Start by marking “Here Comes The Witch (Main Street Witches, #1)” as Want to Read:
Here Comes The Witch (Main Street Witches, #1)

Here Comes The Witch

(Main Street Witches #1)

Jewelry designer Kat Ramos has come to Banshee Creek to break the famous Hagen House curse and, in order to do that, she must marry Liam Hagen. A vengeful ghost with a deadly history isn’t part of the deal, and neither is love. Will Kat be able to handle both, or will the mystery of the cursed Hagen House remain unsolved?
178 pages
Published September 7th 2016 by FAC Publishing LLC (first published September 5th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Here Comes The Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here Comes The Witch

Start your review of Here Comes The Witch (Main Street Witches, #1)
Coco.V
Sep 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/9/2018)!💝
Sophia
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After recently finishing up the Banshee Creek series and wanting more of this humorous, quirky town and its living, living from the beyond, and monster residences, I was thrilled to see there was a spin-off series with a bit more magic to make the romance interesting.

Here Comes the Witch takes place shortly after the finish of My Ghostly Valentine from the Banshee Creek series. It is technically the first book in a new series, but it is my humble opinion that the reader will enjoy this more by s
John
***Disclosure: I received a free copy in exchange for a review.***

“Let me get this straight: you want to film a Caribbean Santeria ritual that aims to exorcise an Italian ghost during a Chinese ancestor festival?” The plot in a nutshell.

What's Good: like it says, it's a light, cozy (sorta) mystery. Lots of pop culture references, one-liners and more mythological name dropping & wiccan terminology than you can shake a stick at. As a spinoff from the Banshee Creek series, the characters and settin
Patricia Hamill
Here Comes the Witch is pegged as a romantic, cozy mystery. Kat arrives in town to complete her end of a deal that will both fund her long-wished-for jewelry shop and put an end to a generations-old curse on an old house. The only catch is, she has to marry a complete stranger and live in the house with him for a year. Still, it’s worth it if it will make her dream come true.

First off, in my opinion, this isn’t really a cozy mystery. Instead, I’d call it a ghost story with romance, or maybe a co
Iona Caldwell
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Crossposted from my blog > https://authorionacaldwell.wixsite.co...

Overall: 2.5 out of 5 Stars
Cover: 3 out of 5 Stars (because it looks like a cozy)

***Disclaimer: These views are my own opinion. I will always recommend people to read the novel and form their own opinion.***

My, my. How I wanted so badly to like this book. I really won't go much into the plot because the synopsis gives a good description but long story short - cursed house needs a ritual completed which just happens to be a weddin
L.A.L.
A fun, lighthearted paranormal story. Predictable, yet entertaining.

And this quote made me laugh:

“I'm Norwegian and our ghosts don't care about nookie, just raiding, blood feuds, and herring recipes."
Nancy Haddock
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful blend

Of funny and edgy! Well-written, well-paced, with lovely characters. An engaging read, and I definitely will read the next book.
Karen • The Book Return
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read this review and more on my blog.The Book Return Blog ‘Here Comes the Witch’ is a cozy/mystery/romance with a twist. Kat Ramos comes back to her ancestral town of Banshee Creek.Her mission is to help lift a curse that was placed on a home by one of her ancestors. This turns out to be more complicated than she thought.
When I first read the synopsis of this book,I was a little scared. I thought that the town of ‘Banshee Creek’ sounded a lot like the town of Cassadaga, Florida (which scares the
♥ Joy Joy ♥
This series is a spin off of Ani Gonzalez's Banshee Creek series.

Although the opening was good, it came off a bit shaky and took a little while for me to get back into the groove of the Banshee Creek community and atmosphere.

Though there were a few rough spots in the book and some of the dialogue a bit iffy, overall it was an interesting and fun read. I'm definitely loving how the Hagen house curse was finally delved into and am not disappointed at the mystery that was uncovered.

Definitely on
Runningrabbit
This was pretty much a simplistic romance with a dash of paranormal - I lost interest about half way through.
Amy Caudill
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
What do you get when you cross a New York jewelry designer, whose ancestors were famed for making elixirs and casting curses, with a contractor from a small Southern town, noted for its haunted houses and paranormal events? Apparently, a cozy mystery with paranormal elements that includes a vengeful ghost and a chance for romance and a new life.

The first book in Ani Gonzalez’s Main Street Witches series features a business deal garnered between Liam Hagen and Kat Santelli Ramos to end the curse
Wattle
Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This is apparently a cozy mystery (I think?) but it didn't really read like one, it's more a lighthearted paranormal. Cozy paranormal? That should be a thing!

