Start by marking “Time Will Tell” as Want to Read:
Time Will Tell

Time Will Tell

When Emmett helps Viola on her first day of kindergarten, a friendship is forged. As the years pass, their friendship blossoms. But fate tears them apart just as they are discovering their true feelings for one another. Can their love survive time, distance, and the challenges life throws at them? Only time will tell.
Published (first published August 12th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Time Will Tell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Will Tell

Start your review of Time Will Tell
Heather Anastasiu
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Picked up this debut and had no idea what to expect…and then it was AWESOME!!! Seriously could not put it down. I was so emotionally drawn into the characters. I knew what I wanted to have happen at the same time I saw things falling apart for the people on the pages. This book takes a very human take on love. That is, it’s a very realistic take on the way life works. Dreams you have when you’re an idealistic kid? That’s now how things necessarily work out when life butts it’s messy, messy head ...more
Lenora Wilson
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This story turned me into a complete utter mess. I've cried, laughed, cursed, threw things. And I loved every single second of it. I would definitely give this book 10 stars if that was an option. Since I can't we'll just haft too settle for five.
Melinda
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Time Will Tell is an absolutely amazing book! From the moment I started reading this book I fell in love with the story and the talented Author Scarlett Wells. Viola and Emmet's story is unlike any other story/book that I've read. I definitely suggest some tissues, you won't want to stop reading. I cannot wait for more from Scarlett Wells, I hope she has more for us soon.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
~JENNY~

Romance at its best!

A timeless love story. That's powerful and emotional. A story that will stay with you long after your done reading.

I haven't read a true love story in a while, honestly, I thought I was over the sweet lovey dovey, cute, no-fuss type of books, but Scarlett Wells delivered a top-notch romance. From the very beginning of the book, it was like I was in a trance. I could not put the book down. Unfortunately, life happens, but even when I wasn't nose deep within the pages I
Annie
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Debut Novel

First, let me start by saying that I read this book in one sitting, I couldn't put it down...it was that amazing and totally worth the lack of sleep to finish it.

"My Girl" meets "The Notebook"

Viola & Emmett become best friends and have this bond the runs so deep. The love they have for each other is so beautiful that my heart was squeezing from the very beginning of this book. I felt everything along with "Lola" & even "Mutt" and when life happens and things change for
Michelle °O°
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Let me start off by saying this for a debut novel the author has much potential.

However I just did not like the hero Emmett. (view spoiler)
Amazing read

A beautiful story about true love! This book is an emotional roller coaster have a box of tissues! Such a great read from Scarlett Wells cannot wait to read more of her books
Brandy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
Time Will Tell is Scarlett Wells’ debut novel?! This is something that I did not know, and I had to do a little research before I found out this information! You can’t tell that this is her first novel, and hopefully not her last. She was able to make me get emotionally involved in the story (which to be honest, is quite a challenge for me lately), and I fell deeply in love with each character.

From the very beginning, you are thrown into the relationship between Viola and Emmett. I fell in love
Stacey Broadbent
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Such a beautiful story of friendship, love and hope.
Time Will Tell tells the tale of Emmett(Mutt) and Viola(Lola) and a friendship to last a lifetime. They met as children and formed a close bond, practically joined at the hip. Over the years their feelings blossom into something more, but as fate would have it, they're torn from each other's lives and set on different paths.
Do all paths lead back to home? Only time will tell.

I can't believe I've had this sitting on my kindle for so long and
Jen Wainwright PA
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This author's debut novel is a beautiful story of best friends, childhood sweethearts, love lost and love regained.
I loved the friendship element of all the characters that run through this book. From kindergarten to adulthood, through separations, betrayals and tragedies, the friends were, deep down, always friends. First love is special, particularly when is begins with friendship but when that love is damaged and the trust is broken it's hard to bear the pain.
But a love that is always meant
Toi
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Read - it'll make you cry

What happens when you fall in love at the age of seven – that’s what happens with Emmett and Viola, but Emmett then has to move with his father and that’s the start of a more brilliant love story for both. They both endure more heartache then I can imagine, so have your tissues ready. But it is a truly beautiful ending.
Melinda Mcleod
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing read! I definitely had some tears while reading this! You could feel the love and all other kinds of emotions coming off of the pages. I cannot wait to read another book by the talented Scarlett Wells!!

I was given an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Katie Sadan
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Time will tell!!

Emotion filled love story!!

