Start by marking “The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3)

The Scarecrow Queen

(The Sin Eater’s Daughter #3)

The final battle is coming . . .

As the Sleeping Prince tightens his hold on Lormere and Tregellan, the net closes in on the ragged band of rebels trying desperately to defeat him. Twylla and Errin are separated, isolated, and running out of time. The final battle is coming, and Aurek will stop at nothing to keep the throne forever . . .

Explosive, rich and darkly addictive,
Published October 31st 2017 by Scholastic Press (first published March 2nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Scarecrow Queen, please sign up.
christina I was wondering the same – I have asked the author on both twitter and instagram and have not gotten a response yet, if I hear anything I will repost.…moreI was wondering the same – I have asked the author on both twitter and instagram and have not gotten a response yet, if I hear anything I will repost. (less)

Start your review of The Scarecrow Queen (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #3)
Simona B
3.5

“I'm tired of taking people's sins on myself.
I'm tired of running away from everything.”

•I loved The Sin Eater's Daughter and crazily enjoyed The Sleeping Prince. I was dead sure The Scarecrow Queen was going to be a huge triumph. I had no precise expectations regarding what exactly was going to happen, only this general conviction that whatever it would be, it would be on point. Instead, funnily, what this book did was precisely to destroy my certainty: with every page I turned, it was like
Candace Robinson
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! This was the perfect end to this series! I only wish that Silas would have been in the book more. I loved reading from both Twylla and Erinn's point of views! Plus Aurek is one if the best villains ever!! Full review on my blog https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20... ...more
Nastassja

Actual rating: 3.5 stars

What is it about the anticipated last books of the series that let me down lately: first A Conjuring of Light, then The Ship Beyond Time, and now this one. Sure, I gave all three high ratings (though this one is rounded to 3 after much consideration), but I was faaaar from being satisfied with them.

The Sin eater's daughter was an unexpected surprise for me back in October; maybe because I didn't wait anything at all from the book, I was so pleasantly surprised by it. The

Patricia Crowther
Genuinely just love everything about this whole series. It's so underrated!!
Elena Salvatore
This wasn't the best last book in a series I have ever read but neither was it the worst.
description

We pick right off where the last book ended. Errin got abducted by the Sleeping Prince who had help from her brother Lief. Silas was abducted too and only Twylla, Nia and Sister Hope are left to find a way to kill Aurek once and for all.

In the entire book we are preparing ourselves for the upcoming battle only to have it last about 5 minutes.
description

We get a few chapters about Errin and her abuse in the Palace and h
Stacee
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
This was one hell of an ending. I loved everything about it, especially the last couple of chapters.

Perhaps I'll write a better review once I've had time to digest it.
Hollis
Hello. I am a hot mess of emotions.

I have no idea what to say. Everything is spoilery. But I'll say this : THE SCARECROW QUEEN was kickass and awful and wonderful and I cried over things I didn't expect would hurt me and I'm really happy about the ending.

That's probably as good as it's going to get here.
Katrin D
I don't know what I'll do without the awesomeness this series is...
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
description

"In every fairy tale there is a kernel of truth, and that is the truth of this one. For him, I am poison. I am his death. And I will deliver."

Actual rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

I am so happy with this ending! Seriously, the ending of this book was probably the best YA series ending I've read in a long, long time.

In truth this whole book was enjoyable. It truly portrays the way the land (the whole of it) is under siege from Aurek, how cruel he is and how far he is willing to go to stay in power
Yoda
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Melinda Salisbury, thank you for not destroying this with a shitty ending!
I liked how it ended especially what happened to Leif. Not to mention the very last page which just made me love this series so much more.

This is probably the only series where switching between characters every other chapter or so wasn´t annoying. Mostly because she didn´t have a cliff hanger every chapter, which was great!
Kathy - Books & Munches
This was TONS better than The Sleeping Prince!

Switching between the POV's we got to know - Twylla and Errin - you're immersed in the story entirely. The moment you start wondering what the other party's up to, POV's are switched and your questions answered.
The pace felt better to me as well. There were some slow parts, but all in all this novel had the pace I was missing desperately in the previous book.

