Start by marking “Ruin” as Want to Read:
Ruin

Ruin

Maybell Fairweather was the girl of my dreams.

Always smiling brightly, she kept going, despite the names her classmates called her behind her back.
She was full of curiosity and independence, the extent of which I could only be jealous of. Even though she had all odds stacked against her, she knew what she wanted from life and pursued it, no matter the cost.

She was complete
Published September 20th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruin

Bloggers From Down Under
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
** Provided on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review written by Gayle From Bloggers From Down Under **

Wow, just wow.
I’m completely lost for words, so you could only imagine the internal dilemma I’m facing writing my review for Ruin.
You see this is a true story, based on actual events, and as a reader I don’t believe any true story should be judged. Maybe it’s just me, but when you are reading real life, it’s a true honour that shouldn’t be rated.
This is real life. This is a story
Angela
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

An emotionally charged story written from the heart, literally!

This was a story like no other. It wasn’t artificially enhanced or overly dramatised, it was just a sweet, tender, but at times sad, story of two young people brought together through tragic circumstances.

I wasn’t sure whether to give this story a read as an ARC but knowing and loving Clarissa Wild’s writing style I decided to put my faith in her and I’m really glad that I did. Whilst an unconventional love story, by today’s romance
Samantha Ortegon
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am a fan of Clarissa Wild and even though Ruin was nothing like her other books that I have read, this story had me turning the pages and wanting to no more. I could feel in the writing that this was a emotional story told by the author. At times, I could feel the struggles the characters were going through. The title did throw me off a little bit because, I felt that no one in the story was ruined, I took more of a finding of oneself, a discovery of letting someone into your life and really o ...more
Melyssa Winchester

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone
Rating: ★★★★1/2 Stars (Rounded to 5* for Goodreads and Amazon)

Review

description

I’ve never read a book by this author before, so I have nothing to sit down and compare this book to in terms of previous works. But I will say that for this reader, as far as jumping off points go, this was a really good place to start for me. Especially when you add in that this story was based on a true story, meaning the authors life.
CC
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

Maybell Fairweather is a young woman who was bullied and just never felt like she belonged but she was fortunate enough to find an outlet in dancing, writing and video games. However, when Maybell suffers an accident that keeps her hospitalized, she is faced with the possibility of permanently losing her-life long dream of dancing.

“I don’t care about your weirdness… It only makes me want to be with you more.”

Alexander Wright is a high school dropout who retreats into himself after a debilit
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars

Clarissa Wild
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Now in Kindle Unlimited:
Amazon ➜ http://bit.ly/ruinamazon

Nikki ღ Navareus
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hea, reviewed
***FOUR STARS***

I read this entire story on a trip out of town, and it truly made the trip extra enjoyable. YA isn't my thing normally, but I totally make an exception with this story. Loved, loved, LOVED this one from the first page to the last. And the "Truth" in the ending of the story was icing on the cake.
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Provided by the author
"Clarissa Wild" In exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Ruin
AUTHOR: Clarissa Wild
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue | 19 | Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: September 20th 2016

MY RATING: I HAVE TO LEAVE THIS BLANK BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO RATE IT

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RUIN: This kicks starts us off in the 'Prologue' spoken in Alexander's own words, this book focuses on how he ruined Maybell Fairweather's life, the girl of his dreams, the complete opposi
Aliana Milano
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a very different read for me as was the genre. I've read 3 books by this author before and this was the fourth and can I just say I loved it just as much, if not more, than Clarissa's previous works even if the story was completely different.

Ruin has a very serious but also very realistic tone to it. It was beautiful to read something that came from an authors heart and that they felt so deeply. I got all the feels reading Ruin and knowing that Clarissa Wild put so much time, effort an
Desi
Me pareció bueno pero no tanto.... creo que le faltó algo!! Aunque me gustó mas "La verdad"

Algunas veces me pareció un poco incongruente.... eso de que sufría por no poder bailar, pero ya desde el comienzo ella decía que eso era más un sueño de su madre que de ella... a ella lo que le gustaba era escribir y sobre el decían que sufría también de burla (en algunos momentos pareció que por sobre peso) pero por ningún lo describen físicamente, me quedó esa duda.

Y los padres de May fueron terribles.
Bella'
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Vaya. Impresionante. Realmente impresionante la manera de enlazar dos trastornos de conducta que son de algún modo opuestos. El síndrome de asperger es de alguna manera más fuerte que el autismo, porque el otro evita el desarrollo del lenguaje y en cambio el asperger no. Así que su detección es más complicada. La cosa es que también hablamos de depresión aquí, que es mucho más fuerte. Pero mi parte favorita o lo que más amé de la historia y por lo cual le doy cinco estrellas, es porque ¡CUIDADO ...more
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
**** 4 "Empty Feelings" Stars ****

"Sometimes, I just want to give up on it all. Sometimes, I wish for it all to just disappear. And sometimes...I just know that I don't belong in this world."

Maybell has always been an outsider looking in, whether it was at school or home, she never fit in. Her parents always treated her as extra special since she has Asperger's. Her mother in particular tried to rule everything Maybell ever did and pushing her to dance has been her mother's dream.

Until Maybell
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
 photo newreviewbannerfeather_zpspga5dbag.jpg

{ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.}

photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg  photo rosebuttonsmall_zpsrpi6fijr.jpg

Category: Romance
Series or Standalone: Standalone
POV: Dual
Plot: 3
Characters: 3
HEA: Not telling

I have loved many books from this author. The moment I read the blurb for this, I was captivated so I was very excited to start this book.
This is a story of not giving up. Maybell is in a car accident and it threatened the functionality of her leg. This is the story of how she fought to recover. This is how s
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
***ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review***

Ruin by Clarissa Wild is so powerful in the messages and emotions it is conveying, I have to give it a solid 4.5 stars. I found myself not wanting to put this book down. I laughed and cried with the story. The characters are very relatable and I found myself able to picture everything so vividly.

We are introduced to Maybell Fairweather, a young dancer trying to make a career out of dancing professionally. Audition after brutal a
Jessica Alcazar
Clarissa Wildnever fails to grab my attention from start to finish. This journey was a little different than her usual. The journey she took me on with Ruin was more than captivating. It was thought provoking. It was relatable. It came from the heart and was full of heart! <3

This isn't a romance story, it is a love story. This isn't my interpretation, it's fact. If by reading the blurb (which I didn't until after the fact), you didn't realize that ... then you didn't read it right, imo (lol
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

✿ ✿ ✿ ARC Giveaway! ✿ ✿ ✿
Part of the Shh… Summer Buzz Book Event 2016!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book ARC Giveaway: https://goo.gl/uqgC3u
Win ARCs for all the Buzz Books featured!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Books: https://goo.gl/4p43qo
Jun-Sep book, release & ARC info!!
❀ Shh… Summer Buzz Book Calendar: https://goo.gl/78NlrK
All Buzz Books organized by week of release!
❀ Join Shh…: http://goo.gl/OmQUZv
Join for direct links to work. GR redirects all non-members to group home.
❀ RSVP: https://goo.gl/bvZGC3
❀ Author s
Tracy Reads
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a good story but i will admit i did struggle with the first half of the book, for me it seemed to move a little slow and perhaps i was just a little in a rush for it to get to the point but by the 2nd half the story itself did pick up as things started to unravel, Alex is very sweet but i don't now really how i feel about what he did but everyone deserves a second chance right ?
Ya lovers and hopeless romantics this ones for you :)
Would Alex be my book boyfriend ? yes.. yes he would
Romance Readers Retreat
Sep 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

I'm a long time Clarissa Wild fan and am always excited when she has a new book out. When I first read the blurb for Ruin I was instantly intrigued. This is one of those books that is emotional, gripping and very hard to rate and review. It is very different from what we're used to from Wild as this is based in part on the author's actual life. It is also quite different from what I was expecting going in based purely on the blurb.

Maybell is a young woman with Asperger who faces consta
Tash
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

By now I have come to expect dark novels that I can sink my teeth into and love. When I dove into her latest I didn’t expect what was to come. A story that captured my interest from start to finish . A totally different book what I have come to know from this author but nevertheless was nearly everything I have come to expect her prose and style wise .

Based on true events, Wild’s new adult
E.M. Summers
Series: standalone
Genre: young adult
Heat: 1/5
Rating: 2/5

I'm afraid to say that this one didn't quite do it for me.

Although the premise was intriguing (and the cover absolutely gorgeous), this didn't quite live up to the expectations in my mind. I fully understand how deeply personal this story is to Wild, which I admit makes me somewhat uncomfortable to say that I didn't like it. So I'll add that this is entirely my own opinion, and just because it didn't work fo
April Symes
This book isn’t like other Clarissa Wild novels, yet that is ok. I found myself drawn in, wanting to know more about Alexander and Maybell; The story of how they are strangely tied together. The prologue gives few hints away and when the story gets into it, it’s a haunting tale, when we meet Maybell , we find her struggling thru pain, depression, anger, doubts when we find Alexander coming back into her life yet she doesn’t know who he truly is to her.
Oh my. The love story is one that I didn’t
Karen
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Me gustó, aunque esperaba... no se si más, pero sí algo diferente.
Hooker Heels Book Blog
Sep 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one was a little different then what I am used to from this author, but I it was very well written. The plot was a little offbeat and I had some trouble connecting with the characters for part of the book, I did really enjoy the story as a whole. Poor May. Talk about being kicked while you are down, the ability to live through some of the trials and tribulations that she did is a testament to people everywhere that no matter what life has thrown at you, there is always room for hope and ins ...more
Lily Garcia
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars! ARC review!

I struggled on how to rate this book. Did I like it? Yes.

It was cute and dealt with realistic issues, but I felt like the blurb was a bit misleading. It made it sound like it was something big or maybe my expectations were too high.
It wasn't angsty and the plot twist wasn't really shocking because we find out from the beginning what Alex does to Maybell. I honestly thought the "ruin" was going to be something different.

Almost one third of the book was boring and slow f
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Yet again this author has blown me away with her way with words. I found myself opening to read a chapter before I went to sleep and ended up reading the whole book. Clarissa never fails to grab my attention from start to finish.

I found myself with goosebumps reading this. I went through all sorts of emotions and was so heartfelt being based on a true story.

I'm not gonna say anything about the storyline. I believe you should jump in & give it a go. This is a fantastic well written story tha
A little birdie told me...
I appreciate that writing is a cathartic activity. The author admits this book was based on a true story, one she felt compelled to tell. So for that reason, I'll limit my review to say that it just wasn't for me.

The material is heavy and hard to read, sometimes a bit awkward (as it was intended). I was bored by most of it because it bogged down in details that were not needed and omitted the ones that would have carried the story along.

This is definitely a case of "it's me, not you."
Strider28
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama
I love Clarissa Wild but this book was depressing for me. I understand why she wanted to write this book but it wasn't for me. I can't really say anything about the book without giving anything away. I think many readers will find this book inspirational. So don't let my rating deter you. My advice is to read the first couple of pages of the book in preview. Then decide for yourself if this is book is for you.
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
I have read and enjoyed everything that I've read by Clarissa Wild and this book was no exception. While this isn't the type of romance Ms. Wild typical writes, filled with sex and dominance, it resonates more with the reader for that reason.
Without giving anything away I will say that you must read to the end. The last chapter titled "Truth" will really put things in perspective and make you think.
MyBookWorld
Oct 03, 2016 rated it liked it
This had so much potential! Review to come.
IRP #1:Allyson Ehlert 1 2 Sep 17, 2017 01:08PM
Bargain Basement: $10 Gift Card & Signed Paperback of RUIN 1 4 Aug 31, 2016 03:05PM

• Seven Dirty Sins
  • Playing with Fire
  • Summer Fire: 20 books
  • Running Wild (Hell Ryders MC #1)
  • His Doll
  • Heart Broke (Hard Rock Roots, #8)
  • Lost in the Affair
  • Men of the House
  • Judgement 8 (Subject Alpha #1)
  • Sweet Adventure (Klaus Brothers, #3)
  • The Parts I Remember (The Parts I Remember, #1)
  • Precocious
  • Possessed by a Wolf (Horsemen, #3)
  • Don't Look at Me
  • Braver (Runaway, #2)
  • Rough Trade
  • Remi (A Vampire's Thirst, #3)
  • Violet is Blue (Hothouse #1)
**NOTE FOR LIBRARIANS: please check with me before making any changes - I generally make all necessary changes and updates myself. :)**

--- I generally do NOT check my messages on Goodreads, so if you want to contact me, please do so on my website: https://www.clarissawild.com/contact --

Clarissa Wild is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author with ASD (Asperger's Syndrome). She loves to
“I was wrong. Wrong for thinking I needed to fix everything in order to be able to live. But now I know that being damaged is okay. The scars we carry shape us into humans that better understand the world and those living around us. I’ve” 0 likes