Start by marking “Silver Threads (Memory House #5)” as Want to Read:
Silver Threads (Memory House #5)

Silver Threads

(Memory House #5)

On the day Jennifer Green was born a pile of stones was placed alongside her scale of life. A few were the dark gray of sorrow, but most were a pale blush color. The largest stone was the rose hue of a sunrise. That one would be placed on the scale the day she married Drew Bishop. Even more brilliant but a wee bit smaller was the pink stone glistening with specs of silver. ...more
Published September 14th 2016 by Bent Pine Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Silver Threads, please sign up.
Jeanne Maliner No. Each book is a stand alone novel. They reference things that happen earlier in the series, but there is enough explanation that you won't be lost.

Brenda
Jennifer Green woke to a splitting migrane; with her husband Drew away for work, it was up to her to get eight year old Brooke to school. But it was raining, so Jennifer elected to drive Brooke, though she organised with a friend to pick her up at the end of the school day. Kissing her daughter goodbye at the school gate, Jennifer headed to the drugstore for some medication. The migrane was much worse; her head felt like it was going to explode…

The telephone call Drew received from the local pol
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
When Drew Bishop gets the phone call any spouse would dread, he never knew how awful things would be.

Drew's wife, Jennifer, was shot during a robbery simply by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The robber, Tom, had a twin that was in prison for worse crimes.  When the twin, Eddie, was released, the evil continued where they had left off because Eddie wanted revenge for the death of his brother.

The characters in SILVER THREADS were all lovable, gentle, and people you would love to have
Dale Harcombe
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life can change in an instant as Drew Bishop discovers. Events conspire to see Jennifer Bishop in the wrong place at the wrong time, so she is caught up in an attempted robbery gone horribly wrong. Drew wonders if he and his little daughter, Brooke, can ever be happy again. Drew has to make some hard decisions about balancing caring for Brooke and his work. He does not know that high above the clouds, the Keeper of the Scales, is at work to try and balance the stones of happiness and sorrow.
Hav
Deborah Blanchard
This is book #5 in the Memory House series and it did not disappoint. This is at times heart wrenching and at other times heartwarming. It is a magical book to say the least. Full of richly developed characters that I simply loved. I felt as if I were a part of this story. It made me feel a wide range of emotions. Sadness, hopefulness and love. It is a story of love, loss and family. A family of friends and a family of love. This story flows smoothly from beginning to end and captured me from th ...more
Judy Collins
A special thank you to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Bette Lee Crosby continues her Memory House Series following Baby Girl (2016) with SILVER THREADS (Book 5) - the keeper of the scales. A silver thread that crisscrosses the landscape of scales and connects strangers to one another.

Not even the Keeper of the scales can control the events traveling through the thread. The only thing he can do is try to equalize the balance once it has been t
Gail
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is AWESOME!
I started reading it and I could not put the book down even while making dinner I was still reading it.
Of course when dinner was ready I had to stop at a cliff hanger moment and could not get back until morning to see what would happen. The story is very well written and filled with so much emotion that it will draw you right into the story. It will make you laugh and cry. This story is my new favorite in the Memory House series!
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This series is heartwarming and while not all characters have an easy life, and must deal with hard times, it all works out in the end. I love visiting Memory House in each book. The characters are endearing (well most of them!) and familiar (as long as you have read the other books in this series).

I like that the characters have to deal with some sort of tragedy/sadness before they get their happily ever after.

There are many great quotes in this book including one about living life for yourse
Angelina
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Imagine that every life is somehow linked to another by a very fine, almost invisible thread whether they know one another or not. Imagine that sometimes bad things happen to one or both of the individuals linked by this thread. And imagine again if the threads become crossed by those left from the previous actions. Then imagine that your life has been changed beyond anything you have ever dreamed of. This is what happened to D
Beth
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bette Lee Crosby has done it again with an inspiring story The Silver Threads: Memory House #5.

