Start by marking “Black Truth (A Twisted Fate Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Truth (A Twisted Fate Series, #2)

Black Truth (A Twisted Fate Series #2)

The lies all make sense now.

The answers I once sought are no longer a mystery … but everything I found only leads to more questions.

They say it’s better to have the cruel truth rather than a comfortable delusion. I’m not sure if I believe that anymore.

Sometimes the black truth is scarier than the white lie.
306 pages
Published October 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Black Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Truth

Megpie
Nov 04, 2016 Megpie rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

I flew through Black Truth!

It was a wonderful follow-up to White Lies! At the end of White Lies we were left with that HUGE cliffhanger so I immediately dived into Black Truth and I was not disappointed. Did I enjoy White Lies a little better? Yeah, mainly because it felt like every chapter there was a truth discovered and I was constantly shocked, I devoured all the twists and turns!

However, I still really enjoyed Black Truth and we still got some shockers in this one that left me stu
Annamaria
Oct 03, 2016 Annamaria rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars! This book should be read after first reading White Lies in order to fully understand it. Wow I thought the first book was edge of your seat thrilling, this books continues the ride if not going beyond that. I am leaving this review spoiler free. This book continues where the first book left off with Willow's story. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and can't wait to see where Ms. Mayer goes next! The story was beautifully written and the characters well developed. I highly reco ...more
Kaitlyn
Jan 31, 2017 Kaitlyn rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking WOW!! Boy am I glad I had Black Truth at my dispense after finishing White Lies. You're going to need to dive right in! I'm going to try and keep this as spoiler free as possible but hopefully be able to gush about it as much as possible. Because it deserves that and so much more!!

So don't worry because this picks up right where White Lies ended. And every single question you had will be answered. And more. The story just continues and never ever stops! The people in this book and
Penny Layne
Mar 12, 2017 Penny Layne rated it it was amazing
Talk about being left on a cliffhangers from White Lies!
From the beginning this book hand me entranced. Following this journey with Willow, we learn that Alex was the bad twin that took Gabe's place (unbeknownst to Gabe) to marry Willow.
I really refuse to give away too many pieces to this puzzle, just know that this is a seriously intricate storyline that takes you so unbelievably high highs and the deepest lows possible. I love this entire family and each character is deep and thoroughly thou
Lindy
Dec 16, 2016 Lindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written

I wanted a little more suspense in this one like the first book. It had romance and it focused on that than the "triggers" of the first book. Well written. Likable characters. I hope Trent finds love.
Kerry
Jun 15, 2017 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-suspence, ku
A really good follow up to book 1! I thought the story played out really well. My only complaint is that I was hoping for a bit more from the climax. It felt a little, well, anti-climactic. Still a very enjoyable story overall!
Beth
Oct 09, 2016 Beth rated it really liked it
4 Twisted Stars

Have you ever had vines take over your garden? A morning glory gone wild? Honeysuckle from hell that just won't leave your sunflowers alone? You have to go out and pull those vines off because they twist and bind and suffocate. Welcome to that in book form.

Warning: This is Book 2. It is a direct continuation of Book 1, White Lies. Do not read this as a stand alone.

I don't do spoilers, so it is going to be really hard to tell you about the characters without giving away the plot t
Vickie
Mar 07, 2017 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
I truly enjoyed Whites Lies. I couldn't wait to get to Black Truth.

Willow's love and trust have really been tested in these two books. When she thought she had lost her best friend, Carson, she wasn't sure how she could deal with it. She also worked really hard along side Francesca to talk him come back to everyone, at the same time they build a friendship just like Carson wanted.

There's also more to the Trent/Gabe story. If you read Black Truth for nothing else, you want to read it for twins s
Crystal
Oct 03, 2016 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Black Truth is the phenomenal, gripping conclusion to White Lies ( A Twisted Fate Series ). Must read them in order. You better buckle up because your in for one hell of a roller coater ride that will keep you captivatited from beginning to end. This book is so intense, and full of suspense and danger. The characters were extraordinary and realistic. I'm probably not doing a very good job at telling you how wonderful this series is but trust me, you need to read it.
Raeshelle, A Naughty Girl's Novel World
This is one of those “spoiler free” reviews where it is absolutely necessary to remain ultra hush-hush.

