Start by marking “Watching the Sky Cry” as Want to Read:
Watching the Sky Cry

Watching the Sky Cry

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Ten years is a long time when you’re thirty-two. We’d seen our share of ups and downs, but I could honestly say they were mostly up.

That’s the thing about happiness though. It lulls you into a false sense of security. I’m sure neither one of us thought we’d ever be touched by crippling loss or immeasurable grief. But not all stories have a happy ending and I knew better t

To ask other readers questions about Watching the Sky Cry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watching the Sky Cry

Paige
4 "Meant To Be" Stars

I love when a story isn't exactly what I expected especially when it's emotional and I'm unable to put it down. Watching the Sky Cry was as beautiful a second chance romance as the gorgeous cover predicted. It was also more than that. It was a story of young love, moving on, and facing the worst things in life and still being able to love with a whole heart.

This is the story of Riley and the two loves of her life. Marriage isn't easy and Riley and Nick would be one of the fi
  KAT ⚛ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⚛
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"J.B. Hartnett" In exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TITLE: Watching the Sky Cry
AUTHOR: J.B. Hartnett
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 22 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: September 2016

MY RATING: 4.5 STARS Image and video hosting by TinyPic

WATCHING THE SKY CRY: Spoken in Riley's own words, retelling the happiest times of her life when her husband Nick proposed, to getting married, buying their first house, and doing it up room by room, only to have it all come cru
 Naqelle
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
“I love you. I’ve loved you since I understood what the word meant. I love who you are now, who you were then. And I’m gonna love you no matter what happens tomorrow, or next week, or next year.”

I really enjoyed this book by J.b Hartnett its my first book by this author and I have to say this is a great powerful emotional read that had me at times feeling sad, happy, overwhelmed and in the end loving every word this author wrote.
I cant say much about this book because I dont want to sp
Dani
An emotional journey and I wouldn't have it any other way. This is my first book by J.B. Hartnett and I am already looking for the next one. This book was everything you want in a heart wrenching, emotionally driven, incredibly beautiful read.

The words were filled with sadness, hope, love, despair, and every other emotion in between. When you start this book, you're pulled into Riley's world and you're not released until the very last page because you're not only the reader, you become her frie
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by TRSOR promotions for my hones review.

Great second chance romance about hope, love and healing!

Right after reading this blurb I knew this will be an emotional read, so I prepared myself.
It's real, raw and angsty.

Sometimes, there are good people who are dealt a bad hand by fate, and Riley is one of them.

Two years after her beloved husband Nick passed away, she is still mourning.
From the very beginning you can picture her as half the woman she used to be.
She is a young
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I really struggled with this story. I felt a real disconnect with the characters and storyline (s). So many things/events happened in this book but they are almost skimmed over which made it hard for me to really feel anything but confusion.

I like a second chance love story but I felt that the author threw so much angst, drama and plot lines
into this that I got distracted from real story between Quentin & Rylie. In my opinion, this book should have been about them with the other characters i
AJ
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 emotional, second-chance stars

Wow, I loved this book! Heartbreaking, emotional and dramatic with a beautiful second-chance-romance, this book captured me from the very beginning, and I absolutely loved it!

Rylie was living a wonderfully happy life until a twist of fate saw everything change. Slowly and painfully, she lost everything and she was left all alone and unable to deal with her grief. Two years later and she’s finally hit rock bottom, and with no idea where to turn and desperate for
Shayna
An absolutely beautiful, heartbreaking, and poignant romance. An unputdownable, second chance love story about allowing yourself to love again, against all odds...against all circumstances...against all risks. The pain is worth the fall......

"You are my heart. You are my savior. You are my sky."

This books reminds me of the time I was first introduced to Ms. Hartnett's work with INKY. When I finished, I had completely fallen in love with her writing. It's beautiful, almost poetic at times, and
Addicted2Books
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone Addicted to Romance Novels!!
Recommended to Addicted2Books by: TRSOR PROMOTIONS

description

Wow. This is one heavy book. Death, suicidal ideation, family secrets? I'm just amazed. This is a beautifully tragic story that hit me straight in the heart. I admit it, I ugly cried.

This book is nothing like the normal drama, sexy romance novels I normally read. I connected with the characters. I connected with their pain and angst. Bravo to the author. I want more more more! I know it's a standalone but PLEASE write a spin-off or sequel! Check Out My Full Angsty Review!

