Start by marking “My Delicate Destruction (Wolfegang #1)” as Want to Read:
My Delicate Destruction (Wolfegang #1)

My Delicate Destruction (Wolfegang #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  209 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
They Promised her Hope...

My name is Katerina Anderson. In 2016, a drug called Hope was created. Administered during suspended animation, the drug was supposed to cure the cancer my twin brother and I had. When an earthquake leveled Los Angeles, we were presumed dead.

Forgotten, we slept.

The day I woke up, I realized everything had changed. My brother was missing, and ever
Published July 26th 2016 (first published January 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about My Delicate Destruction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Delicate Destruction

Crazy4Books
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-books
In 2016, a drug called Hope was created and administered during suspended animation to Kat and her twin brother to cure their cancer but when an earthquake leveled Los Angeles, they were presumed dead. Forgotten, they slept for 500 years. After waking up Kat books a passage on the Wolfegang spaceship to go look for her brother who woke up a couple years before her. With a vastely different world will Kat be able to blend in long enough to find him and get some anwsers.

The main character Kat is a
Laura Thomas
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Katerina and her twin brother, Kris, both have a fatal type of cancer. With a new drug called Hope, they just might have found the cure. Only drawback, they will have to sleep, frozen, for two years. They jump at the chance. The year is 2016.

Over 500 years later, Kat awakens to a strange new world. It appears they were assumed dead after a great earthquake, but signs show Kris awoke and was now gone. As she navigates the new world, she discovers Kris made some enemies and fled to another planet.
Edward Wolfe
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read half of the description and I was sold on the story idea.

(I didn't read the whole thing just in case it might have what I consider to be a spoiler. Have you ever read the back of a book or movie where it says something like, "After his wife and child are murdered, John is determined to seek revenge." But they don't die till a quarter of the way into the story. I hate that! So if I like the way a description starts, I stop reading it.)

I love the idea of a story where a person wakes up in t
☆Joycedale☆
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, r2r
This sounded like a great read. And I really did like it.
Katerina has just been diagnosed with cancer. After reuniting with her ex. Having been through this with her twin brother Kris when offered a chance at a cure they jump on it. The catch is they'll be asleep for 2 yrs.
When Katerina wakes up it has been hundreds of yrs and Kris is gone.
After trying to navigate the new world she finds out there was a massive earthquake and they were considered dead after the hospital they were in collapsed.
Sh
Dave Higgins
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Dividing the narrative between risk-taking and devotion to family, Ashe paints an accessible portrait of a teenager unconsciously choosing danger as a rejection of the loss of control cancer brings.

Katerina Anderson splits her time between racing cars and trying to give her twin brother, Kris, a pleasant last years as a rare form of cancer eats him away. Then she is diagnosed with a more acute infestation of the same cancer. An experimental drug offers a cure, but with one catch: purging the can
Katie Harder-schauer
I read this book in two separate parts (like I would have before when it was actually two separate books, My Delicate Destruction and Shadows in Darkness), so I wrote two separate reviews that I'm going to smash together here into one single, disjointed review. I was hired to proofread this book, and I believe the author is aware that I review books after I proofread them, but a review was not part of our agreement. If you feel that my connection to the book makes my review untrustworthy, so be ...more
Jaclyn
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“He's awake.”

The Good

This is a novella setting up the characters and the world. I knew that going in so I also knew that it would be a short read to wet my appetite for the next full-length book in the series. Ashe sets up the characters of Katerina and Kris who are twins in their teenage bubble of friends and hobbies. The writing is delivered in a way that all the important information is provided, and not a lot of unneccessary detail. You can tell where the story is going just by reading the b
Zara Lethallan
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alisha recommended this book to me awhile back, since I have a reading list a mile long. It takes me a while to read books that are not on my requested review list. But yesterday, I thought I would read and review this book this week. I love the cover to this book. If that is suppose to be Kat then she is uber pretty.

Have you ever been torn by book?

Well that is how I am feeling about this one. I love the story, character, plot, the main idea of the whole thing. I wasn't really on the edge of m
George Babec
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jillian Ashe books are always fun to read and this is no exception. It's a quick read leaving you wanting more. It leads into a series. I like the twists and turns. The captivating storyline draws you in and holds your attention. The charters are well defined and intriguing to follow their adventures.
Larissa Campos
Jul 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: science-fiction, swt
How does this have such a high rating. This is so ... weird.
(view spoiler)
Claire
My Delicate Destruction is a novella about twins who both get diagnosed with Leukemia. As Katerina's is more aggressive, they both opt to be frozen so that they can be cured. Something goes wrong whilst they're asleep and they wake up at different points in the future. Katerina goes looking for her brother.