I will not even mention the hero and the heroines’ names because I want you to be intrigued, especially if you have not read part one in the series (White Lies).

To do otherwise does not do Kristin Mayer’s Black Truth the justice that it deserves.

I bet you are interested already.

The first thing I want to say is that this is NOT a standalone.

If you have not read White Lies, please stop reading
Ayennix
Oct 09, 2016 Ayennix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Black Truth is book 2 of Kristin Mayer’s Twisted Fate Series.

It is the continuation of Willow, Gabe/Alex, Carson, and Francesca’s story.

As you all know, White Lies ended in a huge cliffy, and yes, I know, I was dying to get my hands on part 2 as soon as I read the last words of White Lies.

In Black Truth, our questions are finally being answered one by one. We see who Tank really is and why he played “Tank” in the first place. We get to meet more characters and the threats start increasing expone
O.M.G. What.Did.I.Read!!!!!!
Feb 12, 2017 O.M.G. What.Did.I.Read!!!!!! rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. If you only read for steamy scenes (which I usually do). You won't get it in this series, but you will get an amazing love story with a huge suspenseful plot. A major cliffhanger at the end of book one, had me yelling " you can't just end a book like that". It was a roller coaster, and I loved every minute of it
Nikki
Jan 29, 2017 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A completely amazing ending

I have to be honest, I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to form the words to write this review. Speechless... that's what I am.

Kristin Mayer completely blew my mind with these two books. I mean I don't even know what to write to describe the amazingness she constructed. What is takes two pull this kind of story together boggles my mind, especially one where every scenario your mind constructs is completely and utterly wrong. How she kept the secrets is be
Sarah O'Kelly
Oct 06, 2016 Sarah O'Kelly rated it it was amazing
If you thought White Lies was good then you need to read this book stat!

I will admit that when I read the last page of white lies I wanted to scream, that was once I had picked my jaw up off of the floor. I could not wait to get hold of the conclusion of the series, and Kristin did not disappoint right from the first page of Black Truth you are thrown back into the drama and the pace does not slow down!

I love that the series was not drawn out and we didn't have to wait months to find out all t
Kathy
Oct 06, 2016 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Black Truth is book 2 of the Twisted Fate Series. OMGosh Kristin Mayer can write a suspense romance like a boss!!!! White Lies left us with us on literary life support with that cliffhanger but she released book two very shortly after and it was totally worth the couple week wait. I had a lot of scenarios in my mind of how things were playing out, some I was right and some I was wrong. I held on to the fact that in Kristin's previous writings she never left me without a HEA or closure of some so ...more
Michelle Ballard
Jan 23, 2017 Michelle Ballard rated it it was amazing
After all the white lies Willow is ready for the Black Truth and any fall out that comes with it. In White Lies Willow learned a lot about how deep Alex effected her life but in Black Truth so much more comes to light then she ever imagined. Everything she thought was the truth is nothing but lies all of it lies... How will Willow ever start to get past everything Alex did to her and her family? Not only is Carson in the hospital and no one knows what happened in the car accident or who is reall ...more
Rather Reading
Oct 06, 2016 Rather Reading rated it it was amazing
REVIEW:

I received an advanced readers copy of this novel from the author and or the publisher, in exchange for my honest review.

I did not read book one of this series, and Black Truth is book tow of this book series. However, even with that being said, I did not feel so far out of he loop that I couldn't read this book. It did of course make me extremely interested to read the first book! This book continues where White Lies let off, and we get sucked into all the drama and suspense of the firs
Jessica
Nov 20, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
Donna Mcaleer
Oct 08, 2016 Donna Mcaleer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Black Truth