What happens when you meet the love of your life but your to young to understand what that means? This book is the emotional journey of Lola and Em, they meet and become best friends when he's 7 and she's 5. This is there love story with all the emotion you can handle as they grow up, fall in love and then real life happens. I was sucked right into the story and loved it, warning you will need tissues with this book.
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The day Emmett helps Viola, is the day her life changed forever, as an unbreakable bond is formed. As the years go by, they never stop spending all of their time together, and their feelings are growing along side their ages. Unfortunately, fate decides to shake things up, and they are separated. Emmett always planned to come back for her, but life doesn't always fall in line with the best laid plans. Will Emmett and Viola get their happily ever after? That's it, that's all I'm describing, but ...more
Nancy
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book back in January on a cover exchange post on facebook. I just realised now that I had not reviewed it yet. I tend to get sucked into the next book. Sorry about that :)
Time Will Tell absolutely blew me away!! I actually picked it up and read it for a second time 2 days after finishing it. I didn't want to give them up. It is and incredible love story that takes emotional to the next level. Just because something is meant to be doesn't mean that choices, mistakes and life in
Erica Westerhoff
There are honestly not enough good things that I can say about this book. It's amazing!! From the very beginning until the last word I was on a roller coaster and didn't want to get off!

Viola and Emmett's story gave me all the feels! They met as little kids and immediately were drawn to one another. Their love story was adorable!! I was so rooting for them to be together forever and get married and have adorable little babies running around!! But as they got older, things began to change and
Candyce Barton
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is this really a debut novel??? This was an excellent read. It was so very real. We plan life out, we know what we want, and sometimes we become our own worst enemy. That is exactly how this novel played out.

The characters were well developed, the plot line was well thought out, there was enough intrigue to keep me constantly turning the pages and staying up until midnight to finish.

I love that Lola stood up for herself, didn't take crap, and respected herself without coming off as a complete
MaRanda
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Viola and Emmett. I just can't say enough how much they pulled at my heart strings!

Viola and Emmett meet when she is in kindergarten. What a sweet age to be too. She's sitting on the swing and he comes over. They had me right there. I felt like it was the sweetest and cutest introduction.

BUT... they grow up, life happens. They go through so much, learning together and apart from each other.

No story is complete without someone making mistakes. And boy are those mistakes epic, but so vital to
Wendy Livingstone
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.
This is a debut novel from this author, and my word, what a surprise it is! This is a beautiful, emotional, love story. Viola and Emmett have been friends since childhood, but will they manage to survive trials and tribulations in order to have a HEA?
This story had me enthralled from the very beginning, and I will certainly be recommending this authors work, and reading more from Scarlett in the future. Congratulations Scarlett, on an amazing debut novel!!
Mel
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an intriguing book to read. Filled with love, laughter and turmoil, this book was a real page turner. In the middle I felt it slowed down a bit but it was still enjoyable to read.

There were not just 2 main characters although it was mostly from 2 perspectives, the other characters were important elements to making this book as intriguing as the mains. They were well developed and the use of emotion and tim to build their depth was not lacking, neither was the storyline, barring the
Jenny  Flores
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed with NERDY DIRTY&FLIRTY
Amy
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet story of love, loyalty, and second chances. It's hard to write how I feel about events in this book without spoiling the story for someone who hasn't read it. There are so many emotions you will experience throughout the story - you'll smile, laugh, cry (a lot), and occasionally get angry...one character in particular made me want to scream at them to get it together. Well written story, great characters, wonderful stories of love, just an all around great read.
Jennifer Richey
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book for my honest opinion wow this story was amazing I teared up alittle! Viola met Emmett when she was 5 and he walked her home. He became her best friend for a couple years till his dad got a new job and he had to move away! What happens when he breaks his promises to viola? This was a very sweet story some scenes made me want to throw my iPad and some made me want to cry my eyes out but I loved it overall!
Paula Genereau
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! Emmett and Viola become great friends in kindergarten that grows closer as the years go by. But fate separates them when their true feelings for one another start to show . This keeps them apart for awhile but will their love be enough to over come the obstacles and move on with each other ?
Angela Shockley
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Time Will Tell is a nice coming of age story between a couple who seems destined to be together forever. However, their paths diverge and they go in different directions. I really enjoyed the evolution of Viola, Emmett, and Chase! Solid debut. 3.5 stars
Lisa
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
"No matter what happens in our lives, you will always have a big chunk of my heart."

I'm torn on this review. This was a debut novel by Scarlett Wells, which I had no idea. By reading it, you wouldn't know this was her first release. Her writing style is, quite honestly, a breath of fresh air. The book itself is a coming of age story that truly is very emotional.

Lola and Emmett have their share of ups and downs (at times there are really more downs than ups, but it's all about how they get back
Brandy
Oct 06, 2016
Devan Harris timmons
Aug 14, 2016
Lynzi Nguyen
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had my heart in all kinds of different places and going through so many different emotions, all at once.

I was in love, sad, joyous, heartbroken. I wanted to throat punch Emmett, more than once. I wanted to slap some sense into Viola. I wanted to ooh and ahh over Chase, which I did. And on more than one occasion, I had to lay my kindle down either because I was crying my butt off or because I wanted to break it.

I even had a gif conversation with the author while reading, and then
Aj