Start by marking “Heaven Sent (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #5)” as Want to Read:
Heaven Sent (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #5)

Heaven Sent

(Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #5)

BOOK 5 in the Award-Winning Dark Fantasy Series takes us back to where it all began.

He's the immortal magic-wielding child of Jonathan Harker and Mina Murray from the classic novel Dracula. But to him it's not a story, it's family history. Quincy Harker is what you'd get if Constantine were renewed by HBO and taken to the darkest of dark sides. When things go bump in the
Published July 29th 2016 by Falstaff Books

To ask other readers questions about Heaven Sent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven Sent

AudioBookReviewer
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My original Heaven Sent audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

Quincy Harker is back. Again, and in the fifth installment, hard to believe we have traveled so far with everyones favorite demon hunting vampire hybrid.

This fifth book was fun. It could almost be considered a prequel, because it allows us to get to know certain characters better. Glory in particular, Harker's guardian angel. Heaven Sent is basically her backstory as far as Quincy is concerned. Additional
Jo Good
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quincy never disappoints!

When I first read a John Harness "Quincy Harker" book, I was completely caught up in this mysterious hero, raised by Dracula. Incredibly inventive idea, and one that packs quite a punch, too!

In "Heaven Sent" we finally get the story of how Quincy has a guardian angel, and what that may mean for the future. Stay tuned, sounds like it might get a bit bumpy from here on in!
JM
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Read the "Year Two" collection, and then had a chance to listen to the audiobook like I did with the first one. Once again, the guy reading it did a great job, performing the characters and not merely reading the text.
Karsyn
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Good and quick story. These books are great for quick enjoyable reads.
Jan
By the end of the first chapter I was totally into the alternative reality. I love this series, and I'm glad that each book is novella sized or I'd never get anything done! This one is geared to half demons and their natural enemies the half angels. The publisher's blurb gives clues but can't begin to prepare you for all the puns, snarks, and action. No spoilers here, just admiration for the imagination of the author.
Sharon
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series. If you love action-packed dark edged urban fantasy with mystery, humor and a lot of foul language then check this one out. Don't worry too much about what order you read them in. Each novella is a full start to finish mystery. There are a few series arc threads, but Hartness does a good job of cluing you in so you don't feel lost. And the stories can be read in one sitting. He is a regular wham-bam-thank-you-ma'ma writer that will leave you satisfied. Lots of bang for ...more
BookLoversLife
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Being a massive fan of this series since book 1, I was thrilled to be able to listen to this one, which I received from the narrator, for free, via Audiobook boom (This in NO way affected or influenced my thoughts.). In this edition we get to learn how Harker gets together with Glory, which I loved learning about because I was always curious to see when she first appeared to him. This one also deals with Harker trying to find out who is murdering Nephilim and why.

It's hard to expand on the plot
Gareth Otton
As far as prequels go, this one was okay, but it suffers from the same problems as most prequels... I don't care!

In my mind, one of the key elements of a good story is that everything I read should be moving the story forward. It's what keeps up pace and intrigue, as well as keeps the reader invested in moving towards the eventual ending.

By its very definition, a prequel does the opposite as it actually moves the story backwards by exploring events before the beginning. Usually, prequels are ju
Nannette
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Thank you, Mr. Hartness, thank you! I have been waiting for the story of how Glory and Q met. And what a story you delivered, just breathtaking in pace and character. I have loved the Harker novellas since the first one. Now here at number 5, the writing continues to be excellent, the plot exciting and the characters true to themselves. The Harker universe is so heavy wiith potential that there should be no end to the series.

For those that are not familiar with Quincy Harker, get thee to a copy
Lori
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Very entertaining, engaging, well written and enjoyable listen. Another great addition to the series. You know as soon as you start listening that your in for one heck of an fun and enjoyable story. My only complaint is that it was to short. All of his stories pull you right in and before you know it they are over and you still want more. For a shorter book though, as usual it is full of mystery, suspense, humor and full of action. The whole series is definitely worth the listen

Great characters
Justin
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious, action packed, awesomness.

This series is awesome. I wish they were maybe longer (like full length novel size), but the humor, fast pace, and characters are all done extremely well, and while the shorter length might cut down on long winded detail and larger back stories for the characters, overall I never feel the books lose anything for that shorter length. Anyone who like sarcasm, urban fantasy, action, sense of humor, and a strong group of main characters need look no forward. And
Athena
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was the first book in the series from this writer that I’ve read. It was worth the read.

I love the Buffy the vampire slayer and ACDC PUNs, the fast action and the magic use.
I like the almost classic Gumshoe vibe, and updated demon hunter humor.

Its really well done and I love the reader, from just reading this I am more then interested in reading the other books in the series.
I received this title for free in exchange for an unbiased review.
Nervous Nellie Justice
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reviewed
Quincy vs Demons with an Angel to supervise

Even as old as Quincy is, he still gets to learn a few new tricks in this book. He has to stop the world ending, again. He has to stop demons, again. Only thing different this time, is that he's dealing with hybrids that are way above his pay grade.
Jonathan
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Too much explanation in this one. I get it's a set up for the next book and a groundwork prequel to get more in depth, but, the sauce was a bit spoiled, here. Even Glory isn't really as Glory-ish in this one; hoping the set up for book six makes it worth it in the long game.
Kristen Rooney
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“This audiobook was given by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review via Audiobook Boom.”

I LOVE the Quincy Harker books. This one did not disappoint. John Hartness did it again. Can't wait for more!
Sisilia
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the previous 4 novellas, mainly because of this final sentence:

This is definitely not The End.

Now I need the next one ^^
Blu Davis
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is another good novella in a darker series. This one was out of order chronologically which threw me for a bit of a loop at first but was still good.
Donna King
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Rate the book!

I love Mr. Hartness's stories. They are exciting and very funny. I'm also crazy about Quincy. He is great. He is so funny!

Rhee
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Okay, again it's perfection. As a smartmouth myself, I love Quincy's style. If you like supernatural with a little crime drama thrown in, these are awesome!!
Maya
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of this series!
G.
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: uf-ctf, just-fun
3 Stars. Would give 4, but I HATE cliffhanger endings.
Noah K.
Rowan McDirk
Jul 08, 2018
Delta
Nov 26, 2016
John G. Hartness is a teller of tales, a righter of wrong, defender of ladies’ virtues, and some people call him Maurice, for he speaks of the pompatus of love.

He is also the award-winning author of the urban fantasy series The Black Knight Chronicles (Bell Bridge Books), the Bubba the Monster Hunter comedic horror series, the Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter dark fantasy series, and many other projec

Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter (10 books)
  • Raising Hell (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #1)
  • Straight to Hell (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #2)
  • Hell on Heels (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter, #3)
  • Hell Freezes Over (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #4)
  • Heaven's Door (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #6)
  • High Fashion Hell
  • Heaven Help Us (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #7)
  • Heaven Can Wait (Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter #8)
  • Devil Inside
“beginning to damage my calm.” 0 likes
“Yeah, it was a sixth-circle idea that never really panned out. Like New Coke, just not quite evil enough to catch on.” 0 likes