Start by marking “Seven Days of You” as Want to Read:
Seven Days of You

Seven Days of You

Sophia has seven days left in Tokyo before she moves back to the States. Seven days to say good-bye to the electric city, her wild best friend, and the boy she’s harbored a semi-secret crush on for years. Seven perfect days…until Jamie Foster-Collins moves back to Japan and ruins everything.

Jamie and Sophia have a history of heartbreak, and the last thing Sophia wants is
Published March 7th 2017 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about Seven Days of You, please sign up.
Cheska the Great is Not Okay I was wondering the same thing. If it's a book set in Tokyo without any Japanese MAIN characters, I'm not gonna read it.

Start your review of Seven Days of You
Angela
I had a lot of issues with Seven Days of You. When I received this book at BEA and read the synopsis I thought this was going to be a contemporary unicorn. Thought it sounded so good, unique, and oddly right up my alley. If you know me you know I'm picky about my contemporary books. Picking maybe 3 up a year, and this one had to be one of them. Sign, regret.

Our main character is Sophia or "Sofa", as her friends like to call her... Yep, you probably read that sentence and knew this was my first
abby
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, young-adult
For Sophia, Tokyo is the place that's come closest to feeling like home. She doesn't feel like she belongs when she's in France, where her father now lives with his second family, or in New Jersey, where they're moving back to in just a week. She is dreading the move and leaving behind the best friends she's made at the International school. One of whom she's had a crush on since forever. And as if moving weren't stressful enough, her last week in Tokyo is her estranged ex-friend Jamie's first ...more
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Seven Days of You is a cute contemporary about moving away. I loved the Japanese setting and all the culture in the book. I did find the main character to be annoying, but I still really enjoyed the book and would recommend it.

This book has a really intriguing concept! Basically, it tells the story of a girl who has seven days left before she leaves Tokyo. When an old friend moves to Japan just as she is about to leave, their relationship develops at the most inconvenient time. I found this idea
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and NetGalley.)

This was a YA contemporary romance about a relationship that develops over a week.

Sophia was an okay character, and I felt quite sorry for her that she was being forced to leave her home, and the way her father treated her wasn’t very nice either.

The storyline was about a whirlwind romance between Sophia and a boy called Jamie who she originally claimed to dislike. We got a couple of
April (Aprilius Maximus)
oh maaaaaaan okay listen, the setting??? awesome. The sisterly sibling relationship???? awesome. the own voices side character who was in a f/f relationship??? awesome. the constant drama and how the main character just kept doing shitty things and hurting everyone?????? REALLY NOT AWESOME.
Dannii Elle
This story was such an utterly charming and adorable read. The adoration between Sophia and her boy-crush unfurled slowly, as the plot progressed, and, despite the short time-frame of the story, felt like a realistic and resonant romance. The discovery of their shared attraction made this such a sweet tale that transported me back to my own teenage days, and the angst and agitation that is paired with the discovery of first love.

Each and every character had a reason for existing within the
Taylor Knight
Feb 18, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Seven Days of You sounded like a super cute book and I was so excited to read it. However, this book was a hot mess.
My biggest problem with this book is the main character. She's in high school but she acts like she's seven years old. Everything from the way she talks to how she handles situations is shockingly immature. Not to mention how her name is Sophia but her friends call her Sofa. I found that incredibly annoying and just weird. Her relationship with her best friend was messed up and
Jasmine from How Useful It Is
About: Seven Days of You is a fiction novel written by Cecilia Vinesse. It was published on 3/7/17 by Little Brown Books for Young Readers, 336 pages. The genres are young adult, contemporary, romance, Japan, etc. This book is intended for ages 15 and up, grades high school sophomore to college level. This novel is the author’s debut!

My Experience: I started reading Seven Days of You on 3/5/17 and finished it on 3/19/17. This book shouldn’t take me that long to read but there are so many books
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this story. I found it to be a really quick read and while it wasn't the perfect story, it did have a lot of things going for it. I thought that the range of emotions that Sophia goes through in this story really rang true. The book was a little different than I had expected from the description and while there was a romance featured in the story this book was about so much more than that.

Sophia is moving to the United States
Audrey
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
“And the only thing I knew how to do was to hold on as tightly as possible and count every single second until I reached the last one. The one I dreaded most.
Sudden, violent, final.
The end.”

*3.5/5

I don't have that many thoughts about this book, so instead of writing a full-length review (which I will probably just be super repetitive), I will just write a short one here, and hopefully, none of you will mind.

This book was a fun, cute contemporary romance book. It gave me huge "The Sun Is Also A
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I've been struggling a bit with this genre and wanted something different, something that would pull me out of my YA funk and so I went into this maybe with slightly high expectations. Anna and the French Kiss is one of my all time favorites in this genre and having that compared to this story out those expectations higher than I should have let them go.

This wasn't a bad read, in fact, I adored the setting. It isn't often we see a setting take place in Japan with so much life around it in this
Kat Ellis
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book - it was so hopeful and heart rending and real, and I fell head over heels for Sophia and Jamie. Fans of Stephanie Perkins will adore this!
Molly
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan
This book and I connected deeply. It also passed my "authentic Japan" test. Go forth and read!

This book is very much an expat story. It's not about a girl moving to Japan and learning about it and sharing her learned experiences. It's about a teen that lives in a foreign country not but her own choice. She didn't go to Japan to discover and explore. I see a lot of reviews saying that the Japanese setting wasn't used well but I thought it was used realistically. Sophia doesn't spend her time
Candace Robinson
Contemporary is the genre where I'm the pickiest. Like, when I love it I love it, but it's so hard for me to find that perfect one! What drew me into this one was the cover and the setting being in Tokyo.