It is a spinoff of another series, Banshee Creek, which I haven't read. I don't think I missed out on anything though - and indeed, it made me curious about that series itself, which I will have
Allie
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is supposed to be a cozy mystery but the way I read it, it seemed more like a Light Paranormal with a hint of mystery.
The characters weren’t all the best but they also weren’t the best.
They were written in a way like the seemed real.
However, when it came down to the plot the characters weren’t that real.
It is definitely a fiction piece of work since no-one would do what they did.
They were able to know everything upon everything at the area in which the book took place yet when it came
Relina Skye
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Here Comes the Witch (A Paranormal Witch Cozy Mystery): (Main Street Witches #1)" is Ani Gonzalez's first novel in this "Banshee Creek" spinoff series. In previous novels, the Hagen House has been the subject of much discussion and mishaps. It is one of the largest and most haunted houses in Banshee Creek. Liam Hagen's is desperate to sell his family's manner. There has been nothing but tragic for his family ever since a witch crushed it back in the 1920s. He's so desperate that he's willing to ...more
Sydney
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Hoax or Haunt Stars

Here Comes the Witch is the first book in the Main Street Witches series by Ani Gonzalez.

This novel turned out to be exactly what I have been desperately craving and searching for. I’ve read so many different twists to everyday supernatural, witchy-woo tropes that I was feeling burned out when it came to my favorite genre. Reading this fascinating and suspense-filled tale by Ani, breathed new life into my love and devouring reading tendencies.

Katalina Santelli and Liam H
Bette
Nov 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
A town that claims it is the most haunted town in the country. Most of the original homes in town claim paranormal experiences. Liam Hagen has been remodeling and flipping house but he can’t sell his own home, it is cursed. The local Santera “wise woman”, Yolanda, has tried cleansing with no result. Yolanda recommends he try to remove the curse by marrying an heir of the woman who cursed the house and Hagen family. So Liam locates a Santelli heir, Kat Ramos and gets her to agree to a years marri ...more
Paula
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kat and Liam get married (meet for first time at wedding) in order to break a curse on their families. Did it work or is it more to it than simply saying I do? Of course they are attracted to each other, what's a good romance without chemistry? :) I liked that this was a spin off (sort of) of the Banshee Creek series. Loved that series and have read all but one of them, I'm working on it. I love paranormal books and movies and romance so this was a win win for me. Ani did a great job of slowly r ...more
Mary Lou Hoffman
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HERE COMES THE WITCH is the first book in the Main Street Witches series. It is expected that they will each stand on their own. This is a spin-off of the Banshee Creek series and interacts with characters from that series – a lot.

This was a fun and funny read. It may be a little short on mystery, but it is long on cozy for those of us who have loved the Banshee Creek series. I only wish I had more of these stories.

Title: HERE COMES THE WITCH
Series: Main Street Witches #1
Category /Genre: Cozy My
Marianela
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bewitchingly entertaining

I enjoyed this cute story of a handsome contractor, Liam, who has restored his ancestral home but now needs a bride to remove the curse placed on the house a hundred years ago. Kat, needing money to finance her jewelry business venture agrees to the marriage arrangement. It also seems that her great great aunt was the one who placed the curse.
The results were somewhat predictable, but I liked the premise, the writing, and characters that kept me interested. Romance and
Edith
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

I loved that a Latina, jewelry designer Kat Ramos is the lead in this story. Entrepreneurial, educated and strong, she reminds me of all the women in my family. But I digress. Ani Gonzalez introduces us to a very special town. The inhabitants marketing the town for what its best known for. The Paranormal. Hauntings, poltergeists, spirits malevolent and not. She has incorporated many belief systems, correctly I might add to spin a tale that captures a reader's interest. Well done Ms.
Cheryl
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
I felt like this book was a big improvement over the first 4 Banshee Creek books. There were actual paranormal elements that were included in the story, not just talked about. Also there was much more show and less tell. That could still improve a little. I'd like a little more show of the development of the relationship. We spent a lot of time with Kat and Liam separately and I feel we need to see them interact more to become more invested in them as a couple. The humor and wit is still there a ...more
Margaret Appel
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Banshee Creek attracts all sorts of paranormal critters and activity. Now it's attracting witches. Liam Hagan and his sister own the Hagan House, a cursed abode they have been unable to sell. Jewelry designer Kat Ramos comes to town, a descendent of the witch that cursed the place, in response to Liam's proposal of marriage. Can Liam and Kat break the curse & sell the place? I loved this new series that continues the tales of Banshee Creek. Looking forward to reading more! ...more
Sebanti
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is a powerful curse in the Hagen house set in motion by  Kat's ancestor and it can only be broken if Kat gets married to the current heir of Hagen house which  is Liam Hagen. It all seems very easy. She just needs to get married, isn't it? Or does the curse wants more from them?

