Start by marking “Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)” as Want to Read:
Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)

Our Options Have Changed (On Hold #1)

Having it all is a fantasy, right?

Chloe Browne knows all about fantasy. Fantasy is her job.

And she’s very, very good at what she does.

As director of design for the O Spa chain, a sophisticated women’s club that is trending its way into being the Next Big Thing, Chloe’s ready to take on the world.

One baby at a time.

Her home study’s done, and she’s about to adopt, a thirty-s
Published October 5th 2016 by Prosaic Press

Leonor
Oct 08, 2016 Leonor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh
Chantal ❤️
Oct 08, 2016 Chantal ❤️ marked it as never-want-to-read  ·  review of another edition
SKIPPING FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY!

It's bad enough the sleeping with brothers but when you add the fact that she was underage.
Done! Can't do that.
Underage sex is not only wrong to me, it's actually illegal.

description
Lady Heather
Oct 03, 2016 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance

5 "So worth the wait stars!"

photo banner.jpg

Our Options Have Changed is a full-length standalone contemporary romance, the first in the On Hold series by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent and journalist-turned-fiction-writer Elisa Reed.
It is a loose spinoff from Julia Kent’s Shopping for a Billionaire series, with cameo appearances from favorite characters.

Release Date: October 5, 2016

This is a smart, well-written story with intelligent, colorful, successful characters.
I really enjoy
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 6e4b1a2329fdaa1662da5d483f1f34_zpsppltlags.gif

The only option that you need to have is to go read Our Options Have Changed by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed. This book was engaging, sexy, sophisticated, and a fresh breath of modern romance!!! What I especially loved about this story was the heroine. If you have been following my reviews, you are all aware that I love a strong, sassy heroine that can hold her own and Chloe Brown was the shining star in this book.

Chloe Brown is a modern day
Mandy
LOVED this book! My only complaint is that I REALLY wanted an epilogue! I hope Nick and Chloe make an appearance in the next book in this series. I can't wait to read more by this author!
A
Sep 30, 2016 A rated it it was amazing
ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review :)

one of the easiest 5 stars I've given recently :) such a great book :) fun and lovely and hilarious and sweet and just... perfect :) I've had such a great time reading this story... :) expect a full and glowing review on the day of the release :) and in the meantime go pre-order this amazing gem :)

edited to add my full review :)

I got an ARC of this book thanks to the sign up I discovered because of the recommendation from Penny Reid
Chitra *CJ*
Oct 06, 2016 Chitra *CJ* rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first
So I really really really enjoyed this amazing story of Nick and Chloe. It was fun, full of feels and intrigued me from start to end.
I loved that he was a family guy- a single father of three amazing kids. She was a successful career woman on the verge of becoming a single mother. They meet- and there's so much love and chemistry since then. I loved his interaction with the kids, the kids themselves. I loved her best friends, her experiences after becoming an adoptive mother. And how they both f
Shari Kay
Oct 08, 2016 Shari Kay marked it as skip-it  ·  review of another edition
*judgy eyes* are on you, missy. (view spoiler)

My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
4.5 Make the Right Choice and Read this Book Stars!!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

What a great start to a new series by Ms. Kent and Ms. Reed. Nick and Chloe are at different points in their lives....or are they? What they do have is a strong draw to each other that had me laughing quite a bit which I can always count on from a Julia Kent book.

Both of them have reached a point in their lives where they know what they want and Nick isn't sure he wants to start over with a new family, but Chloe kno
Cali Jewel
Oct 05, 2016 Cali Jewel rated it it was amazing
I love how Chloe and Nick are just so explosive together from word one yet at such different places in regards to family. The Concept of O spa is so fun and exciting that it makes me hope with all my heart that it may really exist somewhere. (I really want to visit)

