Start by marking “Who Flung Dung?” as Want to Read:
Who Flung Dung?

Who Flung Dung?

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Somebody has flung dung at Furley and he's far from amused! Furley sets off to find the culprit and meets lots of suspicious characters on the way, but little does he know the real rascal is far closer to home than he suspected.
Published (first published September 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Who Flung Dung?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Flung Dung?

Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
was pretty good, I thought was funny, and the pictures were good
Lisa Pett
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Simple and funny. The illustrations are amusing and it would make for a good read aloud.
Daniel Bush
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever found yourself being hit by dung and not knowing where it came from? No?
Well this little monkey finds himself on the receiving end of a rather stinky projectile and he doesn’t know where it’s from or who made it. Furley, for that’s his name, goes on search for the creator of the smelly missile to administer some good old-fashioned retribution. Along the way he meets lots of interesting (and usually very large and dangerous) characters who all seem equally annoyed by his questionin
Jenn Swanson
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quickie, fiction, children
A monkey gets a piece of shit thrown at him and starts going up to other animals and asks "who flung dung?" The illustrations are interesting and the story line would be fairly accurate. I have seen monkeys throw shit at each other at the zoo. If you are looking for a humorous book to read to your child then I would recommend it.
Mar 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
The premise of this book is that there is a monkey searching for the animal that threw poo at him. It is hysterical! The monkey even has a little red bum, and the pictures of the poo are! I was going to give this to a friend's kids, but I'm actually going to keep it for myself now! Spoiler: It was the brother (who looks absolutely insane) that threw the poo! And, oh yes, the little monkey gets revenge--you can imagine.
We all know that small children are fascinated with potty talk and silly stories. This picture book is sure to leave them giggling as the little monkey searches the jungle for the creature that "flung dung" at him that morning. After a frustrating day of no answers he returns home to find the culprit was there all along. And boy does have the perfect revenge planned. Funny illustrations add to the silliness of the story. I love the lion on the cover.
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
My daughter loves this book. I enjoy it too. Something about toilet humour that just appeals. There is some good words in the story too, helps expand your childs vocab which is useful and surprising from a not-so-serious book. I guess the only down side now is my daughter (who is 4) runs around in public asking loudly "Who flung dung!"
Juliana Lee
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Furly the monkey runs around accusing animals of flinging dung on his head. None of them had, and are disgusted by the idea. Besides, there are better ways to aggravate a monkey. Or maybe not. For when Furly finds the culprit, it's he who flings.
Andy Killeen
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My kids loved this book- pictures and words both hilarious, with just enough naughtiness and danger for little ones to squeal with pleasure.
Monica Maltman
Jan 15, 2017
Ken Williams
Nov 23, 2013
Jan 11, 2017
Ben Redlich is a Brisbane-based illustrator who has been drawing for as long as he can remember. He has illustrated many books, including The Great Montefiasco by Colin Thompson, Circus Carnivore by Mark Svendsen and Cowzat! by Bruce Atherton. Smeck was a labour of love for more than four years.
More about Ben Redlich...