Start by marking “The Harlot and the Sheikh” as Want to Read:
The Harlot and the Sheikh

The Harlot and the Sheikh

A defiant womanin a desert king's world!

After inheriting a broken kingdom, Prince Rafiq made a vow to restore its pride by winning a prestigious horse race. To ensure success, he hires an English expert. But even notoriously controlled Rafiq is shocked when his new employee is introduced as Miss Stephanie Darvill!

Stephanie is determined to leave her shameful past and broke
Paperback, Hot Arabian Nights #3, 288 pages
Published January 17th 2017 by Harlequin Special Releases

To ask other readers questions about The Harlot and the Sheikh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Harlot and the Sheikh

Start your review of The Harlot and the Sheikh
Caz
The Harlot and the Sheikh is the third book in Marguerite Kaye’s series of historical romances set in early nineteenth century Arabia, and once again features a heroine with an unusual occupation;  in this case, she’s a veterinarian specialising in the care and treatment of horses.  Ms. Kaye’s research into the scientific background and interests of each of her heroines so far is obviously extensive, and the notes she provides at end of each novel are interesting and informative.  But at the hea ...more
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
Once again, Ms. Kaye transported me to the exotic setting of Arabia for this third book in her Hot Arabian Nights series.

Rafiq al-Antarah, Prince of Bharym
description

The sixteen-year-old Rafiq saw his father make a reckless wager on the prestigious Sabr horse race, losing not only the Bharym legendary Arabian thoroughbreds but also the honour of the family name and the national pride of the people. Over the next six years, his father’s gradual decline was mirrored by a decline in the kingdom’s fortunes
Gwessie Tee
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Completely adore this book couldn't put it down I actually finished it in the early hours of this morning but needed to wait till this morning to review, utterly adore tho book very much as always Marguerite does not disappoint anyone loving historical or Sheikh romance will love this I'm lucky in that I read many genres of romance its beautifully written and catapults you to the sands of the kingdom and the captivating story grips you. I for one definitely am in love with this book and its sist ...more
AnnMarie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Harlot and the Sheikh is the third book in the Hot Arabian Nights series by Marguerite Kaye. I have read the first two books in the series and loved them, but you don't need to have read them in order to enjoy this one. Each book is easily read as a stand alone although there is mention of the main couples from the other books.

Our couple in this book are Prince Rafiq, and Stephanie Darvill. When Rafiq becomes Prince of his kingdom he wants to restore the pride of the people in their home and
Clare O'Beara
In this series of nineteenth-century romances, we meet strong heroines who are ladies of science. I particularly enjoyed the botanist in the previous tale and now we meet a horse vet. Her father is a vet with the British Army which is fighting the Napoleonic wars, so he can't answer a letter summoning him to help a stable in Arabia. Instead the daughter is quite keen to go as she has had her name ruined by a cad.

The prince has a sumptuous palace with beautiful rooms, gardens and fountains. He h
Wendy
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounded up to 5.

If there's one thing readers can be sure of with a Marguerite Kaye novel it's superb writing, in-depth and expert research and captivating storytelling. In The Harlot and the Sheikh the third in her Hot Arabian Nights series we meet another of Ms. Kaye's capable, independently-minded heroines. And even though I've never been attracted to 'sheikh' stories in general - I adored this one with its delectable but flawed leading-man and a heroine ahead of her time with no
Trudy Miner
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Prince Rafiq al-Antarah of Bharym needs help; his prize racing horses are dying of a mysterious illness that no one seems to be able to cure. Hearing of a famed English vet, Richard Darvill, Prince Rafiq sends for him. Imagine his surprise when Stephanie Darvill, his daughter, arrives instead! Stephanie traveled to far-away Arabia in her father's place to start over following an affair that ended badly and left her with a reputation as a fallen woman. Trained as a vet and working with her father ...more
Cinzia
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
“The Harlot and the Sheikh” is the third book in the series “Hot Arabian Nights” by Marguerite Kaye, the book can also be read as a standalone story, as the previuos books.

I love this series for its exotic setting, in the past, among the dunes of the desert in the Arab countries where rule fascinating sheiks. A world so different from the occident, making it look anyway, even nowadays, a place without time.