Her bio clock is ticking and he is done raising his kids (I can relate). They have some fun, wacky and great times trying to figure out ex issues, career and baby together. This was just such a great story about life and those little
Sue
Oct 03, 2016 Sue rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for an honest review. Julia and Elisa have captured the zany qualities of the Shopping for the Billionaire books with this new series surrounding the famous "O" Spa mentioned in the SFTB books. Chloe and Nick's story will keep you riveted from beginning to end. Does he want to start over? Does she want to trust again? This book is funny, sexy, and emotional. It will make you laugh and once again wonder where they get this stuff but it DOES make you think. I know I saw some of ...more
Penny
Dec 14, 2016 Penny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 “Practically perfect” Stars

Wow! I need to thank author Penny Reid for her pimping email about Julia Kent’s work. Because of the coolness of all of us, I received an ARC for Our Options Have Changed. Now, the first thing you must know is that I’m still kicking myself in the ass for not picking up this amazing book earlier. I had it sitting in my kindle for three months. THREE MONTHS!!!!!!

Safe to say I found the story incredibly good, with a fresh storyline, fantastic characters with crazy che
Barbara Ingram
Oct 12, 2016 Barbara Ingram rated it it was amazing
*****5 Sweet Holliday Stars*****

Whenever I am feeling down and need a good pick-me-up read, my go to author will always be Julia Kent! Her Shopping For a Billionaire and Her Billionaire's Series will always be at the top of my all time favorite reads. Elisa Reed is Our Options Have Changed co-author and this collaboration was brilliant! They wrote this tale seamlessly and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Now for the review!

We meet Chloe, a design director for a high-end chain of spas, O Spa. In the t
Melinda
Oct 06, 2016 Melinda rated it really liked it
Our Options Have Changed by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed

This was a great, fun romance from Julia Kent, who I have read previously, and Elisa Reed who I have not. It follows the story of Chloe, an extremely successful businesswoman: director of design for a world-class spa chain who is looking to adopt a baby and the slightly older business associate Nick who is finally at the empty-ish nest phase of his life.

Overall, this was a fun read with plenty of humorous moments throughout. These were inters
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Our Options Have Changed is a sweet, albeit different, love story about a woman (Chloe) in her 30s who is adopting a baby. Nick, a divorced father in his early 40s, is just sending the last of his grown children out of the nest. He and Chloe fall in love but can he commit to raising a baby when he has finished raising his family?

From the blurb when it described Nick as an "empty nester" I was thinking more in the 50+ range. I certainly wasnt thinking early 40s. He was a very lovable character.
Heather andrews
Sep 21, 2016 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
The morning after with Chloe and Nick are sure interesting, "I stand up. And almost fall down from my tingling leg. Nick stirs, and stretches. He opens one eye and smiles sleepily. “Hurry back,” is all he says." Nick can sure have some interesting conversations with his children, “the hand is a welcome distraction from talking about Chloe, strap-ons, dog bongs, and my sex life.” Never thought I’d utter the words dog bongs and my sex life in the same sentence." I really enjoyed this book, I found ...more
Lynn Ratliff
Oct 26, 2016 Lynn Ratliff rated it really liked it
Great book. This is the first book I've read with Julia Kent and another author together. It flowed very well together. Can't wait for book 2.
Ayennix
Oct 10, 2016 Ayennix rated it really liked it
Our Options Have Changed is such a heart warming story involving two people who have lived their lives differently and who want different things but experience a chemistry that ties them to each other. This was such a funny and sexy read.

This is the story of Chloe Browne and Nick Grafton.

Chloe is a take charge woman. She's successful in the company she works for, she's confident and she's strong. My kind of heroine. She is also single and has been dying for a child of her own for some time.

