Start by marking “The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 2)

The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller

(The Origin Mystery #2)

3.90  ·  Rating details ·  25,819 ratings  ·  1,017 reviews
The Atlantis Plague is the second book in The Origin Mystery, the blockbuster trilogy that has sold over two million copies in the US, has been translated into eighteen languages, and is in development to be a major motion picture.
__________________________________________________________________

A PANDEMIC 70,000 YEARS IN THE MAKING...
WILL CHANGE HUMANITY...
FOREVER.

_______
Published November 16th 2013 by Riddle Inc.

To ask other readers questions about The Atlantis Plague, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  25,819 ratings  ·  1,017 reviews

Ron Smith
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book very much. I did some side research on the information referred to and found much of it was at least seriously discussed in the science world, much of it seemed to be serious science. The most unbelievable parts were based on real science. That added a lot of credibility for me, dispensing with the disbelief thing, helped me get in to the story better and added a lot of interest. I now want to follow up on some of the ideas just because its so interesting.

The story co
Caprice Hokstad
I rate it about 2.4
I spent 75% of this book confused and millimeters away from not finishing at all. The plot is convoluted. Too much to try to keep straight. The sci-fi gets so "advanced" that it's more like magic and with about the same amount of explanation.
It was a bit too convenient that one of the main characters was an Atlantean (alien) and KNEW just about everything the plot sought to answer, but didn't happen to remember whatever Very Important Point until some dramatic moment (when th
Timothy Miyahara
A.G. Riddle’s second offering in The Origin Trilogy again offers a fast-paced adventure wrapper around a complex plot weaving fiction with hard science and true history into a story delivering more twists than a bag of taffy (the Berlin Patient cured of HIV is factual). Fans of science-fiction will want to not miss this debut trilogy from a writer who will become a major player in the genre.

The Atlantis Plague picks up right where The Atlantis Gene left off, and is just as complex, meaning the r
Cathrine Takazaki
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would call this book a guilty pleasure. The author does keep the pace up so that I found myself reading the book at 4 a.m. just to finish it. I call it a guilty pleasure because the plot line is rather fantastic and the villains are too two dimensional, but it was a good read.
Annmarie (Annie) Kostyk
Second book in the trilogy. Not usually a sci-fan fan, but this is a great story. It has it all - history, science, and on the edge of your seat, page turning excitement. Self-published too.
Serap S.D.
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 tan 5...Kitaba bayıldım, yazar, notunda da belirttiği gibi okur görüşlerini dikkate alarak ilk kitaptan çok daha akıcı bir kitap yazmış...benim için tek eksisi 250-300 sayfa aralığındaki tarihi genetik açıklamalardı, o bölümde kitaptan koptum çok ayrıntı vardı keşke iki üç sayfada bıktırmadan bağlantı kursaydı...ordan yarım yıldız gitti ...ama siz böyle bağlantı kurulmasını beğenebilirsiniz de ben kitaplarda bu tarz tarihi bilimsel açıklama, bağlantı sevmiyorum.3.kitap Atlantis Dünyası için ...more
Glenn O'Bannon
Muddled story, boring plot.

I really liked the first book in this series so I am shocked at how BAD this one is.

The story just drones on and the plot is often overly-detailed and your attention tends to drift while reading it. There is very little action. The author knew where he wanted to take us but did a poor job of taking us there.

The characters I liked so much in the first book changed significantly, often for the worse. Their jobs changed significantly. The evil people didn't seem to have m
Olga
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, scifi
Second book in series, follows The Atlantis Gene.
When I finished reading The Atlantis Gene, I thought: Wow, I want to know what's next! I checked A. G. Riddle personal site for updates at least couple of times a month, until I saw that the second book was available on Amazon!
Overall, the ending of the Gene (I'll call The Atlantis Gene so) was in my opinion, a bit hurried, like the author didn't have enough time to finish the book. So that several important events were described on the last coupl
Tyler Moore
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

This was a book that got better and better page by page. The true definition of a page turner. Can't wait to read the final book.
George Mazurek)
Worse than Atlantic gene. I couldnt finish it... ...more
Jestin VanScoyoc
Apr 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes its full of cliches. Yes its a fast paced hollywood script style of flashing one scene to another. I enjoyed it though so who cares about its faults or short comings - on to book 3
Tory Michaels
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindleunlimited
I couldn't put these books down and had to keep going until I devoured this book. Probably this is my favorite of the three.
Cherie
It was hard to keep up with all of the players and the different sides of the activities, but it was a wild, wild ride, and I absolutely cannot wait to see what is going to happen in the final book. I what to see David and Kate again.

