Start by marking “Argyle Fox” as Want to Read:
Argyle Fox

Argyle Fox

Argyle Fox, with his signature style, wants to play outside on a springtime day, but the wind is wreaking havoc with his fun and games. As soon as he builds a card tower, climbs into a giant spider web, or takes up his pirate sword, here comes the wind: Woosh! Mama Fox tells grumpy Argyle that if he thinks long enough, he will come up with something to do. Following his mo ...more
Published March 14th 2017 by Tanglewood (first published March 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Argyle Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Argyle Fox

Start your review of Argyle Fox
karen
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
MORE HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GREG!!

this is an adorable children’s picture book about a feisty fox, but it’s also one of those children’s entertainments studded with nuggets of life lessons. this one manages to deliver its message without being cloying or off-putting, which is wonderful, because i am allergic to being told how to live, and i suspect foxen are as well.

young argyle fox wants to play outside, but every game he plays ends up ruined by the ‘rotten, wicked, spiteful’ wind. every time he announ
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Argyle Fox is a colorfully and creatively illustrated children's book. Argyle is busy looking for something to do on a windy day. His mom encourages him to stop and think, and he finally capitalizes on the best way to spend a day in the wind. This was pure fun. I hope we will see some more adventures with Argyle in the future.

Thanks to Marie Letourneau, Tanglewood Publishing, and Netgalley, for the opportunity to read this book.
Kathleen
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful children's book about Argyle Fox trying to play outside on a windy spring day. The wind goes "wooosh" and spoils his tall card tower, tangles his yarn web, blows off his pirate hat, blows his ball into a tree and blows apart his castle.
Argyle Fox gathered his things and went home.
"I'm never playing in the wind ever, ever, EVER again!"
Mama Fox suggested that he think and figure out something to play in the wind. After a lot of thought he finally solves the problem.
The whim
Blaine DeSantis
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Tanglewood Publishing and NetGalley for this free advance copy in return for an honest review. A cute bedtime book to read to your children or grandchildren. Argyle Fox is bored and wants to go outside to play. Despite his mother and neighbors telling him he it is too windy to play he challenges the wind, and every time he does so WOOSH, the wind comes and he is unable to play what he had wanted to. He seems defeated until he figures out what he can play with to take advantage of the w ...more
Sandra
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Argyle Fox is determined to have a great time outside in that beautiful spring afternoon, but the wind is not cooperating. The card fly, his spider net gets tangled, his castle collapses, and it is impossible to shoot the ball in the right direction. Argyle is really mad. He is not playing outside never again. Mom encourages him to keep thinking until he can find something to play in the wind. After lots of thinking, it comes to him. Kites are the best for windy days. And the more, the merrier.

A
Ronyell
Fox

I would like to thank NetGalley and Tanglewood Publishing Inc. for providing me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

It was time that I read more children’s books from NetGalley and I happened to pick up another children’s book from NetGalley called “Argyle Fox” by Marie Letourneau and I actually found this book to be quite cute!

The story starts off with a young fox named Argyle Fox who wanted to go outside and play, but his mother warns him that it is very windy outside and
Alexander Peterhans
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Argyle is a little fox, who lives with his mother inside a tree in a forest. It tends to get windy there in springtime, but Argyle consistently wants to play outside in ways that may be difficult in windy weather.

His various ideas are presented in cute and detailed drawings, and show Argyle to be quite persistant in the face of windy defeat.

