Start by marking “Alien Dragon's Baby (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #1)” as Want to Read:
Alien Dragon's Baby (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #1)

Alien Dragon's Baby

(Red Planet Dragons Of Tajss #1)

Not every alien is an enemy, even if he kidnaps you...

Calista is happy with her life of scientific research. She has no need for a man, she has her books, her friends, and her work. Things are fine until her ship is attacked by space pirates and crash lands on a desert planet with heat so intense she and her friends can't survive without help.

Ladon is a Zmaj warrior r
Published July 27th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Alien Dragon's Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Dragon's Baby

Start your review of Alien Dragon's Baby (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #1)
Hayat

I was in the mood for a silly entertaining sci-fi romance, also Dragon's Baby reminded me of the Ice Planet Barbarians, but this one was short of the mark.

The beginning was fun and engaging, I especially liked the scene where the cheeky old man forgot his ID and was outrageous and funny. Things quickly deteriorated as soon as they got boarded by space pirates, crash land on a desert alien planet and no one was injured even though they were all without safety gear and passed out in the
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

So my friend CC called this a knock off of all our fav blue alien series and I just thought that, "Yeah okay, it might be a knock off but between sexy blue aliens and hot as hell dragon men, I would always go for the dragon."

How could I resist?

So did it seem similar? YES! Ridiculously similar.

Based on what I just read, if I ever end up in a situation where I have to choose between blue horned aliens and dragon men with wings, to spend the rest of my life with . . . I'm going with the sexy blue
CC
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this. Even though it seemed like almost a knock off of my favorite blue alien series.

I really liked Landon and Calista. Enjoyed the story. It totally sucked me in!
Marta Cox
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a sci fi romance and had this recommended to me. A story written by two completely new to me authors and several good reviews for what I thought might just be run of the mill alien captures human. Hmm well yes and no actually. Calista is part of a crew on a voyage to find a new home ( she's third generation) and I will be honest here and say it doesn't really feel very futuristic to this reader at all . They are attacked and the ship breaks up leaving Calista and fellow sur ...more
Tricia Len
I liked this story....the heroine was weak for an Alpha Dragon to pick... she could have used more backbone and to stand up for herself w/her fellow humans. I liked the Dragon Alien...he was strong, smart, kind, but protective...
Ivy Deluca
description
[for Series]
I’ve found a new crack obsession. My definition of crack is a crazy balls-out premise, an alien hero (different color and/or unusual appendages are a MUST), a tried and true romance formula and a fascinating ‘verse that captures my interest. Boy, has the Dragons of Tajss delivered. Does it have its flaws? Yep. Do I give a flying zemjla? Nope, not even a little bit.

A mishmash of different fantasy/sci-fi components that we’ve seen in shows from Dr. Who to Beetlejuice, this is a series
Lillie
Feb 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
DNF

1st) Too many modern day movie references for me to honestly believe this story takes place in the distance future, a future where the heroine is a third generation passenger on a ship.

2nd) The writing style was confusing at times. Example; a pirate blocks the path of the heroine and her friends. Suddenly he has a hole in his head... Never explained how it got there. It's just there and the pirate is (ex machina style) dead. There were a lot of instances like this where things weren't explain
Chappy

This new to me author and series have some potential, but some things didn't work for me.

I liked the idea of the human generational ship trying to get to a new home. The pirate attack was sudden and they were really lucky to even be able to crash on a planet.

Ladon is pretty amazing. He is not a shifter, but rather an alien that has some dragon features like scales, wings and a tail (view spoiler). He rescues Calista and decides to keep her, but
Christa
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope, dragons, 2018, freebie, aliens
Total rip-off ice planet barbarians.
Dominique
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not bad but really not good

