Start by marking “The End of Our Story” as Want to Read:
The End of Our Story

The End of Our Story

Meg Haston's romantic and thrilling new YA novel explores a star-crossed high school relationship in a tale rife with deeply buried secrets and shocking revelations.

Bridge and Wil have been entangled in each other’s lives for years. Under the white-hot Florida sun, they went from kids daring each other to swim past the breakers to teenagers stealing kisses between classes.
Published April 4th 2017 by HarperTeen

“I know that Wil and I are bigger than one night on a dock. I know that we’re more than a few damn good years. We go longer, farther, deeper. We are not finished yet. We can’t be.”

This was a YA contemporary story about a girl and boy who had previously been together, but had broken up.

I liked Bridget and thought that she was a good person, even if she did make mistakes whilst drunk. She knew that what
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Alright, this sounds pretty good. As long as the betrayal isn't cheating then I'm fine, if it's about cheating then I am gone. I ain't about that life.
Martu Barimboim (Booksofcoffee)
Mmmm... nop
just nop

La historia tenía mucho potencial, más que nada por los temas que trata, pero no pude conectar con ninguno de los personajes.
El gran misterio, del que se hace alarde en la sinopsis, se puede ver desde los primeros capítulos. Traté de dejar de lado mi decepción por eso y esperando un buen desarrollo de la historia lo terminé. No solo la protagonista me pareció una tonta total, sino que no terminé de entender su relación de Wil y con su amiga (que por cierto ya olvidé el nombre)
Jenna
4.5 stars.

This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews.
I received a review copy from the publisher via Edelweiss. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Trigger warning: domestic violence

The End of Our Story is a book that I picked up solely because it contains my favourite romance trope of all time, second chance romance. But it ended up wowing me for so much more than just the romance. I loved the themes that were explored in this book and I thought the author handled t
Fiona
“I don’t think you have to understand every little corner of a person to love them, I think you can love them first, and you spend the time you have trying to learn the parts you don’t know.”

Can you believe that after I read this, I was crying big fat tears at 3 in the morning? My heart was shattered, my feels were everywhere. Man, this was a total heartbreak to me! As soon as the Acknowledgement page hit, I literally just dropped my phone, and cry ugly tears absorbing what just happened. Damn
Jaime Arkin
The End of Our Story isn’t exactly what I expected… not in a bad way… I just guess I’m not sure what I think about it now that I finished it.

When the summary says romantic and thrilling, I expect romance and thrills, and I’m just not sure I got that with this story. That’s not to say that the story itself wasn’t interesting and I obviously liked it enough to finish it, but there is a lot more to this story than the summary actually implies.

Bridge and Wil have been friends since the day she mov
Colleen Scidmore
This was a really good read. YA Contemporary/Romance is a hard genre sometimes for me because the books all seem the same after a while. It has to have something different for me to enjoy, not just about a teenage angsty romance. And this book delivered with a little something different.

There was a lot to reflect on with this book so my full review will have to wait a bit. :)
Flor Méndez
El libro se volvió bastante monótono después de pasar la mitad: el gran secreto lo adivinás a las páginas y lo único que importa es la relación entre ellos. No me gustaron los personajes (mucho menos Bridge-- Dios, el mundo no da vueltas alrededor de tu upite, amiga), a excepción de los secundarios e híper secundarios: Micah (my fav!!!), Leigh, Minna, Ned... de los cuales al final no sabemos nada porque se flashea final híper mega archi abierto.
Anyway, hubiera sido un 3/5 si no hubiera tenido un
Mandi
This book went from something I thought was going to be a beautiful love story to something so strange. I found it predictable and unbelievable and a lot of annoying. Did not like any of the characters and overall just not happy about it. Finished it because was listening to it as an audiobook.
Stephanie
Pretty but predictable.
Susan
Aug 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My daughter recommended this book to me and I loved it. She knows my taste in books.I kind of guessed at the end and even though I was right I still really enjoyed the book. Will and Bridge were a cute couple and I liked how the author made what seemed like a perfect family not perfect at all. In fact it broke my heart. I loved Minna, Bridges court appointed project but later friend and sounding block. I could read a story just on Minna's life too. Good book if you want a fast paced read.
Macarena Yannelli
3,5
Una historia super dramatica, sobre la relación y la separación de estas dos personas.
Contado tanto desde el pasado como el futuro, de a poco nos vamos enterando la razón por la cual ya no están juntos.
Muy entretenido, mucho drama.
Trigger warning por violencia intrafamiliar.
Reseña proximamente.
Jasprit
The End of Our Story was really different to what I was expecting, I don’t know what I really expected to leave with, but I didn’t think I’d be left reeling and a little upset, Wil and Bridge’s relationship was beautifully done. I liked how Haston didn’t give us their complete story in one go, but switched between past and present in the chapters. I was quite gutted when I found out how things had ended between Wil and Bridge, as to me their relationship was a beautiful one, and also It’d sort o ...more
Carol Oliveira
Because I don't enjoy books with open endings, this one just wasn't for me.