Then our intrepid little manimal takes all his ideas and synthesises them into play that should easily take on the weather. A moment of learning leading to m
Anusha Narasimhan
Somehow the art reminds me of embroidery and crochet. (view spoiler) Coming to the story, Argyle is a little fox who goes out to play, but every time he tries to play something his plan gets ruined because it is windy. (view spoiler) Read the book to find out if he can come up with anything ...more
Blaine DeSantis
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Melki
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Argyle Fox does a good job of keeping himself entertained, but today is too windy for everything he wants to do - all of his toys and projects keep blowing away.

description

If only he could come up with something to do outdoors on a windy day . . .

description

He's a very clever, and adorable fox!
Cam
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Net Galley for this book to review.
This is a determined little fox that wants to go outside and play even though it’s windy. Everyone he runs into tells him that it not good to play certain games outside when it’s windy but he has to learn the hard way. If he wants to play outside he must think if the perfect thing to do! This is a good book to read to younger kids to make them think and get involved in the book.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, netgalley
Argyle Fox is a young fox who is determined to have a great time outside. Unfortunatley it is windy out and the wind does not cooperate. Everytime he gets an activity set up, the wind blows and wreaks havoc with his materials. His cards blow away, his spider net gets tangled, his castle collapses, his pirate hat blows off and his soccer ball ends up in a tree. He gets upset and goes in the house complaining. His mother encourages him to keep thinking because there is an activity that is perfect ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
(I received an ARC from the NETGALLEY)

RATING: 4.5 STARS

(Review Not on Blog)

I loved both the story and the illustrations. Argyle is looking for something to do in the outdoors but it is very windy out. His mother and others warn him that each of his activities will be foiled with the wind...and sadly, it does. Argyle doesn't give up and finds the perfect activity for a windy day. I highly recommend this book!!
Reanna
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
A cute, little fox with an adorable name, Argyle, encounters a very windy day. Determined to play and have fun, he pulls out various of his toys but each time inevitably the wind gets in the way. Sullen and disappointed, Argyle makes his way back inside, giving up on the day when his Mom mentions there may be a way yet to enjoy the windy day. After a good think, Argyle finally realizes that by combining some of his playthings and toys, he can indeed enjoy his day with the help of the wind.

I rea
Bridget
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Argyle Fox” is an adorable, simple, little book about the games that small children might want to play in the outdoors, from playing football to pretending to be a spider.

This cute and delightful tale is beautifully and vibrantly illustrated using different animals such as squirrels and beavers throughout the story. The book focuses on children’s emotions and the reader is encouraged to find their own solutions to problems, such as the different games you can play outside when the weather is wi
Lee Peckover
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love the illustrations in this book. It helps that I love foxes (how could anyone not?) but they are also so detailed and filled with little treasures for children to find when they’re reading.

This is a short book, but it is long enough that it would suit being adapted for Talk for Writing style work with a class. In fact, I think I might use it for just that with my year 1 class next year.

The story is quite repetitive but without being too dull. This makes it perfect for young children to joi
Heidi
Argyle Fox loves to play outside, but because of the wind, all the activities he tries get ruined. Just when he's ready to give up, his mother encourages him to use his creativity and problem solving skills to come up with something to do that will work with the wind. While most adults will quickly figure out what Argyle is going to come up with, it is still a pleasure to see the little foxes' excitement and ingenuity on display as he uses all his previous toys to create something new. And when ...more
Carolyn Injoy
Argyle Fox by Marie Letourneau Argyle Fox by Marie Letourneau is a cleverly written children's book for ages three to seven. Argyle is a smart little fox who learns the different things he cannot do on a windy day and finally figures out what he could do that would be fun. I gave it four stars.

I received a complimentary copy from Tanglewood and NetGalley. That did not change my opinion for this review.

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Argyle-Fox-Mar...

This book is in pre-order status u
Ryan
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute story about a fox who is trying to play in the wind. But the wind blows everything down or away. But if he thinks real hard bet he can find fun in the wind.
Tova
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adorable! I love foxes and honestly Argyle's spider costume looked a lot like y Black Widow spider costume from when I was like 6. ...more
Christi M
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Argyle Fox by Marie Letourneau is a story of a young fox who wants to play outside on a windy day. Over and over and over again he tries to find different ways to play, but the wind keeps winning and Argyle's playtime keeps getting interrupted and disturbed, forcing him to find 'yet another' way to play outside. He finally gets frustrated enough that decides to quit playing outside on windy days forever. However, with a gentle push from his mother he thinks up a way that he can play outside 'wit ...more
Dorine White
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Argyle Fox wants to play outside, but the wind keeps blowing and ruining all his fun. Grumpy, he returns home determined to never play in the wind again. His mom suggests that he find a way to play with the wind, not against it. He comes up with the perfect windy, day solution.