Okay, this was a novella, so it was a slim and quick read. Unfortunately this is the text's biggest drawback. We're introduced to street smart Katerina and her brother, but before we can care
Dana Burkey
I like the concept of this story, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done to make it a really successful read that would make me want to keep reading.

First of all there was a LOT of exposition. A book should SHOW us, not TELL us things. It might mean taking out some chapters and skipping chunks of time, but it would help the flow.

Time moves un-realistically. 2 days to prepare for something THIS major? Never going to happen....

(view spoiler)
Robert
May 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by a new young author. Some of that rawness shows through in the book. However I think that this is a very nice start to what appears to be an extended series.

Like many science fiction stories it is hard to get all the details 'right' about future tech when we are all just guessing. I disagree with some of the actions in the latter half of the story based on my own beliefs of where the tech is headed. However it does stay with the theme of the book and one of the central
Elizabeth
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Throughout the novel, the first in the Wolfegang Series, Ashe portrays a young woman struggling with the hand fate has dealt her. She and her brother have always been close, and she is wracked with guilt over his illness, wishing he were well. She feels overwhelmed by his constant bitterness at his situation. Once he was athletic and confident; now he is run down and haggard. In order to deal with her emotions, she turns to the dangerous occupation of street racing. The challenges give her a fee ...more
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Delicate Destruction is the first book in a new series by Ashe. I typically read only paranormal romance, but after reading the synopsis of the book on Goodreads, I entered a contest to receive a copy and won. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at this little book. I was hooked instantly. The main character is introduced well and I felt kindred to her. Great detaling by the author, but not so much that you skip parts just to get past the tedious development. The only fault I have to thi ...more
Alisha Webster
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat pretends to be dauntless. Though quite a lot scares her. After she finally feels like everything in her life is falling into place a life changing event happens. Though she is not alone. She has her brother Kris and her friends/love interest by her side. Kat chooses to take an evasive action to solve her problem despite the outcomes probably being the same either way. Due to an incident completely out of her control, she is transplanted 500 years into the future. My Delicate Destruction is b ...more
Shawn Jones
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Jillian Ashe's first release and I am really impressed. With My Delicate Destruction, she reminds me of Louis L'Amour because of the POV writing style and the strong main character. I'm really looking forward to the next installment, and think Ms. Ashe has a great future ahead of her.
While I am not normally a YA reader, this quick introduction to the series gives readers a taste of the author's writing style, and a little glimpse into the personality of a young woman facing tough odds as
Le Christopher
May 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great debut novel by indie author Jillian Ashe. I really enjoyed reading her story about Kat and the unexpected turn that her life takes just when she thinks she has it all together. The characters are great - just complex enough to keep me interested but they didn't have any back story info dumps that are so tedious to get through. All in all it's a great little beginning to a new series, and I look forward to reading the rest. I highly recommend it.
Hari Selden
Feb 16, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many unexplained developments. LA is destroyed by an earthquake and 500 years later nobody has even bothered to remove the bodies from the ruble! The heroine is able to quickly " hot- wire" a car 500 years into the future and then drive it like a pro. All science fiction is built on the author's imagination, but it requires some type of explanation to at least make it seem plausible. Those explanations were missing in the book.
Coyora Dokusho
I think I picked it up because Amazon recommended it to me! BTW, Amazon, can you stop being evil so I can read my delicious kindleunlimited (tm) books without moral discomfort?!? XD

THIS WAS SO GOOD!!!!! Single quibble: I don't understand the title. BUT IT WAS SO GREAT! I loved the characters, the world-building was awesome, the plot was RIVETING, the emotions were extremely real, and I AM DYING FOR MORE!
D.S. McKnight
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jillian Ashe has a writing style that I found very enjoyable. Her characters are well developed as is the future she has envisioned. I loved the beginning of the story - the author did a great job not only capturing my attention but setting and maintaining the tone of the story.
Looking forward to Book 2.
Christy
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a science fiction book well worth the read! It has a good pace to it and the characters are interesting. I enjoyed the plot and look forward to reading more books in the series by author Jillian Ashe. I am now wondering more about the world that we get a glimpse of near the end of the book - so I will have to read book 2 to find out more!
Fran
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I sometimes enjoy indie novels because you never know what you are going to get. My Delicate Destruction is an interesting start. I like authors that love their subject matter, and it looks like Jillian Ashe does. I do agree that a more scifi start would be good, and I prefer full books rather than series, but if the same mood is continued, this should be an interesting story.
Branden Meyers
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, women
It reads like a really big prologue, but it's definitely effective as one. It serves as an excellent introduction to the two main characters thus far, raises a lot of interesting questions, and builds suspense for the series to come.
John J Sanders
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great start to a series

