Start by marking “Boston” as Want to Read:
Boston

Boston

Parker Minelli, a fitness trainer and cover model, is every woman's dream. His Boston accent, chiseled abs and easy-going nature have women flocking to him. But when he meets author Abby, whose brains are bigger than his biceps, he sets out to prove that he's more than just a pretty face.

Abby is thrilled—and a little breathless—when Parker agrees to work with her on her ne
Published August 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Boston, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boston

Becky Rendon
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sigh.....Sigh........Sigh

Okay so we are all, ALL, guilty of it at some point. Objectify the models on book covers, people on the street, photos on Facebook . or Instagram. We all do it. Wrapped up in the fantasy our minds create for this particular dream boat.

You can kid yourself, but you can't lie to me. Personally, I think this story just fuels the fire of want and desire.

Abby the author vs. "Boston" the model

Who will win in the verbal, sensual, teasing smack down? Who will get the other strum
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
The story starts off strong. Abby who is a best selling author has an idea to put photos with her words. She contacts Parker Minelli, aka Boston, to co-produce her idea of "Sexy photos of a handsome, ripped man and the heroine, photos that would directly mimic some of the sultrier passages of the book." Sign me up! This would make for an interesting read.

The story centers around two mismatched souls that are driven by their insecurities. Abby and Boston can't seem to move past their feelings of
Blue
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
My first read by this author, and one of her first books. I was really pleasantly surprised by this. There's a few issues with pacing IMO, but overall a very enjoyable read. Will definitely check out more by this author.
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
Okay, the first thing I always notice are the book covers and that's one of the first things that attracts me to the book. If I like the book cover, then I go on to read the synopsis and from there I decide if I want read the book or not, I am so guilty of this, but I'm sure a lot of us are!

Well Parker, a.k.a., Boston was one sexy, smart, suave guy who was also a model. Abby seeked him to be the model of her book cover and from then on....things just got a little heated between Abby and Boston.
Nic Spears
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored this book. From
Beginning to end I was fascinated by the relationship between Abby and Boston and wondering if this had ever happened between authors and models/photographers. It would be great if it had..

Anyway...

The chemistry and tension between Abby and Boston throughout this book sizzled with electricity and when they finally came together...holy shit it was HOT!!!! It was like a fire had engulfed my body.

I loved the story and the characters, and although this was my first
Chasing Away Reality
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an advance copy of this book for an honest review.

I LOVED this book! It was humorous, hot, real, and raw. I experienced so many emotions. I laughed, cried, wanted, and loved right along with Abby. The chemistry between Abby and Parker (aka Boston) was explosive. All the flirting and teasing had me begging for more. I don't know how Abby held back! I liked their first in-person meeting and that Abby didn't just swoon all over him. She did well trying to keep it professional no matter w
Mandie Foxylutely
I really liked the cover and blurb for this one, an author and a hot cover model? What is not to like?

Abby is a bestselling author and comes up with a new concept of a picture story book but needs a hot model to participate in the initiative with her. Enter Parker Minelli, a renowned cover model and fitness trainer. Once they meet Abby is stunned by how hot this guy is in the flesh and she tries hard to keep her deep attraction to the guy secret, after all how could she ever stand a chance with
Melissa Mendoza
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
"I want him to want me even when I am compared to everyone else. I want him to want me so badly that it doesn't matter if the entire Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition is prancing around naked."

5 Boston accent stars!!! Dirty hot!

Parker is a fitness trainer and part time model, and he knows darn well the object of most women's fantasies. He could have any woman he wants, but when he meets Abby he knows there may be a challenge. Abby is an author and asks Parker to work with her for her next book
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I could not put it down. The sizzling chemistry between these two complex characters and well-developed secondary characters was on point. The writing was precise and beautiful, like a perfect quilt of emotion.

I couldn't have read this book at a better time. The main characters have strong feelings for each other despite having very seemingly different lives- one as
a model that grew up in a not-so-great area of Boston and the other as a best-selling Harvard-educated author. E
Maria
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Alexis Alvarez really has a way with words. It's rare to read a romance novel that has so many poetic elements to it: turns of phrases that make you reread the sentence, words used so perfectly they leave you breathless, descriptions that are completely unique and so wonderfully specific.

In addition to the flawless writing, this book is funny and tender and sexy in a perfect combination. It's about finding love, but also about finding yourself, and about realizing that the things that make us un
Kacey Shea
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Boston explores the relationship of romance writer, Abby, and model/photographer Parker, in another witty and sexy read by Alexis Alvarez. The sexual tension sizzles between these two characters and despite the challenges thrown at their relationship, Alexis had me rooting for a happy ev-ah after.
Now, what I'd really like to know is when can we read the book Abby was writing in this story? I want it! Well done, Alexis.
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.
Renee at Book Happiness
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review.. I have to say I really enjoyed this book especially since this was the frist for from this author..

Parker and Abby were really good characters to read and the steam level off the freaking charts... This book from the the first to the end really had me enjoying their story...

Although this was a first for me with this author it will not be my last!!!
Danielle Robbins
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Boston is about Abby a best selling author and Parker aka Boston a photographer and cover model who work together on a book. The sexual tension during the shoots were so hot!! I loved this book!! Must read
Alexis Alvarez
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is my favorite book so far, of all the ones I've written. I can't wait to share it with you all on August 16th!
Bella
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Woah! Ok, this is one sexy and well-written book. I loved how beautifully the narrative threads were woven together and how artfully the characters were created and developed; I really felt a sense of connection with them by the end, and was so emotionally invested in the outcome. And there were some properly steamy scenes, too. A fabulous read!
Susan Hokanson
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very nice love story with lots of tension and misunderstandings. The actual sex scenes are much more mild than other books by Alexis Alvarez, but this story does need them. I have not read anything by this author that I didn't like.
Donna
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Boston and Abbs....
Loretta Rohrer-norris
Good book!

I liked that the book has an unusual H and h. That being said, i felt that the story got really slow in places.
Peggy
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5-4 Stars
Monique Pearson
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story first of all because it's about a writer who happens to be a curvy woman and not a twig. The interaction between the two was sexy. Enjoyed watching the challenges that low self esteem brings to the story. Loved the changes Abby goes through, physically and emotionally.
Diane
Feb 23, 2017 rated it liked it
*3.5 stars*

Angsty romance…

The relationship between a romance author and her book boyfriend/cover model is revealed slowly and surely as Abby and Parker meet, work together and fall ever so quickly/slowly in love…

“Whatever we did or didn’t do, there’s something between us, and it’s growing stronger, little by little.”

From the start, there was that indefinable something brewing between these dedicated professionals. Parker is the stereotypical, gorgeous model with bad boy good looks but with much
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! Having read so many books by Alexis Alvarez, I am always expecting scorching heat and a heart stopping battle of wills between the hero and heroine that culminates in a blinding passion and all consuming love. What I didn't expect was Boston to speak to me on such a personal level. Not only does Alexis introduce us intimately into the world of a quirky romance novelist and stunning fitness model, she shows us the depths of insecurities that
Tessa
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. This is my first Alexis Alvarez book and I want more. She created real characters with insecurities, flaws and imperfections. She shows us that we are all different but share the same problems regarding our self esteem and self worth.

Parker is a cover model and photographer. He is the braun that women look for in the men they dream about.

Abby is an erotica author and turns to Parker aka Boston to co-create a book with photos of his incredible body to show her main
Lucia
Author and model romance that quite literally will have you thinking of not to judge a book by it’s cover.

Boston was my first book by Alexis Alvarez and I have to say I enjoyed the uniqueness of the book with the combination of an author and book model/photographer romance. I’ve read author/writer romance books before but never with a model, nor with such a unique plot. Trust me, you will be repeating that old familiar saying, after reading it quite literally, of not to judge a book by it’s cove
Mary Baird
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have ever read by Alexis and it was quite impressed. I flippin loved every minute I spent reading this book and found it absolutely hard to put it down! There was lots of humor, angst, and hot sexy times too. Captivating from the beginning, the writing was flawless and the story flowed so well. And I loved the use of poetry in the book too. The story was about an erotic writer, Abby, and a fitness buff/model/photographer, Parker, aka Boston.

Abby was a best-selling a
Jen
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Holy smoking Kindle Batman! Boston was deliciously dirty. The chemistry between Parker “Boston” Minelli and Abby is outrageous. The way that they teased and taunted each other, I could almost feel the sexual tension seeping out of the edges of my eReader. It was steamy, yummy and just what the doctor order to help me relax after a stressful week. But before you think it’s all fun and games, there are some definite feels here. Alexis Alvarez tackles some typical relationship issues with aplomb.

B
Samantha Ortegon
Aug 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Boston by Alexis Alveraz begins with Abby, who is a best selling adult romance author. Abby has a idea of using pictures for her next book and wants to partner with Parker Minelli, photographer, fitness trainer and cover model. This new idea for the book and partnership seems perfect, what could go wrong?

Abby, has it all she is a best selling author, extremely educated, she is beautiful in her own way. Abby's problem is her insecurities that can become annoyingly frustrating. I really wanted to
Cassandra Cole
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the very idea of the story and how to very different people can overcome two very different perceptions to be together. Parker a.k.a. Boston was my favorite character most likely because I can relate to his personality somewhat more than I could Abby's. I recommend this book if you like strong characters and a little bit of angst and a whole lot of good feelers.
Jessica
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Argggg!! I am looking at all these other reviews for Boston from people who loved this book but I just was not one of them. I didn't hate it nor do I want to slam it - Boston just wasn't the book for me.

I couldn't connect with the characters. As they began their dance of flirting and being tempted by one another, I just was not feeling the sexual tension. I'll happily admit that Parker a.k.a. Boston and Abby had their moments when their verbal banter left me smiling but I was never scre
LLEP  Book Blog
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Boy. oh boy. I loved this story. Not only is Parker Minelli a hot guy, but he's intelligent too.
He's a fitness trainer and a model, as well a photographer. And he's got his head screwed on.
But every person has their flaws and insecurities. Not everything happiness in life started out that way.
Abby is an author. She's come up with a brilliant idea for her next book and poses an opportunity
to Parker aka Boston that he can't refuse. He gets his ex-girlfriend, along with his friend/business partne

• Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #4)
  • Encore (The Replacement Guitarist #4)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Until We Break
  • Love Life & Circumstance
  • Papa's Boy (Morning Report, #3)
  • Mask (West End #2)
  • Lost Treasure
  • Crossroads (Finding My Way, #2)
  • Love and the Real Boy (Coming About #2)
  • Whore
  • Ripping Pages
  • Second Chance Hero
  • Return to Newport (Return to Me, #2)
  • My Mate Jack (Heated Beat #1)
  • Code Red
  • Breaking Through (SEAL Team Heartbreakers #2)
  • Leaving Flowers (Seeds of Tyrone, #1)
Alexis Alvarez writes romances - some are light-hearted contemporary romances; others delve into the exotic world of domination and submission.

Her female heroines are strong-willed women who are never push-overs, and who can hold their own in society and the workplace, but who are intrigued with the idea of kink and submission in the bedroom. Alexis writes with skill and poetry, creating worlds th
“See, that’s the problem.” Liesl sounds irritated. “You wish, you wish. Either just accept that you are the way you are and learn to love it. Or else, try to change. I mean, if it’s that big a deal to you, then join a gym and go on a crazy diet and sign up for plastic surgery. Which you know is freakin’ unnecessary. Or else, figure out that you’re good the way you are and find a guy who appreciates that.” “Well,” 0 likes