Start by marking “The Caterpillar's Edge: Evolve, Evolve Again, and Thrive in Business” as Want to Read:
The Caterpillar's Edge: Evolve, Evolve Again, and Thrive in Business

The Caterpillar's Edge: Evolve, Evolve Again, and Thrive in Business

The secret code to growing a successful business is adjusting your strategy every single day.

Business leaders, large and small, need to learn a new game with very different rules. They must accept an ever-changing and uncertain landscape, but a landscape that can be constantly leveraged for greater profitability. They must believe that their companies are caterpillars with
Published February 28th 2017 by Rugged Land

To ask other readers questions about The Caterpillar's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Caterpillar's Edge

Start your review of The Caterpillar's Edge: Evolve, Evolve Again, and Thrive in Business
Christina
Nov 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
180 pages of talking about evolving without actually saying anything. I guess in its own right, that's pretty impressive. Reminds me of the organizational behavior classes back in college. Repeating the same thing in different terms over and over and over again, without any real benefit, as these are things that people already know. Offers no additional insight into how one might ensure that they are "constantly evolving." No framework, just fluff.
Evelyn
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
While the target audience of "The Caterpillar's Edge" may be CEOs and entrepreneurs, Sis Mohasseb's ideas about how to evolve and succeed in the new economy are truly revolutionary. His ideas are applicable to anyone thinking about their own success in today's world. His blueprint for achievement is applicable to personal goals as well as professional ones. Read Sid's book so you "don't leave change to chance."
Kathy Heare Watts
A business guide that encourages change as the world and business changes. Gaining the edge and embracing the future.

I won a copy of this book during a Goodreads giveaway. I am under no obligation to leave a review or rating and do so voluntarily. So that others may also enjoy this book, I am paying it forward by donating it to my local library.
webster stone
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a business was book, but it really applies to your day in, day out life too. Sharp, smart, and entertaining. LOVE the cover.
Chelsea Lawson
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Changing from static/sequential (collect data, analyze it, develop a strategy, execute) to dynamic/constantly evolving is much easier said than done. Above all else, it requires a culture change. But whatever it takes, it is worth it!

If you're not a CEO, it's difficult to imagine carrying out the principals laid out in this book for your organization. So instead I'm applying the dynamic strategy to my own life. For example, I like to track my habits in an app called Way of Life. I used to want
Shahram Aghaei
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Call To Arms Against Stagnation

Although this book speaks to the CEOs and the managers of the corporate world, the message is by no means limited to those individuals. In fact, Sid Mohasseb has managed to reach out to the entire socio-economic spectrum in a small but potent book. I am not a CEO nor do I hold a managerial position and yet I felt engaged and challenged the entire time I read it.

By its language and content, it is clear that this book was not written with the intention of
Shekhar Chitnis
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is an essential read if you want to lead. It is insightful, thoughtful and full of real life examples that help the reader understand not only the theory but also visualize how the theory will apply to real life situations. While perfectly timed for todays really volatile (or should I politely say dynamic) environment, it pulls examples from the past that reinforce the point that the wisdom of the ages is also being encapsulated in the narrative -- so while the need to evolve is even more ...more
Steve DuMont
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Caterpillar's Edge by Sid Mohasseb addresses many of the ineffective approaches to strategic planning by citing numerous planning shortcomings with specific companies. It will encourage managers to shift their focus from planning to rapid execution and accept that it is beneficial to allow for frequent and continuous changes of direction of an organization is going through a redirection process. It provides an excellent tutorial for CEO's in how to manage a change process.
Ali Dehdashty
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The Caterpillar’s Edge provides the blueprint for success to the point, relevant and accurate, whether for business achievements or setting personal goals. A fascinating and unique take on how to adapt and evolve with time and technology. Well-written & researched book, filled with great ideas and quotes. Really fun to read, it makes you think. Highly recommend!
Kevin Farnsworth
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-library
The Caterpillar's Edge by Sid Mohassab gives great insight to any business leader. The book stresses the importance of not leaving change to chance. Don't get set in your ways but be ready to evolve. Sid points out companies that learned to evolve and those that did not and what the results were.
Reza Pahlevan
Feb 27, 2017
Todd
Nov 23, 2019
Sid Mohasseb
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sean stewart
Jun 24, 2017
Peter Fox
Dec 08, 2016
K
Dec 02, 2017

• Our America: A Hispanic History of the United States
  • Roger Williams and the Creation of the American Soul: Church, State, and the Birth of Liberty
  • About the Night
  • Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals
  • De Amerikaanse prinses
  • Dette livet eller det neste
  • The Art of Not Giving a Fuck
  • Heads Will Roll
  • You Deserve the Truth: Change the Stories that Shaped Your World and Build a World-Changing Life
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues (Mystic Bayou, #2.5)
Sid Mohasseb is a serial entrepreneur, investor, university professor and business thought leader.

At 21, Sid started and later sold his first company. At 25, he taught comparative Eastern and Western philosophy. At 27, he became the youngest partner in the history of The SGS Consulting Group. ”Working with great leaders as a consultant, I learned that you win people, markets and customers with