Start by marking “Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals (Plato Wyngard #1)” as Want to Read:
Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals (Plato Wyngard #1)

Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals (Plato Wyngard #1)

Chasing answers about his Father’s death, Ex-Special Air Service operative Plato Wyngard finds himself in post war Vietnam, 1976. There he becomes embroiled in a plot by nefarious forces to locate the Jade Cup, a mystical object that has the power to grant immortality.

With the help of his partner Luther Macbeth and a rag-tag assortment of locals he must race against a
Paperback, First Edition, 386 pages
Published July 25th 2016 by Murder of Crows Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals, please sign up.
Marc Lindsay Working on the sequel as we speak, Plato Wyngard and the armour of the Gods, all I can say is it will be set in Africa.
James Lindsay It's out already as an eBook or 'Print on Demand' through Amazon or we'll have the paperbacks in 6 weeks (early September 2016)

…more

Start your review of Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals (Plato Wyngard #1)
Olivia  Boyd
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I only purchased the book today and I'm already about halfway through I've been reading all afternoon amazing like seriously people are so desperate to read it at school that they are passing the book around the year level well done Mr Lindsay
Brian Donaldson
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The premise of the story promised a lot, and the book delivered. It rolled along like a rollercoaster, interesting plot elements concerning an intriguing time and place (1976 Vietnam). It had everything I really enjoy in this sort of story. Heroic main characters, terrible villains, realistic action scenes, death defying locations. Not to mention the traps, escapes, mythology and nail biting conclusion.

Hope this is part of a series.
Daniel langton
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
can't wait for this book to come out. the cover is amazing and I would still buy this book if the author wasn't my teacher
Blake Reeves
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read.
Set in 1976 Vietnam, after the war. It concerns an ex-SAS soldier who runs a transport business with his partner, a big ex-Marine, Luther. I don't want to give the story away. But this has it all, ancient artifacts, booby traps, an evil drug lord and his trained assassins, exotic locations, and great characters.

If you love the likes of Reilly, Rollins, and McDermott, then you'll love this.
Meenaz Lodhi
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing thriller! Ex SAS and his friend and partner, an ex US army soldier embroiled in a fantastic mythological chace in post war Vietnam. The book is packed with action, mystery, ancient beliefs, assasins, an ancient secret society... The aspect of a nation’s poverty, corruption, but also people with hope and traditions is defined very realistic and emotive. A must read!
Ice stack
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Can't stop looking at the cover
James Lindsay
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I wrote it and love it!
Wendy
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, adventure
Set in post -war Vietnam, the thrilling and utterly intriguing novel “Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals” opens with Ex-Special Air Service operative Plato being swept up in a plot to find the Jade Cup, a legendary artifact that is purported not only to have healing properties but the ability to impart eternal life. Hired to transport medical supplies to Bian Lam’s people, many who are ill with the effects of “agent orange” a by-product of the war, Plato, his partner Luther MacBeth, ...more
Happy Booker
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Plato Wyngard and the Valley of the Immortals is a thriller fiction story, written about Plato Wyngard. He is in search of answers for his father’s death; instead, he becomes stuck in the Vietnam War trying to locate four ancient relics in order to find the Jade Cup. The power of the Cup provides immortality. The drug Lord and the Guild of Wolves are also trying to find this Cup and use it for its purposes. Although; neither the time setting or the genre of the book comes close to the mummy ...more
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Edge of the seat action adventure.

Bound to be interesting with an ex-Marine partnered with an ex-SAS soldier. And indeed it was!

An adventure fuelled, action-packed quest undertaken by the main characters, Plato Wyngard and his comrade at arms Luther, whilst dodging and battling appropriately sinister opponents, scooping up a couple of unexpected side-kicks along their way.

