Start by marking “Shattered Reflections” as Want to Read:
Shattered Reflections

Shattered Reflections

Shattered Reflections is a story about survival, love, a yearning for family and belonging, a struggle against conscience, and a quest for truth.

Taking us across the vast expanse of Australia and spanning four decades, Shattered Reflections tells of the power of true friendship and courageous women determined to overcome tragedy and deception. And it tells of the obsessive
Published July 15th 2016 by Piland Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Reflections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Reflections

Start your review of Shattered Reflections
Roger
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title grabbed my interest and the cover design was evocative of an undercurrent of intrigue, so I read the book.
This is a novel that will interest all those who have a family that they've protected and will be amazed at how fragile our lives really are in the face of the determination of those who are not as fortunate as we are.
Any visits to a hospital have never been the same since I read this enthralling story.
There appears to be so many opportunities to break through the security systems
EJ
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shatttered Reflections - a mystery and the choices made unfolds.. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
The characters and story line feel so real, and I especially liked the raw honesty and emotional strength of the female characters. The Australian references also add a further sense of authenticity and sense of a familiar setting to the story.. you feel you know a Les, Ruth or Joy in your own life.
Highly recommend this book, a great read!
Tricia Miles
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought the author, Lyn Duclos, beautifully captures the various periods in which the story evolves. Clearly she has done the research to take the reader on the family's journey with its passion, twists and intrigue. I found it hard to put down.
Jean Murphy
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, I’ve never had a book bring out so many emotions in me .
From anger to tears running down my face.
I grew up in Moorabbin and Bentleigh it was great reading about places I know.
Will be recommending this book to everyone.
Maria
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the most beautiful book covers I have seen. When they say you can't judge a book by it cover, well, you certainly can with this because it does not disappoint. I could not put this book down once I started it. It's a story about how far one goes for the person they love and so much more. It is beautifully written and I highly recommend this book. I can't wait to read more from this author.
Chris P
Jan 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It took a while before I realised why the writing style of this seemed familiar - it is reminiscent of the "women's fiction" pieces they used to have in the Women's Weekly in the 1970s. The whole thing feels a little dated, and its not just because much of the plot takes place in the mid twentieth century. Some interesting points to the plot but in dire need of a good editor.
Janine
Mar 06, 2017
Lyn Duclos
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Zozie
Asia
marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
1 follower
'Fugue' - Lyn's 3rd book - was originally written as a movie-length screenplay when she was studying her Diploma of Arts (Professional Writing & Editing).
She has since adapted the script into this novel.
Look out for its release due early October!
Another book, her fourth, is in the research stages and
she’s looking forward to beginning the writing soon.
Meanwhile, Lyn’s interest in family