Start by marking “Overtime (Scoring Chances, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Overtime (Scoring Chances, #3.5)

Overtime

(Scoring Chances #3.5)

This short story (approximately 4000 words) takes place after the events of Power Play and before Empty Net. It features Spartanburg Spitfires' goalie Isaac Drake -- as well as a few other familiar faces -- and is available as a bonus for Avon's newsletter subscribers.

You can access the story in three different formats here: http://www.instafreebie.com/free/2jdBs

And! Chec
Published July 2016

To ask other readers questions about Overtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Overtime

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This short story is a setup for book 3, and that's okay. Just don't expect too much.

Isaac goes to a playoff game to cheer against his team's rivals and feels guilty about it, especially when he sees how defeated their goalie looks.

He confesses to Misha, but Misha already knows. Of course, he does. Misha knows everything.

No steam here, but I love Isaac so much, I didn't care.
☆ Todd
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mine

To be so short, this story felt surprisingly complete and was a great addition to book 3.

It definitely adds to the depth of the caring big brother / protective surrogate parent relationship that began between Misha and Isaac in the previous story, so I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There was more uber-dickish behavior on the part of the Ashville Ravens, making me further dislike them, which should help with my big ole' "hate on" for Laurent's team in the next book.

And in the Confession Time hockey scene
Simone
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I

this short-story!!!

Best introduction of Isaac and Laurent's story!
Ami
I am not going to rate this because I can't -- for the life of me -- remember who Isaac is!! Not the book's fault. Totally mine. I have a memory as small as goldfish!! *LOL*. But I can't rate it because I just didn't know what to think about a short story where I can't even remember the main character *head palm in embarrassment*

This is basically a slice of life kind of short story, no sex, not much of action, just like an update of sort ... Isaac is the main character of the next book (seriousl
Trio
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
That was great, I really enjoyed this one, though it makes me really want to read Power Play again - I love Max and Misha :)
Nerea
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cute short story <3
Love to see the nice relation between Misha and Issacc :)
Let's go to Empty net!!
Andreja
3* because it's toooo short.
First of all. I'm an idiot. I totally forgot to read this one before starting the last book. So this was now a bit weird and out of order. This is a cute, but extremely short "in between book", as I like to call them. We don't really get any new information. All I got from this book was the fact that Misha is total dad material. Hot-tall-Russian-ex-hockey-player-turned-coach-covered-in-tattoos dad. I mean, Max totally hit jackpot. High five Max ;D
BWT (Belen)
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, mm-fiction
*shrugs*

It was okay.

It's a short story that doesn't seem to really move the series along in any meaningful way. I don't know what I expected really...a hot sexy scene or an exhilarating game moment, an incendiary match up that would lead into the next book...but I didn't get it here.
Leslie
Free novella. I can’t really rate this. It was only 22 pages. It was more an introduction into the fourth book.
Annie ~ Queer Books Unbound
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own, 2016-reads, ebook
Will probably be no surprise when I say I loved it because I love Misha and I LOVE Isaac and absolutely adore Avon. I don't think she could write anything I wouldn't like but that's also because I trust her not to write anything offensive/racist etc.
In short: I loved this little extra time with Misha and Isaac.
Catherine
Awwww! The dynamic between Misha and Max and Isaac makes me all melty!
Anke
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice little snippet in between:)
Allison
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, favorites
<3 Misha <3 That is all.
Steven
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I love this series. Just a bit more of a glimpse into how Isaac Drake moves through life, the family slowly forming under Misha's roof.

Alisa

Very short story about the events between Power Play and Empty Net. The story mostly focuses on the relationship between Issac and Misha. You do not have to read this to read Empty Net but it's free and short and good so why wouldn't you?
Pjm12
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sweet, series, sporty
Just whet my appetite for the next one.

Bring it on.

(ah Mischa you devil)
Jade
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
So great to get another look at the dynamic and bond between Isaac and Misha. Love this series, and I can't wait for the next one to come out!
Les Joseph
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Isaac and Misha ... I ADORE their friendship like no other. It's my favorite ever! Than you, Avon Gale for giving us this wonderful surprise. It was as awesome as I knew it would be. <3
Ash
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loooooved this Scoring Chances vignette. Just two things:

1) Misha ❤❤❤❤❤
2) Can't WAIT for Isaac and Laurent's book!
CrabbyPatty
A short snippet of a story bridging Power Play and Empty Net in Gale's amazing series Scoring Chances featuring goalie Issac Drake and Coach Misha of the Spartansburg Spitfires.
Wendy Moore
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
A quick read between Misha and Isaac. Love them both was a fun catch up with the guys.
Molli B.
Isaac! ♥ I love this guy. After reading book 3, I was hopeful he'd be the focus of book 4, and he is. \o/ And here he is now, too, if only for a few thousand words.

This is just a little quickie—Isaac from his own POV in a few scenes following the events of Power Play —but I think it does a good job setting up Empty Net. You certainly don't have to read this before Empty Net, but it gives a glimpse of what EN will be about.

I liked seeing this side of Isaac before really getting in his head in 4:
Shelby
Hehehe - This was a fun little short showing the strength of the bond growing between Misha and Isaac. Sure it's not romantic, but that familial feeling is something Isaac desperately needs in his life and Misha is great.

I liked the little bit of vindictiveness here in cheering against your divisional rivals. I liked seeing the guys out and about. But seeing Isaac feeling all guilty was cute. Of course this is hinting at where our tension is about to come from and I can't wait!
Cadiva
Sep 05, 2016 rated it liked it
3* only because of the length.

Quick short which sets up the background to book four and gives a little insight into Mischa, Max and Isaac's life at home.

Bit of humour, we also see Ethan and Riley from the Storm and one of the earlier books and there's a throwaway reference to the gorgeous Jared Shore from book one.
Justin
Oct 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
4+ stars
Verity
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, short-story, sports
A tiny little morsel to whet the appetite before the next book of the series comes out.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Brandon's Laughter
  • Punch-Drunk Love
  • A Private Miscellany (Society of Gentlemen #3.5)
  • Open Tackle
  • The Best Part
  • Sucker-Punch
  • The Gig (Speechless #2)
  • Better Than New
  • The Stroke of Midnight (PsyCop, #3.1)
  • Breathing Snow
  • The Field of Someone Else's Dreams (Saugatuck, #0.5)
  • Making It Work
  • Deep in the Count
  • Synchronicity
  • I Am the Highway
  • The Visit (Cyberlove, #2.5)
  • More than Moonlight (Lucky Moon, #0.5)
  • The Five Times Raptor Messed With The Bull
Avon Gale lives in a liberal Midwestern college town, where she spends her days getting heavily invested in everything from craft projects to video games. She likes road trips by car, rock concerts, thunderstorms, IPAs, Kentucky bourbon and tattoos. As a queer author, Avon is committed to providing happy endings for all and loves to tell stories that focus on found families, strong and open commun ...more

Scoring Chances (5 books)
  • Breakaway (Scoring Chances, #1)
  • Save of the Game (Scoring Chances, #2)
  • Power Play (Scoring Chances, #3)
  • Empty Net (Scoring Chances, #4)
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)