Imagine a scale with good on one side and evil on the other. Add a Keeper of the Scales who tries to keep the balance on the scale by placing different colored stones, some dark for unhappiness but some bright and colorful one for good. But these scales are not his alone, silver threads to other scales crisscrossing them and tie each together. The balance or tipping of another scale causes unexpected c
Cathy
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Jennifer drops her daughter Brooke off at school then goes to the pharmacy to get something for her horrid migraine. Her husband Drew travels for his job and is not home often. Everything changes after that trip to the pharmacy.
Brooke and her dad Drew face many challenges after that day. His job changes and he starts working from home. The neighbors are helpful and Brooke has school friends that she is close to as well.
I loved how the author tied the story together telling about the lives of
Linda Zagon
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

MY REVIEW OF "SILVER THREADS" by BETTE LEE CROSBY

"Silver Threads by Bette Lee Crosby is such an enchanting and delightful heartwarming read.  I read this in one sitting,  and was so engrossed.  "Silver Threads" is the fifth in the Memory House Series, and it is the only book that I have read and I look forward to reading all of the others. This was able to be read as a stand alone. The genres for this book are Fiction and Women's Fiction with a touch of "Magical Essence."

A description of this bo
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
FirstLine ~ On the day Jennifer Green was born, a pile of stones was placed alongside her scale of life.

This book was so very good. Crosby has an amazing way of developing her characters. You cannot help but be moved by their stories, their struggles and their accomplishments. You are brought into the lives of characters , some are new and some you have seen before from previous books in this series. There is nothing but heart in this book. You are left feeling satisfied by the bits of magic and
Carolyn Injoy
Silver Threads, The Memory House Series, Book Five by Bette Lee Crosby is a delightful, but poignant book. I gave it five stars.

"Since the beginning of time the Keeper alone has been challenged with the task of keeping each person’s scale in balance. A bit of happiness and then a small stone of sorrow, until the lives he has in his charge are measured evenly.

"You might think such power is universal, but it is not. There is a silver thread that crisscrosses the landscape of scales and connects st
Nenette
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There was once a priest in our parish who got me in awe with his homilies, I'd wish they were longer. That is the same way I feel about Bette Lee's books. I really, really wish they were longer! Not that I'd been left hanging at the end, the opposite is true: there's always a sense of fulfillment. But I always wished there were more chapters to enjoy.

The email for the advance copy of this book came when I was about to start reading another one which I actually already tagged as "currently readin
Linda
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bette Lee Crosby never disappoints me. I have read every single book she has written and loved them all. Each one seems to get better than the last.

Silver Threads is the perfect name for this story. It starts out sad but as with all the Memory House books there is a reason for everything. This book has heartbreak and complete true happiness. Loss and new beginnings.

It's another Crosby tearjerker that will leave you wanting more and rooting for love.
I absolutely loved this book. It had me from
Elizabeth
This is such a magical book! I was provided an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Bette is a born storyteller and "Silver Threads" is no exception. The story revolves Drew, Jennifer and Brooke Bishop and how fate (or is it?) controls their destiny. Of course, being part of the Memory House series makes it magical and brings new life and experiences out of dark tragedy.

It is a wonderful read, as are all of Bette's books and it's part of a wonderful series. Highly recommended!
Candy Daoust
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far the best book I have read this year! It will go down as one of my all time favorites. "Silver Threads" deals with loss, dealing with loss and going forward. No I do not dwell on depressing books, and you will find Bette Lee's unique dealing with such subjects heart warming. This, to me, is the book of the year!
Meg
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is by far my favorite Bette Lee Crosby book. Once you know you can trust an author you are not reluctant to read about tragedy and despair. Her books give you hope and this one does not disappoint.
Melissa B
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful, heartwarming story! I couldn't put it down! It contains all the elements of real life: happiness, sorrow, heartbreak, love and hatred with a touch of whimsy.
Laurie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received and arc from Netgalley.
Bette Lee Crosby does a phenomenal job of bringing the positives needed in this world to a book on paper.
This is the latest book in her "Memory House" series.
Jennifer is a wonderful Mom, wife and friend and her time on earth is cut short by a vicious attack. She leaves a daughter- Brooke who is 8 and a husband Drew who is busy with work and moving up the ladder of success for his family.
Brooke does not cope with her Mom's death and Drew will do anything to try
Debra
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Bette Lee Crosby writes heartwarming books about families, relationships and life in general. This book is slight different from the other books of hers that I have read. This one has a mystical component where there is a Keeper of the Scales who places rocks on each person's scales. Some rocks are for happiness, some are for sorrow, some for children, etc. People are connected to one another through the silver threads that intertwine their lives.

Jennifer Green wakes up with a headache
Cathy Ryan
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5*

Since the beginning of time The Keeper of the Scale has kept happiness balanced against sorrow for the lives under his protection. But even the Keeper has no control over the outcome of events from the intertwining silver threads linking strangers and events to one another, so there was nothing he could do to alter the consequences of a random thread.