I am glad I had the ebook at my finger tips as I was listening to Stephen Bel Davies narrate the audio version to me.
Kelli Starick
This was another free book from the Kindle lending library. I enjoyed the first book enough to finish it and read this one but my interest quickly faded. The 2nd book dragged on for me seemingly forever in the middle but picked up a bit near the end just enough for me to stick with it but I'm not sure I need to see where book 3 ends up. There were some neat ideas but many of them were just a bit too far fetched for me to believe. Things started to get a bit too cliche/predictable for me as well ...more
Cara Hulett
Great read! Couldn't put it down!

I absolutely loved this book. It was just as good or better than the first book. It had everything a great story and adventure needed: suspense, the perfect amount of romance, action, mystery and thrills. I can't wait to read the end of this trilogy.

If you liked Dan Brown's, The Davinci Code or Digital Fortress, you'll love this series. Thank you to the author for allowing me to experience your wonderful story.
Olivia "Don't Blame Me I Voted for Hillary"
This book wasn't as good as its prequel The Atlantis Gene, which was wonderfully weird. The first half of The Atlantis Plague was slow. While it did pick up in the second half of the book the slow first half made this book not good enough to give five stars to.
Leni - The White Book Cottage
3,5 Stars Find it on Dog Eared Book

It took me a bit longer to get through this ones… Once again we have a Science Fiction Novel, heavy on the Science Part. This was again a part I really enjoyed but one had to concentrate, so one would not miss an important sentence or explanation.

In addition to scientific explanations we get a lot of historical background about Malta where I just kind of started to zone out…

As in Part 1 we do have a lot of characters which is sometimes a big confusion to actual
Catherine
Not easy to read. The writing did get better in the second book and the characters improved as well. But there were some that seemed that they would be important to a story line that weren't, so the introduction of so many at the very beginning was confusing. The action lines go on too long without contributing anything additional to the story or characters. The basic mystery of the plot is the main thing that kept me reading although not enough to care about any further novels, at least not unt ...more
Ian Walker
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the beginning, I was thrilled.

This was because I was now reading from a viewpoint I had very much hoped might be included. It didn't disappoint and in fact, only became more and more intriguing.

I'm not a fan of religion (an understatement) but really didn't mind the links which were sewn here.

Of course, I have already started on the third and I'm now hoping there will be future excursions into this rich and clever story.
Gina Briganti
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riddle went from a good writer to a great writer with The Altantis Plague. What was started in The Atlantis Gene picks up fantastic momentum and nuance in this story. The book is both character and story driven. So many are one or the other. This sci-fi thriller has it all - action, adventure, alien technology, twisty plots and intrigue.

Riddle is one of my favorite new writers. I forgot that I was reading the story. It felt like I was in it. I highly recommend this series.
Bud
Just finished this book. Like it's predecessor, The Atlantis Gene, I was unable to put it down and looked forward when I had 15 or 20 minutes to read more. It is a good follow on to the first part of the trilogy and you get to learn more about the characters involved. You also get some suspense. Mr. Riddle does a good job of making you attempt to figure out who the bad guys really are. Can't wait for the third book.
Abduraafi Andrian
Akhirnya pekerjaanku selesai. Dengan ini, aku menyatakan untuk memasukkan genre fiksi-ilmiah ke dalam rak bukuku.

Entah bagaimana, walaupun sering kali tidak mengerti dengan apa yang dijabarkan, aku menikmati setiap kalimat yang ada di dalamnya. Ceritanya tak membosankan, dan alur cepat dan tak mudah ditebak menambah kenikmatan membacaku.

