Start by marking “Terminate (Retribution, #1)” as Want to Read:
Terminate (Retribution, #1)

Terminate

(Retribution)

Josie's friend Amanda is missing. But because she's a runaway with a history of drug use and other risky behavior, no one seems to care. Clem, the owner of the community kitchen in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside where Josie works in exchange for food, advises her to just leave well enough alone. Then a young man whose friend is also missing asks her for help. Josie learns t ...more
Published April 18th 2017 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Terminate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terminate

Olivia
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

In this book Josie's friend Amanda goes missing and she is forced to confront this underground fight club for the homeless youth. But it's more than just a fight club-the city morgue is filling up with the battered bodies of homeless youth. And Josie has to save Amanda before it's too late; but not without a little help from her friends.

So this is an interesting book because it's not like most books I read. At Orca Publishing they a
Jennifer Collins
May 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is a fast read, but to be honest, it's also a disappointing one. And it's the definition of rushed--every bit of it, from start to finish, is rushed through. So although the premise and the characters really interested me, and I was excited to pick the book up, it's lacking depth to such an extent that, really, it reads as more of a bare bones exploration than a finished novel, YA or otherwise.

The characters do have some hints of depth, but not enough to come across as more than figurehead
Anne
For a hi-lo book, this one stands out from the crowd. Josie will do whatever it takes to get retribution on the cop who is responsible for the deaths of her entire family. She will fight, risk her life, and not take no for an answer in her pursuit of justice. She is also a little tender hearted under her tough exterior and will do just about anything to save someone else from going through what she has suffered.

Gear towards your students that like gritty reads. Violence but not much swe
Michelle
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: librarything
I received an Early Reviewers copy of Terminate from LibraryThing. I think this is the first time I’ve read an Orca book without a student or without a student in mind, so it was a different experience for me. Like all Orca books, it was a quick, easy read without much depth and very little character development. There were two twists at the end. One I was expecting; the other was a surprise. All in all, a good Hi-Lo book.
Kim Piddington
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast paced. High stakes plot with enough twists to keep you on your toes.
Amanda P
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my opinion of the book or my review.**

This book is totally not my usual type of read, so it was kind of nice to step out of that comfort zone and I could not put this book down once I got started! Natasha Deen wrote a page turning book full of suspense about a street smart girl Josie who was set to avenge her families death. "Jo" has had to learn one thing living on the streets and that is there a danger in caring f
Bunnycjf
Nov 19, 2017
Carlie Corson
Apr 21, 2019
Aimee
Jan 14, 2018
Nicole
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Josie is a homeless teen with a small team of friends who take care of their own. When an underground fight club starts snatching other homeless teenagers, it's only a matter of time before Josie has to decide whether or not to get involved.

Terminate was a quick, enjoyable read. It is really nice that this series can be read in any order and still make sense. There was a kind of double twist shocker at the end, too. It would be interesting to check out some other books in this series.

I recommen
Audrey
Mar 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Unexpected twist at the end!
Theresa Hubert
Feb 23, 2019
Kelly Brady
is currently reading it
Sep 05, 2018
Natasha Deen's family moved from Guyana, South America to Canada to escape the country's political & racial violence. She loved growing up in a country of snow & flannel, but often felt out of place. Thank goodness for books that showed her being different could also mean being awesome. Natasha lives in Edmonton, Alberta with her family where she spends A LOT of time arguing with her cats ...more

Retribution (6 books)
  • Burned (Retribution)
  • Unleashed (Retribution)
  • Across the Floor
  • Exposed (Exposed #1)
  • Infiltrate (Exposed #2)