Waking with a migraine, Jennifer Bishop wished her husband was there to take their daughter, Brooke, to school. But Drew was away working, so
Rosemary K
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Green, a young mother and wife, was shot and killed in a botched robbery. It happened when she stopped by the pharmacy. A simple action with tragic consequences. As her husband and little girl try and pick up the shattered pieces of their life and move forward, they find guilt and grief are their constant companion. How do you go on when your strength is gone? Bette Lee Crosby shows us how Drew Bishop and Brooke struggle to cope. It broke my heart to see how life can change in a minute. ...more
Cindy
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, 2016-netgalley
We all have our favorite "must read" authors and Bette Lee Crosby is one of mine. I don't remember how I discovered her books, but am so glad that I did. She writes memorable books that do not ever disappoint.

Silver Threads is book 5 in the Memory House Collection and it is another magical story. The writing is so beautifully worded that you will feel as if someone is actually speaking to you, telling you their story. The author is truly gifted and you will fall in love with her style of writing
Claire Mc Partlin
This wasn't quite what I was expecting, I thought it would be more 'magical' for some reason, but nevertheless it was a really compelling read, my first of this author's and first of the Memory House series.

It was mainly about Drew and his young daughter Brooke and how your life can be going along with hardly a care in the world when something horrible happens to completely change your way of life. At the time it definitely doesn't feel as if anything will ever go right again, but as they say ti
Becky
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The fifth book in the Memory House series and I was privileged to do a pre-review for it. This book was so amazing. How a perfect family is torn apart by a robbery gone bad. How this poor father and daughter have to heal and somehow get back to some sort of normalcy and move on. And how a man in anger wants revenge against this poor family. The wonderful idea of the Keeper of the Scales, sort of a God-like person was brilliant. This story was so full of emotion, I felt like laughing, crying and ...more
April
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Susan (The Book Bag)
Cover love!! Isn't this cover just gorgeous? And then, oh my gosh! How can Bette's books just keep getting better and better? I absolutely love her Memory House series because of the way she makes even the smallest memories seem magical.

Silver Threads encompasses some of those magical memories while it also has the mystery of the scale of life. I love the idea of a Keeper of the Scale who watches over us and helps to balance our lives while connecting us to those who are supposed to be in our l
Martha
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful book in the Memory House series by Bette Lee Crosby! When I read one of her books a few year ago I was delighted by her
story and style of writing. Since then I've read all of her books and am always looking forward to her newest release. I believe that if you try one of her books that you'll be hooked just like I was. This one was given to me as an advanced reading copy by the author for my honest and unbiased opinion.
Even though this story has a tragedy in the beginning, we g
Diana Montgomery

Another great Memory House story! Silver Threads is book 5 in the Memory House series. And what a awesome story. I so love the characters in this series. Very well written. The Keeper of the Scale has his work cut out for him. Jennifer has a lot of stones along side her scale. One was a pale blush color which would go on her scale day she marries Drew. Things happen in her life on the way not always good some sorrow . But the keeper has to help her get the silver thread to Drew. But Drew has had

• Collateral Damage: An Annie Ogden Mystery
  • For Love or Money (Main Street Merchants #2)
  • An Ishmael of Syria
  • Losing It All
  • Silkworm Secrets
  • Champagne for Breakfast
  • Wild Chicory
  • River's End (The Inn at Shining Waters, #3)
  • War and Peach (Georgia Peach Mystery, #3)
  • Loving Lucianna (A Hearts in Autumn Romance, #1)
  • The Family Secret
  • Brazen Violations
  • A Pinch of Poison (A Lady & Lady's Maid Mystery, #2)
  • Rabbit Hole (The Paradox Series, #1)
  • Burnt by the Flame
  • An Intimate Murder (Catherine O'Brien Mystery #3)
  • The Kookaburra Creek Cafe
  • A Cajun Christmas Killing (Cajun Country Mystery #3)
USA Today Bestselling and Award-winning novelist Bette Lee Crosby's books are "Well-crafted storytelling populated by memorable characters caught up in equally memorable circumstances." - Midwest Book Review

The Seattle Post Intelligencer says Crosby's writing is, "A quirky mix of Southern flair, serious thoughts about important things in life and madcap adventures."

Samantha from Reader's Favorite

Memory House (5 books)
  • Memory House (Memory House, #1)
  • The Loft (Memory House, #2)
  • What the Heart Remembers (Memory House, #3)
  • Baby Girl (Memory House, #4)