Stalk Addicted2books
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from author for an honest review

From the minute I read the synopsis of this book a little while ago, I knew that this was going to be one I would definitely be reading.

I also knew it was going to be an emotional read.

And it was that and so much more.

From the first word to the last, I was swept away with this story. A truly beautiful second chance love story.

Rylie's story is as tragic as it is beautiful. So many things have happened to her in her life - but all of those things broug
Heather C
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sept-2016
~ 3.5 Stars ~

I actually randomly stumbled upon J.B. Hartnett a year or so ago when I found her The Leaves Series, which I really enjoyed. When I read the blurb for Watching the Sky Cry, I felt like it was going to be an epic story and when I made the connection of who the author was, I couldn’t have been more excited.

This is a beautiful second chance story laced with a lot of ups and downs and healing. Riley is lucky enough to find love twice. Once when she was very young and again when she is
Elmarie Parker
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Karen Harper
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review is going to be different to any other review I’ve written for two reasons. First of all, Watching the Sky Cry is different from any other book I’ve read and I don’t think I could compare it to any other book I’ve read. Secondly, I want to convince you why you should read this book.
When you first look at a new book, what catches your attention first? For me, it’s the cover. In this case, it was the cover and the title. This cover is different from most books in that it doesn’t feature
Suzanne
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was sheer heartbreak right from the start. Those first few pages, I was so emotionally vested in the world that Hartnett created. My heart broke so much for Rylie. I could only imagine the pain she went through. What I really loved about this book is the healing that happened. How it was written and the time Rylie needed to take before Quentin could come back into her life. These two have such history. And boy is it tumultuous. So many secrets come to light and they have to move on fro ...more
Sharon
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG what a great story about finding love not only once but twice in your lifetime! These two were destined to be together, they just needed the stars to align their lives! I can't say enough about this story!

This book was so beautifully written, so much going on but not at all hard to follow! I laughed, I cried! 5+ stars for this one, grab your copy today!

Three Chicks
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

I always look forward to a new book from Jb Hartnett. I have read all of her books and I think this one just may be my new favorite. I finished this book a few days ago and was giving my self some time to collect my thoughts to write a review in a way that would do this book justice. Because truthfully I am not sure how to do that. I loved this book from the moment I started reading it. I love a second chance romance and this one did not disappoint. It was a beautifu
Mari
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Watching the Sky Cry is story that tells Rylie's journey from happiness to grief to struggling to move on to finding a second chance at love. It's a pretty emotional story, I seem to be on a roll with those lately, sometimes I needed to take a breather cause heavy stuff. It's hard not to feel caught up in the heartbreak. Her reconnecting from someone in the past is sweet and connection strong, yet you know it will not be smooth nor easy.

"Once you get past the fear, you realize the thrill is wort
Becca
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I get a certain thrill every time I get one of Julie's books. I know that I'm going to go on a journey, that more than likely I will be crying at some point and by the end I'll be soaring after having been racked with emotions, hope and healing.

It took me a few days to wrap my mind around what I wanted to say but just know that I think Julie is one of hidden treasures in this industry and more people should be reading these amazing stories she writes.

Riley is a mess. Growing up her best friend
Melanie
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Secrets, secrets and more secrets. This book is filled with them. I loved this story, it is breathtakingly beautiful. Second chance at love and life makes for an emotional rollercoaster ride this book takes you on.
Books Laid Bare
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one woman’s story about what it takes to not only find but accept that life and love are worth the effort, not just once but twice.
Riley and Quinton had history, it was deep in their past and that was where it was meant to stay, right up until the time it wasn’t…right up until the time it was ok to accept that sometimes all you need is to give yourself the permission to accept, to let your heart and head read from the same page and to understand that every day is a blessing and refusing
Jazmin
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jazmin’s Review
5 amazing stars!!!

Has it ever happened to you when you get a book thinking it’s going to be a good book but it ends up exceeding your expectations? Well that’s what happened to me with this book.

