Start by marking “Lone Calder Star” as Want to Read:
Lone Calder Star

Lone Calder Star (Calder Saga #9)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  652 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
For more than one hundred years, the Cee Bar Ranch on the northern plains of Texas has been run by the Calder family. They might live in Montana, but their hearts are never far from the blue skies and hard-working hands at home in the Lone Star state. But now, there's trouble at the Cee Bar. The ranch has been all but abandoned, the horses left to starve, the ranch hands r ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published January 29th 2008 by Sound Library (first published June 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Calder Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Calder Star

Mary
Jan 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started reading this series in the 80's. I think the last one was published just a couple of years ago. I've enjoyed them all, especially the early ones set in the old west. The newer one's are contemporary. It follows a large ranch owning family through the generations.
Leah
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a series by Janet Daily. It follows a family through decades and generations. It is well told and I have read it more than once.
Molly Tibbles
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love Janet Dailey. Can't ever go wrong with any of her books.
Janet S. Barber

JB
Excellent!!!!!!

This is an excellent book to read. The Calder saga continues. Never a dull moment. Mixture of suspense and romance
MsMica
Feb 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of (comparably chaste) contemporary romance
I really liked the story but I could have used a little more romance... (for someone who cut her Romance babyteeth on the likes of J.R. Ward and Sherrilyn Kenyon, mere 'intense' kisses and allusions to a night full of 'passionate lovemaking' just do not fill the bill.... if you know what I'm saying. And I think you do....;-)

I'm smitten with all things cowboy and western these days so it was right up my alley.
I have heard things (good and bad) about Janet Dailey, but I thoroughly enjoyed this qui
Joanne
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
still a bit more Harlequiny than the 1st part of the series, but still very good!
Maureen
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read talks about the ranch and cattle and romancces on the ranch and the marriages there. It also follows young ex-lawman Quint Echohawk (a grandson of the series' original protagonist, Chase Calder) on an undercover mission from the family's Montana homeground to Texas, where the rival Rutledge millionaire clan is attempting a hostile takeover of neighboring ranches, including the Calders' sole Lone Star state ranch, the Cee Bar. With virtually the entire town intimidated or bribed in ...more
Dana
Jun 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cee Bar ranch in Texas has been run by the Calders for over 100 years. So when the Calders are having difficulty keeping foremen to run the ranch, Quint is sent to investigate. Quint pretends to be a simple cowboy and as soon as he hits town everyone is warning him off the Cee Bar.

Max Rutledge and his grandson, Boone are wanting to buy the ranch at any cost. Quint be-friends "Empty" Garner and his granddaughter Dallas. Things turn very ugly and there is a suspicious fire and anthrax.

The very
Dawn ♥ romance
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story had a good plot with plenty of action that moved right along but I didn't like how it dealt with the issue of trust and the bad guys got away with so much. It's hard to explain further without spoiling it but it just should have been stronger. Quint is sent to fix problems with family ranch and is attracted to waitress Dallas at local cafe.
Susan
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Got this out of lib be there were multiple copies and takes place in the west, farm, Cowboys, etc. the story was fine, but very predictable. The love scenes were like something out of a harlequin romance, I did not enjoy that at all. Would not rec to others and will not be reading any more in series.
  • Love On The Ropes
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #1)
  • Halfbreed Warrior
  • The Comeback Cowboy
  • A Texan's Honor (The Cowboys, #11)
  • The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas, #3)
  • The Last True Cowboy
  • Ride the Wind
  • Undressed (Ashton/Rosemoor, #3)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettricks, #8)
  • Lark
  • The Disobedient Bride (Hawk's Way #8)
  • Blackmailed Into Bed
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...

Calder Saga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1)
  • Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2)
  • This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3)
  • Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)
  • Shifting Calder Wind (Calder Saga #7)
  • Calder Promise (Calder Saga #8)
  • Calder Storm (Calder Saga #10)
  • Santa In Montana (Calder Saga #11)