Start by marking “Stained Glass (Alexi Sokolsky: Hound of Eden #2)” as Want to Read:
Stained Glass (Alexi Sokolsky: Hound of Eden #2)

Stained Glass

(Alexi Sokolsky: Hound of Eden #2)

A fractured community. Bodies full of shattered glass. A broken mage, stripped of his power.

While Alexi Sokolsky is hiding on the streets from the Russian Mafia, twenty supernaturally-gifted children are kidnapped from a foster home. Their adoptive parents, leaders in New York’s shapeshifter community, are brutally murdered by someone – or something – with incredible mag
Kindle Edition, 1, 524 pages
Published July 27th 2016 by Gift Horse Productions

To ask other readers questions about Stained Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stained Glass

Fenriz Angelo
Jul 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stained Glass, the second installment of the Hound of Eden series is as packed of action as the first one, also this one deals with darker themes. Though Alexi's journey feels less personal due to he getting involved with a motorcycle club of shapeshifters that have a terrible problem in their community. However, with the progression of the story you get to see that Alexi's actions and turn of events are important to him to understand that sometimes you cannot relay only on yourself to solve eve ...more
Natalie Perez
Oct 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
An improvement over the first novel, which is not to say anything was wrong with the former. Both are well written and thought out. Character growth continues as does Alexey's strange, sometimes distant, mannerisms. This reinforces my belief that he is not functioning normally on the mental spectrum. He seems a bit removed from people and emotions. Cold, but not in the cruelty sense. The character has issues picking up on nuances and emotions yet still feels.

It's solid book for the author to del
Jade Fallon
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing turn to Alexi's story. James Baldwin continues to impress with an ever expanding spectrum of characters. What I truely enjoyed was that you never feel there are side characters. Every new person feels like an entirely fleshed out individual that you actually want to know, or hate.

Yet again, James keeps me reading even when I dont usually prefer the first person style. An amazing book and an amazing series.
Jed Moulton
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story keeps ramping up and Alexi's world is about to come crashing down. Can you ever leave the organization? Well maybe, maybe not. After the events of Blood hound Alexi just wants to leave, learn about his abilities and start over. Yet the Boss is not going to allow that and Alexi loses everything, including his familiar and his magic. Alexi finds himself on the street, reading tarot for 5 bucks a session looking like a homeless person and in general hating life. It was on the corner wher ...more
Jenn
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great follow up

This series is insanely good. Cannot wait to read about the next stop on Alexi's magical, murderous journey. Loved every bit of it.
John Everett
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Well written sequel which introduces new characters, expands on the morphode and dermal highway and raises the stakes for Alexi.
Anne Bethany
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great writing. Solid story. Good look into the magical/occult world with heavy russian influences. Great follow up to Blood Hound.
Dilyana
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've reviewed a couple of books in this series already (I'll link the reviews below) and I've said before that this isn't a series that you can start from just about any book.

You have to begin with book one - Blood Hound, or maybe the prequel novella - Burn Artist, but I'd really suggest the former as the novella - as interesting as it is - feels like an extra given to people who are already into the series.

It wasn't until I posted my review on Book 3 - Zero Sum, that I realized I haven't shared
Joscelyn Smith
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alexi is back

Alexi Sokolsky is my new favorite anti-hero. This time around he is fighting without access to his magic, trying to find a group of missing kids. The only thing this book did was feed my need for the next one.
Twizzybingo
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's a very interesting series so far. It's deep, there's a lot of introspection and thought. Good writing and creative magic as well as diverse characters. Both personality wise and their actual physical representations. I recommend it.
Kelley
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very different book in a good way. It has a lots of wonderful action and fantasy elements. The main character has a lot of problems (I am guessing Asperger) and a lot of loss and pain. At times I had to take a break from his life it just got to be to much.
Cryogenic Fire
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Superb

Not for the faint hearted, but oh so worth the read. This series is deep, raw, surreal, gritty, hard, harsh and poignantly beautiful by turns. Love everything about it, and this is another excellent instalment.

Highly recommended.
Ken Robson
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Our favorite mage is back, but this time he is working for the good side.
This book contains violence, strong language and is very very good.
Zara
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An even deeper, better follow up to book one. Please read my review there. This is a great series.
Aaron
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adding depth and breadth to the world he set forth in Blood Hound, Baldwin drags Alexi through a grimy followup to the events of the first book.
Hauled out of the insular and planned life he vastly preferred, Alexi's next task introduces him to a new cast of characters.

Reading through the story told in these pages immersed me in a desperate fight that was intensely human and spellbinding; Despite the supernatural aspects of the story, or perhaps enhanced by them, Baldwin has a gift in his ability
Sylvia De
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stained Glass is the faster paced sequel of the first Alexi book Hound of Eden which I also loved a lot.
The book is full of plot twists and surprises and even though there is a lot of information about the backstory, it's clearly written and absolutely NOT boring. The information we get in this book made a lot of puzzle pieces fall in place for me, and I could get a clearer view about Alexi's world and his magic.
I especially liked the fact that the book is fast paced, with shorter and longer c
Sheva Bree
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got my copy of Stained Glass and started reading it at around 6am. I told myself multiple times I should stop and finish it later. But at the end of every chapter I had to know what happened next. So I read. And I read. And I read. When I reached the end of the book I was so sad. There was no more book left. I devoured the book in about 10 hours of continuous reading. I can't remember the last time I did something like that. It has been YEARS.

Love the characters. They all seem fully fleshed ou
Heather Halloran
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible follow-up to Blood Hound. It expanded the magical universe and introduced an amazing and diverse expanded cast, and DEFINITELY satisfied my appetite for colorful, intricate body horror. The protagonist’s character development took a ~very~ interesting turn while remaining consistent and believable. The series’ arc is shaping up to be much broader and more world-threatening than originally anticipated, despite some vagueness and confusion in the details of the mythos’ origi ...more
Stacy
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book - I couldn't put it down! Second book in the Alexi series - combines magic in a somewhat recent setting (I think it's set in the 1990s) with the grit of organized crime. It's not often that the second book is as good as the first, but this is, without a doubt. I can't wait to read more about Alexi...
Emily Godstaff
Nov 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second book is wonderful. You should read the first, Blood Hound. It's a dark, action urban fantasy novel about a magical mafia. It's good!
Jerry Kowalzki
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great follow up that shares more about Alexi as a person and seeing him grow, stressed and he seems to be acting better with people, understanding more.
Ryan Taylor
Levy
Feb 13, 2018
ray adams
Jun 26, 2018
Dragon Award-nominated author James Osiris Baldwin is a transgender man from Australia who writes gritty LGBT-inclusive, dark fantasy and science fiction. He was the former Contributing Editor for the Australian Journal of Dementia Care and has also worked for Alzheimer's Australia.

He currently lives in Seattle with his lovely wife, a precocious flame-point Siamese cat, and far too many rats. His

Alexi Sokolsky: Hound of Eden (3 books)
  • Blood Hound
  • Zero Sum: An Alexi Sokolsky Supernatural Thriller (Alexi Sokolsky: Hound of Eden Book 3)