Start by marking “The Darkest Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 4)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 4)

The Darkest Hour

(Poppy McGuire Mysteries #4)

Poppy and Alex come up against their toughest case yet, and they may never be the same again.

When someone close to both Poppy and Alex is found brutally murdered, all the clues point to Alex as the killer. But Poppy knows in her heart that her partner could never commit such a heinous crime. As the evidence begins to mount against him, Poppy must race against the clock to
Published July 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Hour

Ellen White
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Only two people call her early in the morning her father or Alex. Was surprised it was the police Chief Derek calling and telling her to go to a certain apartment building and hung up. It was a close friend of Poppy’s Bethany, murder sitting in her car. She was in the advertising department at the newspaper. She had been dating Alex and now Poppy and Alex were getting closer. Now it’s being told that Alex had been showing up at her place, and Bethany was angry with him last night. How could that ...more
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016
This series is definitely one worth reading!! Poppy and Alex are back again, only this are dramatically different. This time, it’s not a stranger or someone hated by many that has been murdered. This time it’s a friend and all signs point to Alex being the murderer!! Talk about a shock. Poppy just knows it wasn’t Alex and does all she can to prove him innocent.
This series has just gotten better with each book. I recommend this series highly and can’t wait for the 5th book. Thank you so much Ms.
Donna Crabbe
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book I found was rather harsh, it showed we are always not able to see the leaves between the trees. This showed how police were always jumping into the wrong, OR expecting other people to solve the crime. I found I had to keep reading to give me the full picture, I can say I was looking at the cop, I was wondering how dumb, and it took a non cop to solve a crime, It was good to see a writer whom had the same theory and turned it into a book.
Peggy
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story, I figured out who donit and but I wasn't for sure how Poppy and Alex was going to catch the man who killed both women in Alex's life, the way the story is written it keep me wanting to find out what was going to happen in the end.
Crystal
Deborah Deryk
Jun 01, 2019
Neena Christianson Martin
New victim, old pattern.

When Bethany is found dead Alex is the main suspect, so it's up to Poppy to prove his innocence. Working with just Derek it's hard going as everyone else seems to believe in Alex's guilt. I kept screaming at my Kindle that I knew who the murderer was, but it kept ignoring me, LOL!!. A great story.
Charles D. Fugate
Kamesea Cannon
Apr 25, 2017
Kelly Fields
Aug 23, 2018
Anina Collins has always loved a good mystery. As a child, her favorite books were Nancy Drew books passed down from her grandmother, and as she grew up, she moved on to Agatha Christie and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and their famous detectives. She currently lives in North Carolina and writes her Poppy McGuire Mystery series.

Poppy McGuire Mysteries (4 books)
  • The Eleventh Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 1)
  • After Hours (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 2)
  • Top of the Hour (Poppy McGuire Mysteries Book 3)