Kate dan David bisa menjadi pasangan favorit.
Sam Miller
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

This was just as captivating as the first. I can't wait to start the Atlantis World and see what happens next. I know I won't be disappointed. I highly recommend this to anyone with a passion for science and the unknown.
cynthia
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

The second installment of the trilogy did not disappoint. Loved the historical and anthropological references would highly recommend it to everyone. And I cannot wait for the movie!

James Bauer
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series It will really make you think. Very well written and the author did some home work for the story line. Great series and would highly recommend.
Philip
Jun 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one sat and sat in my book drawer.

Why was that you old twit eh ?

I'd realised early on that by adopting a scatter gun approach to picking up books when I came across them, I ended up with volume 3 of this, volume 2 of that and so on. And so it was to prove in this instance. No idea where I found this copy, more than likely a Oxfam or a Screw Ryder shop I suspect. It was like new. Don't think it had been read. I wonder why.

I liked the cut of it's jib. Interesting cover, interesting screed on
Jeremysw
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Woah! Second book, better than the first! How often does that happen?!? I struggled to put this book down. It's still got some of that 'made to be a movie' feel to it, but I still stand by that not always being a bad thing. It continues to gluttonously feed that 10 year old part of my brain that could never seem to get enough of the idea of a lost ancient civilization. If that over-caffeinated, sugar-addled brain had been able to focus enough to write the coolest story about Atlantis ever, this ...more
Joan Schumacher
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of this series did not disappoint. I fond it hard t put down. A must read for people who are interested in anthropological history. A wealth of knowledge intertwined into this sci-fi-fi thriller. Moving immediately into Book 3.
Nadjab
Erste Sätze
Die Forscherin schlug die Augen auf und schüttelte den Kopf, um die Benommenheit loszuwerden. Das Schiff hatte den Aufwachprozess beschleunigt.

Klappentext
Das tödliche Erbe von Atlantis
Einst starteten die Bewohner von Atlantis ein genetisches Evolutionsexperiment ... Heute ist unsere Welt eine andere ... Seit 78 Tagen breitet sich die pandemische Atlantis-Seuche mit rasender Geschwindigkeit aus, hervorgerufen durch den mysteriösen Immari-Geheimbund ... Millionen von Menschen sterben ..
Hmm. This installment in the series really upped the "weird". The first book was a race to stop an outbreak, with a tiny splash of aliens, and of course Nazi bad guys; it was still grounded in enough reality that you could easily accept the plot. Book 2 introduces a lot of strange things and unreal technology quickly at the beginning and doesn't really stop. Now we have a lot of aliens, spirit possession/reincarnation, a bad guy that can't be killed, and the human population of the world is deci ...more
  • The Belial Ring (Belial #3)
  • Revelations (Extinction Point #3)
  • Immune (The Rho Agenda, #2)
  • Critical Path (Critical, #2)
  • Ragnarok (Chess Team Adventure, #4)
  • The Seeds of New Earth (The Silent Earth, #2)
  • Cruel World
  • The Dystopia Chronicles (Atopia, #2)
  • Simon Says: Tips for the Intrepid Time Traveler (The Chronos Files, #3.5)
  • The Settlers (Movement Trilogy, #1)
  • A Rap Upon Heaven's Gate (Sand, #5)
  • The Dead World (The Dead Room Trilogy #2)
  • The Diver (The Runner, #2)
  • The Silo Archipelago
A.G. Riddle spent ten years starting internet companies before retiring to pursue his true passion: writing fiction.

His debut novel, The Atlantis Gene, is the first book in The Origin Mystery, the trilogy that has sold a million copies in the US, is being translated into 19 languages, and is in development at CBS Films to be a major motion picture. The trilogy will be in bookstores (in hardcover a

The Origin Mystery (3 books)
  • The Atlantis Gene (The Origin Mystery, #1)
  • The Atlantis World (The Origin Mystery, #3)
“Yes, it’s a lie, but the media repeated it, and a lie repeated becomes perception, and perception is reality. Perception is also very hard to change.” 20 likes
“Fight hard and don’t fear death. There are far worse things in life—one being living a life you aren’t proud of.” 19 likes