Camaraderie and snarky humour between the protagonists well done and never over the top. Typical laconic humour of
Emma Rel
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a great time reading this, and was always on the edge of my seat. it was very interesting to see the viewpoint of characters from both sides in that post-war era. Lots of action and suspense, with a splash of comedy thrown in! I felt like I was watching an action-packed movie. I would definitely recommend this book.
SystemGlitch
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG, This book was epic! Hope second one comes out ASAP
Melinda
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put this book down - read it in 5 hours instead of working! Well thought out, good pace, well written. Looking forward to the next instalment.
MADZSTAR123
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book really interesting I could read this over and over again
Leaping Leo369
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action packed exciting book. One of the best books ever created. As soon as I started reading Plato wynguard valley of the immortals I wanted to keep reading and reading and reading. I was on the edge of my seat as soon as I heard about the jade cup of IMMORTALITY. Most favourite book of all time!
Matthew Marks
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because it had really good missions and the characters all got along even though they were all very different.
The best mission was when Plato jumped into a pit full of dark water with albino crocodiles to get the egg on the pontoon in the middle of the pit.
I can't wait for the second book to be released!!!
Good Job Mr Lindsay.

Matthew Marks.
Katherine A. McClure
I loved this book!

I give this book a five star rating. The action is non-stop and the plot is wonderful. The book was advertised as appropriate for teens and young adults, but I believe it is suitable for anyone who enjoys action reading. I'm 68 years old and enjoyed the book so much that I have purchased the other book in the series!
Miky
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was amazing, it had alot of action and fighting. It had alot of decribing nouns and will give you an amazing picture of the characters, the place and how they feel. I recommend it to people who are looking for action and adventure
Bob the dog
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was a great title and lived up to the hype I read this book for days all arfternoon and morning.I can't wait for armour of the gods. Luckily I can read ghosts of peregord while I wait. I would rate it 4.5
Marti
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much. It has lots of action, great heroes and heroine and truly vile villains! They are all searching for four artifacts that will lead them to a fifth that can... Oops! Read this fun book and find out.

I received a free ebook with no strings attached.
Linda Richardson
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book - highly recommended. Lots of action and adventure - a real page-turner!
MADZSTAR123
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome great I could read it over and over again
CheekyPanda
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chelsea Tran
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love it, half because my teacher helped write it but also as I like the book in general. It is definitely one of the best books that I have read in my opinion.
Chloe Alexis
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this had my heart pumping. Great location choice. Very clever writing!
Sayantoni Das
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read the full review here: www.wordscantfathom.wordpress.com

The story is so fabulous that I couldn’t help but keep turning the pages. I loved the premise of the ancient Jade Cup and its magical abilities, and a quest to find it before the bad people does has just added to the munch!
If you love sniffing the ideal adventure on a historical premise with a bit of magic involved, this is for you!
Mad-dog
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading this I couldn't find a book as exciting as this one for months
♔King Will
Aug 16, 2016
Jess kate ebzery
Aug 16, 2016
David Camp
Sep 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: 2 pages for the same book - Plato Wyngard 3 14 Jun 19, 2017 05:55PM

• The Six Sacred Stones (Jack West Jr, #2)
  • The Atlantis Deception
  • Ghost Ship (Sam Reilly #17)
  • Bloodstorm (Dane Maddock Origins #10)
  • The Antarctic Forgery (Dan Kotler #5)
  • The Forbidden Temple (Sean Wyatt #16)
  • The Great Zoo of China
  • The Hunt for Excalibur (Sam Reilly #16)
  • The Omega Project (Sean Wyatt #17)
  • Ark Found (Omega Files Adventures #2)
  • Scarecrow Returns (Shane Schofield, #4)
  • Scarecrow (Shane Schofield, #3)
  • Seven Deadly Wonders (Jack West Jr, #1)
  • The Cassidy Project (Sam Reilly #5)
  • The 5 Greatest Warriors (Jack West Jr, #3)
  • Jurassic Island
  • Christian Lacroix and the Tale of Sleeping Beauty: A Fashion Fairy Tale Memoir
  • The World's Most Influential Fashion Designers: Hidden Connections and Lasting Legacies of Fashion's Iconic Creators
Born in 1972, Katherine, NT and married with three children I have always loved to read in particular fantasy fiction. My favourite authors include JRR Tolkien, Robert E Howard, Stephen King, Raymond E Feist and the awesome Matthew Reilly. Growing up I was always a bit of a geek, in particular my love of comics and horror movies, something that has stayed with me well into my “mature years”.

I was