The plot is a good one even if it reminds me of another series just hot and not icy. However that’s where the good ends since this story goes down hill quickly.The heroine is a weeping silly spineless mess so you really never feel any real connection to her. Guy saves her and has treated her well he shows some interest a lady nut job runs off screaming in a unfamiliar alien world only to be captured and require saving from the very alien that saved her before. They hav
Brandy Walker
May 24, 2020 marked it as dnf
Of course he decides that touching on our passed out girl’s vagina is a great idea. Who needs something insignificant like consent?
Yvonne Daniels
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Yvonne by: Miranda Martin and Juno Wells
Dragon's Baby
Red Planet Dragons of Tajss Book 1
by Miranda Martin, Juno Wells
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WOW! This is a Spectacular read. What a phenomenal story that's written so well with lots of humor. The dialogue is clever, awesome and incredible. The characters are creative, amazing, unique and captivating. I absolutely adore the way Miranda and Juno always do a phenomenal job with the alien worlds, scene descriptions and characters. This is a truly FANTASTIC story! This story is about Ladon and Calista. Ladon
books_with_her_coffee
Apr 14, 2020 rated it did not like it
This book has so many problems.
The second I finished this book, I immediately called a friend to talk to, and we had the best time talking about the ridiculousness of this book.

Let's firstly discussing the elephant in the room: Landon raped Calista during his /'exploration", but the author played it off as "yes he touched her without her consent and she said no several times, but she enjoyed it!"

Second, there are still Star Wars /Star Trek references? One hundred years in the future? Really? We
Kate V
Sep 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I picked this up because I like Ruby Dixon's books and thought why not? Well nothing really worked for me in this. The world building wasn't that great. The language barrier between the hero and heroine was annoying. I felt like it took away from building the H/h relationship. The heroine was supposed to be smart but came off dumb. The hero was ok. The steamy parts weren't good in my opinion. Unfortunately, this was a flop for me.
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
I really liked this book. I really enjoyed the romance and the relationship between these two characters. I also was intrigued by this universe and I’m eager to see more of it.

The only thing I wasn’t a big fan of in this book was the end. It felt rushed and I felt like a lot of things are left open ended or incomplete. I also felt like the title of the book was a bit misleading of what the story is about.

I’m eager to read the next book though!
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
I liked the story and the humor between the characters. The romance was good. A few places dragged with too much description, but overall I'd continue with the series to see what happens next.
Zara West
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romances, fantasy, sci-fi
A fun sci fi romance with hot doings with an alien. Be ready to suspend your belief.
Amanda Thomas
Jun 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
So weird I loved it.
Katrina
Meh.
MLL
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Heroine's Brain Is Lost In Space

"She has no sense! No protection, no weapons, not strong enough to lift a baoba limb on her own and she runs off blindly. Stupid and dangerous." These words by Ladon describe Calista perfectly.
She starts out the book seeming pretty intelligent. She's a biochemist who wears glasses. But once she crashes on the planet her glasses disappear (with no mention of them or indication she has any decrease in vision) and her intelligence disappears as well. The rest of
Allie Ritch
Aug 30, 2016 rated it liked it
The setting was fantastic, the descriptions were well done, and I loved the hero. This was a super fun story, and I would have given it four or more stars if it had just been edited better. I don't usually harp on the editing too much, but this one had tons of run-on sentences, dropped letters and punctuation, and even a few content mistakes that kept knocking me out of the flow of the story. The characters and plot were so good that I shouldn't have had to stop and figure out that the authors m ...more
Kristy Mills
This is a book about a colonization expedition crashing on a very unforgiving planet with a lot of nasty animals and predators and a few surviving man/dragon species.

Calista is a biochemist. Her job is to go out and find vegetation and try to find food for the survivors. She doesn't make it far before she is overcome with heatstroke. But lucky for her she has a protector watching over her ready to swoop in and care for her.

Ladon just wants to care for Calista and nurse her back to health. And h
Kelly
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. We have a solitary, mostly feral dragon warrior who's sort of lost himself in his day to day survival needs. When he comes across Calista after the ship she's on crash lands on his planet, his protective instincts are roused. Knowing she'll die without his help (she's in a bad way when he finds her), he does what he needs to do to keep her safe.

