Start by marking “Come and Get Us” as Want to Read:

Come and Get Us

James Patterson’s BookShots. Short, fast-paced, high-impact entertainment.

What is her husband's secret?

Miranda Cooper's life takes a terrifying turn when an SUV deliberately runs her and her husband off a desolate Arizona road. With her husband badly wounded, she must run for help alone as his cryptic parting words echo in her head: 'Be careful who you trust.'
Published December 15th 2016 by BookShots (first published December 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Come and Get Us, please sign up.
Sarah Daniluk 16+. While this book does depict violence, it doesn't have cursing or sexual content so, it's nothing too terrible.

Start your review of Come and Get Us
Suzy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

I really like reading Patterson’s “BookShots”. They are quick reads - much like his full length novels - in a small package!

Miranda, her husband Aaron and their daughter Sierra are run off the road and over a cliff while on a family vacation. Who did it and why? The story kinda resembles the movie Erin Brockovich with a bit more action thrown in.

I really loved Miranda’s character. I’ll always give props to the main character being a tough woman who kicks butt!

The books are shor
Matt
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshots
In their second BookShot collaboration, Patterson and Serafin deliver another winner, as unique as it is adventurous. Travelling along the canyons between Arizona and Utah, Miranda Cooper has husband, Aaron, and four year-old, Sierra, along for the ride. After an impatient driver forces them off the road, their van careens into a ravine. Hurt, scared, and out of cell range, the family must regroup and Miranda takes charge. Miranda guides Aaron and Sierra away from the elements, but with a signif ...more
Lawrence
I wish this book was longer!
Dominique
This book started off really good but after the first three chapters I wasn't too interested. These bookshots are really like a hit or miss.
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
may be the best Bookshot, at least top 3, I've read so far...made me long for an entire novel with more details and character development! color me pleasantly surprised. :-))
Wendy
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Come and Get Us

I have come to enjoy James Patterson's Bookshots very much but now that I have read a couple of these stories I'm beginning to think that some of these should have been full length books instead of short stories and this was one of them. Good plot but too short.
Christine (KizzieReads)
That was action packed and intense, but a little like an unbelievable movie. LOL If you like kick ass females, and Erin Brokovich, you will definitely love this quick, but oh so good read!
Kate~Bibliophile Book Club
It is possible this was my favourite one. A car is rammed ff the road and it becomes a race for survival as an unseen force tries to stop Miranda at every turn. There is more to this than meets the eye, and I was intrigued to see how it would play out. The wilderness, tension and characters made this one really good. I read the whole thing really quickly just to see where JP was going. Definitely the best of the Book Shots I’ve read.
Steven
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: james-patterson
Intense!!! Action packed with a great cast of characters. Lots of suspense and thrills. I couldn't put this book down.
Nise'
Miranda and her husband Aaron and daughter Sierra are taking a weekend trip. When they are forced off a cliff and survive she has to go for help. Before Aaron passes out he tells her to be careful who she trusts.While climbing up the cliff someone shots at her. She realizes that this was no accident. With break neck speed Miranda has to get help. When she outwits those coming for her and gets her family to their destination, she discovers their lives are still in danger. With quick thinking she ...more
Stephanie ((Strazzybooks))
3.5/5. Suspend disbelief and go on the adrenaline ride. It was like reading an action movie and pretty entertaining. Miranda was a bad-ass lead character.
Becca
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely be careful who you trust. Big wig oil company sends bad guys out to take out someone and their family because he was going to testify against them. They have to make it to safety before they die
Keri
3.5-4 stars. This was another really strong story in a BookShot. I guess I missed a bunch of the better stories here. For a while many of the BookShots were pretty tough for me but this is the second one recently that I’ve really enjoyed. I wished this story was longer because I liked the characters and the plot was interesting. Miranda was really strong and I liked the woman being the one to have to tough through the wilderness to save her husband and daughter instead of the reverse. The backgr ...more
David Blyth
Spoilers!!