Click on the link below for a full detailed review along with TWO excerpts from the book.
Enjoy!

Veronica Thomas
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time to read Spooktacular reads!! I really enjoyed this one. I have been in the mood for some Witchy, Vampy or Ghosty type reads that were easy to get into and not real lengthy. I have tried several cozy type reads and I just either got bored or they were way too silly for my taste. This book is funny without over doing it, not to mention this is just an awesome story line. I WILL continue the series before October is over.
Katja
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This book is part of a series that I haven't read.

A jewelry designer gets married in order to break a family curse but it doesn't turn out exactly as expected. It's a fun little book that manages to pack in an amazing lot of magic trivia in its pages - maybe a tad too much. Somehow the heroine is an instinctive superwitch and completely clueless at the same time. The Kindle edition has a few typos, eg. one of the characters has her name spelled two different ways.
ALISON A O BRIEN
Entertaining story

I liked the premise of this book, and the characters were interesting. However, the plot could have been developed more. The final quarter of the book seemed very rushed. I mean Kat is told that she is a witch, and the next thing she does is put together a very complicated spell! I would have liked some information about the research she did, but we weren't given any of that.
Josie
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Main Street Witches Series. I’ve read three of four and they are edged more into the paranormal, but please read Banshee Creek Series first. I enjoy how all the characters intertwine from book to book, series to series.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****
I thoroughly enjoy the fake marriage trope and this does not disappoint. I would have like to see more of Kat’s development as a witch, but the author does a very good job of it with the limited length of this book.
Kat Taylor
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'ts Time to Heal

You float in this happy place from the moment Kat meets Liam they're at at cross road Kat thinks she knows what she's doing,Liam truly believes this will work. Yolanda promised this would break the curce, only time will tell. What a marvelous aray of crazy caracters and different lifes passions being fallowed, each one carries paranormal to your door,it makes for a fascinating series . 😉😊🤔🙄 Kat
Kathy
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Review

I liked this book. It was a little heavier than I expected. Liam and Kat thought that if they just got married, it would break an ancient curse on his house, since they were both descendants of the original lovers.After all, they live in The Most Haunted House in the USA. Every business in town catered to ghosts and other supernatural things. But it was a little more complicated. The characters, especially the PRoVE members, were very colorful and fun.
Kathy
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Read this on my Kindle for a book challenge. Fairly short. There is a town in Virginia called Banshee Creek, and everything in the town is about the paranormal. Including the curse on the haunted Hagen House. In an attempt to break the curse, Kat and Liam, (each members of the two families) get married in an attempt to break the curse. Of course, the house retaliates and different spells are tried. It is an okay book, I felt like the ending was a let down.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Witchy Secrets (Witches of Shadow Lane #3)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #1)
  • Resting Witch Face (Widow's Bay #1)
  • Home Familiar Home (Accidental Familiar, #4)
  • Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches #5)
  • Relatively Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #2)
  • A Little Bit Witchy (A Riddler's Edge Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Enter the Witch (Witches of Whisper Grove Book 1)
  • Bad Magic and the Big Top (Blackwood Bay Witches #2)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)
  • Sweet Murder (Witches of Keyhole Lake, #1)
  • A Very Opal Halloween (Gemstone Coven Holiday Shorts Book 1)
  • Phantoms in High Fidelity (Blackwood Bay Witches #3)
  • Moonshine & Magic (Southern Charms Mystery #1)
  • Broomsticks and Bones (Blackwood Bay Witches #4)
  • The Hexorcist (A Supernatural Speakeasy Cozy Mystery, #1)
Hi! I write about smart, funny people making out (and finding corpses) in haunted houses. I like ghost stories, chocolate, and sangría.

Main Street Witches (6 books)
  • Fortune Favors The Witch (Main Street Witches, #2)
  • Some Like It Witchy (Main Street Witches, #3)
  • A Very Merry Witchmas (Main Street Witches, #4)
  • Witch Hits the Beach (Main Street Witches #5)
  • Luck of the Witchy (Main Street Witches, #6)