Start by marking “Me Tall, You Small” as Want to Read:
Me Tall, You Small

Me Tall, You Small

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  232 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
Me Tall, You Small is a series of playful vignettes in the daily life of a pair of weasels, parent and child. Whether they are having a bubble bath, kicking a soccer ball, or eating ice cream together, simple paired phrases showcase their loving—and amusingly realistic—relationship. After a fall: You boo-boo. Me bandage. At bedtime: Me tired. You wired.

Creative use of lang
Published March 14th 2017 by Owlkids Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Me Tall, You Small, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Tall, You Small

Mischenko
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me Tall, You Small, by Lilli L'Arronge is an adorable easy read for young children. It's very cute and colorful illustrations keep the children's attention. Even with only a few words per page, it sends a wonderful message.

4****

Thank to Netgalley for a copy in exchange for a review
Lucy Banks
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sandra
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book shows many daily situations between a kid and a parent as bath time, shopping, in a playground, and it is tell in only a few words, comparing both. The story is funny and sweet, and the illustrations cute and smartly simple.

Age range: up to 4 or 5 years old.

I received this copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
I loved this simple, yet touching book. Two weasels, a parent and child, showcase all the things they do together. The simple text of not quite opposites, show the relationship between them. The illustrations are adorable and the loving bond is obvious in the simple pictures. As I read this I remembered when my children were young, "me tired, you wired", "me no, you yes", "me kiss, you smooch" and so on. This is a perfect book for a parent and pre-school child to read over and over. A must for e ...more
Storywraps
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This delightful book showcases the loving relationship between an adult and a child. The specific identity of each is not disclosed so the reader is free to interpret whether it be mother, father, grandmother, caregiver, friend adult or boy, girl child. The book documents snippets of their daily life as two very caring weasels journey through it.

The simple playful language presented in paired phrases has the happy duo kicking a soccer ball, licking an ice cream cone, goofing around in a bubble
Stephanie
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
~Disclaimer~
I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my opinion of the book, or the content of my review.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was a cute book that talks about the differences and similarities of parents and children. It was told using simple two word phrases. You are shown things that they do together and how they each do it differently. "Me Guide. You Scout." And how they are the
Jan Polep
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great rhyming picture book for the K-3 crowd about a couple of weasels...one parent, one child...who may not always agree on when to do what but their goofy differences will make you laugh and their arguments will look oh so familiar. Best of all are the silly illustrations of the weasels as they bounce through their activities.
C Miller
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book has a nice rhythm, but also inserts a few surprises to mix things up a bit. Looks spare, but the vignettes provide good opportunities for the reader to add their own special touches using an expressive voice and enhancing each scene by relating the illustrations to things the child may have experienced.
Syntha Green
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved this sweet tale of parent child? Big Little etc.
This could be an excellent addition to a storytime where 2 take turns reading. Pair with Duck! Rabbit! by Rosenthal and an Elephant & Piggie perhaps.
Katie Dicesare
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like this story about how alike and different parents and kids can be. I loved...me tired, you wired and You: yes! Me: No Okay...Me:yes. Fun for kids to be read to then pick up on their own as well as notice what the writer does.
Nikki
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Using vignettes that all feature one word descriptions of 'me' and you', L'Arronge manages to provide a surprisingly complex portrait of the relationship between a parent and their child. This would be a great bedtime story or one to have emergent readers try on their own.
Marianne
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
the cuteness is off the charts.
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books-2
Fun opposites and wordplay in this one.
Tracie
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Two squirrels, one big and one little, make comparisons as they go about their day.
Jennifer Miera
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it. Shows great adult/child interaction with simple text and funny, heartwarming illustrations.
Dawn Rutherford
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Sweet, funny, and delightfully non-gendered.
Mel-Mel
Oct 01, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5
Donna Mork
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very simplistic language but lovely story of a child and his mom or dad.
Miss Sarah
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
two animals one big one small go through their day being complete opposites of one another. cute. toddler and up
Ranea
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute toddler book.
Lynn
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adorable and fun comparisons between a parent and child. I especially liked "Me Tired, You Wired."
Rachel
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Lovely parent child story with simple words and illustations.
Kelly
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very, very sweet. A quick little book about love and opposites. I love when the tone of the illustrations match the tone of the text. This book does that wonderfully.
Tyra
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute.
Ashley
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Simply heart warming. New parents may just melt.
Diane
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
“You and me, as it should be.”

Sweet.
Mel Ann
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Embraces the bond between a child and their parent.
Emma (Miss Print)
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super cute parent/caregiver and child story! I just don't think I have what it takes to pull it off as a storytime read aloud.
Alyssa Gudenburr
A great story about parenthood with only a couple words per page. I wish the book was larger so everyone could see the pictures.
Pam