And while the sexy times probably weren't necessary to her survival, Calista wasn't saying no. A couple of Os put the lady in a very re
Renee
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

It's like a cross between Last Hour of Gahn and Ice Planet Barbarians. Not very original but still, if you like those kinds of stories and try not to compare every little thing you should like this as well. I'm going to download the next book in the series, I want to find out how Jolie takes to being kidnapped and hope she doesn't put up too much fuss. Oh, and I hope she doesn't have as many TSTL moments as calista did because, damn, that girl didn't listen for crap and made so many s
Kim
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series

This is a stand alone book and is a great start to a new series. I liked the world building and the plot. The characters were likeable, but I could have used a little less crying from the heroine. I also enjoyed getting both points of view from the H & H. The story had some interesting twist and turns. Well worth reading.
Anino
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
A fun read

As with every alien romance book that I've read this far, this one was fun, but it wasn't pitch perfect. It was captivating in part, but the small areas of lag, caused this one to lose stream.
Blue Rose
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
More than it seems.

Yes it is a romance, but it's also so much more, it's a really great sci-fi about good characters. And it may feel like a fan fiction from the Dune-iverse, but that is only the idea that gave birth to this planet and its unique lifeforms. Well done.
Karen Fisher
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun read!

Calista is stranded on an alien desert planet. When out hunting for plants she finds Ladon who is more Dragon than man. What a fun read. I laughed out loud a lot when Ladon was exploring Calista's anatomy. Look forward to more stories from this author.
Dena
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sexy

The hero was awesome I couldn't get enough of him he was caring and compassionate. At times I hoped these characters were real. CAlista was a great heroine she took charge and care of Ladon. They were a great pair and I'm really hAppy with this story.
JML
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
It was good. Funny and cute throughout most of the story. I didn't find it highly original, it was very similar to the Ice Planet Barbarians books,but good enough that I'd like to read the second book to see what happens to Joliet.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Alien Warrior's Captive Bride (Draconian Warriors, #1)
  • Alien Freak (Alien Abductors #2)
  • Taulan (Dragons of Preor, #2)
  • Alien Creep (Alien Abductors, #1)
  • Jarek (Dragons of Preor, #1)
  • Brukr (Dragons of Preor, #8)
  • His Human Surrogate (Monsters Love Curvy Girls #2)
  • Alien's Primal Bond (Fated Mates of Apara #1)
  • Inferno (Elemental Mates #2)
  • When She Belongs (Risdaverse #4)
  • Claimed (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors, #1)
  • Her Alien Prince (Voxeran Fated Mates, #1)
  • Draekon Abduction: Exiled To The Prison Planet (Dragons In Exile, #4)
  • The Legislator's Lover (The House of Kaimar #4)
  • Caveman Alien's Ransom (Caveman Aliens, #1)
  • Glacier (Elemental Mates #1)
  • Draekon Heart: Exiled To The Prison Planet (Dragons In Exile, #3)
  • Obsidian (Elemental Mates #3)

To be notified of new releases, special sales, and get a FREE ebook, subscribe here: http://newsletter.mirandamartinromance.com/

USA Today Bestselling Author of fantasy and scifi romance, Miranda Martin's books feature larger than life heroes with out-of-this-world anatomy and smart heroines destined to save the world. As a little girl she would sneak off with her nose in a book, dreaming of magica

Red Planet Dragons Of Tajss (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Dragon's Mate (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #2)
  • Dragon's Love (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #3)
  • Dragon's Hope (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #4)
  • Dragon's Kiss (Red Planet Dragons Of Tajss, #5)
  • Dragon's Capture (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #6)
  • Dragon's Taming (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #7)
  • Dragon's Desire (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #8)
  • Dragon's Claim (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #9)
  • Dragon's Heart (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, 10)
  • Dragon's Flame (Red Planet Dragons of Tajss, #11)

News & Interviews

“You work here so you know the rules, Mr. Chamberlain," the burly security guard frisking him says. "Here now, you touch the merchandise you better be ready to finish what you started!" the old man cries out as the guard pats down his leg. I snort.” 0 likes