Start by marking “My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)

My Calamity Jane

(The Lady Janies #3)

Welcome ​to 1876 and a rootin’-tootin’ America bursting with gunslingers, outlaws, and garou.

JANE (a genuine hero-eene)

Calamity’s her name, and garou hunting’s her game—when she’s not starring in Wild Bill’s Traveling Show, that is. She reckons that if a girl wants to be a legend, she should just go ahead and be one.

FRANK (*wolf whistle*)
Frank “the Pistol Prince” Butler is
Expected publication: June 2nd 2020 by Harper Teen

To ask other readers questions about My Calamity Jane, please sign up.
Ash Rogers This is a separate Jane than our beloved Jane Grey. Her story is wrapped up, and all other Janes in this series stand on their own.

Start your review of My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)
Cynthia Hand
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
August 2018--Just finished a first draft! Hooray!
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
Dec 15, 2016 marked it as to-read
WHAT IS THIS ???

A SEQUEL TO MY LADY JANE???

AND IT COMES OUT IN 2020???

THAT'S LITERALLY IN 3 YEARS!!

I

P

H
I
S

BUT I'M SO HAPPY THAT I CAN OVERLOOK THIS LONG ASS WAIT.

Who am I kidding ?? How does one wait for this?
Cindy ✩☽♔
Jul 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
10/10/19
I love the cover and the synopsis has me pumped!

Give me this book ASAP 😍

- - -
Wait what!? I literally just found out about My Plain Jane like a few hours ago, and now I see we will not only be getting one more book from this brilliant trio but two!? Woah this is like Christmas in July! I am starting to think they'll just do a retelling for every famous Jane we know, and you know what? I am totally fine with that ;D

photo tumblr_ny5wwrkSiu1u80qwgo1_500_zpsfeiokeho.gif
Wren (fablesandwren)
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cover was not orange and green, but I’m still really happy with this book! Western, our Lady Janies’ humor, talking dogs, were-umm, garous, and loads of history to be straightened out! Absolutely outstanding!

- - -

I'm calling this cover to be orange and green. If it's not, the rainbow will not be complete and I'll be sad.

- - -

THIS IS AMAZING OMGSH I CAN JUST NOT WAIT.

*lowkey singing the songs from the musical*

Sabrina
Feb 13, 2018 marked it as to-read

What that hell?? 2020!?!?

How am I suppose to wait 2 years for this book?

MeaganCM
May 01, 2020 marked it as 2020-priority-tbr
Can't wait for this! I hope this isn't the last one and they continue the series 😝
Hillary
Who wrote that synopsis? I can’t wait to read this but... *shudders*
Plus the cover... ehhhh what do you want me to say?
Christy
Oct 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
YALL WE HAVE A COVER. Check out all the details and preorder here!

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews
Sep 08, 2016 marked it as is-this-ever-coming-out
I am squealing like a pig over here. A remake of Calamity Jane you say?! That's my favourite film - well that and Goonies!
Lenna • Sugar Dusted Pages
So, um, I really need this - like now.
But I have one question. How will "Calamity" fit on the cover? My Lady Jane and My Plain Jane both fit, but there won't be space for the word Calamity.

These are the kinds of things I wonder about, apparently.
Sage Elizabeth
1.) My Lady Jane ★★★★★
2.) My Plain Jane ★★★★★
✦ Maica ✦
Dec 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
Let's be honest, My Plain Jane was terrible but I love these authors and this series enough to shoulder on an read the third book. Hopefully, it's better than the last one.
Lacey
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon!
Brad Sells
Apr 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
A wild ride from start to finish, My Calamity Jane soars with daredevil heroes (and “hero-eenes” for that matter!), buck-wild action that gallops off the page, and a genuine look at romance, friendship, and family set amongst the Wild West. I haven’t had this much fun with a series in a long time!

Just as with all the Lady Janies novels, My Calamity Jane’s biggest asset lies within its heroes and heroines of the plains. Jane, Annie, and Frank create a dynamic trio with so many hijinks, antics, an
Caitlin
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so fun. Westerns in general just are, but werewolves, and six shooters, and feminism, oh my! I love the foray into Deadwood, the real live people references and how we get to see all of our favorite historical characters twisted together in this book :)

Loved every word!
Mikaela
My only complaint is the date says 2020 which has to be a mistake
Ashlee
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as i-need-it-now
May 13th, 2020
Read the first two chapters of this and OH MY GOSH! It was amazing! I forgot how much I miss the Lady Janies and their books. Y’all, I’m more than ready for this one!🤠📚

November 2nd, 2019
I’ve been meaning to post something about this for a while. Who else is excited for this installment? Because I know I am!🙋🏽‍♀️
Alyssa
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
So I officially have a 2020 to-read shelf.
Anka “Viva La Papaya”
I really liked My Lady Jane (much better than the second one) but I’m super excited for this one!
Megan
Feb 22, 2020 marked it as not-yet-released
Okay, so maybe I thought My Lady Jane was only okay, and maybe I DNF-ed My Plain Jane , but like, who could read the blurb of this book and not want to read it?!

description

SO ready for all these badass characters!
Nora
Sep 28, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
Not just one more book from them but two?!? OHMYGODI'MHYPERVENTILATING. I can't wait for 2018 (My Plain Jane ) and 2020 (My Calamity Jane). I'm so happy and excited.
Colby
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
NOOOO. My review disappeared! I swear Goodreads keeps glitching on me!

Alright, well, I guess this will be short! I'm not usually one for westerns, but these women know how to write a comedic retelling! I really enjoyed the characters they brought to life, the setting, and, of course, the jokes!

The romance is there, for a few characters, actually, but as always it's only a portion of the story! I really wish my original review were here, because I spent os long perfecting it. Alas~~~

Just know if
Alison
Feb 03, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Youtube

Gimme.Gimme.Gimme. It's almost like the Lady Janies were writing a birthday present for me.
Tânia

Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Eh, yes. 100% yes.
Kara
Oct 10, 2019 marked it as series-to-finish
It finally has a cover and a synopsis!

THAT COVER THOUGH!!
Eva B.
Oct 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
IT HAS A COVER!!!
I can't wait for the Annie Oakley aspect, I'm so excited y'all!!!!
Jessica
#1 My Lady Jane - ★★★★☆
#2 My Plain Jane - ★★★☆☆
Cynthia Hand is the New York Times bestselling author of several books for teens, including the UNEARTHLY trilogy, THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE, MY LADY JANE and MY PLAIN JANE (with fellow authors Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows), THE AFTERLIFE OF HOLLY CHASE, and the upcoming novels THE HOW AND THE WHY and MY CALAMITY JANE (also with Ashton and Meadows). Before turning to writing for young adults, ...more

• The Kingdom of Back
  • The Light in Hidden Places
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Blood Countess (Lady Slayers #1)
  • A Good Girl's Guide to Murder (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #1)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Where You Go (The Rambler Battalion, #1)
  • As You Are (The Rambler Battalion, #2)
  • The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1)
  • Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Not Quite Crazy (Not Quite, #6)
  • Daisies in the Canyon (The Canyon Series #2)
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • The Deck of Omens (The Devouring Gray, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Individually, Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows are three authors who write fantasy and paranormal novels for young adults. Together, th...