Start by marking “Sweetness (The Sweetest Thing, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweetness (The Sweetest Thing, #1)

Sweetness (The Sweetest Thing #1)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  612 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
I’m the girl from the school of hard knocks.

Nothing has ever come easy for me. So forgive me if I’m a bit reluctant about Kincaid Griffin – born-with-a-silver-spoon in his mouth, conceited college hoops player. A guy who could get any girl he wants, and yet, is suddenly everywhere I am trying to woo me. The more I protest, the more persistent he becomes.

I’m a lucky basta
Published July 24th 2016 by Ten28 Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sweetness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweetness

Shannon Moore
Jul 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Even though this story is a longer one (in terms of kindle locations), I'm happy to say that it reads quickly. I don't have a ton of extra time these days to read so a book that can grab my attention and keep me flipping pages is definitely a bonus. There may have been a time or two where I found the story to drag, but it would then swiftly pick back up again. For the most part, reading Sweetness is smooth sailing.

I'm usually a fan of cliches, but only when used properly and with a light hand. I
Carmen Rae
Oh my god this book was so exactly what I needed I can’t even begin to get my mind around it. First I need to explain that when I saw this book a month ago I thought it sounded sweet but I kind of forgot all about it. Then it rocked up on my kindle and I wasn't really in the mood for it but I figured I had better read it. Within minutes I was hooked.

So why wasn't I in the mood for it? First I need to tell you I am in a completely basketball dominated household despite being an avid AFL fan. And
Coco.V
Feb 03, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/3/2018)! 💝
Red Cheeks Reads
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ainsley has had it tough in life and she has worked hard. Meaning she won't make it easy for the college superstar, Cade, who is desperate to win her affections. He's had it easy and all the women flock to him but Ainsley isn't like other girls and Kincaid is up for the challenge. But will one mistake lead to the end of Kincaid's easy life and make him lose his chance of ever winning Ainsley's heart?

"If I ever saw Kincaid again, I think I might be tempted to smack him in his face for being a wh
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Contempory, Sports Books readers, Basketball Story
Recommended to Twinsie Talk Angie J by: Sierra Hill
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Sweetness by Sierra Hill
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Clapping my hands!! I am loving these characters and different sports themes series. I haven’t read many, if any, sports theme characters so this book was awesome for me. I feel like I read more Shifter paranormal or MC books. SO this was a great an
Jennifer Pierson
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ainsley Locker hasn't an easy life growing up. With a mother diagnosed with a mental illness and won't stay on her meds, they moved around a lot. Now she has gotten her CNA license, but is continuing on with her education, in order to become a nurse. She works two jobs in order to pay for school, and take care of her younger sister, so she has no time for men, especially hot, arrogant jocks. Kincaid Griffin has the perfect life. As a college athlete, he doesn't have to chase girls, as they are a ...more
J. Nathan
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a complete sucker for reformed bad boys. The worse they are in the beginning, the better. And Cade Griffin is just that! While this book deals with some heavier underlying issues, it was all the swoon-worthy moments that really pulled me in and made this an enjoyable and entertaining new adult romance!

I stand up and slowly walk toward her until I’m standing right behind her. And I can’t help myself. Maybe it’s the booze or maybe just my natural flirtatious behavior, but I lean down so my li
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
3.85 Stars

I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

Ainsley hasn't had an easy life growing up. A Mother diagnosed with a mental illness and she wont stay on her meds, they had to move around a lot. She has a CNA license but she is continuing her studies to become a nurse. She works two jobs in order to pay for school and she takes care of her younger sister, so that doesn't mean there is a lot of time for men in her life, and especially arrogant jocks.

Kincaid Griffin has a perfect life, a colle
Sheryl
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*
Michelle Austin
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Sweetness was a great 4 star read.

Ainsley is tired of moving around with her mom and is hoping that they can finally stay in one spot. She’s currently in college, working at a restaurant and is a homecare nurse. She is also playing mom to her 15 year old sister.

Kincaid (Cade) is a basketball player who gets any woman he wants. He finds himself in a very bad predicament that could cause him his basketball career. While having breakfast with his parents he s
Gail Guerrero
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was named perfectly. It was full of sweetness. The characters were perfectly matched and had you wanting nothing but the best for them. Ainsley is a busy bee. All she did was work, do homework and take care of her sister. There was no time for anything extra especially of the male persuasion. Cade was your typical jock full of himself and thinking he could get anyone he wanted. What they went expecting was to find each other when things were at there worse.
I liked this story it was fu
Sabrina
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really cute read. Looking forward to reading Lance and Carter's story....and I'm thinking one with Van and Ky!!! ;)
Angela
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Sweetness is the first book in The Sweetest Thing series, by Sierra Hill. It is a N.A, college sport, reformed bad boy, and all-round, delightful read.
Ainsley Locker is studying Nursing, while also juggling two jobs to be able to pay the bills and support her sister. Ainsley and her much younger sister haven’t had it easy in life- their mother’s mental health issues and having a father who doesn’t care, has resulted in a lot of instability in their lives. Moving frequently and never havin
Michelle
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Provided by author for honest review. This is my very first book by sierra, and it was truly a delight. I liked Cade instantly as well as Ainsley. I love how Cade never gave up the chase. From going to a one and done kind of man. To constantly perusing a girl was quite amazing to see. Not all jocks are alike. To for example van. He seems like he is the perfect guy. Longtime girlfriend that's amazing to witness. As for Cade men can change when they want to. And Cade has. Proven that.
Martha Sweeney
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I LOVE finding books with my name in it (first or last) and this was the first one. Wahoo! This was a sweet (pun intended) and fun read. It's DEFINITELY a MUST READ for any romance book lover.

I had the honor of meeting the lovely Sierra at a book signing event recently and she is the sweetest too (pun intended)! I'm looking forward to read more by my new, fellow author friend.
Christa
Jul 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: freebie-read, dnf
DNF 81%
Amanda R
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, arc, romance
Thanks to the author for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review!

I had a hard time getting into this book and I think it has to do with Cade. He started out arrogant and just awful. I was like ew I hope he doesn't end up with Ainsley, she already as a hard life.

Ainsley deals with a lot in her daily life the addition of a boy that may not be worth it would mess things up. She has a bi-polar addict mother and a little sister she's always there for. She works two jobs and goes
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was given to me for an honest review

4 stars

This is such a sweet romance. It has everything you need in a romance that you want to feel good about. Of course you have your bit of family drama and little scoffs here and there, but it is definitely a great read. Ainsley is such a great lead. She needs to take care of her sister because her mother has some issues, she deals with during this book. She has so much on her plate and she isn't looking for anything else. The strength this woman
LLEP  Book Blog
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 2 Reviews Below ***

This is the first book I've read by Ms. Hill and I have to say, I'll be looking for more of hers to dig my teeth into!

Sweetness is just that - truly a sweet book about two young adults from different worlds who find themselves attracted. She's got a plate full of responsibilities including a younger sibling, a mom who is definitely not all there, and two jobs. He's a college basketball star who made a bad decision.

While I'm not usually into "college" stories, this one dre
Angelique
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sweetness by Sierra Hill

Cade Griffin all-star basketball jock and ladies man is every girl’s dream guy. He is also arrogant and insatiable. His inability to make good decisions while out with friends leads him to a life altering situation. Cade is frustrated because bad judgment will have long lasting consequences.