That being said, I must add that I absolutely loved the writing, how the story is written in this almost poetic way. The characters are very real and you can definitely feel their struggles throughout the story.

I wish there had been at least an epilogue, it would've made the ending a thousand times better FOR ME.

If you don't mind open endings, you'll probably love this beautiful story about falling in love, coming of age
Karla Ruz
3.5
Leer reseña en el blog

Bridge y Will son mejores amigos desde que eran pequeños. Conocen sus miedos y sueños. Su amistad era profunda y real. Poco a poco sus sentimientos empezaron a cambiar hasta tomar otra forma y se dieron cuenta que se habían enamorado. Todo iba perfecto entre ellos, pero las fiestas y el alcohol son una mala combinación. Esa noche Bridge comete un error que cambia su relación con Will y todo lo que habían construido ambos. A partir de ese momento, se dan de hablar; ya no
Yukimaru Hatake
Si no recuerdo mal, esta historia fue publicada hace un par de meses ya, en su momento me llamaba bastante la atención, pero por una cosa u otra, no pude hacerme con un ejemplar de este libro, hasta este mes y a creo que fue culpa de todas las ganas que le tenía, el hecho de que no haya terminado de disfrutarlo de más.

La historia es sencilla, a pesar de tener dos saltos temporales, el pasado y el presente, en los cuales, se nos cuenta la historia de amor de Bridge y Will, no se hace pesada ni mu
Sandra
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Wil and Bridge have a very tight relationship. Not only as a romantic couple but they also have been best friends since childhood. Then Bridge does something stupid while being drunk at a party and Wil breaks up with her.

The story starts after the breakup and then jumps between present and past. It is told from Wil's and Bridge viewpoints. While I enjoyed the authors writing a lot -for me one of the better written books I have read this year-I had trouble with the first half of the book. First o
Preena
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written story. I loved Wil and Bridge and the ending was not what I was expecting. I wish there was an Epilogue. Anyways, it's still a really good book.
Jen Halligan
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure what to say. Well written. Heart breaking. Open ended... I need a feel good book now!
Melissa
Princess Bookie
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2016, a-net-g
My Thoughts: I was really torn on this one. We are introduced to Wil and Bridge. They have been friends since they were kids, and then got romantically involved, and then things didn’t turn out quite how they wanted it too.

I really liked Bridge and Wil both but at times, I was hesitant to like either of them. Each had their ups and downs to their personalities. I really enjoyed the plot of this one. Wil’s dad isn’t who everyone thought he was, and there was more to the story. And when it all com
Maxi
No me había gustado mucho al principio pero después, al final, una vez que la autora cierra bien la idea me gustó. Aún así no me termino de cerrar cómo contó las cosas, sentí que rellenó mucho con cosas que no importaban, dramatizó absolutamente TODO y en ningún momento llegué a encariñarme con ningún personaje. Me hubiese gustado que se centrara mucho más en las últimas 50 páginas y concluya bien la historia (ese final fue re ??) pero bueno, que no es un mal libro y trata una problemática no mu ...more
Emma O'Brien
This book was outstanding! Meg Haston knows exactly how to write a beautiful, and heartbreaking contemporary. This amazing book had one of the biggest plot twist EVER, I didn't see it coming, and an author that can do that is a great author. In February when this book comes out EVERYONE buy it!! <3<3<3<3
Ramonna
What the hell con el final? Me dejó angustiada... No sé. Me dan ganas de llorar y de pegarle a la idiota de Bridge, neta.
Meaghan
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
First off, I would like to thank the publisher and author for providing me this ARC to review. Please note that the version I read was an advanced copy, and certain events/language may be changed in the published edition.