Nick
Kelly
May 13, 2017 Kelly rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
Meh. I teared up at a part, but then wanted to throw my kindle at multiple parts. It felt sort of all over. Pages and pages describing the spa. Pages of the secret shopper report. Then it started jumping months at a time and I swear she and Nick interacted like 5 times over 6 months. Never really understood her huge desire to be a mom or adopt. I got she was adopted, but her mom was crazy so not really the nurturing kind. All she wore was silk shirts (at least that was mentioned 1000 times). Som ...more
Valorie
May 19, 2017 Valorie rated it it was amazing
Wow..........grown love is beautiful. Isn't love in our 30's- 40's wonderful? Finally!!!!! To read about grown up, mature love and issues....I'm at a lost for words. Now this book was awesome and at times laugh out loud, funny. I have to say Charlie and the kids were hilarious in the shananagans they pulled but the coupling of Chloe and Nick were by far my favorite.. now joe got exactly what he deserved and so did Simone.. my only problem was Chloe was too much of a push over! Exceptional end fo ...more
Stinger
Disappointed

Story had a great start; Chloe shined as the strong, intelligent career woman and Nick, the hardworking, dedicated, soon-to-be empty-nester dad. A lot of truly funny moments that had me laughing outloud in the beginning. But then the story slowed down gradually to a crawl. Plus, it was hard to figure out what really attracted Chloe and Nick to each other, which was a critical negative for me. I finished the book, but wish I would have taken a pass.
Samantha Spencer
May 17, 2017 Samantha Spencer rated it it was amazing
Smart, sexy, sophisticated. An step up in romance, integrating real-life choices with comedic timing and touch. Undress your inhibitions. Open your mind and heart to emotions and sensuality to which you can relate and which you can feel. Smoldering and enduring characters. For readers ready for the next step in romance...
Jo
May 08, 2017 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Great story until she got the baby, then the authors kinda lost me. I've heard of frantic new moms, but she took the prize. Seriously, going into meltdown in less than a day because she couldn't get to her baby, even though she left her with a dad who had 15 years of parenting experience? Plus she was completely spineless with her diva mother.
Catherine Ojalvo
Oct 11, 2016 Catherine Ojalvo added it
Recommends it for: People who love romance and humor.
Recommended to Catherine by: I are for honest review
I loved this book!Chole Browne is a very successful business woman who is involved with a married man.I did not like this aspect of her life and she let it go on for over 3 years.During a business meeting,she attracts the eye of Nick Grafton, a branding expert.I loved Nick from the start.He is an attractive man in in 40s ,who has raised 3 children aloneHer best friends are Henry,the 7 foot head masseuse at the "O'"spa,where Chloe is head of design and his wife Jemma..After Nick saves when her dr ...more
Shirley
Jun 01, 2017 Shirley rated it really liked it
I really love Julia's books, and this one is NO different. Her characters are down to earth, funny and just likable. This story line covers a lot of reality with a good dose of laughter. A sweet romance.
Dianne
May 15, 2017 Dianne rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but didn't like the ending. It wasn't a cliffhanger, it just stopped...instantly before a situation was adequately resolved. Okay, it was obvious everything would be okay, but I wanted closure on that event. I wanted, no needed more!
Karen
May 27, 2017 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well I was loving it all the way through. I was thinking five stars all the way through. And then I turned a page and it was over. It just ended. Not a cliffhanger, just stopped. Frozen in time. I gotta take away a star which is too bad because I really liked it up to 96%.
Sarah Moore
If the ending had been better, I would have given the book 4 stars. It just ended with no real ending. Very disappointed. It was like the author got tired of writing the story.
Cynthia Siermienski
Our Options Have Changed

I loved it. Couldn't put it down. I laughed, cried and sighed. I can't wait to read the next book.
Sarah Austin
Mar 22, 2017 Sarah Austin rated it it was amazing
I really really liked this book. I'd give it 4.5 stars. It's really sweet and funny but I like all of Julia Kent's stuff. I am so glad someone did a book that isn't about 21 year olds and instaeverything. yes there was attraction right away but a slow burn into a real relationship. His ex wife is quite odious. There's a little bit of crossover from her other series but it can be read as a standalone. There were some really funny parts as well. A nice light read and some time well spent.
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 1.5 million books, with 4 New York Times bestsellers and more than 16 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2017.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds
More about Julia Kent...