No regrets reading this series!

4 / 5
Alex M.
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Argh. I don't even know where to start. This wasn't for me.

I don't quite know what I expected to happen, but nothing does.
- Twylla

I feel like the story deserved a bit more. It felt rushed and without a meaning, the characters were talking all the time about things that had nothing to do with the main plot and they were wasting time day dreaming. Also, it was really annoying to see how Twylla was getting all her ideas and fantastic plans just starring into the distance. No brainstorming, to t
Minni Mouse
I mean sure...but I mainly skimmed this for Errin's narratives. And where was Silas at?

THE GOOD
1) Plot twists up to the end...somewhat.

2) Lief. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

3) Aurek. Convincing villain.

THE BAD
1) Couldn't care less for Twylla or her Rising Dawn Rebellion, which was what most of the book focused on.

2) Not enough Errin, Silas, or Merek.

3) Terrible treatment of Silas's character. Do we basically not get more than ten words from him?

F
Maddie
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 3.5 stars
Best book of the series! Loved seeing all the characters come together and fight evil, and I was really pleased at the trajectories of character relationships.
Katerina Kondrenko
8.5 out of 10

It could be 10-star-read, but fucking Twylla screwed it all. Why only a few chapters from Errin's POV and tones of Twyllas ugly thoughts. I grew on her a little in the Sleeping Prince, I was wrong. She such an annoying brat, I can't even! I said, I want, I need, I rule, if not you all betray me! Go die. I also rolled my eyes at the attempt to (view spoiler).

The writing was brill
Maggie ☘
“In every fairy tale there is a kernel of truth, and that is the truth of this one. For him, I am poison. I am his death. And I will deliver.”

I enjoyed this final book way more than Sin Eater's Daughter, but less than The Sleeping Prince.
There was also way more Twylla than Errin. And to my great sadness, Silas was only in two shortest scenes ever.

While Twylla will never be among my favourite characters, she did get better in the last part of this book (though the Rising Dawn thing felt a bi
Tamara
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
I really could not stand Twylla. She was so annoying and childish. Even when she
-out of nowhere-become this great leader. And I hate how selfish she is. All she wants is the glory of victory, not what the victory holds. Merek was only slightly better. He was stupid for a person raised to be king. Honestly, Leif was the only character I 100% enjoyed to read. Errin and Salis, I felt, were insignificant. The series stared with Twylla and I felt the author wanted to end with her story. Bu
Andy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, own-ebook
3.5/5

This was okay. Some parts were better than others, but a lot of this was boring and depressing. Especially watching Errin being manipulated and manhandled by the Sleeping Prince. The ending had a bunch of action thrown together really quickly that it felt a bit out of place. And I still have questions about some of the characters after the end. I wish there had been an epilogue. This one didn't surprise me as much as the first two, it felt like the world was not as incredible it had been th
Lucy
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

I did enjoy this series but I didn't love it. I never really felt connected to any of the characters, and although I enjoyed the plot, it was a bit predictable. (view spoiler). Overall a good series but I don't think I would read it again.
Nicole Sweeney
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Review originally posted on The Bibliophile Chronicles.

When you find a series you really love, you become incredibly attached to the characters. You root for them, you hope they succeed, that everything will work out for them. When the conclusion for that series gets announced, a certain amount of trepidation comes along with it. What if the ending doesn’t do the series justice? What if all those questions you have aren’t answered? What if you’re left feeling unsatisfied?

Well, let me dispel your
Catherine Doyle
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Epic.
Kate Ormand
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars aren't enough!
Michelle
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scarecrow Queen has been a book I have been desperate to read for what feels like forever. The wait to find out what happen for Twylla and Errin has to have been the longest wait in the world...but it was so worth it.

