Start by marking “Summer Research” as Want to Read:
Summer Research

Summer Research

Presenting his research at the annual academic mega-conference is supposed to provide the answer to Jonah's dilemma.

Instead, Congress brings him Xavier. Loud-mouthed, flamboyant, and whip-smart, Xavier wields humor as both a weapon and a shield. Soon Jonah can't discern sincerity from banter; all he knows is the overwhelming, mystifying lust he feels for Xavier.

Is desire e
ebook
Published August 20th 2016 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Summer Research, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Research

namericanwordcat
This is an interesting read as two very smart heroes get together but just when the romance is getting interesting, vulnerable and real, the tale is done.
Xan West
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: posted-az-review
I loved this! The writing was gorgeous. The story was sweet and hot and deeply queer. I fell hard for both the MCs and really enjoyed their arc together, and in particular loved watching them flirt. The ending was a bit of a stretch for me, but I do think it worked in this context. I am very much looking forward to reading more work by this author. I would especially love to read a longer story.
Maria Rose
A graduate student conference is the setting for this sweet and sexy short novella. While Jonah and Xavier meet like any other students, their reaction to each other is strong enough to entice them into a little late night rendezvous. The writing is eloquent and charming, while giving a down to earth snapshot of the life of a grad student. Jonah has been so focussed on the academic side of the conference that meeting Xavier who is clearly interested in more than just being friends is a bit of a ...more
Chasia Lloyd
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot, sweet m/m short! Jonah won me over instantly, and I really liked Javier-With-A-X.
Ellie
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely short story. Things happened a bit too quickly for me but I loved the writing and think this could make a great longer book.

ETA: You can stop by Ellie Reads Fiction and read my interview with the author now :)
Iben
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet, intelligent and juicy little morsel of a story. I can only look forward to what Rain Merton will write next.
Sheryl Beesley
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story, only 32 pages. But sometimes the best presents are in small packages.. I really enjoyed the instant connection between Jonah and Xavier. The style of writing (is that the correct phrase) was delightful and I had consumed the story in just a few minutes. I look forward to see what the author does next.
Emma
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Normally I have a little bit of en eye-roll for love-at-first-site stories but this was incredibly sweet and moving.
Lina

Nov 18, 2016
Rachel Chalmers
Feb 26, 2018
Rain Merton
Aug 08, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: m-m, my-books
Kelly
added it
Nov 14, 2016
Rain Merton
Mar 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition