Start by marking “Black Truth (A Twisted Fate Series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Truth (A Twisted Fate Series, #2)

Black Truth

(A Twisted Fate Series #2)

The lies all make sense now.

The answers I once sought are no longer a mystery … but everything I found only leads to more questions.

They say it’s better to have the cruel truth rather than a comfortable delusion. I’m not sure if I believe that anymore.

Sometimes the black truth is scarier than the white lie.
306 pages
Published October 6th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Black Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Truth

Megpie
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

I flew through Black Truth!

It was a wonderful follow-up to White Lies! At the end of White Lies we were left with that HUGE cliffhanger so I immediately dived into Black Truth and I was not disappointed. Did I enjoy White Lies a little better? Yeah, mainly because it felt like every chapter there was a truth discovered and I was constantly shocked, I devoured all the twists and turns!

However, I still really enjoyed Black Truth and we still got some shockers in this one that left me stu
Annamaria
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars! This book should be read after first reading White Lies in order to fully understand it. Wow I thought the first book was edge of your seat thrilling, this books continues the ride if not going beyond that. I am leaving this review spoiler free. This book continues where the first book left off with Willow's story. I thoroughly enjoyed this story and can't wait to see where Ms. Mayer goes next! The story was beautifully written and the characters well developed. I highly reco ...more
Kaitlyn
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking WOW!! Boy am I glad I had Black Truth at my dispense after finishing White Lies. You're going to need to dive right in! I'm going to try and keep this as spoiler free as possible but hopefully be able to gush about it as much as possible. Because it deserves that and so much more!!

So don't worry because this picks up right where White Lies ended. And every single question you had will be answered. And more. The story just continues and never ever stops! The people in this book and
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
4.5 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫
WOAH! I couldn’t put this book down, I completely devoured it. Drama, mystery, romance and seat-clinging suspense, Black Truth had it all!

Willow is in danger, but she has people surrounding her who promise to keep her safe and support her. One man vows to protect her at all costs, to lay down his life for her should he ever have to. She is everything to him and he won’t stop until there is no longer a threat to her safety or her life. So as not to spoil anything, I am omitting an
Erin
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The perfect epic conclusion to a wonderful series.

Mayer did a wonderful job tying up all the string from book one. The emotions from all the characters in this story story were developed so well and the depth felt between them was incredible. The characters were also very realistic and believable.

Kristin entwined suspense romance and angst in the perfect way. The gripping conclusion was a roller coaster of emotions that will take you on one intense ride fro start to finish. I cannot explain the
Cassie
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars -

I think Kristin Mayer has become my new favorite Romantic Suspense author!

This was the perfect follow-up to White Lies. I went into this one not knowing what the expect with the way White Lies ended, I flipped through pages finding it very hard to put this one down. There were surprises at every turn and they were sooooo good, some definitely unexpected and some that blew your mind.

I love the Friendship that Willow and Carson have and how wonderfully Gabe and Francesca fit in. This
Jill
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

“Together we create the light to fight away the darkness and find our way with each other. Always and forever.”

I stayed up way too late reading this . Could not put it down .
After reading this second book I now understand why it was broken into two books . The flavor snd tone does change in this book . And I loved it .
It’s like the first book was a bunch of cluster f’s just going deeper into the darkness of “what the “ and this one is the journey back out to the light again - like willow
Penny Layne
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about being left on a cliffhangers from White Lies!
From the beginning this book hand me entranced. Following this journey with Willow, we learn that Alex was the bad twin that took Gabe's place (unbeknownst to Gabe) to marry Willow.
I really refuse to give away too many pieces to this puzzle, just know that this is a seriously intricate storyline that takes you so unbelievably high highs and the deepest lows possible. I love this entire family and each character is deep and thoroughly thou
Mary Fazzi
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
This book had so much going on. First you have to start with the man that step out of the dark hallway. Shocking doesn’t even touch it. Alex is not the man she fell in love with. He wants to ruin Willow’s life. The one that she wants to hold onto. Carson is still part of Willow’s life and wants her safe and out of all this craziness that is happening but she is so strong and well loved that she is never alone. Carson is trying to build his life with Francesca. Francesca is all that Carson can th ...more
Kathy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Twisted Fate series, Black Truth, continues where White Lies left off and did not disappoint. While we find out fairly quickly in the second book who was behind all the horrific things going on in Willow and Carson’s lives, Kristin managed to write more twists and mystery to the story that kept you on the edge of your seat, page after page. Just when you thought you had it figured out, there was a surprise literally around the corner. A five star book with a perfect ending ...more
Gretchen Chasse
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion story to White Lies and it definitely does the first story justice. I don't know Mrs.Mayer was able to add even more drama and surprises to the story of Willow and Alex but she did it. And did it well. All your questions from book one are answered: who is Tack, what happened the Alex and who is after Willow? Not many books surprise me but this certainly did. There were a few twists that I didn't see coming and I love the author was able to do that. A well written dramatic ...more
Loralie
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book left in a cliffhanger, so I was happy I didn't have to wait long to jump into book 2. I loved Willow's character. She had so many things thrown at her and the people she loved most, and still maintained her good heart. Once again, there were a lot of twists and turns and secrets to figure out. It all seemed like what she thought she knew was turned on its head. I'm glad she finally found her HEA.
Jennifer Richey
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cue the water works & action