Though you know where the story is headed by the preface, it still was very well written. As a reader, I became vested in the main characters and journeyed with them as they progressed through their adventure.
Joyce
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but too short. Way too short.
Jenna
Jun 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't expecting to find a new series, but I did. This was a short read and I can't wait to read the sequel.
Nice cover.
Elia Juarez
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book please? Like right now?
Sandra Leblanc
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally enjoyed this book I's the benging of a great series ,Can't wait to see what happen with Kat and Kris. Can you imagine waking up 500 years in the future. This is a five star read.
Emmyjo
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book takes place way in the future and that is awesome. However not for Katerina, she misses her life which is now the past.
Katerina ends up in the hospital and finds out she has cancer and only six months left to live. Her twin brother Kris has cancer as well. So when the doctor presents a solution that may work... Katerina decides to take it and her brother signs up. But this isn't some ordinary cure, this is being frozen for two years and being injected with meds to help cure the cancer.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Desecration
  • Linkage (Narrows Of Time, #1)
  • A Dark Collection: 12 Scary Stories
  • Fragile and Distant Suns: A Poul Anderson Collection
  • Legendary Detective at the World's End
  • Heaven 2.0
  • The Last (Zombie Ocean, #1)
  • Saving Brooksie
  • Yesterday's Flight
  • Rebel Spurs
  • The Chronicles of St Mary's Boxset Vol 1
  • Timedrops (Atopia Chronicles, #3)
  • Broken - Afflictions of the Evolved (The Evolved Trilogy, #2)
  • Sacred Breath Series (Books 1-4)
  • Seven Point Eight : The Second Chronicle
  • Curse (The Wexkia Trilogy, #1)
  • Captive Hero (Time-shift Heroes, #1)
  • Royal House of Shadows Box Set: Lord of the Vampires / Lord of Rage / Lord of the Wolfyn / Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #1-4)

Wolfegang (10 books)
  • Riding on Whispers (Wolfegang #2)
  • Feels Like Falling: a Wolfegang standalone novella (the Wolfegang series 2.5)
  • When Elements Collide (Wolfegang #3)
  • Far From Safe (Wolfegang #4)
  • Give Me Chaos (Wolfegang, #5)
  • Steal the Stars: An Epic Space Opera Adventure (the Wolfegang series Book 6)
  • The Wolfegang series Volumes 1-3: an epic space opera adventure
  • Red Team: the Wolfegang Archives (the Wolfegang series)
  • Charlie Foxtrot: Captain Chase Wolfe (the Wolfegang Archives Book 3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Darkness Brutal (The Dark Cycle #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Marked (Servants of Fate, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
  • Circe
    $13.99 $4.99
  • Poisonwell (Whispers from Mirrowen, #3)
  • Rama II (Rama, #2)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Secondborn (Secondborn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Rama Revealed (Rama, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Red Wyvern (The Dragon Mage, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Time's Edge (The Chronos Files, #2)
  • Brazen (Gilded #3)
  • Everyone Knows You Go Home
    $5.99 $1.99
  • (R)evolution (Phoenix Horizon #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Girl in the Shadows (Cirque American #2)
  • How to Train Your Dragon
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
“Pushing off the two men, he fought to get to his feet, and then staggered across the room until he was touching the glass to a cryogenic pod that was a mirror to his own. "Kat," he whispered, knowing she would never hear him.” 1 likes
“Her vitals were on a holographic display, and he could see that her heart was still beating. She was still breathing. "Katerina," he said. Rarely did he use her full name, but he used it now. "I think we're in trouble." Someone's hand touched his shoulder. Kris wasn't stupid. The men who had let him out weren't doctors, and the room they were in looked like it went through a holocaust. "What year is it?" he asked. The men shared a look before answering. "2510." They” 1 likes