Start by marking “Honeymoon Suite” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon Suite

Honeymoon Suite

'[A] fun and fizzy romantic comedy' says the Daily Mail. Wendy Holden, the number one bestselling queen of romantic comedy, returns with a wonderfully warm and witty tale, guaranteed to delight her legions of fans. 'With plenty of laughter, love, fun and characters you really care about, this is the perfect companion for a weekend spent curled up on the sofa' Heat magazine ...more
Published January 26th 2017 by Headline Review

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon Suite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeymoon Suite

Karen Whittard
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book. With a wonderful cover that drew me in from the start. The writing style is really different to what I usually read and like. But it really worked for me and I really liked all the more detailed descriptions. The characters in the book are great and it's a funny, laugh out loud romo of a book. I throughly enjoyed it
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From its stunning cover, to the wonderful story inside it, Honeymoon Suite is a brilliant romantic comedy, taking in many storylines that all interlink in a great way.

There is Dylan the author, who starts the book with a psycho girlfriend, but then after an incredibly nerve wracking incident, he changes his life completely and his identity, He works out what triggered this, was after a chance meeting with Nell in a pub, with a different case of mistaken identity.

Nell also thinks that everythin
Jo
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First off I love the cover - it is what drew me to the book in the first place. Not read one of Wendy Holdens books for a while because for me they all got a bit silly. This one started off promisingly well - some interesting characters. But sadly it all got a bit daft and some of the characters (Angela) were irritating. Enjoyed the storyline about George though.
Alba
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Originally posted on: http://www.albainbookland.com/2017/02...

Honeymoon Suite is my first book by Wendy Holden. I know many people who have loved her previous books, so I was really curious to discover her writing. I could tell from the beginning that it was going to be an eventful story with the air of a romantic comedy movie, where many coincidences bring two people together.

In the first few chapters we get to know the two main characters separately, Nell and Dylan. I really enjoyed this part
Emma Crowley
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I have read anything by Wendy Holden. I had read a few of her books in the past but the last one I read Marrying Up really wasn't that good and that put me off reading more from this author. Then along comes Honeymoon Suite with the most gorgeous cover that couldn't but fail to brighten up the long gloomy days of January fortunately it's the month of its publication. It is so colourful and bright and would certainly stand out on the shelves of a bookshop and say buy me now ...more
Joséphine (Word Revel)
August 2, 2017

Full review is up on Word Revel.

____________

July 29, 2017

Initial thoughts: At first, I really struggled to get into Honeymoon Suite. There were a lot of characters to note, as the third-person omniscient point-of-view constantly flitted from one to the next and back. Their paths hadn't crossed yet, so it was confusing trying to keep their individual stories straight while trying to grasp the overarching plot of how their lives would intertwine.

Once I got past that disconcerting beg
Claire Davis
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read a lot of similar books I thought I would give someone different a try and I wasn’t disappointed in the slightest. A lovely and very easy read with twists and turns along the way. Lots of characters with different stories which all linked into each other. Looking forward to reading some more by Wendy.
Nadi 🌴☀️👙
Annoying characters, sloooow story & tbh it's more realistic to see a unicorn in your garden than a story happening like this.
There are some (maybe one or two) good parts but before you can celebrate them they're over and you're back in a bedtime story for adults.
Faye Bryan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. It was well written and I liked the characters. I am intrigued to find out if there will be a book 2 in the series....maybe there is already, I best check!
Becky Innes
This book started off as an interesting read but it became slow and dreary, having slight ups where I was interested again, only to be reading a few boring chapters. The storyline became unrealistic and the characters were annoying.
Anitajt
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't get in to this book, got bored, first time ever with her stories. Couldn't even finish it
Sally Akins
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclosure: I received a copy of Honeymoon Suite for review, but the opinions below are my own and unbiased.

If you’re looking for a feel-good read to brighten up the winter months, you won’t go far wrong with Wendy Holden’s Honeymoon Suite.

At nearly 500 pages long, Honeymoon Suite is quite a chunky book. And it needs to be, because there’s a lot of story going on in these pages. It follows the lives of two people. Copywriter Nell is bored with her London life, and looking for romance and adventu
Kate
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Maybe I'm misremembering things, but I though the earlier books I read by Wendy Holden were wittier and edgier. This was bog standard chick lit. A decent enough light read over a hot weekend but missing the snark.
Bev Taylor
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what could possibly go wrog?!

nell is left stranded at the altar and her best friend persuades - gang planks! - her to take advantage of her honeymoon suite which has already been paid for - by her

sworn off men and unhappy in her job, she finds both at edenville where a colourful cast of characters await her

as she becomes entangled in the lives of the locals and a man who is also lost, she finds she may be able to unblock all her dreams after all

wonderful prose and well written characters. th
Charlotte
Feb 16, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After reading the description and then reading the first few chapters I was wondering if I were reading the right book. After the main story got underway, it was so frustratingly predictable you already knew what was about to happen 10 pages before you actually read it. I thought the characters were also very immature; Angela for instance, is a women past 50 and dresses like a teenager, and also acts like a teenager, Nell and Dylan both blaming each other for the problems and taking no responsib ...more
Tempest Wylde
Wendy Holden is awesome. I loved her early stuff which was a bit more snarkier and a commentary on society and its mores.
But this new selection of her last 3 re-branded books are a lovely comfy read. Its all good and I love to know that when I read her books I will enjoy it.
Lesley Halliday
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book it was a heart warming chick flick book. Well written good characters and a good old fashioned love story with a happy ending!
Lynne

• Living the Dream
  • The House of New Beginnings
  • Graffiti Girl
  • The Yellow Room
  • Anna (One Love, Two Stories, #1)
  • Flight of a Starling
  • Converting Kate
  • The Lit Report
  • American Fraternity Man
  • Brand, Meet Story: How to Create Engaging Content to Win Business and Influence Your Audience
  • Counting Stars
  • Cut the Lights
  • Out of Tune
  • Get Happy
  • Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Wendy Holden grew up in Yorkshire, and studied English at Girton College, Cambridge. She worked in magazines for many years before joining Tatler's in 1997 as deputy editor, and later moved to the Mail on Sunday’s You magazine, which she left in 2000 to concentrate on writing. She regularly writes features for newspapers and magazines on a range of social, topical and lifestyle subjects and is als ...more