Another fast paced thriller from James Patterson and his writing team - this time Shan Serafin who I've never heard of. Like all of Patterson's work thus is short chapters.
Told in the first person by the character Miranda Cooper, wife of Aaron who is a lawyer for Drake Oil. Travelling with their young daughter, Sierra they are forced off the road by an SUV and fall hundreds of feet into a Canyon River. The storyline tells of Miranda's search for help for her injured husband, her encoun
Linda
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miranda was trying to outrun the black SUV that was on her bumper but she was unable to and the huge vehicle pushed her van over the cliff. As it tumbled over and over, she heard her daughter screaming. She helped her injured husband and daughter out of the car and into a small cave she found. She was leaving to get help when her husband told her to be careful of who she could trust. She got the feeling that he knew more about what had happened to them but knows she has to get help so she starts ...more
Crissy
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The family was on a drive enjoying themselves and the sights on the way to a work meeting. In the blink of an eye the minivan is airborne and then the fight to survive is on. Usually you see the husband taking charge but his injuries were too much so he was left behind with the child while mom went looking for help.
Story moved quickly even for a BookShot. I had guessed from dad's comments before passing out that he knew what was going on. The little girl was a bit advanced for what I see the ave
Mick Scrimshaw
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Short, fast-paced and exciting. A bit unbelievable in places, but this is supposed to be entertaining not high art. These short “Bookshots” are also a great concept. Just the sort of thing needed for a bus journey or sitting around in a doctors waiting room. A great introduction to the author. I’ve never read any James Pattterson before. I think I was subconsciously put off by his popularity (weird eh?) but after this brief introduction I will go out of my way to give him a proper try.
Darren
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book from a book store. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. It was full of action/adventure.
Margaret Devaux
Jan 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Such a short book. It's not worth the read. It skimmed the surface about the reason they were being killed and is not that interesting.
Juli
Jan 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was first "Bookshots" book. It was okay, I like the idea of "Bookshots" a lot, but I didn't think this particular story was that gripping.
Rita Nelson
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great edge of your seat read. One you simply cannot put down. Should have been a full length novel.
Amber Garabrandt
Summary:
            A family trip takes a deadly turn when Miranda's car is deliberately run off the road.  Her young daughter is shaken, her husband badly hurt, and there's no help in sight.  Miranda must move forward, climbing a mountainside in search of help.  Her husband's parting words: "Be careful who you trust."  What exactly has he gotten them into??? Dodging killers and running on fumes, can the family make it out alive?
My thoughts:
          Holy heck, what a ride!  Buckle up and make s
Amy Lynn
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thrill seeker

A high speed chase, a car accident, a secret hidden away from the family, and a fight for survival! Not knowing why someone was out to kill her, Miranda fights for her survival, doing things she never thought she was capable of in order to save her husband and daughter. At the end, the family secret is revealed, and her husband and she take down the entire operation, getting the justice they deserve.
Donna
Mar 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
On a family vacation, Miranda, her husband Aaron, and their four year old daughter Sierra are driving through a canyon in Arizona when a SUV does a PIT maneuver to run them off the road. Aaron, a lawyer, is injured but Miranda manages to help him get into a small cave. Being in a cell phone dead zone, she realizes she will have to leave Sierra with Aaron to go for help. After she walks and climbs for a while, the driver of the SUV starts shooting at her, and Miranda realizes perhaps her husband ...more
Nadine Larter
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Again just another ok read, though I will admit that it was less formulaic than the last one I read. I liked that it wasn't predictable in that there wasn't really anything to predict. It was just an easy read that was gentle on a tired brain which is just what the tired brain needs sometimes. Like right now my brain needs someone else to type this review because I am so tired guys....
Kathy
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of his bookshots. A family is traveling to a ranch in Arizona when they are suddenly forced off the road and over a cliff. This results in the father being injured pretty badly. The wife goes looking for help, leaving the father and her little girl in a cave. Only to find that the person who forced them off the road is now searching for them with some friends and they all have guns. She needs to save them, but how? What has her husband done?
Darinda
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miranda is driving when someone forces her SUV off the road, and over a cliff. Amazingly, she and her family survive, but her husband is badly injured. Someone wants them out of the picture, but Miranda must keep a step ahead to keep her family alive.

A novella that is packed with action. This book is a very quick read. Entertaining. Fast-paced. Exciting.
D.L.
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, but not all that great either. It had some action but not enough for my liking. Definitely not Patterson's (or his ghostwriter's!) best work.
Dorel
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book's story line was good. I really liked the action in this story. I really liked Miranda's character. I really liked Miranda's toughness in this story. I liked the ending.
teresa house
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really enjoyed the book, it keep me on my toes. Can't wait to read more, I have always liked James Patterson
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Hot Winter Nights (Bear Mountain Rescue, #1)
  • The Mating Season
  • Bodyguard (Under Covers #1)
  • Exquisite (Diamond Trilogy #3)
  • Sacking the Quarterback
  • Radiant (Diamond Trilogy #2)
  • Dazzling (Diamond Trilogy #1)
  • Learning to Ride (Sunnybell #1)
  • A Wedding in Maine
  • The McCullagh Inn in Maine
  • The Weekend Wife
  • Dawn's Early Light
  • The Return (Sunnybell #2)
  • Sexy Summer Flings (Bear Mountain Rescue #2)
  • Sabotage (Under Covers #2)
  • Bedding the Highlander
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo