Start by marking “The Silver Portal (Weapons of Power, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Silver Portal (Weapons of Power, #1)

The Silver Portal

(Weapons of Power #1)

They aren’t the chosen ones.

Only the remnants of resistance remain, and as a desperate last resort, a group of wizards concocted a powerful spell. The magic went terribly wrong, and now only five misfit youths stand between a dark ruler and total domination.

Instead of the weapons of power going to the five chosen warriors, they ended up in the hands of an aspiring adventur
ebook
Published August 9th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Silver Portal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silver Portal

Liz
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
What kept this book strongly powering on was the fact we’re dealing with 5 important characters instead of one MC. The plot was good and solid as well but the characters get the main spotlight here… They were all from different walks of life, were all unique and were dealing with their own set of inner turmoils. Apart from Lukin…

Lukin is the aspiring adventurer with a sense of humor and need for adrenaline. And beer, and women. He comes across a ring that gives him the ability to read thoughts.
Thehappymeerkat
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, teen, adventure
I received a free digital advanced reading copy of this book from the author in return for a review. The following is my honest opinion on this book:

When a spell is cast to create the Weapons of Power something goes wrong. The weapons, infused with magical powers, do not end up in the hands of their intended warriors but are spread across a continent and found by five very different youths. Possessing the weapons gives each of them mage powers. But will these powers do them any good?

‘The Silver
Marian Thorpe
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Five weapons of power. Magic gone wrong, and instead of five trained warriors bonding to the weapons, five disparate young people from across the land become the weapons-bearers. Magically linked to the weapons, each must learn its powers and its responsibilities, evade those who want to use them for ill, and find each other across a wide and dangerous land.

David J. Normoyle's book The Silver Portal, the first book in a planned series, introduces us to the five protagonists: street urchin Twig;
David Baird
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
This tale is a nice coming of age fantasy aimed perfectly towards the young adult market.

So this book follows the five chosen warriors.. why they were chosen we don’t truly know.. was it a mistake or is there more to these five than we might think.

Where this book really ticked the boxes for me was with the writing itself. Too many times I see a plot dumbed down too much.. This one didn’t feel like that. While the plot isn’t too complex it was nice to see it just didn’t follow a straight line..
Jessica Headlee
I was given a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. If you wish to read the entire review, please visit my blog, Of Books and Pen!

Final Thoughts:

I suggest this book to any young reader, especially for those who feel like they don’t quite fit in. They may just connect with one, or more, of the main heroes and really gain something by reading about their trials. For any reader trying to get into the fantasy genre, this is a good book to start out with. It isn’t h
Aly
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was interesting for me. Five warriors, 5 weapons of power. The author creates a great adventure and story. I was pulled into the story and let through a wonderful book. I enjoyed the different characters and I enjoyed finding out what the powers were. I think it was a good time for me with a new author. * I received this book in exchange for an honest review*
Kristine
Andrea
Jan 25, 2017
Devin
Feb 20, 2017
David was born in Australia, but moved to Ireland at an early age. The early globe crossing must have gone to his head, as he has since backpacked through and lived in numerous countries. He grew up on a farm as the eldest of nine unruly siblings, but since his escape, he prefers city living. His electronic engineering degree is currently gathering dust while he tries new and strange pursuits such ...more

Weapons of Power (2 books)
  • The Desert Palace