55 Favorite Stories

Walt Disney's Story Land: 55 Favorite Stories

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
More than 50 beloved stories, many adapted from classic Walt Disney films, have been brought together in this new and revised 320-page volume, illustrated in color.
Hardcover
Published 1991 by Western Publishing Company (first published 1936)

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney's Story Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney's Story Land

Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disney-mutations
Possibly one of my favorite books of childhood. There are so many stories in here, all of them made into cartoons or full-length features. There are so many stories in here that I've forgotten about, or never read, or which have been rotated out of viewing because of sensitivity and political-correctness issues, but they are still part of the Disney history, so they cannot be erased.

I wish the Disney channel would get back to airing old shorts or showing these older cartoons, instead of the teen
Cathi
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wonderful collection was first published in 1962 (the year I was born) and was a favorite of mine as a child. I can't even guess how many hours I spent with this book! Back in 1992, I found a new edition of this book at a bookstore in Indiana and just HAD to get it for our kids. It's got excerpts of stories from some of the classic Disney movies, but it's also got all sorts of others, everything from Johnny Appleseed to "Peter and the Wolf." This is a goodie, and I hope our future grandchil ...more
ABC
Nov 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: older-kids
These are stories taken from Disney movies and cartoons. There are many I have never heard of! The quality varies depending on the stories. Some are written by talented writers like Bill Peet and Margaret Wise Brown. Some are sexist, in typical Disney fashion. Some come from an American point of view (for example, "Ben and Me" and "Davey Crockett.")

Meltha
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, shortstories
Another one of those favorite storybooks from when I was little. I remember the really strange one with the kid who met the dragon who gave everybody lemonade (though I think a later edition dropped that one), and the rabbit who painted sunsets (though that was a sad one), and the story of Goofy's rise to fame... yeah, this was good old-fashioned Disney.
Ashle Oaks
Overall this is a good collection of stories. I found some interesting and some incredibly boring. There are some stories in here filled with racism and sexism which isn't surprising since this is Disney, but aside from those stories, it's great for reading aloud with children.
Sasha
Jul 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is a bit of nostalgia from when my grandmother used to read me stories from am earlier edition.
Tiffany
Jul 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kiddies, classics, reread
Another favorite of mine as a kid. So many favorite Disney stories, like Bambi, Dumbo, Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc.
Jenelle
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
My most favourite childhood book!
Laura Herrera
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all these classic stories in the book. I also enjo watching some of them in short clips at home. :)
Summer
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I read this over and over and stared at the pictures for hours as a kid. I still have my very beat up copy.
Dina Saleh
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it's safe to rate it while i'm turning 24 years old. you are never too old for Disney.
Syrena
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was cute, I love Disney and I read a story or two to my very much younger sister before bed and she loved it!
Lisa Dice
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-hardback, 0-owned
I have had this book since I was a child. I spent many an hour immersed in its pages.
Ann L.
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Ann by: childhood book
Shelves: children
My version says 55 favorite stories adapted from Walt Disney Films, not 72. I grew up reading this book so it is a childhood favorite.
Kenneth Flores
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot of great stories!
Brittany
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful collection of stories for any Disney fan.
Leah Brown
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Chester
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • I Love You Always and Forever
  • Free to Be...You and Me (The Original Classic Edition)
  • I'd Know You Anywhere, My Love
  • The Big Book for Peace
  • Baby Animals
  • I Love School!
  • Just One More
  • Disney's Aladdin (Disney Classic Series)
  • 365 Read-Aloud Bedtime Bible Stories
  • Toot & Puddle: Top of the World
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias “Walt” Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...