Start by marking “Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)” as Want to Read:
Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)

Devil's Cut

(The Bourbon Kings #3)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  5,644 Ratings  ·  692 Reviews
SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR, J.R. WARD! In #1 New York Times bestselling author J. R. Ward's thrilling finale of the Bourbon Kings series, the Bradford family dynasty teeters on the edge of collapse after the murder of their patriarch--and a shocking arrest.

At first, the death of William Baldwine, the head of the Bradford family, was ruled a suicide. But then his eldest son and
Published August 1st 2017 by Ballantine

To ask other readers questions about Devil's Cut, please sign up.
Linda June 2017 according to The Heathers' Blog. Announcements back in 2015 - NBC bought the rights to the series. FOX is trying to put together a show too.…moreJune 2017 according to The Heathers' Blog. Announcements back in 2015 - NBC bought the rights to the series. FOX is trying to put together a show too. My daughter is in the TV production business I don't think it takes a year to put a show together. I may be wrong though.(less)

Christy
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

photo 20621178_10104053532011228_4916049122534278374_n_zpscuqxpmod.jpg
“Love survives all things, time, marriages, deaths. It is more what makes us immortal than even the children we leave in our wake to our graves.”

The Bourbon Kings is a series that will take you on a ride. All of these books were completely addictive for me, and the finale was just as great as the first two books. I loved that all my questions got answered and seeing how everything worked out for these characters in the end.

The Baldwine family is a complex one. Every one of them
~IreneOust~

I finished Devil's Cut this morning ... and I cried.

Cried, because after having waited for this final installment for an entire year [almost to the day!], it met and exceeded every single expectation I had for it!

Cried, because I was blown away, once again, by J.R. Ward's ability to tell a story in a way so few authors can: poetic and full of soul.

Cried, because I was overwhelmed by the amount of emotion the story sprung on me. As a reader, I can't help but always look for HEA type ending. In
Julie
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Devil’s Cut by J.R. Ward is a 2017 Ballantine publication.

A fantastic conclusion to the Bourbon Kings series-

I have loved, loved, loved this trilogy! The series was inspired by the author’s love for those scandalously delicious nighttime soap operas like ‘Dynasty’.

This trilogy has been like a guilty pleasure, totally sudsy, very dramatic, and wildly entertaining. I loved the family saga which is centered around the Bradford's, an uber wealthy Kentucky family who made their fortune with the
Jonetta
This trilogy has a continuing story arc and should be read in order.

The final book in the trilogy picks up right where the last ended and it didn’t disappoint. While Lane and Lizzie’s relationship has settled in, Max is still stubbornly distancing himself from Sutton (thankfully she’s tenacious) and Gin’s loveless marriage to the abusive Richard seems hopeless with Samuel T. having mixed feelings about her predicament. Youngest brother Max is in town but just barely interacting with his family.
Cyndi
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was concerned about a few of the Happily Ever Afters. The book starts out with Edward in jail, Miss Aurora is in a coma, Max is deep in the drunk and disorderly and Gin is still in an abusive marriage. Even Lane and Lizzie hit some rough spots.
This is the end to a wonderful trilogy along the lines of Falcon's Crest, Dynasty and Dallas from the eighties. Epic stories with larger than life characters. It reminds us that even rich kids can have abusive fathers who beat them and mothers who igno
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, audiobook
This series was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

Entertainment of its finest!!

I hate drama, I hate soap operas but OMG I loved The Bourbon Kings.

In the foreword JR WARD mentioned that she loves TV shows like Dynasty and Dallas - and that's exactly what you got with this series. The entertainment value was HUGE.

