Start by marking “Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful Oblivion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful Oblivion, #1)

Beautiful Oblivion

(Lake Loveless #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  4,543 Ratings  ·  311 Reviews
All I wanted was something quick and dirty for the summer—and it was Ace who made my mouth water.The rules: no strings, no expectations, just something hotter than the sun to set the sheets on fire.

***CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE***

Published July 22nd 2016 by Hollis Thatcher Press, Ltd. (first published October 20th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Oblivion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Oblivion

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Pu2 xB by sb_zpszpjxmaz6.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (6/22/2015)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
Some people just don’t belong together, or at least that’s what the world would have them believe.

It was supposed to be just for the summer…

Reese Westfield comes from a world of old money, country clubs, cotillions, and expensive cars. She’s tired of dating Warren McCarthy just to make her father happy. Reese has long since had her eye on someone else, and this summer she’s determined to make it happen.

Growing up in Lake Loveless there
Jasmine
It's just something like summer fling and teenage stuff.
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
This was definitely a NA read. It was okay... but I was not down with the ridiculous drama.
The h in this book... two words...

description

I was constantly reminding myself that these characters are in COLLEGE! In their 20's! Why did I have to remind myself of this? Not because I was forgetting that the level of immaturity would be fairly normal for someone in their 20's in college. No, No, No. It was because I needed the reminder that they weren't in high school!

Holy shite! Girl... You can't tell your daddy
If it ain't good I don't read it !
I seriously don't even know what the blurb said.... I was to busy gaping at the cover.

Coco.V
Apr 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/12/2018)!💝

Blurb:

***CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE***

It was supposed to be just for the summer...Some people just don't belong together, or at least that's what the world would have them believe.Reese Westfield comes from a world of old money, country clubs, cotillions, and exp
Ruthie
Dec 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book so badly but I just didnt.
Ace was the ONLY reason I even finished the book.

Reese....( I hear my own mother's voice in my head, "if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all." )and there is NOT anything nice to say about Reese.

The story just seemed emotionless, even when they talked about their feelings...although never with each other. It felt calculated, which it partly was but even when they were together I just didnt feel it.
I longed for it to get
Becky
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Freebie, good storyline, good characters, I just wish the main h (Reese) wasn't so wishy washy. Here you have a girl who supposedly has been in love with a boy (Ace) her whole life yet when she gets a chance to be with him she keeps him and her supposed boyfriend (Warren aka douche bag) hanging. She wants her cake and eat it too well, no but she's to immature to figure this dynamic out. She doesn't even like supposed boyfriend but keeps him in the picture because she's to immature to stand up fo ...more
Neda
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read a Addison Moore story earlier this year and loved her writing style, its simple, easy and yet well thought out. I never got bored, never skimmed and never stopped loving the characters.

Beautiful Oblivion is about Reese and Ace. It's about Rich and Poor, about love and lust. It highlights how money cant buy you class or morals. It cant ever buy you true love, ever.

Reese is a girl who grew up in this small lake community, she lives on the rich side, has a successful lawyer father, and los
Heather andrews
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I READ THIS BOOK IN THE ROUGH DRAFT SO MY REVIEW MAY NOT BE CORRECT WELL MY THOUGHTS ARE BUT ABOUT OTHER THINGS THEY MAY NOT BE!!!!

Love the cover, and love Addison so of course I was going to read the damn book! I just wished there would have been maybe a prologue so we could see how Ace and Reese know each other because when I started reading the book it jumped right into action which I normally like but I was a tad bit confused on how they knew each other and what they are to each other so a l
Yve
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Your typical coming of age, new adult romance where the main characters don't communicate, you want to smack the heroine because she can't grow a backbone, and the hero is just dreamy. Ace Waterman is the ONLY reason this book was tolerable until the end, otherwise this would've ended up with a big ol' DNF.
Karina Ramirez
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Sarah's Book Blog

BEAUTIFUL OBLIVION

Blurb:

From the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Addison Moore:

Some people just don’t belong together, or at least that’s the world would have them believe.

