Start by marking “The Moores Are Missing” as Want to Read:
The Moores Are Missing

The Moores Are Missing

From the world's #1 bestselling writer - 3 pulse-pounding novels in one book!

THE MOORES ARE MISSING with Loren D. Estleman: The Moore family just vanished from their home without telling a soul. A last-minute vacation? A kidnapping? A run for their lives? You'll never see the truth coming.

THE HOUSEWIFE with Sam Hawken: Maggie Denning is a former chief detective adjusting t
Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Published July 25th 2017 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Moores Are Missing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moores Are Missing

Matt
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshots
BookShots remain a wonderful way to spend a few hours, especially when bundling a number of them together to spend a day and permitting easier comparison in a single review. In this collection of three stories, the reader is able to explore three distinct stories that will keep them on the edge of their seats. From an amateur detective thriller to a quasi-police procedural, and ending with a longer manhunt story, James Patterson and his collaborators show the distinct advantage of BookShot readi ...more
Michelle
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok so the first 2 stories were alright. The last one... I don't even know how to describe it. I can't even remember what it's called. At first, I was reminded of the Private series, which I enjoy. I quickly lost that opinion. Honestly, I really cannot tell you what it was about or what the main character's name is. By far, one of the worst James Patterson stories I've read.
Linda Boyd
3 stories - the first one was just okay, the second one was really good and I didn't get very far with the third one.
Jeff Swystun
As most know Patterson's first career was on Madison Avenue. He grew up and practiced advertising when the notion of "mass market" ruled. In his early writing days, he produced enviable thrillers. He has become a factory. Co-authorships, masterclasses, and now something called "Bookshots". The latter is billed as a revolution in reading..."a whole new kind of book-100% story-driven, no fluff, always under $5, and written cowritten by James Patterson himself."

The description of these short effort
Shannon Waugh
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Patterson's books are always a quick, easy read and always have a twist in his stories. He is my go to when I am in a book slump and he always gets me back on track. This book was actually 3 mini thrillers in one so it was like reading 3 books. I loved all three books and he did not disappoint in the twists.
Shelley Giusti
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a captivating read. Three book shots in one and they will have you on the edge of your seat.
Cardmaker
I didn't realize until I got this book home that it was actually three separate stories. From the back cover:

"The Moores Are Missing - The More family just vanished from their home without telling a soul. A last-minute vacation? A kidnapping? A run for their lives? You'll never see the truth coming.

The Housewife - Maggie Denning is a former chief detective adjusting to a quiet life in the suburbs with her family. But when the woman next door is brutally murdered, Maggie starts investigating - an
Delaney
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bleh. I didn't expect much and I didn't get much. Three separate stories where not a whole lot actually happened. The middle on was the most gripping as far as having some element of mystery, but the rest was pretty simple and straightforward. Each story didn't really get interesting until the end.
Donna Hines
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Three distinct stories that were not James Patterson's finest.
The first involving a family that's gone missing with a shocking twist as to the reasoning.
The second with a woman whose husband knows more than he's letting on when their female neighbor turns up murdered.
The last with a fugitive who seems to be framed when his friends turn up dead as he seeks revenge.
None of which I can really write much about because it seemed to just flow without much afterthought.
Patterson's work is often hit or
Dorel
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was interested in this book's story line but I felt this story was too slow moving for me.
Shirley Laliberte
I enjoyed these 3 stories. The best one was the last about an ex-military "hero".
Deirdre
3 short stories - very quick reads. All about plot and "who dunnit?" 2 days into vacation and now I need a new book!
Nicole Alycia
Definitely not one of my favorites. Too over the top for short stories.
Wendy
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was not as good as I was expecting it to be. It was a predictable story and the first part gave to much away making it easy to guess how it was going to end.
Barbara Wells Plumb
Love the Missing Moore

Book was awesome loved all 3 stories left your in suspense! Great reading!!! Would recommend this book to anyone that loves James Patterson writings!
Bertha
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three very different stories in one paperback- and all engrossing. Strong characters. Plots that move the action along quickly. I was pleasantly surprised to find all three so much fun to read. A family goes missing and one of their best friends will not stop looking for them. Law enforcement uses a unique weapon. Then a former Chief of Homicide Detectives who has become a stay at home mom to young twins while her husband continues as a cop, cannot stop investigating the odd happenings in their ...more
Roni
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Moores Are Missing" is actually three novellas in one book. Each short story is intense and action packed in its own way, even with the different storylines. I enjoyed reading these short stories very much. Each one pulled you in and kept your attention until the very end. A truly great read!
"The Moores Are Missing": The Moore family disappear from their home without a trace, leaving behind everything, including cell phones, clothes, wallets and purses. A family friend sets out to find the
Sharon Simo
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book and The Couple Next Door on my Florida vacation. Both are terrific airplane/vacation books.

The Moors Are Missing is three novellas that James Patterson co-authors.
The Moors Are Missing is a disappearing family mystery. A friend tracks his missing friends across international borders and gets in over his head with cops and mobsters. Luckily he has a savvy sidekick along for the ride. I give it a 3/5.

The Housewife is a retired Police Detective that can't keep her nose out of he
Doug
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
the book was three different stories with three different and new co-writers. The first story - The Moores are Missing was not that great. The second story The Housewife was a little better but the third one - Absolute Zero it could have been a book on its own and maybe add a little more to it - that was the only saving part of the whole book - not one of the better books by James Patterson
Sue  Keawe
Don't waste your money on this book! Just three short stories that weren't good enough to develop into books!

Not anything like a James Patterson book. Thought I was buying one novel by James Patterson but got three short c-grade stories by unknown authors selling under Patterson's name. Wouldn't have bought it if a realized what I was paying for!
Monica Gearhart
This was such a boring book. But it was by James Patteson, so I wanted to get through it. I'm hoping this isn't what his books will be coming to. I only gave this 2 stars because it's James Patterson. Hopefully his next book is better.
Mayre
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like the new novelette concept for quick reads
Peg Schoenfelder
Typical Patterson partnerships. The first two novellas were interesting, the third did not capture my attention.
Jill
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was just ok. It was pretty predictable
Mandy
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The only good story was the last one.
Donna
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I've definitely read better from James Patterson. The third story was the only one that resembled a Patterson story. I miss the days when James Patterson wrote his own books.
Andrea
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The last story was the best one in my opinion.
Rachel Guinsburg
This was a book of short stories by JP. Only read the first one - needed a paperback for my recent vacation. Nothing to write home about.
Jan
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
A bit hiss and miss. It was fast moving, but a little confusing as an audio book.
Madhu N
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
3 separate stories. The second one was best among three (only comparitively). Quick read. Will think twice before picking up more of these partnered writing books.
  • Sabotage (Under Covers #2)
  • Spiders Web
  • The McCullagh Inn in Maine
  • Short Shockers
  • The Inn
  • The Mansion Hauntings Super Boxset: A Collection Of Riveting Haunted House Mysteries
  • Twelve Days of Winter: Crime at Christmas
  • Dazzling (Diamond Trilogy #1)
  • Her Last Tomorrow Super Boxset
  • The Weekend Wife: BookShots
  • Killing Mum
  • The Case of the Four and Twenty Blackbirds
  • Boys Will Be Boys
  • Learning to Ride (Sunnybell #1)
  • Brad Thor Collectors' Edition #2: Blowback / Takedown / The First Commandment (Scot Harvath, #4-6)
  • Wedding Shots
  • The DI Kate Burrows Trilogy: The Ladykiller / Broken / Hard Girls
  • The Blood Price
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo
“say he hasn’t changed wheels? I can’t scour every vehicle” 0 likes