The Scarecrow Queen tells us a story in three parts, the first part we spend time with Twylla as she travels through villages, and countryside, looking for friends, looking for aid, and a way to stop Aurek once and for all. Her journey is a perilous one and she is met with the e
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 3.5-4

*Thoughts*

The Scarecrow Queen is the third and final installment in author Melinda Salisbury's The Sin Eater's Daughter Trilogy. This story picks up right where The Sleeping Prince left off. This is a different sort of story. The author intermingles narratives between Twylla, and Errin. Twylla, who survived the brutal attack on the Conclave by the Sleeping Prince gets the first part of the story, while Errin, who finds herself at the merc
Reyes
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
That was a let down ☹

Mild spoilers ahead!

Everything happened exactly as I expected it would, and not in a good way. Twylla was every bit as dull and infuriating as she was in the first book. The Errin I loved in Sleeping Prince was nowhere to be found. Silas was literally absent from the whole book until the last 10 pages. Merek's infatuation with Twylla was both unfathomable and annoying. At the end of Sleeping Prince I had hopes for Lief, but that final attempt at redemption complrtely ruined
christina
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great ending to a great series and I HIGHLY recommend it!! I loved the story arc of all the characters and I think it had a really nice resolution. I also think that this series could have easily been 4 books. I just loved the world the author created in these books and wanted MORE! Also a plus, the "kind of love triangle" was easily and naturally resolved as well.

------------------------

The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1 ★★★★★
The Sleeping Prince, #2 ★★★★☆
The Scarecrow Queen, #3 ★★★★☆
Marie the Librarian
This was a solid ending to a solid fantasy-series! I love how much Twylla has grown, and all the characters really. Its an epic and good paced ending to a trilogy.
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
I had read The Sin Eater’s Daughter and The Sleeping Prince one after the other in quick succession and had quite enjoyed the series thus far. But I picked up The Scarecrow Queen after a bit of a gap and with great apprehension. What if the series isn’t what I remember it like? Or what if the third and final instalment doesn’t live up to the rest of the books? I started reading this book with these questions on my mind.

The story is told from twin point of view and they are that of Errin and Twyl
Kelly
WOW!! This book was one hell of a read and I loved every second. I absolutely devoured this in just a few hours; it’s definitely a book that is hard to put down. After speeding through the first two books in the trilogy I was super excited to get my hands on this book and it did not disappoint! It was an epic conclusion to a glorious trilogy!

The Scarecrow Queen picks up exactly just after where we left off in The Sleeping Prince. Are we eased into the story line? No. We are thrown straight into
Lizzie Huxley-Jones
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hold up, this is the final book in a trilogy! If you haven’t read The Sin Eater’s Daughter or The Sleeping Prince, check out their reviews first as this will contain spoilers for them both. But let me say while you are here, this is one of my all-time favourite series. Not just of YA. Of anything.

Okay spoilers abound for the previous two from here on out.

I don’t think any of us were prepared for this book. In The Scarecrow Queen, Salisbury’s writing shifts into full gear, giving us a rip roaring
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Frozen Reign (Burning Glass, #3)
  • Crystal Blade (Burning Glass, #2)
  • Viper (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #1)
  • Venom (Isles of Storm and Sorrow #2)
  • Frozen (Taken, #2)
  • Forged (Taken, #3)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Evolution (Dark Matter, #3)
  • Tilly and the Buttons: Make it Simple: Easy, Speedy Sewing Projects to Whip up in an Afternoon
  • Bangkok Days
  • 68 Days And Counting
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Rosebush
  • The Loop (The Loop Trilogy, #1)
  • Tales from Sand & Sea (Rebel of the Sands, #0.5)
  • The Challenger (Contender, #2)
  • Unleashed
  • How to Break an Evil Curse (Chronicles of Fritillary, #1)
Melinda Salisbury lives by the sea, somewhere in the south of England. As a child she genuinely thought Roald Dahl’s Matilda was her biography, in part helped by her grandfather often mistakenly calling her Matilda, and the local library having a pretty cavalier attitude to the books she borrowed. Sadly she never manifested telekinetic powers. She likes to travel, and have adventures. She also lik ...more

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (3 books)
  • The Sin Eater's Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1)
  • The Sleeping Prince (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #2)