My Thoughts-
First, let's look at the story. This is a wonderful tale involving the age-old principle of perseverance. Argyle attempts to play cards, build a spider web and many more fun activities, but the wind keeps destr
Nicci
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A little fox wants to play outside but every game he chooses is unsuitable for the weather but he keeps trying until he finds something that is perfect for windy days outside.
The book is full of lovely illustrations, and it is a sweet, simple and fun story about perseverance and creative play.
I'd recommend for kids up to age six or seven.
Joanie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story and illustrations in this book are so cute and adorable. Love that it encourages problem solving and teaches perseverance. My three littles ages seven, four, and two really enjoyed the story and asked for it to be read again and again.
Darinda
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Argygle Fox goes outside to play, but the wind keeps messing up his plans. A cute and fun picture book. Colorful artwork.
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
This book at first glance is absolutely adorable. I had my five-year-old son sit down with me to read it and since he is part of a school challenge I let him read it to me.

The story itself is cute, about a little boy fox named Argyle who just wants to play outside and yet the wind keeps thwarting his attempts. He tries many times, huffs, puffs and gives up. However, Mother Fox has an idea...

It isn't the story that steals the show, though. The illustrations are absolutely stunning and vivid. I
Michelle
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Argyle Fox want's to enjoy the spring day and has plans to have fun outside playing. His Mum warns him it's a bit windy but Argyle Fox is determined the wind wont ruin his fun and goes outside to play. However his card tower is blown over so he ventures back home for more things to play......a spider in a web, a pirate, even football, all to no avail as each time the wind returns to blow things away.

I love the persistence of Argyle Fox and his determination to play outside even if the wind conti
Suzanne
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-kid-lit, netgalley
Alexander had the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Now Argyle Fox has, well, the same sort of day. But he doesn't decide to move to Australia, just to never play outside again. And who can blame him? No matter what he tries to do, the wind ruins it. He can't build a house of cards. He can't pretend he's a spider in a web. He can't do anything fun, so he is "never playing in the wind ever, ever, EVER again!" But when his mother encourages him to give it some thought and come up with som ...more
Stacy
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Callie's Kid Review: 5 stars. I would recommend it to my friends. The reading level was perfect for me. I thought the pictures were pretty. I thought the story was great because of how clever the fox was in making a kite and all those other things he did even if the wind didn't let him do it. I don't know why he couldn't do the other things in the wind except the cards - because they would fly away. How does a soccer ball fly away? My favorite part was when he decorated his kite. I hope my mom b ...more
Christian
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Argyle Fox wants to play outside on a spring day, but the wind keeps interfering with his plans. He tries to use his imagination several times as he plays throughout the day just to have his toys blown away by gusts of wind. Finally, Argyle Fox gives up. He tells his mom he'll never play in the wind again, but Mother Fox tells him to keep thinking and he will come up with something that would be perfect for the windy day. Argyle Fox takes his mother's advice and begins to think and use his imagi ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Fish-Boy
  • Is a Worry Worrying You?
  • Different Like Me
  • Time for Bed's Story
  • It's MY Tree
  • Chester Raccoon and the Almost Perfect Sleepover
  • If...
  • The Secret Ingredient Cookbook: 125 Family-Friendly Recipes with Surprisingly Tasty Twists
  • Snow Song
  • There Might Be Lobsters
  • Leo's Monster
  • Little Big Nate: No Nap!
  • Porcupette Finds a Family

Marie Letourneau lives with her family on Long Island, NY. Born in Queens, NY, Marie's family moved to Long Island when she was 5 years old. She grew up in Babylon Village - a quiet little town on the south shore of Long Island. She has been interested in illustrating books for as far back as she can remember. As child, she would make little books out of paper and staples and give them to family

News & Interviews