Start by marking “Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)” as Want to Read:
Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)

Our Options Have Changed

(On Hold #1)

Having it all is a fantasy, right?

Chloe Browne knows all about fantasy. Fantasy is her job.

And she’s very, very good at what she does.

As director of design for the O Spa chain, a sophisticated women’s club that is trending its way into being the Next Big Thing, Chloe’s ready to take on the world.

One baby at a time.

Her home study’s done, and she’s about to adopt, a thirty-s
Published October 5th 2016 by Prosaic Press

Start your review of Our Options Have Changed (On Hold, #1)
Sam (AMNReader)
Did I give anyone the impression this was too long? Well, that's certainly true.

Also, it's about a woman adopting a newborn, meeting a man who is recently an empty nester (and also the older brother of her high school boyfriend)....I didn't realize what I was in for. I think a couple things were well done, if forgettable, about this book and it was breezy and sweet. Some of the plotlines were utterly unnecessary (like Nick's brother)

However, it was also a pretty decent depiction of parenting a
Chantal ❤️
Oct 08, 2016 marked it as never-want-to-read  ·  review of another edition
SKIPPING FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY!

It's bad enough the sleeping with brothers but when you add the fact that she was underage.
Done! Can't do that.
Underage sex is not only wrong to me, it's actually illegal.

description
Lady Heather
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance

5 "So worth the wait stars!"

photo banner.jpg

Our Options Have Changed is a full-length standalone contemporary romance, the first in the On Hold series by New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent and journalist-turned-fiction-writer Elisa Reed.
It is a loose spinoff from Julia Kent’s Shopping for a Billionaire series, with cameo appearances from favorite characters.

Release Date: October 5, 2016

This is a smart, well-written story with intelligent, colorful, successful characters.
I really en
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 6e4b1a2329fdaa1662da5d483f1f34_zpsppltlags.gif

The only option that you need to have is to go read Our Options Have Changed by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed. This book was engaging, sexy, sophisticated, and a fresh breath of modern romance!!! What I especially loved about this story was the heroine. If you have been following my reviews, you are all aware that I love a strong, sassy heroine that can hold her own and Chloe Brown was the shining star in this book.

Chloe Brown is a modern d
Mandy
LOVED this book! My only complaint is that I REALLY wanted an epilogue! I hope Nick and Chloe make an appearance in the next book in this series. I can't wait to read more by this author!
Carmen Rae
Feb 05, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf, not-for-me
I really thought I would love this book. I like the authors and the blurb sounds great but 30% in and I just couldn't do it any more. I didn't like the characters and I couldn't connect with the story. I was going to finish it but for what point? A 3 star rating at best or a week of annoying the family complaining.
So I won't rate it. Hopefully it works for you
Anna lost in stories *A*
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I got an ARC of this book thanks to the sign up I discovered because of the recommendation from Penny Reid and my oh my... oh how grateful I am for her suggestion :) I am soooo in love with this book :) I think the last time I laughed so hard while reading was actually during one of Penny's book :) this story was absolutely stunning... one of the easiest 5 stars I ever gave :) not to mention that it was written in such a phenomenal way that I actually kept forgetting that TWO separate people wro ...more
Chitra *CJ*
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first
So I really really really enjoyed this amazing story of Nick and Chloe. It was fun, full of feels and intrigued me from start to end.
I loved that he was a family guy- a single father of three amazing kids. She was a successful career woman on the verge of becoming a single mother. They meet- and there's so much love and chemistry since then. I loved his interaction with the kids, the kids themselves. I loved her best friends, her experiences after becoming an adoptive mother. And how they both f
Paganalexandria
Apr 21, 2020 marked it as in-collection-already  ·  review of another edition
04/21/20 currently free in Spring Romance: NINE Happily Ever Afters Spring Romance NINE Happily Ever Afters by Tessa Bailey
Heather andrews
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The morning after with Chloe and Nick are sure interesting, "I stand up. And almost fall down from my tingling leg. Nick stirs, and stretches. He opens one eye and smiles sleepily. “Hurry back,” is all he says." Nick can sure have some interesting conversations with his children, “the hand is a welcome distraction from talking about Chloe, strap-ons, dog bongs, and my sex life.” Never thought I’d utter the words dog bongs and my sex life in the same sentence." I really enjoyed this book, I found ...more
Cali Jewel
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love how Chloe and Nick are just so explosive together from word one yet at such different places in regards to family. The Concept of O spa is so fun and exciting that it makes me hope with all my heart that it may really exist somewhere. (I really want to visit)