I loved Sophia. She had her struggles and acted like an actual teen! There was drama within her friendships which also made it seem like real life. And Jamie! Oh, dear lord, I loved him so much and his adorableness!

And the setting is in freaking Tokyo! I seriously would like to go and visit
Scrill
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, romance, xeno, contemporary

Before I tell you why I loved this book so much you should know some things about me. I studied Japanese for several years & then advanced my studying at The Japan Institute in Kansai. So, although I say that I completely adored this book, it also broke my heart because I miss Japan so very much, and I cannot wait to go back. With that being said, my review maybe biased since I just love it there. **To see a few additional pictures of my own time spent in Japan visit my blog at
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

Personal Thoughts: After finishing and loving P.S. I Like You by Kasie West, I decided I was on a contemporary kick and jumped right into one of my most anticipated of 2017. Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse is a book that I got an ARC of at BEA and I’d been meaning to read it before it’s March release date so I could review it here on the blog. What initially peaked my interest in Seven Days of You is the fact that it’s set in Tokyo. I love all things
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Review
This cover screams cute right?? I mean the cute couple under an umbrella, the various tones of pink, the city as their background all indicate a cute story on the inside. And it was!!

Sophia has just seven days left in Tokyo until her and her mom and sister moveto New Jersey for her mom's job. That is only seven days to say goodbye to her best friend, her crush and the city that she loves. Nothing will ruin these perfect days until Jamie Foster-Collins moves back and messes up all of her
Sierra Abrams
i literally want to preorder this RIGHT NOW.
Jasprit
Post reading thoughts: Absolute perfection!

I’ve come across a handful of books this year which have completely taken me by surprise, I’m pleased to say Seven Days of You was one of those books. I remember reading the blurb a few months ago, thinking it would be the sort of book that I would enjoy and although it did take me a while to get into initially, on my train back home I was completely hooked. Vinesse goes above and beyond in creating a gorgeous read in the wonderful backdrop of Tokyo. I
Jolie
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seven Days of You is a story about a teenager who is leaving behind friends and a city she loves to go back to the United States. This book centers around Sophia and her relationships with her sister, her best friends and the boy who broke her heart 4 years earlier. Everything in the book takes place 7 days before she is supposed to fly back to New Jersey.

I am going to come right out and say it, I couldn’t stand Sophia. While she was 17, she acted more like a child and it really grated on my
Sara
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
*2.5
I did not enjoy this book and I just didn’t like any of the characters in this book. I really did want to like this new contemporary novel but it just fell flat for me.
Maddie
DNF at: 60%, because of the slut-shaming, the melodrama and the immature outlook on relationships.
(Also, this is my first DNF, are you proud of me for actually sticking to a reading resolution for this year?)
Angie
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star, read-2016
If you like Stephanie Perkins, you will like this book. Full of flawed characters, complex relationships and lots of feels.
Paige
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-physical-arc
Traveling, living, and leaving, are three very different and distinct states of being. But they overlap. There's a sense of urgency in each, but also a wish that time will slow down.

I'm always beyond thankful when a publisher sends me a surprise ARC in the mail, but this one is particularly special to me. Seven Days of You arrived on my doorstep about a month before I was leaving my last quarter of college, and I started reading it two weeks before that before finally finishing it now, on the
Emily Mead
Mar 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Sooooo the main character was annoying, the love triangle was annoying and there was little plot beyond it. Add to that a backdrop of Japan where 99% of the characters are white and you've got a whitewashed Japan without any of its culture. The main character Sophia (called Sofa by her friends...but let's not get into that) doesn't even know any Japanese, which strikes me as just the most arrogant white thing ever. I mean, she lives there. Surely if you lived in another country you'd make an ...more
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
Cutesy romance set in Japan? Count me in.
Kathryn Steffen
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenniely
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this book, and I'm so glad I did as I would not have been able to wait nearly an entire year to read it!
Seven Days of You is a brilliant novel which not only grips you with the narrative but immerses you in the culture of Japan. The language used is delightfully descriptive and I've been fantasising about eating various Japanese delicacies whilst singing karaoke since I picked it up.
Sophia is a deep and wonderfully complex character, and I really emphasised
Lindsey
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, the good news is that I really loved this book. The bad news is that I couldn't stop reading it and hid in my office and basically didn't work for two days. Oops.

Great job, Cecilia! So awesome that you officially have a book published!!
Alyssa Nelson
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a free copy of this book from the publisher from BEA 2016. All opinions are my own.*

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

First, I have to say, that I was a little wary going into this, as I’m not a huge fan of young adult romances that are only romances — I think they either become vapid or too melodramatic, and I was hoping that wouldn’t be the case with this one. Luckily, it very much wasn’t, and I give Vinesse all the credit in the world for writing an incredibly grounded, realistic

• Alex, Approximately
  • Lucky in Love
  • The Summer After You and Me
  • Starry Eyes
  • Blue Stars
  • Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1)
  • 9 Days and 9 Nights
  • In Honor
  • Juniors
  • P.S. I Like You
“It might not be distance or time that takes you away from people. Maybe you decide when you let them go. But I can't let go yet.” 11 likes
“You’re terrifying the way a book is right before it ends. You know? When you have to put it down because it’s too much to take in at once. You are the most terrifying person I know.’ He” 5 likes