Start by marking “Pass It on” as Want to Read:
Pass It on

Pass It on

Here's a fun idea: When you laugh or smile--pass it on!A story about giving, sharing, and joy.
"When you see something terrific, smile a smile and pass it on! If you chance upon a chuckle, hee hee hee and pass it on. Should you spot a thing of wonder, jump for joy and pass it on!"
Published April 11th 2017 by Philomel Books (first published March 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Pass It on, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pass It on

Hilary
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hilary by: Found in the library
Nice colours, illustrations and design. The general message is if something makes you happy/ glad/ feel loved pass it on. Nice enough message but repetitive, a nice book to look through.
KC
Wonderfully illustrated book about "paying it forward".
Sara Grochowski
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Henn's newest picture book, which follows Where Bear? and Pom Pom Panda Gets the Grumps, sends a powerful message about spreading joy and wonder to others and the reciprocal nature of kindness. The text down to the colorful illustrations evoke feelings of happiness and encourage sharing.
Darcie Caswell
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Even children sometimes need a reminder that it is the little things in life that can make a difference, and that we can each be part of spreading happiness. When we see something that makes us chuckle and we share that laugh with a friend, we are passing on our happiness. When we see something that makes us smile and we share that smile with someone else, we are passing on those good feelings.
Janet
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The bright illustrations (featuring little faces from all sorts of backgrounds) are paired with simple text: the perfect read-aloud for smaller children. The message reminds me of the lovely Because Amelia Smiled.
Donovan
Sep 17, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nope
Lazy, feel good drivel lacking a consistent rhyme scheme or simple purpose. Pass it on—what, everything? All the good things? There are so few and so little time.
Homegrown Reader
There are a few illustrators that are so distinctive that when you see their work you know instantly who it is. Sophy Henn is one of those for us. I noticed Pass It On sitting on the table at our local library and didn’t even have to walk up to it to know whose work it was. We loved Where Bear? And I was sure Pass It On would be very similar.

I love the message this story conveys about sharing smiles and chuckles with those who need them. I may be too optimistic but I’d like to believe if you set
Sydney M
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 25-picture-books
Pass It On
The book is about different children playing and being happy. Every feeling they endure they pass it on to another child to help them feel the same. This book helps others realize life is short and when ever you can give another a smile or a cheer to show them they are being recognized.
Jennifer Strong
In this colorful picture book readers are encouraged to see the beautiful and wonderful in the world and share it with others.

Beautiful, bright illustrations and a good message. Can't go wrong with this one!
Jane
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful illustrations. Bought after having seen Smiley the snowdog in Brighton
Meghan Hunt
I love the illustrations and the message. I will be using this book in a preschool storytime about feelings.
Trish
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: je, 2017
This book has a good message.
Jeani
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet message about the simplest way to make the world a nicer place.
MaryLibrarianOH
A diverse group show readers how to enjoy life and pass along their happiness to others.
Peter
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Colorful and fun.
Loyal
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: skylars-shelf
A fabulous book, with a great message about sharing happiness wherever you go. I loved reading this with my niece.
Christine Turner
ATA Storytime Kit: Emotional intelligence (EI)/Soft Skills

Here's a fun idea: When you laugh or smile--pass it on! A story about giving, sharing, and joy.

So begins Sophy Henn's ode to the excitement of sharing happiness with others. With a refrain that begs to be uttered before every turn of the page, children wil
Jackie Ostrowicki
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eva-and-me
Love this cheerful book with the simple message: when something good happens to you, smile a smile
and pass it on. And, if you feel lonely or isolated, branch out and make some friends....and pass it on! Illustrations and message are both clean, sweet, and easy.

Illustrator Sophy Henn lives and works in Sussex, England. She studied Fashion at Central Saint Martins, had a London-based career as an Art Director in advertising, then completed an MA at University of Brighton in Illustration. Now she w
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
This book is a happiness wrapped in a wonderful story about the power of being kind. It's so easy to spread joy, and do nice things for others, and best of all it's free to do! This story does a beautiful job at telling that in a way that young readers will understand. With it's bright colorful, yet simplistic illustrations, Henn's newest picture book will easily put a smile on your face. Great for toddlers and readers with short attention spans, this is a picture book for readers of all ages.

h
Lynn
Large, sparse text flows across the pages in short phrases about sharing one's experiences of wonderful things.
I just couldn't get the song, "Pass It On" out of my head, which was blending with "What a Wonderful World"
Full color, solid-filled folkish art of children enjoying themselves in a variety of experiences.
Kate Nichter
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This would be the type of book that I would read to my students each morning as a reminder to have kindness, joy, laughter, and fun. Sophy Henn did an amazing job with the text as well as the illustrations. The illustrations were detailed but simple as well as full of color. The tone was warm and inviting.
Madison Lawson
I really enjoyed this book. I thought this is a good book to read to your students to teach them about enjoying the small things in life and how to pass on their joy to someone else in their life. I think this is something students should hear about. The illustrations were cute as well.
Erika L.
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because it teaches kids about the importance of being kind and sharing kindness with others. At Toddler Storytime, we talked about how easy it is to spread happiness in the world just by smiling at someone, or saying please and thank you.
Sandra Guerfi
This is a great picture book to read to a group of toddlers for story time. As we read along we get to see what makes people smile, so share a smile and pass it on. Great introduction to a round of sharing story times.
Amy Goldstein
This simple little book gives a friendly reminder to pay it forward or "pass it on". The text is simple, the illustrations are sweet. A couple vocab words will need to be explained as this is not written in American English. Overall a cute book.
Laysha Daulton
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It would be perfect to read to a classroom that is having behavioral issues. Being nice is as simple as passing on a nice word to a friend or a hug from a brother. It shows little and big ways children can pass on kindness.
Shannon Kerwin
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book but the tempo is a little shaky. Ruins flow
Box Holder
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book teaches us how to pass things on. It teaches us that whenever you see something good, you should tell it to other people. And when you are sad, look for people to have fun with.
Angelina
2.5 stars. A bit simple and repetitive despite the positive message.
Meg
Aug 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
This book was okay. Perfect for a storytime, could have a corresponding activity where children "pass it on" (a physical item) to participate.
« previous 1 3 next »

• I Walk with Vanessa: A Story about a Simple Act of Kindness
  • Big Al
  • Hooray for Hat!
  • Get Out of My Bath!
Sophy Henn (www.sophyhenn.com) lives and works in Sussex, England. She studied Fashion at Central Saint Martins, accidentally had a London based career as an Art Director in advertising, then completed an MA at University of Brighton in Illustration. Now she writes and illustrates children's books in her studio, with a large cup of tea by her side, and can't quite believe her luck. WHERE BEAR? is ...more