Her bio clock is ticking and he is done raising his kids (I can relate). They have some fun, wacky and great times trying to figure out ex issues, career and baby together. This was just such a great story about life and those little
Sue
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC for an honest review. Julia and Elisa have captured the zany qualities of the Shopping for the Billionaire books with this new series surrounding the famous "O" Spa mentioned in the SFTB books. Chloe and Nick's story will keep you riveted from beginning to end. Does he want to start over? Does she want to trust again? This book is funny, sexy, and emotional. It will make you laugh and once again wonder where they get this stuff but it DOES make you think. I know I saw some of ...more
Barbara Ingram
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*****5 Sweet Holliday Stars*****

Whenever I am feeling down and need a good pick-me-up read, my go to author will always be Julia Kent! Her Shopping For a Billionaire and Her Billionaire's Series will always be at the top of my all time favorite reads. Elisa Reed is Our Options Have Changed co-author and this collaboration was brilliant! They wrote this tale seamlessly and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Now for the review!

We meet Chloe, a design director for a high-end chain of spas, O Spa. In the t
Penny
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 “Practically perfect” Stars

Wow! I need to thank author Penny Reid for her pimping email about Julia Kent’s work. Because of the coolness of all of us, I received an ARC for Our Options Have Changed. Now, the first thing you must know is that I’m still kicking myself in the ass for not picking up this amazing book earlier. I had it sitting in my kindle for three months. THREE MONTHS!!!!!!

Safe to say I found the story incredibly good, with a fresh storyline, fantastic characters with crazy che
Melinda
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Our Options Have Changed by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed

This was a great, fun romance from Julia Kent, who I have read previously, and Elisa Reed who I have not. It follows the story of Chloe, an extremely successful businesswoman: director of design for a world-class spa chain who is looking to adopt a baby and the slightly older business associate Nick who is finally at the empty-ish nest phase of his life.

Overall, this was a fun read with plenty of humorous moments throughout. These were inters
Nickie Adler
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A second chance at love and romance

Chloe has been waiting patiently for the birth of the baby she’s adopting. In the mean time her love life just fell apart. For three years Joe has been her friend and lover, yes he’s still married but in the process of getting a divorce. After he cancelled going to her place after work, Chloe decides to surprise him with dinner at his office. Only to find him with another woman. Cheating on his wife with her and then cheating on her with another woman, yep she
Xerxia
Oct 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This was kind of all over the place. Like most of Julia Kent's books, the slapstick component was over the top and felt forced in many spots (no professional woman carries a vibrator in her purse to a business meeting, no matter how 'funny' the ensuing (and inevitable) spilling of the contents of that purse all over the hot guy's office would be... which is to say, not very funny at all).

But there were aspects of this book that were incredibly sweet. Nick, the male protagonist, was an interestin
Amber at WickedGoodReads
Our Options Have Changed is a sweet, albeit different, love story about a woman (Chloe) in her 30s who is adopting a baby. Nick, a divorced father in his early 40s, is just sending the last of his grown children out of the nest. He and Chloe fall in love but can he commit to raising a baby when he has finished raising his family?

From the blurb when it described Nick as an "empty nester" I was thinking more in the 50+ range. I certainly wasnt thinking early 40s. He was a very lovable character.
Lynn Ratliff
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book. This is the first book I've read with Julia Kent and another author together. It flowed very well together. Can't wait for book 2.
Jennifer Mitchell
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I struggle giving this 2 stars meaning it could be 2.5 stars...possibly? The story is cute but it lacks a little depth. Chloe Browne is a thirty something year old successful design director at the O Spa. Her love life has not had the same success so she has bypasses the dream of a perfect man and is on the brink of entering single parenthood via adoption. Then like a true romance, the perfect man by the name of Nick Grafton, enters. The catch? Nick is a single dad, now empty nester who is looki ...more
Lara
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
First of all, Chloe's been carrying on an affair with a married man for three years. This is normally a trigger issue for me, but it gets dealt with pretty early on. I let it slide.

The writing is pretty good, the dialogue and characters good, too. The premise is clever, but ...

But then I hate it when authors put their female characters in uncomfortable situations or make them accident prone/clumsy. These authors take it a step further and have the heroine literally flash her co-workers with a ni
Lynn Reynolds
Chloe Browne is a perfectionist. She doesn’t seem to have much control over her professional or personal life lately. Nick Grafton is all about the numbers. That is until someone crosses his path and derails that.