Wow!!! After the epic conclusion to book 1 that's when book 2 began!!! Well fiddle sticks this girl finds out some crazy information!!! I was glued to my iPad!!!! Between comas surprise babies finding out genders lots of crazy mysteries solved!!! This author tied up all the answers from book 1!! I'm still like omg!!! Amazing book!! I can't wait to read trents story!! I loved reading this series!!
Jennifer Cooper
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Willow and Gabe are soulmates with an Insta love which is too short due to Gabe’s military assignment. Meeting Willow had been fate and Gabe was prepared to return for her after his deployment but unfortunately that took a little longer than he had expected. Gabe was raised in a messed up environment with a psycho mother. The sequence of events is all part of the game....a deadly game and everyone that Willow loves is in danger and everyone is a suspect!
Lulu Dumonceaux
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Black Truth is the second book in the series and opens to reveal the answers to the ultimate of cliffhangers in the White Lies ending. Kristin Mayer did an excellent job of tying all the loose threads together in this suspenseful conclusion. The secondary characters are so good in this book. The romance is swoony and hot and the unraveling of the lies makes this a hard put to put down once you start.
Lizzi
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this conclusion to the Twisted fate series. All the characters are well written and had lots of depth. All the twists, turns and suspense of this story had me finishing this book very quickly. I liked how the author tied up all the loose ends and we got answers to all the lingering questions from both parts. A well worth it read!!! Can't wait for Trent's story.
ToniAnn Papa
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Black Truth is book 2 in the Twisted Fate Series. This cannot be read as stand a lone. Kristin is an amazing writer and keeps you on your feet the whole time. I was glued to this book. Kristin brings the characters together in ways you couldn't imagine. I was looking for more hot alpha scenes, but Gabe is perfect for Brooke!
Tammy Deighan
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was even better then the first book. If you enjoy mystery and adventure you will love this book. The love story is still there and that is hot. I think the author did a great job bringing us into this story. I really felt that I could feel what the characters where going through and the author made me get invested on how it all ended up.
Lindy
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written

I wanted a little more suspense in this one like the first book. It had romance and it focused on that than the "triggers" of the first book. Well written. Likable characters. I hope Trent finds love.
Stacy
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

This was the first series I have read from this author and its a great one. I can't wait for more to come. Willow and Gabe's story was full of emotion from suspense to love. I will definitely be checking out other books by this author I'm hooked.
Thi
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This book picks up right where one ended. I had an idea about what was going on with Alex/Gabe but the twist at the end of book 1 surprised me. The explanation in book 2 didn't really satisfied me but I didn't really spend too much time dwelling on it.
Kimberly
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was fun and had a strong daytime tv drama vibe which I enjoyed. It was a great continuation of the first book and explained a lot of what happened in the first. It was an entertaining read.
Deborah Lane
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are so many twists, turns, stops, but answers are forthcoming in this end to the series. I am in love with this style of writing, well crafted, layered, characters developed, exposed, HEA is realized after danger, many anxiety ridden, sub plots. Wonderful book. Recommended!
Nicole Studioso
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I had the opportunity to recite a copy for a review, and I'm so glad I did. This is the second book, and I really enjoyed this follow-up to White Lies. The twists and turns, suspense and drama just never lets up for Willow, Carson, Francesca, and Gabe! Another winner by Kristin!
Kerry
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, romantic-suspence
A really good follow up to book 1! I thought the story played out really well. My only complaint is that I was hoping for a bit more from the climax. It felt a little, well, anti-climactic. Still a very enjoyable story overall!
Denise
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AWESOME!!

The twists and turns had me glued until the final page. This series was a crazy roller coaster that I enjoyed every minute of! Highly recommend!!
Kristen Wolf
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a wild ride from start to finish. I loved the twists and turns throughout the entire book. I truly can't wait to continue the story in the next book.
Beth
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Twisted Stars

Have you ever had vines take over your garden? A morning glory gone wild? Honeysuckle from hell that just won't leave your sunflowers alone? You have to go out and pull those vines off because they twist and bind and suffocate. Welcome to that in book form.

Warning: This is Book 2. It is a direct continuation of Book 1, White Lies. Do not read this as a stand alone.

I don't do spoilers, so it is going to be really hard to tell you about the characters without giving away the plot t
Tricia Mccoy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg

Gabe and Willow's story is a thrill ride that will leave you on the edge of your seat wanting more. The mystery, drama, suspense...its at every turn and I couldn't get enough!!
Debbie Messenger
Loved it

Absolutely 💘 loved this story, I could not put it down. Twist and turns and shocks with a HEA. Fantastic read.....
« previous 1 3 next »

• It Was Us (Abby and West, #3)
  • Binary Law (Boston, #1)
  • Sinned
  • Breathless (Breathe, #1.5)
  • Coming Home
  • Apartment 21: Part 1 (Erotic Romance Novella Serial, #1)
  • Seeking Havok
  • His To Claim (McBain Brothers Alpha, #1)
  • Feeling White (The White Trilogy, #2)
  • Thursdays (The Wait, #1)
  • Forfeit (Degrees of Separation Trilogy, #1)
  • Stolen Promise
  • The Grace in Darkness (Darkness Duet, #2)
  • A Broken Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Tethered (Birthright #1)
  • Interrupted Vol. 2 (Interrupted, #2)
  • Hot Water (Elements of Love, #1)
  • The Space Beyond (The Book of Phoenix, #2)

A Twisted Fate Series (3 books)
  • White Lies (A Twisted Fate Series, #1)
  • Twisted Fate Series Box Set: Complete Set (White Lies & Black Truth)