Going in I knew it would be an emotional read and I don’t tend to read many second chance books or any books that are bittersweet, but when I read the blurb I got intrigued. I’m such a baby and have a weak heart so I was sobbing throughout the book. Sometimes there were happy tears and som
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Watching the Sky Cry had all the makings of a great book. Tragic loss. Second chance romance. Life-altering secrets. More love than a person could ever hope for. Yet, I felt a disconnect from the entire thing.
There were parts of Watching the Sky Cry that were perfectly wonderful. The overall storyline was amazing, and something that would normally be one of my top reads of the year. The depth of emotion that JB Hartnett was able to convey with her words is something all authors should strive for
Verna Loves Books
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Watching the Sky Cry by J.B. Hartnett will take you on an emotional roller coaster that will in the end, have you thrilled you had the pleasure of experiencing it.

J.B. Hartnett did an amazingly beautiful job writing this story. It pulled at every heart string I had and then some. I was so in love with the story as soon as it began and by the ending, I was so overwhelmed with everything that happened.

So if you enjoy a story that’s filled with love, heartache, growth and is just gut wrenching at
Becca
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description

I knew deep down I had to read this book. I loved J.B. Hartnett's previous book - absolute re-reads - so I was sure this won't be a disappointment. And I was right.
The blurb's already caught my attention, and Hartnett's name was attached to it, so I took it as a guarantee. And this book was one of the best reads of the year.

description

It was so real it hurts. Made my heart hurt in a very good way. I loved every moments of it. Words can't express how gripping was it for me. It was bittersweet yet not overac
Shelly's Book Corner
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beth-s-reviews
Such an emotional ride. Second chances with sadness, hope and love. This gut wrenching story from J.B Hartnet will leave you heartache, tears and joy. Bring your tissues because you will need them.

Rylie had two loves. Childhood and adult loves. When she was younger, she fell in love with her childhood sweetheart. But when she got older, she left her home and eventually met her husband.
However, through heartache and tears. Her life was over and she needed a new start and to go back "home".

When
Kim
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you like you're like me and a sucker for a second chance at love story, then J.B. Hartnett's Watching the Sky Cry just the story for you. Get your tissues ready because Riley's story of how she found love with Nick only to find it all falling apart and grieving, and then reconnecting with Quentin and finding love a second time is so emotionally charged and beautifully written.

The characters are complex and their journey to love is not smooth--which makes you want so much for them to find hap
Pamela
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Maria Angie Mendoza
Sep 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A heart felt, gut wrenching story of second chances and forgiveness.
I couldn't put down this beautifully written, angsty emotional story.
Riley's life was so tragic and the journey she decides to take took a lot of heart and guts! I won't say any more not to give anything away. This is the type of read that takes you on a personal emotional journey.
Despite it, Riley learned the hard way not to take anything for granted and to love again.
Love isn't always easy or pretty, but it's so worth it.
ItaPixie
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

I was lured into reading Watching the Sky Cry by the beautiful title and the intriguing blurb but when I finished this story I felt like it was missing something,maybe there were too many different plots to follow or maybe it was the disjointed telling.

Rylie and Quentin's complicated reunion broke my heart page after page,I could easily imagine how difficult it can be to find your way back into the life of your first love after twenty years. Fortunately I felt relieved when I turned the last pa

Renee at Book Happiness
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say I LOVE LOVE J.B Hartnett she truly pulls the wringer and has this amazing ability to break your heart and then sew back together.

This book even after days have gone by I am still having a hard time writing this review...

This book is beautiful in a way that almost makes you weep.. Such a beautiful second chance romance that will have you rooting for them!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Julie is a southern California native, a fan of a really good story (preferably a romance with a happily ever after), really good pie (preferably pumpkin)and copious amounts of coffee (preferably Folgers).

She has always enjoyed writing and at one time thought she might be a singer/songwriter. The 'writer' part is that one that stuck.

Julie is obsessed with Pi...the equation and the food. She's alle
More about J.B. Hartnett...
“This isn’t…” I hiccupped, “how I imagined this going.”
“Yeah?” he said softly. “How’d you imagine it?”
“We would have it out, and then we’d have angry sex, and then we’d fall in love and have babies and live happily ever after.”
See? Honesty.
“Oh Rylie,” he said with humor in his voice, not at all bothered when he wiped the edges of my disgusting mouth with his hand. “I’ll be pissing you off again…probably on purpose just so we can have that angry sex you just mentioned.”
0 likes
“You have always and will always be my first. My first love, the first girl I ever kissed, the first girl I ever touched. The mind is a powerful thing, and I know for a fact the fantasy of you will always be better than the reality of anyone else. You are my heart. You are my saviour. You are my sky.” 0 likes