Ainsley Locker is a driven nursing student. Her responsibilities go beyond getting stellar grades to working two part time jobs and being the stable adult in her younger sister Anika’s
Melissa Schaub
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Sierra Hill and I really enjoyed it. Sweetness is book 1 in The Sweetest Thing Series. In this book we meet Ainsley and Cade. Ainsley is a college student that is trying to juggle nursing school, CNA job and a waitress job while taking care of her sister, since her mom is unreliable. She has no plans for a boyfriend or for parting. She has a plan… That plan goes horribly wrong when one day while waitressing she meets the most annoying, cocky, arrogant a ...more
Cara Webb
Oct 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kincade ‘Griff’ Griffen is a college basketball star who has landed himself in some hot water and is having to do community service. Ainsley Locker is a CNA, waitress, and college student who is also pretty much raising her younger sister. They meet by chance when Ainsley is Cade’s waitress, and then they keep having chance encounters until he convinces her to come hang out with him at his birthday party. From there, the relationship between these two grows into more than just friends and they s ...more
Melissa Agena
Oct 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The name of this book says it all…Sweetness. Hard working Anisley has to deal with a mother with serious mental problems, taking care of her little sister as well as working 2 jobs and going to school to be a nurse. She doesn’t have time to find a boyfriend. Cocky basketball heartthrob Cade has it all…money, talent and looks. They started out rocky and then it built into a very sweet relationship. I loved how they interact with each other. Both opposites…she doesn’t take his attitude and he jus ...more
Meghan Murphy
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Sweetness by Sierra Hill is the first book in The Sweetest Thing series. It’s the first book I've read from this author. After reading the blurb, I was a little hesitant to start reading because I'm not too crazy about college stories. But I am so glad I gave this a chance because Ms. Hall was able to put her own spin on a common storyline. It really blew me away how good it was!

Ainsley hasn't had an easy life. Constantly moving around, taking care of her younger sister, a sick mother, al
Donna Doria
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book had several twist and turns that I did not expect but enjoyed reading. I thought the sequence of events was well thought out and that the story read smoothly from one page to the next page. I thought the characters name Cade and Ainsely were awesome!!!

Cade was the gorgeous college basketball player who was smart and oozed charm like it was coming out of a volcano. He was incredibly arrogant with girls hanging on him, always ready to be with the infamous Cade. He was also a hard-c
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.
I don’t read many sports related boos but this has a good story line with strong characters. Not only was I invested in the two main characters but also the other characters also that I need to know more about.
Cade was the all-star that had everything handed to him, never had to chase the girls they were always there waiting for him. However, one bad decision one night threatened to end everything for him.
Ainsley has never ha
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Sometimes you need the sweet to see a different side of life...

Sierra Hill is a brand spanking new author for me and one I will keep my eye on in the near future. Sweetness is my first book by her and what a sweet journey it was. I love college romance but throw in some sports and I am hook, line and sinker.

Sweetness was an amazing book full of sweet, heart, laughs, and passion. This book took me on a journey that made me smile, swoon, and fall into love. The banter... the characters...
Native Honey
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Five stars

Ainsley is a young college student trying to get by working two jobs and attending college. She keeps to herself and gets her work done. One day at work she sees a young rich man and his parents. He appears to be arrogant toward her from the start.

Cade is the son of a great lawyer and his mother has always been a stay at home mom, whom recently divorced. Cade thinks he can get away with whatever he can. He had been caught with his pants down and the judge is no
Sylvia Schneider
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am not a big fan of sports books, but I do say this one did not totally revolve around a sport.
Cade is a basketball player, and Ainsley is a girl who is just trying to make it through life.
This book , while it touched on the sport of basketball, did not make it the entire story and I liked that. It did touch on many subjects, from underage drinking & DUI ( and the price to pay for such actions), mental illness ( how it can hurt the ones we love the most in life) and senior neglect ( how we
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC for an honest review.
This is the first book which I have read by this author, and my word, it will not be the last. The title of this book is very apt, as this is a sweet love story. This story is about two young adults who are from totally different backgrounds, and end up attracted to each other. Ainsley has had a crappy life, but this does not deter her from being kind and compassionate to everybody she comes across. Cade is from a privileged background, and is self absorbed
Sierra Hill wrote her first full-length romance after a corporate acquisition led her to a stint of unemployment, offering her some quality writing time.

She loves writing about the fictional characters that live in her brain who constantly shout for their own love story to be told.

Sierra resides in the Pacific Northwest with her husband of twenty years and her long-haired, German Shepherd. She is
More about Sierra Hill

The Sweetest Thing (5 books)
  • Sweet Girl (The Sweetest Thing, #2)
  • Sweet Summer Love (The Sweetest Thing #3)
  • Sweet Disaster (The Sweetest Thing #4)
  • Sweet Little Lies (The Sweetest Thing, #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be