Devil's Cut couldn't have been a better ending to an absolutely amazing series. The anticipation was HUGE. A yearlong wait and finally I would find out if the siblings would get their HEA and WHO kill
Alyssa
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-releases
How often do you see me give a five-star rating? Less than 10% of the books I read every year get this rating. Translation: THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Devil's Cut by J.R. Ward
Book Three of the Bourbon Kings series
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Publication Date: August 1, 2017
Rating: 5 stars
Source: Review copy sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

In #1 New York Times bestselling author J. R. Ward s thrilling finale of the Bourbon Kings series, the Br
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Devil’s Cut is without doubt my favorite of the Bourbon Kings series. I’ve struggled with the previous two books, mainly because of how long and drawn out the story is, but everything finally comes together in this masterpiece of an ending. I loved every part of this conclusion – there was never a dull moment, and I actually liked the characters by the end. For those of you who have been eagerly waiting to see just how the Baldwine children and their glori
Devil's Cut is the third installation in J.R. Ward's adult contemporary trilogy titled The Bourbon Kings. This ongoing story is a drama-filled family soap opera of epic proportions. Ms. Ward started out comparing it to Downton Abbey and ended it with comparisons to the 1980's TV series Dynasty...which is much more fitting. The first book sparked my interest with family/world building, the second book felt a bit like filler while relationships shifted and found footing, and this last one tied up ...more
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Spent the day with baby and I can't believe its over. I may need to start the series all over.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Just PERFECT!!!!

This was the most amazing ending for this epic Bourbon saga!
I loved every moment of it!
It was exciting and mysterious and moving and adorable and I cried a lot!
I just loved it!
I hope Hollywood will hurry with making a TV or big screen thing out of it!

I also still think that Ms. Ward accidentally used a lot of Black Dagger talk in this series. Or is that just me? Read it again and I'm sure you'll find those vampires in Lane's words and thoughts!!!☺☺☺

Smokin Hot Book Blog Email
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“After all, money could come and go, so could health and wellness, and destiny was a fickle master, for sure. But to be loved by the one you loved? It was the optimism in the midst of crisis, it was the food when you were starving, it was the air when you could not breathe, and the light that led you from the darkness.”

As one of the most anticipated books of my entire life—and that is not an overstatement—my expectations of The Bourbon Kings finale were sky high. This is a series that, even
Gretchen  (About That Story)
EPIC! That's the word I keep coming back to when I think of this story with all its amazing conclusions and the trilogy itself. It was an epic adventure with so many twists and turns into the land of bourbon that's full of lies, deceit, hope, and love. It was truly a phenomenal story!

Devil’s Cut is the final book in The Bourbon Kings trilogy and I was on the edge of my seat digesting everything I learned, absorbing all the answers that were given. I loved all the little breadcrumbs that were com
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
The epic conclusion of The Bourbon Kings. Devil's Cut answered questions, healed all the main characters and once again transported me to Kentucky, to the middle of the Bradford Bourbon Company at Easterly.

JR Ward and her magical words. They are vivid and completely capture the culture. I have listened to this series and the narrator is spot on!! The accent transports the listener straight to Kentucky where listening to this series makes it even better!!

Lane and Lizzie, Gin and Samuel T, Amelia,
♥Rachel♥
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
*****Spoilers ahead if you haven’t read the previous Bourbon Kings books.*****

Devil’s Cut
was the perfect ending to J.R. Ward’s Bourbon Kings series. I loved how everything turned out for all couples, and the overall mystery of who killed William Baldwine.

Lizzie and Lane are the heart and very center of the story, and I was pleased they faced all the problems as a united couple. They had a personal issue that stirred up a little uncertainty between them, but nothing too worrisome.

I wasn’t real
♥ℳelody

*sigh*

Not the gripping finale I was hoping it would be.

I still stand by the opinion that this series was not suited for a 3 part trilogy. Not even close. There was no way to resolve all the drama and story threads Ward started in the very first book and wrap everything up in a realistic and satisfying fashion 2 books later. Each character deserved their own book IMO. This book is perfect example of why.

My first and probably biggest problem: Where was the romance?

This was the initial debate whe
-y.a
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
This final book would be a page-turner if the author steered the story away from Lizzie and Lane, trimmed the repetitive internal dialogues and long-winded descriptions, and placed the focus on the drama between Samuel and Gin or Edward and Sutton.
TeriLyn
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 "You win." Stars

A wonderful conclusion to a great saga. Still wordy and quite descriptive in spots but I could hardly wait to find out what would come of the Baldwine family, their intriguing crew, and their twisty lives at Easterly. I'd love for a bonus epilogue or something to see beyond the last chapter. If you enjoy family sagas you're sure to love this.
Jessica
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I feel like I have been waiting FOREVER for the conclusion to this series. It is so easy to get sucked into this series and I couldn't wait to find out what was really going on with this crazy bourbon family.