It was supposed to be just for the summer…

Alissa Evanson- A is for Alpha B is for Books
So Stinkin' Sweet. Beautiful Oblivion is a Beautiful Love Story!
This was a super sweet romance. Reece is from money...Ace is not. She is expected to marry the guy her dad has always planned on her marrying...to bad he is a complete ass. She however has other plans. Her heart has belonged to Ace for as long as she can remember. Ace may not have money but he is the sweetest most caring man ever. He is gentle yet strong and protective. He is calm and my heart ached for him throughout the story. He
Megan Ailey
Reese is from one of the wealthy families on the lake, but she likes the simple things in life; and she LOVES the boy across the lake and has loved him for years. She has decided that this summer she is going to make her move on Ace.

Her father wants her to date his business partners son Warren, whom I hate with a passion. She does not want to, and THINKS she isn't dating him...but she is. She goes out to dinner with him, she went to Mexico with him..COME ON if that isn't dating I don't know what
Siobhan Davis
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an amazing read and I devoured it in record-breaking time.

I loved everything about it - the writing, the characters, the pacing, the plot.

Reese and Ace have been in love with each other for years, but both are afraid to tell the other in case they ruin their friendship. Totally believable premise. Reese suggests a summer 'fling' and Ace agrees and most of the novel centers on their developing romance. I'm all about the romance so this book was the perfect read. It's essentially the sto
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Well, I wanted to love this. I was caught up in the blurb...young rich girl in love with her best friend, a hottie from "town" but destined to marry for privilege. I wanted to feel the taboo passion and the angst. I wanted those stolen moments of "we should not be doing this." Unfortunately it was turned out to be kinda meh' for me.

Beautiful Oblivion was more of a building love story of Reese and her bestie Ace. Both are endearing and open with one another and both are completely hot for one ano
Samantha ♔ Sam's Book Basket
☆ 3 – 3.5 STARS!!! ☆

→ FULL REVIEW: Clickety click ;)

With a smoking hot cover and an even better synopsis, comes a novel with such intensity. The story of two young lovers fighting to be together while at the same time fighting off those who keep them apart: family, friends and, basically, the world. Although I must say it was quite a disappointment to what I expected, it was still an okay read.

Honestly, I was pissed off with most of the book because the characters were rash and impulsive. E
Maureen Hoar
I enjoyed this read. There wasn't anything earth shattering or new in this book. If you are looking for a light easy read then this is your book.
The characters were pretty well realized but I was not a fan of Reese. She came off to me as weak and sneaky. She was interested in pleasing everyone at a cost to everyone. She strung Warren along to please her father. She hid ace like a dirty secret. I just wanted her to get a back bone. Ace was a beautiful character. He was strong but not very confid
Amber .:★Wild Heart Reviews★:.
Overall a pretty sweet book. I did like the plot, it kept me on my toes. The bad thing about it is, it's been two days since I read it and I completely for got what it was about until I looked at the book blurb. So good book, not much sticking power for me. I found that odd since I typically enjoy and remember Addison Moore books.

I don't think I'll end up writing a full review for this one. It's got countless reviews already and I don't think I'd do it justice, honestly.
Alatea
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I needed a quick read and this one was by hand. And I got what I wanted even though I didn't enjoy reading. Some parts were okay, but I just hated Reese for not standing for herself and for what she loves. Apart that... Ace was sweet, Warren was an asshole as it was supposed to be and Neva? Wtf was wrong with Neva?...
Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
I can't do it anymore. DNFing at 59%.

I can't get past so much stupid dumb bull shit. Ughh I just can't. Hot as hell cove but boring, brutally stupid, heroine. I just can't take it.

