Start by marking “Out of the Blue” as Want to Read:
Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue (LoveTravel #7)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  791 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Selena Harper always thought she had the perfect job: working on a luxury cruiseship, she's whisked around the world from Alaska to Zanzibar with excitement and adventure awaiting her in every port. But as she prepares for her latest shore-leave - and finds herself unexpectedly deserted by her newly-engaged best friend - she begins to wonder if life on the ocean wave reall ...more
Published August 14th 2008 by Arrow (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Out of the Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of the Blue

Aijou
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
การเดินทางอาจทำใหเราตกหลุมรักอยางชาๆ แตวาลุมลึก
นิยายของเบลินดา โจนส เปนเรืองราวเชนนัน เสนหของเธอคือการทองเทียว--และแนนอน ตกหลุมรัก

สำหรับเรืองนี เธอจะพาเราไปตกหลุมรักหนุมกรีก ลำบึก ผิวแทน ตาสีเหลือบเขียว และขีตือเปนทีสุด
โดยตัวแปรคือหญิงสาวหัวดือทีเปนมิตรกับทุกคนยกเวนตากรีกขีตือเสนหแรงคนนัน

เดียวนะ ทำไมฟังดูนำเนานิดหนอย?

โดยสวนตัวแลวคิดวาเรืองนี เนนหนักไปทีความสัมพันธของผูคนมากกวาเสนหของเกาะครีต (เมือเทียบกับ I Love Capri ทีหนาปึกและสนุกมากๆ ขอแนะนำเลย!)
พออานๆ ไปแลวนึกภาพออกแควาเปนเกาะเลกๆ ทะเลสวย อ
Jessie
Apr 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was lovely, from start to finish, with some great twists to the plot. I was a little sceptical at first, as I usually won't read "chick-lit" as a rule - it annoys me and I find it really shallow. But once I had gotten into the story and gained an interest in the characters, I was able to relax a little more and enjoy it properly. So yeah, all in all, a nice easy fun read, and just as good as the last Belinda Jones I read (although that was a long time ago!). I think I would probably re ...more
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2009
Selena Harper always thought she had the perfect job: working on a luxury cruiseship, she’s whisked around the world from Alaska to Zanzibar with excitement and adventure awaiting her in every port.

But as she prepares for her latest shore-leave – and finds herself unexpectedly deserted by her newly-engaged best friend – she begins to wonder if life on the ocean wave really is her dream come true. Why is she the only one who isn’t settling down? And how can she be feeling homesick when she has no
Dawn Cheshire
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
Really enjoyed this book, the first few chapters didn't grab me that much, but one I got into the book I couldn't put it down. Would recommend this to anyone who loves a good romantic comedy.
Nancy Kamenyero
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of the main character working on a cruise ship; but was disappointed that by chapter 3 she has left the ship and is heading for dry land, where she stays for the remainder of the book. The plot twist was what made this book good for me, but it happened 5/6th of the way in the book! And everything unraveled very quickly from that point on. The descriptions of the island of Crete made it sound stunning, and added allot to the book; it was almost it's own character in this book.
Juju
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice pleasant light read. Made me want to get a job on a cruise ship & visit Greece!
Rea Cobb
May 30, 2011 rated it liked it
I am always on the look out for a new author to try. Whilst in the library looking to see if there were any of my favourite Christina Jones books I caught a glimpse of this book Out Of the Blue by Belinda Jones which looked bright and inviting and just the book to get me into my up and coming holiday. As this was a first book I was about to read by Belinda Jones I have to admit I was unsure what to expect.

The books main character is Selena who works as a tour guide on a cruise ship, which suits
Rhia
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of my favourite books of all time.

Which is ridiculously out of character for me. To be fair, I read it when I was 15, 4 years ago! And I hadn't read many books of it's genre yet (I went on to read most of Belinda's other books after it but none of them compared - the only one that came close was I Love Capri)
I think the fact that I read it on holiday in the sunshine added to it but really it's just a darn good book.

I liked the different setting - a cruise ship and then Greece. To thi
Ulya
Sep 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, read-2009
Surprisingly i really liked the book.. Initially i was interested in another of Belinda Jones' book, Cafe Tropicana, but somehow never managed to pick it up. By chance i came across this book, so thought i'd give her a try and i was not disappointed.

The story revolved around Selena Harper, who works on a cruise ship, going from one port to port and loving it. As her latest 2-month leave came around, she finds herself deserted by her newly-engaged best friend. Surprised to find herself feeling h
Julie
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A light-hearted romantic story set against the gorgeous background of Elounda, Crete. Very enjoyable story with the usual conflict between hero and heroine waiting to be resolved. In this case though I’m not sure that I fell for Alexos enough to wish for a happy ending, especially after what happened with Selina’s friend. I kind of kept hoping that she’d see sense and find her ideal match in Greg. I don’t want to spoil the story so you’ll have to read it to find out what actually happens.
  • One Minute to Midnight
  • Heaven Sent
  • One Thing Led To Another
  • The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend (Sarah Sargeant, #2)
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Here Come the Girls
  • Welcome to My World
  • 10 Reasons not to Fall in Love
  • A Winter's Tale
  • Katy Carter Wants a Hero (Katy Carter, #1)
  • The Secret Shopper's Revenge
  • Last Christmas
  • All You Need is Love
  • Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend
  • It Happened in Venice
  • Getting Away with It
  • It Happened One Summer
Belinda Jones was born in Turnbridge Wells, Kent England. At the age of 19 she moved to London, where she resided for the next ten years before moving to California. She now lives in Los Angeles.

Belinda Jones writes books for women which focus around travel and womens issues, particularly relationships. Her books tend to fall into the romance, chick lit and women's fiction categories
More about Belinda Jones...

LoveTravel (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Divas Las Vegas
  • I Love Capri
  • The California Club
  • Cafe Tropicana
  • The Paradise Room
  • The Love Academy
  • Living la Vida Loca
  • California Dreamers
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • The Travelling Tea Shop