Normally here I give a synopsis, but seeing as this is book three in the series, I don't want to spoil anything that happens earlier on in they series for those of you who haven't picked it up yet. Just know this deals with a wealthy family who owns a Bourbon company who are entangled in li
☕ Kimberly
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ward delivered twists and turns as this family tries to pull themselves back together.  For fans of the television drama, Dallas, this series is a must read. The Bourbon Kings was a stunning, poignant and addictive series.

Ward begins DEVIL'S CUT immediately following the draw dropping events at the end of ANGEL'S SHARE. The story follows the Bradford children; Lane, Edward, Max, and Gin. Their mother never leaves her rooms, preferring to live in medicated bliss. Their father had betrayed them al
Lucy Qhuay
My greatest frustration with The Bourbon Kings will forever be the fact that it is a trilogy when it could have been a series of 8 books or so, one for each major character.

This book frustrated me. I can't say I hated it, because the fate of my beloved characters was that which I hoped for, for the most part, yet it didn't leave me completely satisfied either.

I think there were quite a few characters such as Max Baldwine, Jeff, Mack, Shelby and even Amelia Baldwine whose importance and potential
Under the Covers Book Blog
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The final installment in the Bourbon Kings trilogy is finally here.  I cracked this open with anticipation because I was anxious to find out how it would all end.  Hopeful it would have a happy ending.  And I'm please to say DEVIL'S CUT delivered on everything I was hoping this book would be and then more.

I didn't breeze through this read because I wanted to savor it but it was so entertaining.  There's no dull moment and the pacing is so great that you're always engaged.  With several POVs, th
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I can't even handle how good this book was. The Bourbon Kings saga has been a beautifully addictive, deliciously scandalous, emotionally tortuous but altogether unforgettable journey from beginning to end. This finale was not only one of my most anticipated reads of 2017, it turned out to be exponentially better than anything I could've imagined. Hands down, Devil's Cut is the best book of this series, a series, mind you, I already loved beyond words. I couldn't put this book down. I never wante ...more
S.M. West
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible, favourties
I didn't want this to end. This was EPIC! This series was my first JR Ward story and I'm sure to pick up more. If you love family sagas with rich family history, some scandal and passion, YOU MUST READ THIS. I'm going to miss the Baldwine's and every single one of the characters in this series!!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Well,?for a messy love story(ies) everything was wrapped up neatly, maybe too neat.

What can I say, Lane was my favorite guy, though I rooted for all the brothers to find happiness. For this book, I was mostly concerned about Gin and Samuel T.

JR Ward uses misunderstanding (or lack of communication) as a conflict device in most of her romance plots. While I enjoy the drama it creates, it also frustrates me. I think in this case, it was overused to the detriment of how I felt about the characters a
Dana Ilie
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i wish Edward Baldwine, Samuel Theodore Lodge III and Gin, and Max have their book story...
Jacqueline's Reads
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 It’s OVER stars

Devil’s Cut is the conclusion for the Bourbon King series. I thought this series would focus on each brother for each book, but it didn’t. I was really disappointed with Angel’s share considering I gave Bourbon King, the first book, five stars. I Loved Lizzy and Lane’s happy ending and I wanted that for each brother for each book.

So when Angel’s Share ended with Edward getting arrested for his father’s murder I was NOT happy that Sutton and Edward didn’t their happy ending. I’
HeatherP
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
“Bad fortune, as with good, was not always driven by virtue or free will, and it was best to remember these things were not personal. Otherwise, you were liable to lose your damn mind.”

I'm a huge fan of JR Ward's paranormal books. I have also read and loved her Jessica Bird's Moorehouse Legacy books she wrote, so I already knew she could do contemporary romance. This Bourbon Kings series feels like more then that though. I know some people have a problem with the way she has multiple POVs in he
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.

The Bourbon Kings (3 books)
  • The Bourbon Kings (The Bourbon Kings, #1)
  • The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2)
“Lane shut the door on the man's face, grabbed a pair of boxers from the bureau, and yanked them on so hard, he nearly wedgie'd himself.

"Try not to kill him," Lizzie muttered as he headed back for the idiot.

"I make no promises.”