Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Doing Happiness: Uncovering the Hidden Benefits of Feeling Good” as Want to Read:
Doing Happiness: Uncovering the Hidden Benefits of Feeling Good
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Doing Happiness: Uncovering the Hidden Benefits of Feeling Good

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews
60% of happiness is not up to us. This book is about the other 40%.

"Doing Happiness: Uncovering The Hidden Benefits of Feeling Good" reveals the simple but profound techniques that are scientifically proven to help you be happier everyday. You'll also learn how "Doing Happiness" will make your work easier, improve your health and enrich your relationships.

Doing Happiness c
Kindle Edition, 126 pages
Published March 31st 2016
More Details... Edit Details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Doing Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doing Happiness

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

Showing 1-7
it was amazing Average rating 5.00  · 
Rating details
 ·  5 ratings  ·  4 reviews

More filters
Sort order
Start your review of Doing Happiness: Uncovering the Hidden Benefits of Feeling Good
Alaina Cyr
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Easy read full of pragmatic advice on how to do happiness every day. As the title suggests, Robert approaches happiness as an activity rather than an end goal and provides a smorgasbord of happiness increasing options for the reader, all supported by research. This book is a great reminder to do the little things that make life great. I've already caught myself starfishing before meetings and dancing in the elevator.
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. In a very light and humourous style, Hawke tells us how we can be happier on a day to day basis. Not only is this book easy to read its also very useful. I wish I had known about this stuff years ago. It would have made things a lot better. Many thanks!!
Marcel Pierre
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Remember that serenity prayer, the one about the courage to change things you can and the wisdom to know the difference? This is that. Forget "being" happy... what about "doing" it? From top to finish, this is a welcome addition to a growing collection of books I'm assembling that deal with happiness. A friendly, conversational writer, Hawke's book feels like a great chat over a great cup of coffee. Need sage advice in troubling times? Or just a nice, light and humorous refresher on what you're ...more
Jonas Sydney
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There have been many books about happiness and how to achieve it, but this author doesn't only tell us that we should be happy, he tells us 'why' and backs it up with evidence (all the while keeping it an easy and fun read).

I got three main things out of this book: (1) Happiness is not just an end in itself, it is also a means to other ends - like health and productivity; (2) It's not just about 'being' happy, it's about DOING happiness. It reminds me that I have things I can control and manage
Robert Hawke
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Garvin Thomas
marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2017
Ana Patricia
marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2020
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »

News & Interviews

Need another excuse to treat yourself to a new book this week? We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. To create our...
22 likes · 16 comments