Start by marking “Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1: Sinestro's Law” as Want to Read:
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1: Sinestro's Law

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1: Sinestro's Law

(Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #1)

A part of DC Universe: Rebirth!

Hal Jordan is about to go from the head of the Green Lantern Corps to an army of one. Jordan's long, illustrious--and tumultuous--tenure with the Corps takes several hairpin turns. At lightspeed. Toward a black hole. In a blender!

For starters, the Green Lantern Corps has disappeared, and now Sinestro's own Corps enforces his uniquely brutal
Paperback, Trade, 152 pages
Published February 14th 2017 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 1

Anne
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok, it looks like this will be the Green Lantern title that I follow from here on out. I know a lot of you guys are really enjoying the Simon and Jessica Green Lantern title, but for whatever reason those two just don't turn me on.

Anyhoo, this starts off with Hal forging a Green Lantern ring, using that freaky gauntlet that he stole, and an assload of (say it with me, people) willpower.
For those of you who haven't been following Hal the past few years, you may want to go back and read the previ
Sam Quixote
Feb 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
The Green Lantern Corps have disappeared somewhere, Oa has been blowed up and the Sinestro Corps rule the universe – prepare to lose IQ points, it’s Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps!

Robert Venditti used to be a great writer – really. I highly recommend the first four volumes of his XO Manowar series for Valiant which is a damn sight better than any of his Green Lantern run for DC. But since he took over from Geoff Johns, Green Lantern has never even been mediocre, let alone good! I thought
Steve
I received this from Edelweiss and DC Comics in exchange for an honest review.

Okay, so this is the last of the Rebirth imprint graphic novels that I received from Edelweiss, and it was pretty good. The artwork was fantastic, and I guess the only reason it wasn't 5 stars is that the ending was so very obvious early on in the book.

Curious to see what direction this title takes in the future.
Sesana
Feb 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
If you are not currently up to date on New 52 Green Lantern, I'd strongly recommend you get up to date before tackling this volume. I was not, and my reading experience definitely suffered for it. There's been one heck of a seismic shift in the order of the universe, and I totally missed it happening. To sum up: the Sinestro Corps somehow supplanted the Green Lanterns as the galactic police force, Hal Jordan seems to have been some form of fugitive, and the other Lanterns are missing, presumed d ...more
mercedes
Jul 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, dc, library
1.5/5

This was very nearly unbearable. At 8 issues, this is the longest Rebirth volume I’ve picked up, and boy do I regret it. Usually, no matter how bad a comic may be, I enjoy reading it and don’t regret spending a half hour or so reading through it. However, this volume’s premise seemed so insignificant it genuinely feels like wasted time.

I reserve the one star rating for only my most hated of books, but I would feel too generous giving this 2 stars, so unfortunately it’s just going to have t
Chad
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This was the first Venditti GL book I kind of liked. It's the first time I've felt like he kind of gets the characters. This picks up where the previous volume of GL left off.

Hal is slowly turning into ring energy and crafts his own power ring. After 2 years, he's finally decided to go look for the corps. At the same time, the rest of the corps pops in at the edge of the universe. Their ranks have been decimated from wherever they were. Jon Stewart's now in charge and sends Guy on a scouting mi
Scott Lee
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is definitely the stronger of the two Green Lantern titles DC's Running right now. Excellent use of Hal, Soranik, Guy John, Kilowogg, SInestro, all GL's classic characters. And a nice big space-sized storyline. Well-done.
Chris Lemmerman
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
[Read as single issues]
If you didn't know this book was written by Robert Venditti, who wrote the past year or so of Green Lantern books, you'd think this was a different writer. Venditti really steps up his game with this new volume of Green Lantern, evoking a lot of the good stuff that Geoff Johns introduced into the series.

Focusing on Hal Jordan with one plot thread and John Stewart and the returning Green Lantern Corps in the second plot thread, the balancing act is well managed and swaps fo
Wing Kee
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So so so good. This is the GL book I miss!

World: Rafa Sandoval's art is insane good. The sense of motion the characters the power of the rings the constructs the framing!!! Yeah he is absolutely fantastic. The world building here is also strong, building upon the New52 and moving the world and story forward it's great. REBIRTH was not a reboot so the tendrils of all the lore and story before was great. That being said there were some logic lapses in the world in terms of Parallax and where he wa
Nicola Mansfield
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was great! I've gotten to the point where I'm a bit more well-read in the Green Lanterns universe to not think of myself as a total noob, but I still have lots to learn and understand. This was a fantastic volume with tons of action and lots of backstory on Hal Jordan and Sinestro. The main story concerns the Green Lanterns fighting the Yellow Lanterns, otherwise known as Sinestro Corps. I was missing something as this volume is based on a previous event which is mentioned a lot and I haven ...more
Richard Guion
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Green Lantern books really suffered during the past couple of years. I was doubtful I would ever be interested after Geoff Johns left the series after many years.

This new series does return some of the luster lost! Hal Jordan is front and center, creating an awesome new ring to lead the charge against Sinestro and his corps of Yellow Lanterns. The rest of the GL Corps were apparently stranded in another universe, which I had no idea about having missed the last few volumes. At any rate, Guy
Paul
Probably not the best place to start Green Lantern, the New 52 and other Green Lanterns are foundational in what is happening in Hal Jordan, regardless you can understand what is going on, and enjoy the great art. The story itself is rather simplistic and the panels are mostly fighting.
Rick Hunter
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all GL fans
Shelves: digital-comics
I started reading this series as single issues when it first came out, but quickly got to spending too much money at the comic shop every month and decided to go back to collecting trade paperbacks. I never had gotten back to this series when I received a Netgalley copy of volume 2. Knew I had to jump on this volume right away so I could review that 2nd volume. This book collects the Rebirth one-shot and issues #1-7 of the bi-weekly series.

Robert Venditti is the writer for all of the issues. The
Kyle
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dcu
Of the Green Lantern titles in the DC Rebirth, this one is definitely the meatier of the two. There is a lot going on in this volume: a lot of information to unpack, a lot of familiar characters regaining focus, a lot of action.... and after turning the final page, I am left seeking a lot of answers.

This was a good read. A very good read.
Intriguing.
I’m very curious to see how the GL universe will develop after this.

4/5
Robert
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dc-rebirth, dc, hoopla
Took me a while to plot through this but that's down to multiple threads to follow and some gorgeous art to take in that was often well worth a second or third look.

Yeah, Sinestro has NO TIME for any of Guy Gardner's bullsh*t

Nice to see the Lantern Corps alive and well in the comics while the cinematic equivalent is basically in the same purgatory as Daredevil before the Netflix series.
Kate
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, vibrant, and full of character, this is the Rebirth issue worth getting.
Tim
It's hard to believe this is the same writer who took over after Johns left the book during the New 52. For everything that run got wrong, this first volume gets right. Now if they can only keep Ethan Van Sciver far away from here and find a good artist to rotate with Sandoval.
David
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Re-read it. Loved it this time.

Can't say I'm a fan of Venditti. His first few GL collections were pretty weak. The past three collections, though treading on overly familiar territory, do show improvements in plotting skills. It's artist Rafa Sandoval who really saves the day here. It's been ages since we've had an artist this fine drawing Green Lantern.

Unfortunately, Ethan Van Sciver does do some fill-in work on a few issues. It's really past time DC moved Ethan Van Sciver off the GL books. I'
Perry Gough
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Like most of rebirth this is all action with little to no substance.

The art work is good and Sinestros new look is great but there is little to no plot.
Murphy
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
I will attempt to be gentle here so bear with me, but to give you an idea of how little I enjoyed reading this comic I'll start by saying that it vacuumed away all my will to remain conscious and I fell asleep in between issues.

I've never read or seen anything with the Green Lantern characters previously, and disappointingly I don't feel this is the best starting place for people new to their world since I was confused until I got to the point where I largely quit caring. The protagonists failed
Oscar Amador
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A few years back when Geoff Johns finished his legendary run of Green Lantern I knew the void he left it wasn't going to be easy to fill for any writer, no matter how talented she or he would be.

That was the case for Robert Venditti when he took up the title.

No matter how hard he tried during his New 52 time with the book. It always felt like the shoes he was trying to fill in, were way too big. I really didn't like his story arcs. Until now.

With the Rebirth change, Hal Jordan and the Green Lan
Paweł
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Korpus oczywiście powraca. Nie, żebym spodziewał się czegoś innego po pozostawionych w innym, umierającym wszechświecie oddziałach. Główną osią tego odcinka jest Sinestro i jego zmagania z kosmiczną dyktaturą. Wszystko szło dobrze, dopóki z cienia nie wyszedł Hal z nowym artefaktem siły woli. Z perspektywy całej historii bohaterowie są już doświadczeni, znaczeni licznymi bliznami i poniekąd zmęczeni nieustanną walką z czymkolwiek akurat muszą walczyć.
Nie polecam zaczynać przygody z GL od tej ksi
Adam Graham
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Green Lantern books have been some of DC's best-sellers and I've been curious about them, but to someone who hasn't read them they can be a bit impenetrable. There have been so many events and so many different books with so many different Green Lanterns, it's hard to know where to start. It's as close to the X-Men as any DC book gets.

This book is actually a great jumping on point. It doesn't toss away all that's come before, but it doesn't hit you over the head with a bunch of needless cont
Yasmine
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Green Lanterns fans
So enthralling and such great artwork!

Full Review to come soon
Eldon Farrell
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
I'm usually a huge fan of Green Lantern but for some reason this Rebirth felt off to me. Is it possible the character has undergone too many changes?
Cody
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DC is owning Marvel these days. No politics for my delicate sensibilities, just action. 🙏🏼
Ross Alon
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it, but it feel like a part of a larger saga, which I missed.
It's an okay starting point, for an experienced comic book reader. A new comer will probably feel lost.
Brendan
Oct 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Mixed bag for me, could've been something cosmic and great but felt bland and generic.
Josh
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read this and decided to start back at the beginning of the New 52 Green Lantern run for the backstory.
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
First things first, I should admit that I may have jumped the gun a little bit here. I’ve really enjoyed Green Lantern comics in the past, but I’m not exactly up to date. I have yet to read the New 52 version of the comics, so the beginning had some events that I don’t know the backstory to.
Also worth noting – the artwork is exactly what I would expect and hope for when it comes to a Green Lantern graphic novel. It’s full of bright colors that are both bold and distinct (and important factor w
Robert Venditti is a New York Times best-selling author whose characters and concepts have been adapted to film and television. He has written the monthly comic book series X-O Manowar and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior for Valiant Entertainment, Green Lantern and the The Flash for DC Comics, and the children’s novel series Miles Taylor and the Golden Cape for Simon & Schuster. He currently writ ...more

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (7 books)
  • Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps, Vol. 2: Bottled Light