Stars (Out of 10): 6/10 Stars

Overall Thoughts: I acquired this ARC during the ALA Midwinter Convention, and actually debated it a lot before choosing to pick it up (I even skipped over it at first.) Usually, the whole romantic tension only novels can get somewhat repetitive, and
Kathy
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

In The End of Our Story by Meg Haston, a family tragedy provides for an opportunity for teenagers Bridget "Bridge" Hawking and Wilson "Wil" Hines to rekindle their romance. However, will the events of the year they have been apart prove to be too insurmountable for love to overcome?

Bridge and Wil's childhood friendship turned to love but Bridge's drunken mistake led Wil to break up with her. Bridge's apologies and efforts to explain have fallen on deaf ears and she eventually has no cho
Joséphine (Word Revel)
Initial thoughts: The End of Our Story ranks among the books I've had the most difficulty rating. The prose is beautiful and well-crafted, which engaged me throughout the book, even when I became uncomfortable with the plot and characters. My discomfort diverged between irritation at double standards and dealing with the complexities of domestic violence.

It didn't sit well with me that one count of cheating (rightly) came with repercussions, but on another count was romanticised. That irked me s
Sil
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Son 2,5 estrellas.

Me decepcioné mucho con esta historia. A pesar de tener frases preciosas con grandes verdades, un muy buen personaje en Wil y toda una temática con el tema de la violencia doméstica, sentí que tenía todo para ser un gran libro pero no lo logró al haber tanto desorden.
No entendí del todo para dónde iba la autora con algunas escenas y noté al personaje de Bridge sin sentido.

Lo más chistoso que me pasó leyendo fue haber adivinado el plot twist cerca de la página 60, en una especi
Charmaine
This book was heavy on the angst and the sadness. I don't think either Wil's or Bridge's actions are excusable. I would've cared more for the connection between Bridge and Wil if we got more context and flashbacks from their childhood. I felt like we spent too much time in the present to appreciate their history. The fact that they got together at a party felt pretty cheap (although I did like that they fancied each other).

It's kind of sad to think that they're a forever kind of thing because t
Ana Lunática
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No soy de llorar con libros,mayormente me dejan triste pero este 💔 realmente es tan triste, desde el comienzo hasta el final. Pero me encanto 😭 toca temas que no pensé que ni siquiera iba a mencionar, los personajes son increíbles y amé a todos y cada uno, tiene unas frases hermosas, me encanta la manera en la que escribe la autora, la edición es hermosa... Es todo simplemente hermoso 😭👌 Realmente se los recomiendo y esperó poder publicar la verdadera reseña en el blog.
  • 16 Ways to Break A Heart
  • Autofocus
  • Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells
  • Lucky Girl
  • Dreamer (Traveler, #2)
  • Ignite (The Bound Ones, #1)
  • A Season for Fireflies
  • 100 Days of Cake
  • Pointe, Claw
  • Since We Last Spoke
  • Mischief & Magnolias (Magnolia Branch, #2)
  • What Tears Us Apart
  • The Go-To Girl
  • If Birds Fly Back
  • Zen and Gone
  • The Stranger Game
  • Our Broken Pieces
  • Wild and Crooked
“It occurred to me then that maybe Wil Hines didn't have blood in his veins like everyone else. Maybe he was made of Florida things: grains of bleached sand, sea foam, and salt. Wind and sun. Maybe he was made of the things he loved best.” 1 likes