One of the exceptional qualities of this writer is how she can describe so accurately ever
Nancy Reynolds
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am always sure I'll get a fantastic story when I pick up a book by Ms. Kaye - and this one delivered! I always love her heroes and heroines. They are always so thoughtful, intelligent, and HONEST. They share their thoughts and learn to trust one another based on that honesty. Also, you always get so much history and details in the stories - and beautiful settings. Again, this one delivered. I won't go into details because the book will lead you page by page into the beautiful tale. Thank you f ...more
Jessaca Chapman
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaway, 2017
I received this book for free through Goodreads first read giveaway.
It's an amazing book.
I want to know what happens later in their lives.
Dorel
May 14, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I read by Marguerite Kaye. I'm sorry I stopped reading this story at chapter 2 because it didn't grab my interest.
Alison
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this third volume in the Hot Arabian Nights series, though I wasn't sure I was going to like the heroine in particular. Her name I didn't like either, though I switched off after a few chapters to ignore that.

Both Stephanie and Rafiq have been burned by those closest to them. She is both lucky and in a way cursed to have been able to follow her father in learning about horse or equine medicine. In what is very much a
Mary Hart
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. Which is probably why I've read it three times before posting this review!

Marguerite returns us to the deserts of Arabia so we can meet our hero Rafiq. He needs to win the local horse marathon but unfortunately he has a problem with his horses. He decides to get the help of an eminent vet from england. He's not free so he sends his daughter.

Its good that all the heroines in this series have had a passion for something and that they are not just decorative. Stephanie
Harlequin Books
"Book three in Kaye’s Hot Arabian Nights quartet sizzles. The attraction between an English vet and a desert sheikh is immediate and hot! Readers will be seduced by the passionate natures of the protagonists, and the fast-paced, thrilling adventure set in the splendor of Arabia" (4 stars @ RT Book Reviews).

Miniseries: Hot Arabian Nights
Angie
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book as the result of a Goodreads Giveaway. Thank you to all those involved in this giveaway. I enjoyed this book, and found it hard to put down. It is a wonderful historical romance, with just the right mix of adventure, romance, and back story. I can't wait to explore more books by Marguerite Kaye, as I enjoy her writing very much.
Lisa
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
The plot was okay but the characters lacked sufficient depth. Not a compelling read.
JoAnne
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

rated it did not like it
Aug 09, 2019
Eabhnat Laighin
Feb 08, 2018
Crystal Saario
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book from a goodreads giveaway and it was really good. It's the third book in the series Hot Arabian Nights series however, it can be read as a stand alone. I haven't read anything else by Marguerite Kaye but I would like to read the rest of the series, then find out what else she has.
Tina
Nov 17, 2018
Amanda
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: regency-romance
How do you deal with your past? We all know the correct answer: We must learned from it. But to actually achieve that, is another story. It is not an easy task to many, as the past you seek to learn from is your own. And human are biased, sometimes stubborn creature. Even when the mistakes of the past are there, as clear as day, they still believe the only way to learn from it is not to go down that most obvious path. Perhaps they simply afraid to truly face them.

The story of the Harlot and Shei
May 07, 2017
Katherine
Jan 09, 2018
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 28, 2017 12:05PM

• Warriors in Winter (MacEgan Brothers, #7)
  • A Soul For Vengeance (Soulbearer, #3)
  • A Soul for Atonement (Soulbearer, #4)
  • A Soul For Chaos (Soulbearer, #2)
  • Tangled Web (Deizian Empire, #1)
  • Highland Spitfire (Highland Weddings, #1)
  • Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5)
  • Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3)
  • Unexpected Pleasures (English Tudor, #3)
  • Improper Seduction (English Tudor, #1)
  • In The Warrior's Bed (McJames, #2)
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • In Bed With A Stranger (McJames, #1)
  • My Fair Highlander (English Tudor, #2)
  • Forbidden Night with the Warrior (Warriors of the Night #1)
  • Her Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #3)
  • The Warrior's Touch (MacEgan Brothers #4)
  • Her Warrior King (MacEgan Brothers #2)
Marguerite Kaye is a prolific historical romance author hailing from Argyll’s West Coast. She is a voracious consumer of books, Scotland’s world-class larder, and the occasional cocktail.

Find out more on her website at www.margueritekaye.com

Join her on Facebook page at www.facebook.com/margueritekayepage

Chat with her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/margueritekaye