What a great story full of twists and turns and deep deep love! This series is one of the best series I have ever read! Both books keep you guessing (and make you lose lots of sleep trying to finish them). I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this journey with Willow and Gabe and Carson and Trent (he needs a book). This story intertwines a great mystery with everlasting love, what a great combination. This 2-book series is a MUST read series! I LOVED it!
Thetaintedrose Ttr
Oct 28, 2016 Thetaintedrose Ttr rated it did not like it
I think Mayer definitely has potential as a writer, unfortunately Black Truth, like White Lies, just didn't work for me. Willow just made no sense to me. She trusted a man she knew nothing about, when she finds out who he is and should then be more trusting, suddenly she no longer trusts him. Perhaps it was all the times she was told "you're safe", only to have her life threatened. The suspense was cliché, so there weren't any real surprises, just lots of questions because so much just didn't ma ...more
Sassy Southern
Nov 05, 2016 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
I truely recommend reading the 1st book White Lies before reading this. I feel like I missed out on a good portion of the story and got thrown into something that was on going. That being said I only had to read the first few pages a couple times to grasp how this story went. It's a story of deceit, love, losing people you love and seeing the way some people are..... crazy. Over all I enjoyed this book and will be reading the first book so I can fully understand the story.
Nancy Metsch
Oct 03, 2016 Nancy Metsch rated it it was amazing
I don't know if my review will do this book justice. I said before that I believe Kristin Mayer is the new queen of mystery.
Gabe and Willow traveled down many roads. All of them bumpy and full of curves. Willow was truly a surprise in this book. When she needed to she was a toughie and I really loved that. Gabe what can I say about him. He has A heart of gold. I loved his love for Willow. They are truly a perfect match
Christine Stanley
Sep 19, 2016 Christine Stanley rated it it was amazing
So after that cliffhanger in White Lies I was desperate to get my hands on Black Truth!

This book was everything I was hoping it would be and more!

The twists and turns, the angst, the heart ache, and the overall suspense in this series was beyond amazing.

I really don't know what else to say without giving anything away.

All I can say is that if you're a romantic suspense lover then you have got to try this series! You will literally be left sitting in awe!
Kate
Oct 12, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
I really am struggling to write a review fitting for this book.
It's not because I don't think its good because if I could give this book 10* you know I would do it in a heartbeat!
There are so many twists and turns that I am worried about spoilers! Its literally non stop topsy turvy and all I can for sure tell you that you NEED to read this book!
Don't forget to read White Lies first or you will be completely lost!
Shellby
Oct 06, 2016 Shellby rated it really liked it
THIS IS NOT A STANDALONE! Please read book 1 before you read this book. I did not and I had to play connect the dotes. I absolutely loved this book. It was crazy suspenseful. It was also pretty emotional, but I just loved everything about the book. I personally think that the last chapter was my favorite put of the book.

-NightWolf Book Blog
Crystal Gray
Jan 29, 2017 Crystal Gray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing follow up to White Lies. This book still keeps you guessing, there are so many levels to the crazy in this series. This book brings it all to a head, and concludes nicely! This is a must read series.
Theresa Hoelzel
Dec 22, 2016 Theresa Hoelzel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No jo

What a outstanding series I was so in love with the 4 I love willow and Carson friendship and how willow cared so much trent. My god that family though a game wow. Love how much love they all have for everyone. The last book I cried at the end thought it was the end for him I was like no no . These are must reads
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Nov 03, 2016 Becca Stanfield Vernon rated it it was amazing
WOW!! I immediately started this book to get out of my funk from the cliffhanger. So glad I didn't start reading this duet before it was all available or I would have been so upset. Great great story & tons of twists & turns. Highly recommend u 1-click immediately!!
Michelle
Liked the HEA

Can't fool me. I suspected the twist revealed in this book early on in book one. I skimmed through this rather quickly. There is a lot of fluff. It was ok. But I'm not sure I would run and recommend it to my friends. Could have easily been one book.
Lisa Kolb
Jan 23, 2017 Lisa Kolb rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book !!! I didn't think White Lies could be topped, I was wrong!!!!! Awesome book!!!! Loved it!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

A Twisted Fate Series (3 books)
  • White Lies (A Twisted Fate Series, #1)
  • Twisted Fate Series Box Set: White Lies & Black Truth