It took me a while to see where the authors were taking things. We get to see a lot from Chloe’s point of view first. It shows how much she has going on in her life. Once Nick entered the picture is when things seem to click into place. The story really picks up when I start to laugh. A
Kelly
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2-blog
A sweet, funny and sexy feel-good story

My first book by Elisa Reed, I only recently read and enjoyed one of the latest Shopping for a Billionaire books by Julia Kent (this is billed as a loose spinoff from that series), so I’ve been keeping my eyes open for more of her books. Since I’m so new to that series, I was pretty oblivious to any characters crossing over into this book, so it didn’t factor into my enjoyment of this story.

Nick and Chloe were great characters; I loved the contrast of the
Denise Barney
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a “Free Friday” selection on the Barnes & Noble Nook app.

Chloe has two goals in life. One is to make sure that “O” is the best “Fourth Space” for women in the world; the other is to become a mother. She is set to adopt a baby from a pregnant teen she met through an outreach program sponsored by her company.

Nick has three children in college and is looking forward to becoming an empty nester after 15 years of being a single father. His ex-wife left him and moved to France, although she i
Karren
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Our Options Have Changed is such a heart warming story involving two people who have lived their lives differently and who want different things but experience a chemistry that ties them to each other. This was such a funny and sexy read.

This is the story of Chloe Browne and Nick Grafton.

Chloe is a take charge woman. She's successful in the company she works for, she's confident and she's strong. My kind of heroine. She is also single and has been dying for a child of her own for some time.

Nick
Becky Baldridge
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is a great mix of laugh out loud funny, adorable man-holding baby moments, sweet, sexy, and those all out crazy times with a new baby - especially the first baby. There is some serious in the book, but more than anything, it's a lighthearted romance with a lot of laughs. The only drawback for me is that it is quite long given the lack of drama and how quickly this pair recognizes their attraction. That aside, I love the characters and their various quirks. Nick's kids are a hoot, and ...more
D Call
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic book!!

I almost put it away at the first of the book because O made me uncomfortable. I'm so glad I didn't! Witty, successful main characters with distinct personalities; funny, serious, and frantic situations (even one slightly scary); and delightfully accurate young adult children.

This is a beautiful story of love--between friends, between siblings who don't share same outlook on life, between parent and grown children (fighting over laundry machines is so true), between
Baca Buku
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This started out a little uninspired for me. I don't find thongs sexy, in general, and masseurs in thongs? No. In the first few chapters when the story was all about what Chloe does for a living, I thought the book might be going towards BDSM, of which I am no fan.

But after all the work stuff, the story gets interesting. The development of the relationship between her and Nick is realistic, and he, especially, has that vulnerability that is endearing.

Now, whether a man with grown children would

Ea_reader
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub-read
4 stars for a mostly great book that I couldn't put down. I really loved Nick, and I liked the book overall; the writing was great. it wasn't 5 stars for me for a few reasons: it felt like the Chloe before adopting the baby was a different person than the one after adopting the baby (and yes, a baby will change you, but something about the change didn't ring true to me); Chloe's mom was a caricature; the relationship between Nick and Chloe needed more of a foundation before the baby to believabl ...more
Maraea
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I just didnt love it.
I think I'll have a vrushbon Nick forever. His teenage kids were hilarious and the scenes with him and them and their randomness was so refreshing and funny.
But I just didnt get them as a couple... they obviously liked each other.. yet I feel noone really made moves, then they did and they were having aex. They went from 'business lunch' to where they spent the whole time talking about not work related stuff, to square 1, then dinner, sex, then square 1. I was just frustra
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Nook books: December 27, 2019 1 3 Dec 27, 2019 08:26AM

• Wait For Me (Swoon, #2)
  • Royal Hottie (The Rourkes, #2)
  • Hitching the Cowboy (Circle B Ranch, #1)
  • Sucked Into Love (Bachelorette Party #1)
  • Spring Romance
  • Mouth to Mouth (Beach Kingdom, #1)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans #1)
  • Mr. Accidental Hero (Jet City Matchmaker, #1)
  • Just One Night
  • A Tempting Friendship (Clover Park #10)
  • Heat Wave (The Magic Jukebox, #4)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Denied (Southern Alphas, #4)
  • Seducing the Billionaire's Wife
  • Love on a Summer Night (Pine Harbour #4)
  • Living with Her One-Night Stand (The Loft, #1)
  • Challenging the Doctor (Marietta Medical, #2)
  • The Choices I've Made (By The Bay, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. Since 2013, she has sold more than 2 million books, with 5 New York Times bestsellers and more than 21 appearances on the USA Today bestseller list. Her books have been translated into French and German, with more titles releasing in 2020.

From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a

On Hold (2 books)