Full review: https://jaynikkibelthoughts.wordpress...
Arlene Adams
Brittany Price
Mar 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-reads, steamy
The cover to this book is amazing, so I automatically knew that I would love it! I always love the set-up where couples think they can pull off the friends with benefits relationship style. Reese wanted to lose her virginity and be prepared for the college lifestyle, so knowing how experienced Ace was, went to him for training. There was definitely an ulterior motive for both of them in this agreement. It was frustrating to read at times, but sweet how they didn’t want to risk their friendship b ...more
Sherri Hayes
2 .5 stars

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish this book. If not for the hero, Ace, I wouldn't have. He was the only character I really liked in the book and I wanted to see things work out for him. The rest of the characters...not so much. Some I couldn't stand and others made me want to pull my hair out with frustration or slap them for their immaturity.

This is an NA (New Adult) book, something I don't typically read. Maybe that was the issue. I tend to read books where the main c
Shirley Verdin
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True love always finds a special place in your heart. Ace and Reese share a unique kind of love. Love that is blinded by actions of others. Neither wants to tell the other how they truly feel but both know deep down inside they want each other. Reese worried worried about her dad's reaction while Ace is also worried about his dad's reaction. Unfortunately Reese lost her mother at a young age but before her death she managed to write letters for Reese on her special days in her life. With these l ...more
Sydney Scrogham
I really wanted to like this story. As an author myself, I know what kind of time and effort it takes to make a book, and I know the author is taking a greater business risk giving a book away. I admire that kind of courage!

If you're looking for a steamy encounter between childhood friends, give this book a shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

But if you're not into whiny women, this book isn't for you. I felt like I've read YA books who have a female lead more mature than this. There's
Tonya
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another one of my 99cent bargain books that ended up being wonderful.

It was sweet, fun and I knew that warren was a crazy psychopath!

Ace steals your heart you just fall for him and you can't stop yourself.

It was sweet knowing they loved one another for so long but were afraid to test the waters until that one fateful day. Was was suppose to be a summer fling was so much more.

I really am glad there were no cliffhangers and as much as I love angst I was glad the drama moments were mild after just
Johanna Sawyer
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful book with a lot of drama, almost too much sex. It seemed for pages and pages that is all they did, and I understand flings but damn! The story lines was real easy too and apart from the sex the book maintains an almost juvenile level with all the back stabbing. My first from the author and thanks bookbub for sending me a great book
Jan
Sweet read.

Friends to lovers romance. Reese & Ace grew up together never sharing true feelings sticking to the friend zone

A summer agreement to be more than friends changes everything including her fathers plans to marry Reece off like a business deal.

Its not overly dramatic or overly hot just sweet & what I would call a Sunday read.
What's the Name o...: SOLVED. NA or YA Romance Novel. [s] 5 41 Oct 17, 2017 03:13PM
  • A Demon in Waiting (Sons of Gulielmus #1)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Born in Chains (Men in Chains, #1)
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
  • Her Wicked Angel (Her Angel, #6)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Ascension (The Watcher Chronicles, #4)
  • Reluctant Prince (Kingdom of Cymmera #1)
  • Bound Forever (Bound, #2)
  • Soulfire (Nightwing, #1)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • Close Remembrance (The Krinar Chronicles #3)
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • Stronger (Runaway, #1)
  • Taken by Chance (Club Volare, #5)
Addison Moore is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who writes contemporary and paranormal romance. Previously she worked as a therapist on a locked psychiatric unit for nearly a decade. She resides on the West Coast with her husband, four wonderful children, and two dogs where she eats too much chocolate and stays up way too late. When she's not writing, she's reading.

Lake Loveless (4 books)
  • Beautiful Illusions (Beautiful Oblivion, #2)
  • Beautiful Elixir (Beautiful Oblivion, #3)
  • Beautiful Deception (Lake Loveless #4)
“Sometimes you take the pain because that’s all you think some people will ever give you.” 3 likes
“Sometimes when love taps you on the shoulder, you don’t always find who you expect on the other side.” 2 likes